Start by marking “Six Earlier Days (Every Day #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Six Earlier Days (Every Day #0.5)

Six Earlier Days (Every Day 0.5)

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  6,556 Ratings  ·  685 Reviews
In Every Day, New York Times bestselling author David Levithan presented readers with his most ambitious novel to date: Every morning, A wakes up in a different body and leads a different life. A must never get too attached, must never be noticed, must never interfere.

The novel Every Day starts on Day 5994 of A’s life. In this digital-only collection Six Earlier Days, Le
Published November 26th 2012 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Six Earlier Days, please sign up.
Marissa Its also now in print in the back of Every Day.
Jovana You could it's not related in any way except it's the same person narrating it

Lola
Sep 24, 2015 added it
Shelves: short-story
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.
Mario
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-stories
If David ever writes a book that contains all A's days, I will read it in a heartbeat.

Such fun and fast read. I wished it was longer, though. Much longer.
Joey Balbas
Apr 26, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 stars, actually. When I found out about this, I thought this would kind of explain why A is A. I mean, why A's life is like that-- taking control of a body for one day.

So ****Spoiler Alert,**** its not.

Its just A, narrating 6 typical days in his past life before he met Rhiannon.
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
I could read a whole book of all the days in A's life and not get bored at all. It's always so interesting to get a glimpse of all these different lives.
April
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013-reads
After reading Every Day by David Levithan, I was like what? Coz I had so many questions, like, why A's life is like that? So after hearing that there's gonna be a prequel to A's taking-control-of-a-body-for-one-day i thought this would kind of explain why A is A. But seriously? It's just A, narrating 6 typical days in his past life before meeting Rhiannon. For me, this book doesn't add to anything. So don't bother with this. Lol
Katie (Kitkatscanread)
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was cute.
A few people's lives that A delves into.
We learn that not every life is perfect.
And the struggles of maintaining a particular life, even if you want to change it.
This has no effect on the story of Every Day.
It is purely what A goes through on a daily basis before he met Rhiannon.
Dylan
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This didn't add any new information, but it was was still enjoyable. I really like A, and it was interesting to get snapshots of them growing up. I liked all 6 stories, and the writing was quite beautiful.
Hiba Arrame
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is a way to start the year! I couldn't read the first book in the duology and ignore this small novella. And by the looks of it, it's going to be interesting.
A wakes up every morning in a different body, at a different place, and in this novella we had bits of what it's like for A.
Ezgi Tülü
May 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebooks
Eğer Her Gün'ün bir parçası olsaymış bölümleri daha çok severdim.

Bu halleriyle bana çok gereksiz geldi. Yazarın, bölümlerde bahsettiği şeyleri anladım ama bunların ayrı bir şekilde olmasının, Her Gün'de başlatılan maceraya pek bir katkısı olmadığını düşünüyorum. Bazı kısımları okurken de bayağı sıkıldım. Eğer sadece altı gün olmasaydı, yani daha uzun olsaydı, sıkılıp bırakabilirdim sanırım.
Leila Tarek
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
it's all so beautiful..
Isabel
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
I just love this idea. It's inspiring and heartbreaking to the same time.
Tijana
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Magic. Magic. Magic.
Just like in Every Day, every sentence in this prequel was pure magic.
"A" touhes my soul the way no other character can.
I need more days. I need infinite days. I even need days when A was a baby and couldn't speak. I just need to be with him. (It's a "him" for me. Don't know why.)
...And I need the sequel.
Dammit Levithan, you could at least tell us which year it will be published!
Magic. Pure magic.
falling asleep reading
"In Six Earlier Days, readers will discover a little bit more about how A became that someone" bitch where
Scarlett
Feb 15, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a good little novella. Nothing revolutionary or extraordinary or anything that explains why A is the way he is, but it was still a good read. I liked the days that were in his childhood. Glad I read it!
Kim
The worst thing in the world would be to pretend t know the people whose lives I step through. They cannot be homes to me. They must be hotel rooms.

Levithan is revisiting A, the character he introduced us to in Every Day. I suppose this is a prequel that needs to be read as a sequel so you understand A, you can see, be, the six different people that A has chosen you to glimpse.

Again, such beauty. One day does not ever seem enough and to stay detached, to try to not disrupt, to always have to be
Özlem
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
Her Gün'de A'nın nasıl bir varlık olduğuyla ilgili hiçbir şey öğrenmesek kitabı daha çok severdim. Yani ya tamamen ne olduğunu öğrenelim ya da her şey tamamen gizemli kalsın. Ki bu olmadı. A'nın varlığı hakkında küçücük bir bilgi edindik. Ben de A'nın ne olduğunun açıklanmasını istedim kitapta haliyle. O da olmadı. Bir de baktım ek kitap varmış illaki burada öğrenirim dedim ama yine yanıldım. A'nın hayatından rastgele 6 gün vardı. Hiçbiri pek de önemli değildi, sıkıcıydı, gereksizdi.

İkinci kitap
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Rating: 2.5/5

So this was a quick read. It was interesting, but it didn't make me want to know A more. It still felt like a lot was missing. Maybe I'm too hard on it or maybe I'm not, but it didn't work for me. It didn't make me want to continue the series more than before. I might just because I have the ARC of the second book, but it's not a series that worked for me.
Zuzana Malá
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aj, in-kindle
Sice krátké, ale dokonalé <3
Katherine
”Some days I’m only passing through. Some days are all hello; some days are all goodbye. Some days I have no idea what I am supposed to be doing, and other days it’s abundantly clear.”

This is a series in a kind of crisis, I believe.

Don’t get me wrong: I love Every Day. It’s one of my favorite YA contemporary books. However, I feel the author is expounding on it in all the wrong ways. In this novella, we get six more instances in the life of A, the body-changing protagonist of the series. And y
Greg
Dec 07, 2012 rated it did not like it
What can I say? I can't really find anything worthwhile here. At least not anything that Levithan didn't already cover in Every Day, only way better. I mean it's pleasant enough to read and Levithan remains a very talented and readable writer, but these are deleted scenes, not even a short story.

What's worse is Levithan breaks apart some of the wondrous enigma of Every Day and tries to explain things and gets trapped in the exposition quicksand. I don't mean he tries to explain why A is transpo
Aryn
This was sort of nice, an extra six random days that belong to the life of A, from Every Day. It was six days, from the age of 7 to 10 to being a teenager. The younger days were intriguing, I wish he'd stayed there, written a few more days about that time in A's life.

However, the self and sexual identity questions raised by the main book were reiterated and made slightly more interesting. This was the pre-Rhiannon, pre-stupid love story, A. I wish there were a whole book of this, rather than jus
Hari ~Brekker-Maresh~
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: part-of-a-series
So beautiful, so amazing. I can't wait to read the second book. David Levithan's voice and style is just to die for. It makes you sort of melt and combine and love and feel and I just love it. <333
Nancy The book junkie

Shelves: novellas
This was so, so good.
Monica Miller
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this one. Probably because there was no useless romance in it.

My heart broke for A knowing that he will never have a birthday or people celebrating it. Or a boyfriend, or a girlfriend that truly loves him (view spoiler)

It was short and sweet and interesting to see A moving one day to another from one body to another with no useless thoughts. I love
anto’s books shelf
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
i could read anything written by david levithan, his style is so good. i’ll give at this just four stars because i haven’t realized that i‘ve ended the novel after i read the last story! i was like whaaat? i need more!
Marija Milošević
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Iako nije dao razlog za "novi dan - nova osoba" pojavu, on prikazuje nekoliko dana kada je A bio mladji, i price su mi se dopale. Mozda zato sto se fokusira na same osobe, a ne samo na Rianon.
Mozda i jer sam ovo procitala na engleskom, pa su mi neki delovi bas legli.
Eva
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2017
I could read about A's daily adventures anytime!
I wish we could know what happened to some kids the day after A. was in their body, especially with the last story in this book.
Vince
"It's okay to take a break. You can't push yourself too hard. . . . Because you could push yourself to a place you can't get back from."

How can simple words extract so many feelings? Six Earlier Days is full of . . . I don't even know what word to use with this.

SED (can I just call this SED?) is a quick read. I read it in one and a half hour, but I'm assuming you could finish it in an hour or less (I'm not a fast reader.

Before I read the novella (novelette?), I thought there would be some give
Rose
Initial thoughts: For 37 pages of one-shot accounts, this was a powerful story, and an intriguing lead into Levithan's "Every Day". I felt connected to each of the six accounts, and while it was a quick read, it left a powerful impression on me not only in the narrative, but with Levithan's rooted prose. Great single shot stories.

Full review:

I have a feeling this respective review will be short considering this was a short read that took very little time on my part, but I enjoyed immensely. "Six
This reveals that A is a boy? 2 44 Dec 21, 2012 06:22AM
  • The Spring Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.25)
  • Up All Night: A Short Story Collection
  • Broken Wing (Requiem #0.5)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • Hollywood Holiday (Red Carpet, #2)
  • Before (Betwixt, #0.5)
  • The Blue-Haired Boy (Faking Normal, #0.5)
  • Career Day (Jasper Dent, #0.5)
  • Undiscovered (Unremembered, #1.5)
  • Breathless (Elemental, #2.5)
  • Interim Goddess of Love (Interim Goddess of Love, #1)
  • It's in His Kiss (Brew Ha Ha, #0.5)
  • The Wide, Wide Sea (Chaos Walking, #2.5)
  • What Once We Feared (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #0.5)
  • Shadow (Paper Gods, #0.5)
  • Resurrection Bay
  • Men Who Wish to Drown
  • As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #2.5)
David Levithan (born 1972) is an American children's book editor and award-winning author. He published his first YA book, Boy Meets Boy, in 2003. Levithan is also the founding editor of PUSH, a Young Adult imprint of Scholastic Press.

More about David Levithan

Every Day (3 books)
  • Every Day (Every Day, #1)
  • Another Day (Every Day, #2)
  • Someday
“Some days are like this. And the only way to get through them is to remember that they are only one day, and that every day ends.” 103 likes
“It's the secret smile you get from knowing that, somewhere, there is someone who is yours. Not in the sense that you own her or control her. She is yours because you can say anything to her, whenever you need to. And she can do the same, whenever she needs to.” 41 likes