Start by marking “Six Earlier Days (Every Day #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Six Earlier Days (Every Day #0.5)

Six Earlier Days

(Every Day #0.5)

In Every Day, New York Times bestselling author David Levithan presented readers with his most ambitious novel to date: Every morning, A wakes up in a different body and leads a different life. A must never get too attached, must never be noticed, must never interfere.

The novel Every Day starts on Day 5994 of A’s life. In this digital-only collection Six Earlier Days, Le
Published November 26th 2012 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Six Earlier Days, please sign up.
Sara A lot of libraries have digital collections now. You could check your local public library, and if they do not have a digital copy, you could request …moreA lot of libraries have digital collections now. You could check your local public library, and if they do not have a digital copy, you could request that they buy it. (less)
Elyse You don't have to read this at all, it's just a little bonus. It warms you up to what A is going through in the trilogy but there's no crucial informa…moreYou don't have to read this at all, it's just a little bonus. It warms you up to what A is going through in the trilogy but there's no crucial information in it. It's good though! :)(less)

Start your review of Six Earlier Days (Every Day #0.5)
Mario
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-stories
If David ever writes a book that contains all A's days, I will read it in a heartbeat.

Such fun and fast read. I wished it was longer, though. Much longer.
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
”I try not to alter the lives I borrow for a day, but sometimes I have no choice. Or, more accurately, I am given a choice, and I have to make it. One way or the other.”

I really enjoyed reading those six earlier days of A.’s life because they posed a bunch of new questions and I think they made A.’s problems even more palpable. To lead a life like that must be very lonely and A. is always only just the guest. Yes, A. can “borrow” the lives of other people but what about A.’s own life? Is A. not
Joey Balbas
Apr 26, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 stars, actually. When I found out about this, I thought this would kind of explain why A is A. I mean, why A's life is like that-- taking control of a body for one day.

So ****Spoiler Alert,**** its not.

Its just A, narrating 6 typical days in his past life before he met Rhiannon.
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
I could read a whole book of all the days in A's life and not get bored at all. It's always so interesting to get a glimpse of all these different lives. ...more
April
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013-reads
After reading Every Day by David Levithan, I was like what? Coz I had so many questions, like, why A's life is like that? So after hearing that there's gonna be a prequel to A's taking-control-of-a-body-for-one-day i thought this would kind of explain why A is A. But seriously? It's just A, narrating 6 typical days in his past life before meeting Rhiannon. For me, this book doesn't add to anything. So don't bother with this. Lol ...more
Katie (Kitkatscanread)
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was cute.
A few people's lives that A delves into.
We learn that not every life is perfect.
And the struggles of maintaining a particular life, even if you want to change it.
This has no effect on the story of Every Day.
It is purely what A goes through on a daily basis before he met Rhiannon.
Dylan
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This didn't add any new information, but it was was still enjoyable. I really like A, and it was interesting to get snapshots of them growing up. I liked all 6 stories, and the writing was quite beautiful. ...more
Hiba Arrame
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is a way to start the year! I couldn't read the first book in the duology and ignore this small novella. And by the looks of it, it's going to be interesting.
A wakes up every morning in a different body, at a different place, and in this novella we had bits of what it's like for A.
Tijana
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Magic. Magic. Magic.
Just like in Every Day, every sentence in this prequel was pure magic.
"A" touhes my soul the way no other character can.
I need more days. I need infinite days. I even need days when A was a baby and couldn't speak. I just need to be with him. (It's a "him" for me. Don't know why.)
...And I need the sequel.
Dammit Levithan, you could at least tell us which year it will be published!
Magic. Pure magic.
anto
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it
i could read anything written by david levithan, his style is so good. i’ll give at this just four stars because i haven’t realized that i‘ve ended the novel after i read the last story! i was like whaaat? i need more!
Isabel
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
I just love this idea. It's inspiring and heartbreaking to the same time. ...more
Laila Tarek
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
it's all so beautiful.. ...more
mimi
Feb 13, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I liked most about Every Day was to "travel" in the lives of others to see the differences between one's own life and that of others, discovering what people do every day in their intimacy, how they see the world, what they would be able to change.

I liked to read about how A's life has changed over time: how it had to adapt to the lives of others, what it saw and understood in so many bodies and houses, how it suffered to let people go and things like that.

Very short, but a nice insight int
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Rating: 2.5/5

So this was a quick read. It was interesting, but it didn't make me want to know A more. It still felt like a lot was missing. Maybe I'm too hard on it or maybe I'm not, but it didn't work for me. It didn't make me want to continue the series more than before. I might just because I have the ARC of the second book, but it's not a series that worked for me.
A.G.
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
"In Six Earlier Days, readers will discover a little bit more about how A became that someone" bitch where ...more
Scarlett
Feb 15, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a good little novella. Nothing revolutionary or extraordinary or anything that explains why A is the way he is, but it was still a good read. I liked the days that were in his childhood. Glad I read it!
Kim
The worst thing in the world would be to pretend t know the people whose lives I step through. They cannot be homes to me. They must be hotel rooms.

Levithan is revisiting A, the character he introduced us to in Every Day. I suppose this is a prequel that needs to be read as a sequel so you understand A, you can see, be, the six different people that A has chosen you to glimpse.

Again, such beauty. One day does not ever seem enough and to stay detached, to try to not disrupt, to always have to be
Moonkiszt
Super short prequel to the larger series. Sets a baseline for some of A's reasoning in later books.

Helpful, but not as helpful as I hoped. I'm looking for the origination and reasons. I still have 2 books to go, so maybe that's ahead.

Onward and upward!
Katherine
Mar 08, 2017 rated it liked it
”Some days I’m only passing through. Some days are all hello; some days are all goodbye. Some days I have no idea what I am supposed to be doing, and other days it’s abundantly clear.”

This is a series in a kind of crisis, I believe.

Don’t get me wrong: I love Every Day. It’s one of my favorite YA contemporary books. However, I feel the author is expounding on it in all the wrong ways. In this novella, we get six more instances in the life of A, the body-changing protagonist of the series. And
Rose
Initial thoughts: For 37 pages of one-shot accounts, this was a powerful story, and an intriguing lead into Levithan's "Every Day". I felt connected to each of the six accounts, and while it was a quick read, it left a powerful impression on me not only in the narrative, but with Levithan's rooted prose. Great single shot stories.

Full review:

I have a feeling this respective review will be short considering this was a short read that took very little time on my part, but I enjoyed immensely. "Six
Greg
Dec 07, 2012 rated it did not like it
What can I say? I can't really find anything worthwhile here. At least not anything that Levithan didn't already cover in Every Day, only way better. I mean it's pleasant enough to read and Levithan remains a very talented and readable writer, but these are deleted scenes, not even a short story.

What's worse is Levithan breaks apart some of the wondrous enigma of Every Day and tries to explain things and gets trapped in the exposition quicksand. I don't mean he tries to explain why A is transpo
Aryn
This was sort of nice, an extra six random days that belong to the life of A, from Every Day. It was six days, from the age of 7 to 10 to being a teenager. The younger days were intriguing, I wish he'd stayed there, written a few more days about that time in A's life.

However, the self and sexual identity questions raised by the main book were reiterated and made slightly more interesting. This was the pre-Rhiannon, pre-stupid love story, A. I wish there were a whole book of this, rather than jus
Hari ~Brekker-Maresh~
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: part-of-a-series
So beautiful, so amazing. I can't wait to read the second book. David Levithan's voice and style is just to die for. It makes you sort of melt and combine and love and feel and I just love it. <333 ...more
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 3.25/5

Review coming soon!
Jerecho
Jan 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Its just six days earlier of the life of A... Just a glimpse of everyday different lives of typical teenagers of what they do, what they are and how they are in their day to day lives.
Lexi Herondale
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novellas
This was so, so good.
Monica Miller
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this one. Probably because there was no useless romance in it.

My heart broke for A knowing that he will never have a birthday or people celebrating it. Or a boyfriend, or a girlfriend that truly loves him (view spoiler)

It was short and sweet and interesting to see A moving one day to another from one body to another with no useless thoughts. I lov
Eva
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I could read about A's daily adventures anytime!
I wish we could know what happened to some kids the day after A. was in their body, especially with the last story in this book.
alisonwonderland (Alison)
It was fun being back in A’s head for this short glimpse into the some of the days before the ones in Every Day.

Dewey’s October Read-a-Thon Book 3 Completed
Vince
"It's okay to take a break. You can't push yourself too hard. . . . Because you could push yourself to a place you can't get back from."

How can simple words extract so many feelings? Six Earlier Days is full of . . . I don't even know what word to use with this.

SED (can I just call this SED?) is a quick read. I read it in one and a half hour, but I'm assuming you could finish it in an hour or less (I'm not a fast reader.

Before I read the novella (novelette?), I thought there would be some gi
This reveals that A is a boy? 2 45 Dec 20, 2012 09:22PM

• Thomas’s First Memory of the Flare (The Maze Runner, #2.5)
  • Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist
  • Invisibility
  • Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List
  • Love, Creekwood (Simonverse, #3.5)
  • Level 13 (Slacker, #2)
  • Fire Colour One
  • Notorious
  • Immer noch wach
  • こいものがたり 1 [Koimonogatari 1] (Koimonogatari, #1)
  • Melanie Raabe über Lady Gaga (KiWi Musikbibliothek Band 12)
  • Once at Midnight
  • Letters of Transit: Reflections on Exile, Identity, Language, and Loss
  • False Papers
  • Alice in Genderland: <I>A Crossdresser Comes of Age</I><Sup>Tm</Sup>
  • Last Chance Charlie
  • The Fall of the Hotel Dumort (The Bane Chronicles, #7)
  • Every Teenagers Little Black Book
David Levithan (born 1972) is an American children's book editor and award-winning author. He published his first YA book, Boy Meets Boy, in 2003. Levithan is also the founding editor of PUSH, a Young Adult imprint of Scholastic Press.

Every Day (3 books)
  • Every Day (Every Day, #1)
  • Another Day (Every Day, #2)
  • Someday (Every Day, #3)