Start by marking “Easy (Contours of the Heart, #1)” as Want to Read:
Easy (Contours of the Heart, #1)

Easy (Contours of the Heart #1)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  201,009 Ratings  ·  11,476 Reviews
Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn't easy...

He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior...

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he'd worked so hard to overcome, and the future she'd put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.

Only together could they fight the pain and gui
Published October 9th 2012 by Penguin Berkley (first published May 25th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Easy, please sign up.
zubi (My Obsession) I love the meaning behind the story.
I loved it its a great book.
diffrent people like diffrent book
this book opened my eyes about how important self…more
I love the meaning behind the story.
I loved it its a great book.
diffrent people like diffrent book
this book opened my eyes about how important self defense is for ladies.
I would recommend it to my friends(less)

Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister

I. Love. Goodreads!

If it were not for this amazing social, book-reading-way-better-than-facebook network, I would have never even heard of these incredible books that I've been reading! And "Easy" is a prime example...

I absolutely adored this book! It was sweet, funny, sensual-- with a touch of angst in all the right places. I loved the characters and was able to build a close connection with them immediately. The writing was AMAZING, and the story flowed like a catchy song.There was a cute and
Tammara
Mar 15, 2012 marked it as my-books  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I'm the author of this YA-M/New Adult novel. :)
Steph Sinclair

Okay, let's get right down to business: Easy is one of the best books I've ever read. I finished it almost two weeks ago and I still think about the characters because I was on such an emotional roller coaster, fully immersed, while reading. It says something about a book that can do that do you.

Easy surprised me right from the start with a very troubling scene of Jacqueline being attacked, making my heart jump into my stomach. And I'll admit to being worried about how Webber would handle such
Lisa
Well this awkward. Not one single friend rated this book less than three stars and I couldn't manage to rate it more than one. I feel like I read a completely different book from everyone else. The only positive thing I can say about this novel is that it emphasizes the message that rape is never a woman's fault, which is an important message. But having a good message does not excuse awful characterization, unrealistic plot points, or poor writing.

Warning: Incredibly long review that attempts t
Blacky *Romance Addict*

Image <br />Hosted by ImageShack.us

Wonderful! Amazing <3
I'm sorry everyone, but this review will be full of gushing and little hearts and me being all crazy about a book I absolutely loved

Image <br />Hosted by ImageShack.us

So, there are like a million reviews for this one, and I don't really feel like writing an extensive one, because honestly, YOU SHOULDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS BOOK BEFORE YOU START IT!!!!

That's how it was for me, I went into this totally blind, I had absolutely no idea what the book was about, I think I read the blurb but it still gave me
Samadrita
Nov 21, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of weak female protagonists
Recommended to Samadrita by: GR
EDIT 21/05/2013:-
I am putting up this teeny little paragraph up here since lately I've been getting a few semi-irate to mildly disapproving comments expressing opposition to my thoughts regarding this book.

If you have been a victim of acquaintance rape or been sexually harassed/assaulted by someone you were familiar with and this book helped you heal in any way whatsoever or you could relate to Jackie's actions, then those are your personal feelings. And it is perfectly okay to have your own
Kat Kennedy
So somebody told me this book was like Beautiful Disaster but not completely horrible, woman hating and nonsensical. I snorted, thanked them for the rec and went on my merry way.

So let me express this in the most calm and reasonable way I can. Easy by Tamara Webber is fantastic and wonderful and that person was 100% right.

I have to admit, the book and I didn’t get off to a great start. It begins with Jacqueline at college, bummed from getting dumped by her longterm boyfriend, almost getting rape
Kristen
Huge 5 stars

I really loved this story but not for the reasons I expected. What I expected was an angst filled, all consuming, volatile romance between the hero and heroine. What the author gave me, however, was far from that and much better.

Overall this book is more about the heroine's journey to self-awareness than about her romance with the hero. Typically, I prefer romance centered plots to storylines involving the heroine's relationships with multiple characters. However, this book not only
Raeleen Lemay
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*4.5*

This book has made me really want to take a self defence class. Dear lord.
♡Karlyn P♡

4.5! Wow, really enjoyed it. A kind of deja vu of 'Beautiful Disaster', but improved on all levels and without all the WTFery. Better writing, more likable H/h, smarter story line, a hero who uses his fighting skills for good, and a far more fitting ending, IMHO.

Lucas

Easy was such an emotionally deep story, realistic in nature, and had a wonderful steamy romance between a tortured hero who is obsessed/possessive over Jacqueline, and a heroine who must now come to terms with the choices she made.
Ari
.. So easy to like, so easy to get lost into the story, so easy to get to the last page and wish for more...

4.5 stars.
Sometimes you don't really  think  if a book is good or not, it just works for you. You simply start reading it and the action feels so natural that you don't stop until you reach the last page. This is one of those stories.
It's hard to think of the reasons  why i liked it  so much, and I'm not even sure if it matters because usually what i like about a book is not what others
Abbi Glines
Mar 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Tammara's Between the Lines series. I've read all three books in the series more than once. So, when I found out she was writing a book with college aged characters, I was thrilled. Easy did not let me down. From the moment I began reading it I couldn't walk away from it. I cried, I laughed, I yelled and I cheered. It's an emotional journey that I wasn't expecting. I suggest you READ IT. This is one that will keep you up reading all night long.
S.C. Stephens
Nov 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so stinking in love with this book! It had everything I love—romance, heartache, friendship, a mysterious, compelling, sexy as hell leading man (I may be completely head over heels in love with Lucas now. No, I definitely am.) It also touched on a very serious subject in a realistic way that drew you into the minds and hearts of the characters. I could see myself reacting in the same way, having the exact same thoughts. It really spoke to me, and Tammara’s notes on the end…I’ll be honest, I ...more
♥Rachel♥
Mar 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: Read-along with Jenn
Shelves: favorites

After reading this story, I had to ask myself, why have I never read a Tammara Webber story before?!! This story was UNPUTDOWNABLE!

Jacqueline Wallace followed her boyfriend of three years, Kennedy, to college and then unexpectedly, he dumps her to sow his wild oats. Jacqueline is devastated and for two-weeks she can't bring herself to face him in the economics class they share. She finally realizes that no guy is worth failing a class and trashing her GPA. So Jacqueline goes to the teacher and
Maddie
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Maddie by: Cami
Shelves: bb, favorite, made-me-cry, na, hot
For more reviews please visit BLOG

According to me a Prologue or the 1st Chapter of a book is THE reflection!
It must capture my attention from page 1 I will continue a few more chapters to give the Book a fair chance to change my mind!

My Review!

description

Steve Perry - "Oh Sherrie"

description

Easy begins with an explosion, the author instantly dives into her bold unique novel!

EASY deals with rape and assault, and there's the painful, serious qual
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Love is not the absence of logic but logic examined and recalculated - heated and curved to fit inside the contours of the heart

This might be my favorite book of Webber's to date. There's something about the stories she writes which makes me throw out my preset ideas of what I wouldn't like in a book. She rearranges my reservations and makes me want to know more about her flawed characters.
"When I registered for econ, I had no idea that I'd be in for this level of reality-show drama. It's
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Okay, this was such a great book. Sweet but not cheesy or immature... mature but not too adult... the perfect cross-over book. I'll definitely be looking for more by this very talented author!

I might write more of a review if I can think of some way to do this story justice. For now, this must suffice.

Wendy Darling
Wow, what a huge surprise this was! Unexpected layers, a heroine who develops over the course of the book, and a seriously, seriously crush-worthy guy.

Karla
5 HUGE STARS!! When I picked up this book I was hoping to get an angst-filled young adult romance, with a swoon-worthy dreamy boy, that would propel me back to my youth…make me feel young… and give me that floating on a cloud feeling. I got all that and SO MUCH MORE!!

I’m not going to delve in the plot, because there is much to be said about the element of surprise and the impact it holds. So much is better just left unsaid. However, I will say that this is a book about choices, the nasty and t
Jaclyn
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love is not the absence of logic,
heated and curved to fit
inside the contours of the heart

AHHHHH *squeals into pillow*

I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!

It was so easy to devour, get lost, and fall in love with every single word on that page.

And Lucas....
*swoons*

This is about a college girl named Jacqueline (internally cheers because OMG ITS MY NAME IN A BOOK) who just had her boyfriend of three years break up with her and decides to go to a Halloween party with he
Aestas Book Blog
Le sigh.... I wanted to love this book. I really did. But the characters frustrated me to no end. I did however, love Lucas and Jacqueline - the parts of the book where they were actually interacting were by far the highlights of the story for me.

The hero and heroine just did not make what I'd call smart relationship decisions. I was really rooting for them and they WERE utterly adorable together, but they just didn't seem to be very functional for a vast majority of the book.

I felt like they ke
Mo
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 sweet stars.

First off, I am not sure how I missed this gem of a book when it was first released nearly 2 years ago. A lot of my friends have already read it and I saw all the four and five star reviews. I think it came to my attention as the 2nd book was released yesterday….

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much fai
Anne

Huh. So this was a lot more fluffy than I was expecting.
Like everything else I've broken down and read lately, this was one I'd been avoiding for a long time. I kept hearing the word rape when someone mentioned this, and it sort of put me off.
I figured Easy would be all tear-jerking & angsty, and that's not something I actively seek out in my reading material.

description

And then I read the blurb.

When her attacker turns stalker, Jacqueline has a choice: crumple in defeat or learn to fight back.
Bibi
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Webber is, undoubtedly, a talented and skilled author; and from front to back, this book packs an emotional punch.
Katerina
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Katerina by: Maria Al
“Now don't laugh 'cause I just might be the soft curve in your hardline.”

Easy is a story of understanding,trusting and healing.Not your typical contemporary romance,it's not only about finding love but also about finding yourself,embracing your scars,showing humanity and playing with the cards life dealt you in the best way you can.
“As for being somewhere you're not supposed to be-Maybe you're here for a reason,or there is no reason.”

The truth is,most of the times the belief that there i
Samantha Young
Wow. Just wow. I'm actually pretty blown away by 'Easy'. This wasn't your average 'boy meets girl' story at all. Unbelievably well-written, 'Easy' kicks ass for so many reasons. Dealing with subject matter that is raw and stark, Tammara Webber effortlessly balances gritty reality with touching sensitivity. The dialogue is perfect (it makes me go all fangirl) and every moment between Lucas and Jacqueline is so authentic I defy anyone not to feel some kind of attachment to these two characters. Th ...more
Anja
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*5 PERFECT STARS*

So, I started reading this around 10PM... In the meantime it's 4AM in the morning and I just finished this book in one sitting, even though I'm sick and should get as much rest as possible... This book was truly impossible to put down!

“Love is not the absence of logic
heated and curved to fit
inside the contours of the heart”

This easily became one of my favorite romance novels ever! Though the story wasn't anything particularly original or gro
Tough Critic Book Reviews
Where the magic happens http://toughcriticbookreviews.blogspo...

Ever since I read Tammara Weber's Between the Lines series I have been obsessively counting down the days, the hours, the minutes, the teeny tiny nanoseconds until her next release. I was beyond intrigued with her writing style in Between the Lines and even though I was a little indifferent (the story just wasn't for me, but her writing was absolutely phenom--wait for it...enal) I wanted more, I craved more and reading between the l
Lindsey Rey
OMG THIS BOOK.
THIS BOOK.
WOW.
I loved this so much! I sobbed, I laughed out loud, I swooned. This book was everything. A word of warning, this book has depictions of sexual assault and stalking (hence, the sobbing). Tammara Webber did an amazing job with this and I highly recommend it if you want to try the new adult genre!
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Spoiler Free Review
5 STAR Read
Genre: Mature YA-Romance

" Ooh, J, he's got ink, too. Just when i didn't think he could get any hotter..." Erin in Easy

3 WORDS- "Future Professional Standing"...
1 Phrase- "As a heart attack"...
And a horny boyfriend change Jacqueline's life as she knows it

Jacqueline has just started her sophomore year in college when she finds her self being dumped by Kennedy her boyfriend of three years. Kennedy decides that this is the time of his life where he should take advantage
Who the heck is the guy on the cover? 38 1730 Aug 27, 2017 12:41PM
Should they make this book into a movie? 22 257 Dec 28, 2016 07:11AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Easy by Tammara Webber - Restarting June 12th 2016 36 107 Jun 17, 2016 11:47AM
Kindle 28 500 Dec 23, 2015 12:26PM
New Adult Book Club: Discussion Questions 1 10 Aug 31, 2015 04:30PM
What is romance to you? 3 91 Jan 18, 2015 02:13PM
Reactions 15 217 Jan 12, 2015 05:53PM
  • Flat-Out Matt (Flat-Out Love, #1.5)
  • Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2)
  • The Sea of Tranquility
  • Almost
  • Effortless (Thoughtless, #2)
  • Clash (Crash, #2)
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
  • What a Boy Needs (What a Boy Wants, #2)
  • While It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #3)
  • The Sweet Gum Tree
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings, #2)
  • Callum & Harper (Sleepless, #1)
  • Dead Sky Morning (Experiment in Terror, #3)
  • Cross My Heart (Cross My Heart, #1)
  • Painted Faces (Painted Faces, #1)
  • Fall From Grace (Mad World, #1)
  • Down to You (The Bad Boys, #1)
  • The Perfect Game (The Perfect Game, #1)
Author of the CONTOURS OF THE HEART series and the BETWEEN THE LINES series.

I'm a hopeful romantic who adores novels with happy endings, because there are enough sad endings in real life. Before writing full-time, I was an undergraduate academic advisor, economics tutor, planetarium office manager, radiology call center rep, and the palest person to ever work at a tanning salon. I married my high
More about Tammara Webber

Contours of the Heart (4 books)
  • Breakable (Contours of the Heart, #2)
  • Sweet (Contours of the Heart, #3)
  • Brave (Contours of the Heart, #4)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
“Love is not the absence of logic
heated and curved to fit
inside the contours of the heart”
1823 likes
“Choosing to be with you, isn't a difficult decision, Jacqueline...It's easy. Incredibly easy.” 865 likes