Start by marking “Blood and Fire” as Want to Read:
Blood and Fire

Blood and Fire

College student, Francesca Morgan has finally met the Dominant man of her dreams. Kevin Stevenson is sexy, sure of himself, and knows just how to make her knees quake.

When he takes Frankie to her first fetish party, she is reminded being collared means her Master can do what he wishes with her, including offering her "services" for the evening to a Dominant business associ
Published December 28th 2012 by MuseItUp Publishing (first published December 26th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Blood and Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood and Fire

MsRomanticReads
This review can also be found on my blog.

Well this was different, and actually a little refreshing considering the genre. This short story made me think of the Twilight Zone with a dark erotic twist. Remember those short episodes, and you didn’t know if the main character was going to have a happy ending or suffer some horrific consequence? This story had that feel to it. And then there’s the climax of the story when the “veil” falls away – the scene made me think of two of my favorite fantasy a
Letitia
Feb 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rating: B ... Heat: Hot

Erotica plus horror? I can honestly say that I never would’ve thought to combine the two genres, but I’m really glad that Miz Brennan did! Blood and Fire was unlike anything I’ve read before in a very, very good way.

When the story opens, Francesca Morgan aka Frankie, is getting ready for a date with Kevin. A date to a party where wearing a teddy and thigh high leather boots is not only appropriate but pretty much required attire. Kevin, a Dom Frankie has been serving for m
Britt Marczak
Jun 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
What a refreshing story this is! Horror and erotica are combined in a lovely quick novella with Blood and Fire. I love that I couldn't predict the ending -- and that it was not-so-nice. :D
Poison
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: BDSM & Paranormal lovers
A short story about a submissive girl heading out to a BDSM party with her Dominant.

This was not exactly what I was expecting, but, it was pretty hot! I liked Frankie as a character, what little we get to know her at least. I'm down with Demons, Angels and whatnot, as my avatar probably suggests, but we didn't get much world building in this short story.

So, hot paranormal sex, Demons, slave girls and a maybe HEA? I liked it.

***provided by the Author through BDSM group TPE BAR Read2Review***
Daria
Jul 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: bdsm, shifters
Provided by the Author through BDSM group TPE BAR Read2Review

Cant say I didnt like it. I can wish it was longer, to have more time to explore the story line. I gave it 3 stars for the concept of the story. Got to love paranormal. The begining was fine. The switch in Masters confused me a bit, Id have loved the the story to go on more. Just to see how the characters progressed. The collaring was short and sweet and done in a car. As I said Im not saying I didnt like it, just alot going on for it
Matt Dominic
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
After reading this book I have realized how it reminded me of a twilight mixed with 50 shades. I have carefully thought about it and I give it 5/5. I have taken my time to write this review as the author already knows but time can only tell. Blood + fire is an exellent name for the book,It tells the story in just the name. The book is kind of like a liff story...exept its erotic and sexy. What I love about this erotic book is that it is different It really is truely different to all the rest. It ...more
The Talent Cave Reviews
Short Story
Reviewed by Maven

4 Flames-Sizzling Hot
3 Stars-Good

I read and then read this story again, because the first time I read it I was unsure of what I actually thought of it. The second time around, I took some time to let it simmer. Blood and Fire is Dark Erotica and Horror. An interesting combination to be sure. Ms. Brennan used her creativity in the way she mixed horror with the darker
Candice Bundy
Oct 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, horror
This was a short and not so sweet tale, which takes a very unexpected and refreshing turn midway through, thus the horror shelf tag. Brennan could have kept this story predictable, but didn't, and that makes this story all the more engaging.

I have to say I was turned off by Frankie's blunt manner in the beginning of the story, but towards the end it made sense. She needs to be strong when things get crazy.

Overall, fun for a short, dark novella.
Lora Swink
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
BDSM /horror at its best!
I was amazed my Kindle didn't catch on fire! :-)
Great hot super sexy read!I was disappointed in the length no pun intended but a lot of action and emotion was packed into
this story.It starts out as a typical BDSM story with a master and slave enjoying a night out at Gothic mansion but quickly takes a wickedly dark turn.
I would love to see this story expanded into full length novel.
Sapphire Kande
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this book? Well first off, it's so well done that I could totally see it being a movie... well a very X rated movie maybe ;)

The characters and settings are so well developed that I can see it in front of me! It's action-packed with some steamy sexy scenes that will just blow your mind! It was so intense so incredibly sexy and pulse racing that I needed to stop to breathe every few pages. Amazing Little Story! I so hope you continue it!
Midnight Magic Reviews
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about R. Brennan's short story, Blood and Fire, except... I'm deliciously scared out of my mind. It's a dark, erotic horror story that I will not soon forget.

This fetish party turned demonic nightmare gets 5 Midnight Magic Girls. (It might not take you all night to read through it's thirty pages, but this story will stay with you long after the lights are out!)
 Rosebud
Kevin Stevenson and Francesca "Frankie" Morgan are about to attend their first fetish party as Master and slave. Frankie has gone all out to make her new master proud and she's willing to do whatever it takes so those at the party realize how worthy she to be her Master's pet.

Her fortitude will be put to the test when Master Kevin allows their host Bartholomew Andrews to borrow her for the evening.

This had the potential to be a down and dirty read that threw in some dark horror erotica elements
Erica
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
Provided by the Author through BDSM group TPE BAR Read2Review

Blood and Fire was an intriguing read. Based on the description, I was not expecting the paranormal that remained so central to the plot. I wish it had been much longer.

I started out interested by the Dom / sub relationship, but from there, it really steers away from the world of BDSM and more into straight up paranormal horror. I was left rather confused by the majority of the plot line surrounding the paranormal. Nothing was really e
Karen Roma
Apr 09, 2016 rated it liked it
This story was definitely not what I was expecting. What started as a full-fledged BDSM novella, turned into a dark and twisted tale of demonic proportions.

Did I love it.....No.

Did I hate it.....No.

So I guess that puts me somewhere in between.

Suffice to say the story is very short, but undoubtedly makes one look over their shoulder and wary of things that go bump in the night.
Shelly
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This takes BDSM to a whole new level. It keeps you interested from the very beginning of the story until the very end. Then when you think you know what's going to happen... a twist to the story and wow not expecting it but great twist.
R. Brennan
Oct 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: erotic, my-stories, bdsm, d-s
My story -- of course I love it :)
Pam
Desiree
Feb 18, 2013
Lisa
Feb 18, 2013
R. Brennan is a subbie brat with a bitch streak, an IT geek for the state of New York, and reformed gaming addict living in the rolling hills of Upstate NY. (You know, where it takes a ten minute drive to buy a gallon of milk, and the smell of cows lingers on the breeze.)

The truly brave are welcome to follow her blog: http://bexbooknook.wordpress.com or stalk her on twitter: @bexbrennan Often NSF