Start by marking “Wolf's Haven (Caedmon Wolves, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wolf's Haven (Caedmon Wolves, #1)

Wolf's Haven

(Caedmon Wolves #1)

Tamara would risk her life to gain freedom. She's finally built up the courage to escape from a world of abuse by the hands of the man who promised her the world. One night she makes a break for it, but her plans backfire. She begins to believe that she was never meant to be happy. When all hope of freedom fades, she stumbles across a wolf that brings her to safety. She le ...more
Published October 4th 2012 by Obsidian Gem Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Wolf's Haven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolf's Haven

Kenya Wright
Nov 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When I first started this novel and met the male that I thought was the Hero, I wanted to do this to the author:

(On another note: that gif is a guy trying to rob a woman of her purse and she yanked that a-hole and slammed him to the ground! Woo Hoo!!!)

Ok...

*clears throat.

So I read the first chapter and a craving to beat the crap out of the author rushes through me. I'm hot and pissed! How dare she make this evil son of a bitch the hero? What is wrong with her? Who would love him? This just sends
Paris        (kerbytejas)
Nov 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-to-2012
I was given this book by the author for an honest review. My 3 stars is for book length, not quality of the story.

This is sweet, quick, easy to read story. Our heroine, Tamara has finally found the strength to leave an abusive relationship, but is injured in her jump from a three story building. Escaping, but unable to walk, or climb a fence to freedom she is befriended by a mysterious wolf with big green eyes, for some reason she trusts this wolf. Waking up in a cabin, she has no memory of how
Deva
Full review at: http://urbanparanormal.blogspot.com

Wolf's Haven is a romance based around Tamara, young woman escaping an abusive relationship. Just as she decides to break from her abusive fiance, she meets a wolf who helps her flee to safety. The wolf turns out to be rising Alpha, Devin. A protective instinct possesses him upon meeting Tamara, that takes them all the way to claiming and then bonding with her.

It's a short read but a good one. I do encourage you to get it because, like I said, r
The BookChick
My Rating: ★★★

Book Description:
Tamara would risk her life to gain freedom. She's finally built up the courage to escape from a world of abuse by the hands of man who promised her the world. One night she makes a break for it, but her plans backfire. She begins to believe that she was never meant to be happy. When all hope of freedom fades, she stumbles across a wolf that brings her to safety. She learns to trust the wolf, but has yet to trust the man.

Devin, potential future leader of the Caedmo
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
I was pleasantly surprised by this particular shifter book. Everything about this book was enjoyable for a lot of reasons mainly though because the characters were believable and real. The Wolf's Haven is truly that a haven for Tamara. Here's why I believe this:

Tamara wants desperately to get out of her abusive relationship with Brad. Brad is nothing more than a liar and thief trying to make Tamara be a part of his plans. Tamara knows that she needs to get away from Brad no matter the cost or wh
Aղցela W.
Tamara risked her life to get away from her abusive boyfriend Brad. During a robbery at a museum she sat him up and jumped out of a 3 story window. She begins to believe that she was never meant to be happy. When all hope of freedom fades she stumbles across a wolf that brings her to safety. She learns to trust the wolf, but has yet to trust the man. Devin potential future leader of the Caedmon Pack, returns to the foothills of his Virginia home after five long years as a lone wolf. Both Devin a ...more
J. Libby
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
I don't think there was enough of Wolf's Haven. It read as a very condensed snippet from what could have been a larger work. There was very little narrative tension and what there was, was too easily resolved. I would have liked more pathos from all of the characters. A little more fall-out between past and present actions and more ramifications from the events that open the book. Considering how it opens, the female lead isn't nearly as damaged as I would have thought. The male lead also falls ...more
Roxie's Reviews
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"This is a Fantastic shifter Romance!"
The story line is amazing! and the Characters are Awesome!.
Tamara found her self trapped in an abusive relationship. Her Fiance Brad was wonderful when she first met him. Then after awhile he started showing his true colors with abuse,Drinking,drugs, and criminal activity. Now Tamara knows she must escape or end up in jail or dead. She has one person she feels she can trust and that is her counselor. Brad makes her help him rob a museum. Her counselor tells
Fashionista
I usually don't like short stories or novellas; but this one was pretty good. The hero, Devin, was very sexy and sweet. I'm glad to know that it is the first bookmark in a series on Wolf Haven. I'll be reading book two next!
Mspraise50
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this whole series. Lovely stories of the wolves finding their mates. This is the first books which was extremely romantic. Definitely worth a read.
Maxie
Nov 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wolf Haven by Ambrielle Kirk

Ambrielle Kirk crafted a sensuous tale of love, healing and adventure. The narrative Wolf's Haven is well balanced with action, good and evil with high spirited characters, twisted personalities and settings that ranges from a peaceful respite to a hectic city, frightening unknown terrain.

Ms. Kirk touches all of a readers sensory elements via this adventurous, paranormal romantic story.
Her writing style possesses a punchy, sexiness, yet smoothness and easy flowing v
Fangs for the Fantasy
Tamara is escaping an abusive relationship while she still can. She has a plan, she makes her escape – but it all goes horribly wrong. Until a wolf arrives, an actual wolf, that carries her to safety and away from her abusers.

She wakes in a cabin in the woods, with Devin, the wolf shifter and begins to learn to trust him, even as he carefully takes care of her and her injuries.

But Devin has his own issues, his pack is leaderless and the only contender is a wolf that will stop at nothing for powe
Marcia
Nov 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Wolf’s Haven (Caedmon Wolves), Ambrielle Kirk (Black Friday Blog Hop)

Tamara is on the run from her boyfriend, she finally finds a way to escape him during a robbery. Hurt and on the run, her only companion a large wolf with green eyes. Upon awaking, instead of a wolf she finds his owner Devin with the same gorgeous green eyes. Devin’s father has passed and now the pack wants him to assume his role as alpha. Responsibility for a pack his father kicked him out of for being a bastard is not somethi
★Codie Abibliophobic ★
Dec 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
This really was a great book. I had my doubts when I first started reading Wolf's Haven but those doubts were quickly diminished. I really liked Tamara, she was in an abusive relationship and escapes to make a new life for herself. When she meets Devin, who just so happens to be a shape shifter! I loved Devin, he was a tragic soul that was really just searching for love that he never had.

Tamara was a great character because while meek she was also strong, Devin was an awesome character because
Eva Millien
Sep 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
The first book in the Caedmon Wolves series has a unique twist to the shapeshifter world.

Tamara is a human woman on the run and is rescued by Devin, who takes her someplace safe. The romance between the two slowly builds even though there is a strong attraction. The author has done a great job of conveying the emotions of the characters of this story and the reader becomes bewitched by the characters as soon as the story begins.
The suspense builds as Devin has to return to his pack to stop his
OOSA
Feb 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Second Chances

Tamara is involved in an abusive relationship and is looking for a way out. All of her attempts have failed, but this particular night, she has a great plan. Just as things are getting started, something goes wrong. Frantically thinking, she jumps from a window to her escape. While dragging herself to safety, she comes face to face with an even bigger problem. Will she get the freedom she's worked so hard to achieve?

This was my first read by Ambrielle Kirk. This was different. I no
Meiwilli
Sep 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Pretty interesting. I might have to continue on to book two. This one ends but doesn't really resolve any issues that it started. Which was probably the clever author's intention to keep us reading the series! I liked Devin and Tamara as a couple, as much a couple as you can be in a week, but kinda felt like their relationship was a bit glossed over. On my Were Scale of Hotness, 3 stars.
AngelRR
Oct 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
OMG! The hero in this book was to die for. There were 1 or 2 sex scenes that were smoking HOT! The ending wrapped up rather nicely, but the author hints at a second book that I want NOW
Tia
Dec 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
It felt like the novel was cut very short. I could of enjoyed it more if there was more of a story between Devin and Tamara, however there wasn't much there at all!
Vanae
Nov 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: killing-time
It was an okay book. Good for when you're on the go, or need to kill some time. It's a short read less than 90 pages on Nook, so everything is fast paced. All in all it was ok.
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
Review to post at The Guilty Kitty!!!!!
Deloris
Nov 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Cute story .
raeneysa
to me this read was mildly mellow, I must say the author could have darken the villain character.
Kate Manning
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: challenge
SHORT STORY BUT SOMETIMES THE FEW CAN SAY ALOT
Deborah Yunevich
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wolves are great

Devin and Tamara are a great couple, each dealing with their own issues. For Devin it is rejection and Tamara abuse, but their attraction overcomes all. I look toward to finding out more in this series
donna
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Start to a good series

Can't wait to read the rest of this series to see what happens with the Caedmon Wolf pack. Will they overcome all the tragedy that has happened & become a stronger pack?
Yvonne Daniels
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
a Magnificent Read

This is a spectacular start to a awesome series. I enjoyed the characters they are engaging and exciting to read. The story is full of drama and suspense, it will keep you turning the pages until you finished.
Kimberly
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good book

I love reading shifter books. This book really caught my interest and I couldn't put it down. There was a fresh spin on the shifter world that I enjoyed reading.
Katherine
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm just not that into this one. I have pushed pause and maybe I will get back to it. Too many books in my TBR list to struggle to finish something. I will just try it again later.
vicki carnicle
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Good reading

Really like reading the story and the wolf character was very interesting and the girl character was great to read to end
  • Taken By Moonlight (Moonlight, #1)
  • Prey (Pride Riders #1)
  • Bear's Gold (Erotic Shifter Fairy Tales, #1)
  • Theirs to Claim (Claimed, #1)
  • Army Beasts (Army Beasts #1)
  • Laid Bear (Urban Fairytales, #2)
  • Love Revealed (The Market #1)
  • Risk Is A Four-Letter Word (Four-Letter Word #1)
  • Wild, Wild Mess:Atlanta
  • Malice Striker (Viking Vengeance, #1)
  • Fangs, Fur and Mistletoe (Mystic Isle, #1)
  • Stripped Bear
  • A Tiger's Claim (Ashwood Falls, #1)
  • My Mate's Embrace (Siberian Volkov Pack, #3)
  • On Thin Ice (Ariel Estates #1)
  • Her Viking Wolf: 50 Loving States, Colorado (50 Loving States, #3)
  • Taming the Scotsman
USA Today bestselling author Ambrielle Kirk writes diverse, edgy and seductive romance in several sub-genres under multiple pen names (both published and unpublished).

Visit her on the web at booksbyambrielle.com or amberellabooks.com.

Caedmon Wolves (10 books)
  • Wolf's Promise (Caedmon Wolves, #2)
  • Wolf's Touch (Caedmon Wolves, #3)
  • Wolf's Desire   (Caedmon Wolves #4)
  • Wolf's Strength (Caedmon Wolves, #5)
  • Wolf's Honor (Caedmon Wolves, #6)
  • Wolf's Temptation (Caedmon Wolves #7)
  • More Wicked Alphas, Wild Nights
  • Wolf's Kingdom: (COBRA Coalition) (Caedmon Wolves Book 8)
  • Mate and Kingdom: (Caedmon Wolves) (COBRA Coalition Book 2)
“They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.  ~ Edgar Allan Poe” 1 likes