Start by marking “Extracted (The Lost Imperials, #1)” as Want to Read:
Extracted (The Lost Imperials, #1)

Extracted

(The Lost Imperials #1)

Welcome to the war.

The Tesla Institute is a premier academy that trains young time travelers called Rifters. Created by Nicola Tesla, the Institute seeks special individuals who can help preserve the time stream against those who try to alter it.

The Hollows is a rogue band of Rifters who tear through time with little care for the consequences. Armed with their own group of
Published November 12th 2013 by Spencer Hill Press

Tyler Jolley
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This book is AMAZING. How do I know? I co-wrote it, that's how!
Sherry Ficklin
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Of course, this is MY book, so I think it's amazing! I hope you all agree!
☕️Kimberly
Sep 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Time travel, steampunk, Rifters, and fixed points in time! It’s enough to make this Whovian* drool. These are the reasons I agreed to read Extracted the first book of The Lost Imperials series by Sherry D. Ficklin and Tyler Jolley. Gads, this was delightful, and I quickly became caught up in the action and characters. Mini review: original, fast-paced and an excellent start to an exciting new series with limitless possibilities.

The tale is told in dual prospective. Lex and Ember are rifters.
Mitticus
+Digital copy gently provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review+

Even though I love the steampunk-art style, to tell the truth, I am not a big fan of steampunk novels. But, the 'time-travel' thing get my attention in this case.

“The time stream is a very unique organism. Every time that exists in the past, present, and future, and every event in it, has a unique frequency.”

This book contain many action scenes, between two groups. The goal? Ah, that's the problem: I have no clue. Basica
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Jun 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
By the time I picked this one up I was so ready for something different and fun and filled with steampunk. It has been way too long since I have read a good steampunk novel that I was seriously starting to have withdrawals.

I found something to ease my craving and more in Extracted. Jolley and Ficklin really are a dynamic duo. Throw in the steampunk factor and add in some time traveling along with some historic details and you have one heck of a ride that you won't want to get off from.

Jolley an
Renee Collins
Oct 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A fun, exciting read! I was completely drawn in by the fascinating and unique steampunk world of EXTRACTED. From the cool gadgets, to the interesting and endearing cast of characters. Plus, there's time travel! And romance! What more could you ask for, right?

The plot is fast paced and action-packed, filled with twists and turns. I was hooked all the way through to the pulse-pounding conclusion. Such a unique concept! I can't say more without giving away spoilers.

Put this one on your TBR pile. I
J.A. Belfield
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
To be honest, I wasn’t 100% sure what expect from Extracted by Sherry D. Ficklin & Tyler Jolley, as I could clearly see from the cover that it contains elements of steampunk, and the most experience I’d had with steampunk was from reading Something Strange and Deadly, so I headed into it pretty blind. And reluctantly so.
I say reluctantly, because it also had vibes of sci-fi and fantasy, with its promise of time-travel, and if you know me, then you know sci-fi is something I run away from (fa
 ⇝LEAH⇜
Thoroughly likable characters benefit this moderately sketchy steampunk time-travel series...

Book Title: Extracted

Flow: 2/5
Backdrop (World Buildin
Belkis
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Belkis by: Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
Shelves: favorites
Wow I didn't know what to expect form this book. All I knew was that I'd been wanting to read it since before it's release. The book blurb and bookcover were just so intriguing and made it sound like something up my literary alley and boy was it ever! Loved the fact that it mixed the mystery of the Romanov family, time travel/paradoxes, and steampunk elements. Such an interesting story! Can't wait to find out what happens next. Need book 2 ASAP!
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
Best book I have read ALL YEAR! If I could give it more than 5 stars, I totally would. I wish I could. True story. So much so, I'm not even sure of where to start my review. So first I'll start by thanking Spencer Hill Press for providing me with an early copy (uncorrected proof) of this book at BEA. This was the one I was most excited to get, so I got on line right away! Receiving this book for free has in no way influenced my opinion or review.

Blurb from Goodreads:
Welcome to the war.
The Tesla
~Tina~
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it

Once in awhile a book will come along and completely blow me away. I don't even know where to begin. I've read my share of sci-fi books before, but this is the stuff that makes my reading escape an entertaining and solid experience. Ficklin and Jolley are bright new voices in science fiction genre with their explosive novel, Extracted!

First off, I have to applaud the writing here. Ficklin and Jolley gotz skills. You would never know this was co-written by two different authors. Chapter
Jessica
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 time-bending stars!

‘Extracted’ is the first in a series of steampunk time-travel novels; the best I’ve ever read!

Authors Ficklin and Jolley seamlessly integrate steampunk inventions, clothing, and accessories into a clear to follow and fast-paced plot. The main characters and their significant others are developed and complex. It was a joy to read such fleshed out characters, to understand their motivations and to agree with their thoughts completely.

‘Extracted’ is told through the duel point
Lisa
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to post a review everywhere when it gets closer to release date--but I'm telling you... this book is awesome! One of my best reads this summer. Oh--and no, I'm not biased just because I designed the cover. It's really that good!

Follow-up That time is here! EXTRACTED came out today, and in honor of that auspicious event, here is the rest of my review:

This book is action-packed, incredibly imaginative and reads like a screen play. Basically, I could not put it down, and every time I trie
Tracy
Aug 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Tracy by: Brooke
Time travel requires a lot of concentration from me. I tend to get lost in the worlds and times that these people travel and I suspect that if I were to travel this way I would end up in a space suit with dinosaurs running around. That being said, I have read a few time travel stories and have really enjoyed them. This is one of those.

I can't really explain the happenings in this book because like I said it requires a lot of concentration and I would only end up confusing you instead of giving
Shelley
*Source* NetGalley
*Genre* Historical, Steampunk, Science Fiction
*Rating* 4.0

*MY Thoughts*

Extracted is the first installment in co-authors Sherry Ficklin & Tyler Folley's The Lost Imperials series. Extracted is a story that is being re-released by Clean Team Publishing with additional material. It is a story that has all my favorite elements; Steampunk, Time Travel, Science Fiction, and Alternative History with historical figures. Extracted alternates narratives between two individuals who ar
Ben Babcock
Extracted was originally published a few years ago, but this edition is apparently “expanded” and contains “bonus material”. I don’t know about that, but I do know that I had never heard of this series until now, and that makes me sad. I’m glad that I got a copy of this to review through NetGalley, because Sherry D. Ficklin and Tyler Jolley have written some fun and original time travel here.

The setup is easy to explain and quite exciting: the two protagonists belong to two competing factions of
Michelle Pickett
I was so excited to get my copy of “Extracted!” I couldn’t wait to delve into the world Sherry and Tyler created. And what a world it is! The world building in the book is incredible, so imaginative. Of course, knowing the authors, I expected no less. But I still wasn’t prepared for how involved it was. I felt like I was transported to different worlds with Lex and Ember.

The characters, though, were what I was really interested in. I was anxious to see how Sherry and Tyler’s writing combined int
Ellen
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Extracted is one of those novels that will leave you on the edge of your seating, turning the pages in anticipation of what wonderful things you'll find on the next page. The book centers around time time travelers called Rifters. The main characters are Lex and Ember and the story is told from both their points of view with Ficklin writing Ember's character and Jolley writing Lex's. Both the authors did an excellent job in writing their characters and bringing the story together. I loved Lex's ...more
Beth
Jun 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Extracted had an interesting, Telsa based, steampunk and time travel plot.

There are two fractions of time traveling teenagers that purpose for traveling seem to be at odds. Secret plots, hidden agendas and deceptions abound as these teens traverse an ever changing world.

The premise was exactly what I love to read, but something fell short for me in the world building and characters and I just could not connect to this story.

Written by: Sherry D. Ficklin
Series: The Lost Imperials
Sequence in Se
Erika
Mar 12, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
You had me at time travelers and time war.
description

As soon as I saw those words I thought Doctor Who. I've been waiting for something like this.

Please be awesome.
Dvora
May 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Dvora by: Sherry Ficklin
I really enjoyed reading this book! The only problem is that I personally have difficulty with time travel books, I get confused easily. That being said, my heart was ripped out of my body at one particular part and just when I thought things were going to be OK, it happened all over again. I was so emotional I couldn't believe how invested my feelings became a part of this book. Amazing story, different than I have ever read before. I can't wait to read the second book!!!
Judith Graves
Brother and sister bound to opposing factions, each fighting to preserve the balance of time - talk about sibling rivalry. But as Lex and Ember unearth the origins of their respective leaders they are forced to decide where their true loyalties lie. Authors, Ficklin and Jolley, have hammered out a clockwork tale filled with mystery, action, and alternate history. Once the gears of this book lock you into place, prepare to be EXTRACTED from the here and now, and thrust into a daring new world.
Alexandra
Aug 10, 2014 marked it as looks-interesting-maybe-read
Deleted prologue scene available to read free on author's website,

Brigid ✩
May 14, 2013 marked it as to-read
Oh man, this sounds really badass.
Harshini  Ramanujam
Nov 06, 2012 marked it as to-read
ARGHH!!!! Did I see Nicola Tesla!!!????? I NEED this book!!
Sarah ❤
Oct 13, 2013 marked it as to-read
I met the author of this book at New York Comic Con and I can't wait to read it!
Gaby
Oct 30, 2013 rated it really liked it

First I have to start by saying that ever since I heard about this book and I when I saw the cover (isn’t it gorgeous?) I knew I had to read it, it sounded really great! I haven’t read much steampunk related books but still that genre seems so appealing and fascinating to me, and also, I quite like the idea of time traveling so yeah all these elements made me wanted to read it even more. And now that I have read it, let me tell you it went beyond the expectations I had, it’s an amazing
Amy Fournier
Aug 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, own, blog-tour-2013
*Actual rating 3.5 stars.

As you all know, I am always worried when reading a book about time travel. It can get confusing and lose me pretty easily. If they get too much into the science aspect, I feel like I am back in school again. Luckily, this one didn't lose me... completely. There are two different methods of time travel in this, so there was a bit of confusion at some points. I was able to grasp it all eventually though, so it didn't ruin my enjoyment of this at all. It was also full of
Yael Itamar
Aug 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I had a lot of fun reading this book. It combines steampunk, time travel, and a fast-moving plot. I highly recommend it for people who enjoy science fiction, alternate history, gadgets, action, and snappy dialogue.

As for the characters: Upon first read, it was hard to see them beyond their role in the story and their immediate relationships to each other (friend, sibling, boyfriend/girlfriend). But when I flipped through it a second time, I noticed many more personal details that really made the
Haven Angel
Oct 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
  • Whisper Falls (Whisper Falls, #1)
  • Finn Finnegan (The Adventures of Finn MacCullen, #1)
  • Amarok
  • Breaking Glass
  • Butterman (Time) Travel, Inc. (Butterman Travel series #1)
  • Triangles (Bermuda Triangle, #1)
  • Rematch (Vortex, #1)
  • Steel Lily (Periodic, #1)
  • Blood Bound
  • Treasure, Darkly (Treasure Chronicles #1)
  • The Incredible Charlotte Sycamore (Charlotte Sycamore, #1)
  • Perfection (Perfection, #1)
  • Stalked by Death (Touch of Death, #2)
  • Colonization (Paradise Reclaimed, #1)
  • Soulmate (Ganzfield, #6)
  • Shadows Gray (Shadows #1)
  • Adela Arthur and the Creator's Clock (The Chronicles of A, #1)
  • The Dark Victorian: Risen Volume One
**To get the latest info on new releases and to enter our monthly giveaways be sure to sign up for my newsletter over at http://sherryficklin.com/newsletter **

Sherry is the author of over a dozen novels for teens and young adults including the best selling Stolen Empire series. She can often be found browsing her local bookstore with a large white hot chocolate in one hand and a towering stack of

The Lost Imperials (4 books)
  • Prodigal (The Lost Imperials, #2)
  • Riven (The Lost Imperials, #3)
  • Absolution (The Lost Imperials, #4)