Start by marking “The Brotherhood of Olympus and the Deadliest Game (Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Brotherhood of Olympus and the Deadliest Game (Book 1)

The Brotherhood of Olympus and the Deadliest Game (Book 1)

The Brotherhood of Olympus and the Deadliest Game, is the first of a series of young adult horror/fantasy novels that tells the story of Drake Frasier, a painfully shy, intellectually gifted 13 year old boy growing up in Aberdeen, Washington.
On a cold, gray Friday the thirteenth, his favorite uncle is killed in a horrible car collision with a logging truck. Drake's life
Published September 26th 2012 by Mythic Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Brotherhood of Olympus and the Deadliest Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Brotherhood of Olympus and the Deadliest Game

Start your review of The Brotherhood of Olympus and the Deadliest Game (Book 1)
Taylor Simpson
Oct 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Simply an amazing read. Guy T. Simpson, Jr crafts a story that pulls you along in an adventure. With believable characters that add color to the grim plot of the novel you find yourself wanting more and more. Good news to readers that this is book one of a series so we will get more.
Dianne
The five Fraiser brothers have just faced the sudden loss of their Uncle Wally when he was killed in an automobile accident. There was something special about Wally, and not just that he was like another brother to the boys, in fact, there are several ‘special’ people in the family who claim to have mysterious gifts. As each brother deals differently with Wally’s death, they find a common ground in seeking the truth about the accident. The boys turn to a ‘Spirit Board’ (think Ouiji Board)to ...more
Hollyberry
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
I have to start off saying that I loved this book! It was so refreshing to read a book from a male point of view, and particularily a younger male, you don't see it that often enough.

Drake is 13 years old and has only brothers in the family, and they arre very close to their Uncle as well as he is the same age as the older brothers, so they have grown up together. There is a tragedy that hits the family very hard, and everyone seems to be drifting apart trying to grieve in their own separate
Karen Hart
Oct 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Simpson's vivid art and intricate storytelling may leave you with a frightening new answer as to why the good die young — or to getting rid of that board game, the one your grandmother warned you about. Then again, if you have four siblings bonded to you with psychic blood and the ghost of a dead uncle to guide you through the demon-filled corridors of hell, you might risk playing it.
Alisa
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.
This book was amazingly good. I feel like this book could turn in to a very epic and sweeping series if the author chooses to continue with this story. The story line is very intricate but not overwhelmingly so and the characters are so well written that you are drawn in to the story in a way where you feel the ups and downs that they all experience.
This book is a true good versus evil story. The five Frasier boys have heard whisperings
Heather
Nov 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
(This review can be found on my blog at The (Mis)Adventures of a Twenty-Something Year Old Girl).

I really, really thought the synopsis of The Brotherhood of Olympus and the Deadliest Game by Guy T. Simpson Jr. sounded very interesting. This was a book that I knew I would have to read. Luckily, I was able to read it, and it was very interesting!

The Fraiser boys lose their favourite uncle in car crash on Friday the thirteenth. After the accident, weird things start happening so the boys consult a
Christine H
Nov 23, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a story about five brothers who have always been close, but who find themselves drifting apart. The sudden and tragic death of their uncle, Wally, who was an integral and beloved part of their family, is the catalyst for the brothers discovering latent aspects of themselves that are both unbelievable and unwelcome. The brothers must band together, however, as the fate of the world rests in their hands.

The blurb on the back of the book makes the plot seem less complicated than it
Miranda Fink
Oct 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I won this book on one of the Goodreads giveaways. The book was interesting to say the least.

I enjoyed the illustrations by the author at the beginning of each chapter. It added a nice personal touch to the book. The book is full of twists and turns and is not predictable at all.

You can definitely tell the book is the first book in the saga as the majority of the book is developing the main characters, which make up the Brotherhood of Olympus. It was a little slow in some parts as the characters

Brent Butler
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
The author has good story ideas, but the technical side of his writing needs a lot of work. There are run-on sentences, and sentences that need pruning to achieve better clarity. And sorry, when I see a basic grammatical error in the third sentence, that tips me off that the material did not receive satisfactory proof-reading or editing.

Some authors object to criticisms of sentence structure and grammar concerns, feeling that the story is more important than the details of relating it. That is
Teri
Mar 26, 2013 rated it liked it
I've always been a fan of supernatural stories and enjoyed the supernatural and mythologic blend in this story - that's what initially made me want to read this book. The dynamics between the five brothers were very believable and gave me some laughs, as did the relationship between Drake and Rachel. The action at the climax of the story was exciting and kept me interested. Although I enjoyed the story overall, I think this book could be improved with further editing to become a more cohesive ...more
Catherine
Nov 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
I liked the realistic part of the book. It was well written and without any break in the action. Maybe a bit too much descriptions. The overall story is very good but I did not get in it enough to wait impatiently for the second book.
Calli
Nov 22, 2012 marked it as to-read
This book takes place in Aberdeen, WA! Must read a book so close to home.
Raesimpson
Oct 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have read the story 3 times now and each time I find something that I missed the time before. I enjoy it more and more, have really connected with the characters and cannot wait for the next book!
Sarah Moody
Apr 08, 2014
Rebecca Latham
Jun 23, 2014
Nicholas Byers
Nov 22, 2012
Guy Jr.
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Sasha