Start by marking “Murder, She Rode (Tink Elledge #1)” as Want to Read:
Murder, She Rode (Tink Elledge #1)

Murder, She Rode (Tink Elledge #1)

3.13  ·  Rating details ·  60 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
A sharply observed and engaging debut introducing Tink Elledge, a compelling new amateur sleuth who takes readers behind the scenes into the rituals and intrigue of a three-day equestrian competition

A former world-class rider and an adept horse trainer, Tink Elledge is a woman with a mission: to see her prized horse take home the victory at the prestigious Brandywine Three
Published August 13th 2013 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about Murder, She Rode, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder, She Rode

Ann
Mar 08, 2013 rated it liked it
I really wanted to like this debut mystery by Holly Menino. The title is clever and unlike stories that add horses for color, this mystery has everything to do with the horses. Menino really knows her subject having been involved with horses all her life as well as having written three acclaimed nonfiction books on the topic according to the book jacket.

Right from the beginning I often found myself confused about details and characters having to re-read sections to be sure what was going on. It
Beth Gosser
Nov 23, 2013 rated it did not like it
it started out good but the main character was nothing but a whiny character didn't like it at all
Kathleen
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Holly Menino’s book Murder, She Rode, is one of those books where, when you get done you put it down and say Wow—what a ride! The author has created an exhilarating plot with a unique ending.

The book begins with horse owner, Tink Elledge, coming upon the wreck of a neighbor’s horse van, chillingly described. Soon afterwards, while preparing her horse and its rider for a big three-day event, Tink discovers that the opening scene wasn’t an accident but possibly murder. This gets her to start inqu
Kaye
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Former world-class rider and adept trainer Tink Elledge struggles with the reality that after an accident leaving her with neurological problems, she may not be able to ride competitively again. Since her talented young colt Exit Laughing is entered in the Brandywine Three-Day Event, she has to let another rider compete with him. It's hard enough getting used to being a spectator, but before the event even starts, an accident on the road kills a respected trainer and a talented colt and a young ...more
Jess
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
My boyfriend's mother got this for me at the library sale because I love horses and because she's infected me with a taste for murder mysteries. It was very appreciated, especially as fun airplane reading and a nice escape from the mental exhaustion of lots of work + settling into a new city + trying to learn French.

Like I always do, I got caught up in wanting to know what happens. Finding out is fun, but ultimately, this was a little too half-baked and improbable, plot-wise. There was just som
Susan
Dec 11, 2013 rated it liked it
All Tink Elledge cares about are her (third) husband Charlie, her stepson Stephen and her horses. An accident has forced her to give up event riding, temporarily at least, but Stephen's girlfriend will ride Tink's prize horse instead. Then the stable girl at the next farm disappears, right after she's involved in an accident that's fatal to the driver, and also the horse they were transporting. Tink can't ride, but she can snoop, leading to predictably dangerous consequences. If you like horses, ...more
Rena Sherwood
I want the hours of my life back spent in reading this book. It's tedious, gruesome and, despite the title and the reviews on the back cover, not funny AT ALL. Tink Elledge and her over-controlling husband are unsympathetic characters. The beginning scenes are a rip-off from "The Horse Whisperer." Too many details and too much to swallow for so short a mystery.
Cathy
Feb 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Was low on books and brought this home from the library. It was an OK read. I think the author expected readers to know more about horse shows than the average reader would.

I think the plot was too far off from the story but maybe it was just me. Too many people were murdered in the book too. Just wiping out the whole community, really.
Lance Wright
This mystery, which has at its center a three-day horse show event, introduces good characters, ones that readers will want to get to know better, participating in a rather lackluster investigation that takes its time getting started, though admittedly ends on an exciting note.
Catherine Woodman
This is a bit on the lighter side of the murder mystery genre--good horse content, if you are feeling like there needs to be another Dick Francis out there then this would be a reasonable book to read. Tink is a likeable heroine, and the story was reasonably well constructed.
Leslie Angel
Sep 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
just a fun, horsey ride.
Michelle
Sep 02, 2013 rated it liked it
OK-easy read. I selected more for my interest in eventing than the fact it was a mystery.
Caren
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the descriptions of eventing and competition, and thought they were very accurate. Good mystery story that had me guessing up until the end.
Cynthia W
Nancy Rojo
Jun 30, 2017
Rachel Chalmers
Jul 09, 2014
HOLLY MENINO grew up in a small Ohio college town, where her passionate interest in animals showed itself by age three, about ten years before she heard the calling to become a writer. A graduate of Smith College, she has worked in both scholarly and popular publishing. She now lives on a farm in the Finger Lakes region of New York and publishes both fiction and nonfiction.
More about Holly Menino

Tink Elledge (2 books)
  • A Distance to Death (Tink Elledge #2)