Start by marking “Ambushing Ariel (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #4)” as Want to Read:
Ambushing Ariel (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #4)

Ambushing Ariel

(Dragon Lords Of Valdier #4)

Ariel Hamm has always had a tender heart. Her love for her sister, Carmen, and her best friend, Trisha, has always been a priority in her life. But at twenty-eight, she is ready to start focusing on what she wants. After her fiancée unexpectedly ends their engagement, she is searching to redefine who she really is. A pilot for Boswell International, she knows flying is not ...more
Published September 2012 by Montana Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Ambushing Ariel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ambushing Ariel

Start your review of Ambushing Ariel (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #4)
Sammy Loves Books
***2 "I really don't like this heroine" stars

I had to make myself finish this one. Ariel got on my very last nerves!

Ariel loves animals. All animals...so much so that she brings them home and sleeps with them in her bed.

My only problem is that Ariel was just like Carra from book 2 of this series. She was so self absorbed that she had no regard for other people's property. She would bring in dozens of animals and allow them to wreak havoc on the furniture. I hate a selfish heroine! But all of tha
Alaina
I made it to book 4 and I would like to thank all the wine I started to drink while diving into this series. It either helped influence me into liking someone or something.. or be completely and utterly annoyed.

If you thought Ambushing Ariel would go to the beat of it's own drum instead of following the band.. you'd be wrong. Yet again, I'm getting the same scenes from the previous books and I'm about to throw my damn phone out the window and hoping it dies. Forever.

Ariel was an okay character b
Jonel
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kobo
Smith returns to Valdier with another fast paced, action packed, romantically thrilling novel that took me to a completely different world. There were definitely more than a few ‘giggle-snort’ moments throughout this novel. The characters and the action all come together in such a unique manner that the realism bounds from the page as I felt as if I were on Valdier and part of the tale.

The male/female dynamics (and numbers) on Valdier were fascinating. The way that Smith develops this gave me a
Emerald
Tam
Oct 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read this fairly fast. It was a page turner for me and a fun read. This is book four in the Lords of Valdier series. This story differs dramatically from the first two in that we don't really rehash events that all the women were involved in. They do get mentioned but in the first two books you had a lot of repeated scenes from a different view point, but here there is very little of that.

I liked Ariel. However, I did find her penchant to adopt anything and everything fury a bit much. I unders
Jessica
Tried to finish this one... and failed. It's just not at all my thing. The "dragons" are just obnoxious, indecisive, emotionally stunted aliens that steal human women from earth for mates. Then the human females are just sort of slapped on the page and we're supposed to care about what happens to them. Obviously, I wanted them to escape, but they were so one dimensional that I honestly don't remember any of their names.

And the romance portion of this was more creepy than fun. I definitely won't
Pete
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ambushing Ariel is book 4 in the Dragon Lords of Valdier series, by S. E. Smith , an author I recently became aware of. Sought out more at my library and discovered this one.

From the beginning, I was relating enjoying the critter factor having a similar experience with love of animals with my family. I even raised a boa from a hatched egg retrieved from the zoo.

Again, along came the dragon shifter Mandra who’s dragon was pushing him to find a mate. But, of course, Ariel was reluctant not only
Amber
Mar 26, 2016 rated it did not like it
I...I don't even know how to rate this. The story itself wasn't awful and the writing was competent but the editing was atrocious. Who needs complete sentences? Who needs consistent tenses? What crazy talk this is. And word choices. I don't think those words mean what the author thinks they mean, I *know* they don't. It was RIDICULOUS. I honestly don't understand how people can read this without being jarred. I guess what I'm saying is the storytelling was okay, but the author needs a better pro ...more
Donna
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
O to Have a Valdier Warrior!

Can you hear my sigh? My sighs are inevitable when I come to the end of an S. E. Smith Valdier Dragon novel. If you haven't explored the worlds of Smith's dragon warriors, do yourself a favor and escape these anxious times by leaping into this fun, exciting, sexy series. Strong women, gentle, loving, fierce alpha males and adventures. Prepare to sigh!
BookWormAli
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gotta love Dragons and Symbiots. Add in a fulfilled prophecy and a girl who can kick ass and have a soft heart I am sold!!

S E Smith is my sci-fi fix this week. I love the different worlds she ahs created and the way the women put the men through the wringer. I also love that the men while Alpha and bad in their own way are marshmallows for their mates.

Malinda
3.5-4 stars

This was a pretty good story. I liked Ariel and Mandra and their story was pretty enjoyable.

Ariel is a pilot that works for a private airline that developes new airplanes. Ariel grew up with her sister, Carmen, and Trisha (who's like a sister) and they're all still very close. Ariel used to be in the military but what she always wanted to do was to be a vet because she loves finding animals that need help and helping them.

Mandra is a dragon shifter from an alien planet. His older bro
April
There are some who may not like the recaps of the beginning scenes, I love them. You get to see events over again with new eyes. Each of the characters has a very unique take on the events. This book does jump things forward a touch. I adore all these stories and seeing how they interlock. It is great seeing things come together and finding out what couples were together when events occurred. You also have that timeline to follow, so you anticipate things to come.

I really liked animal lover Arie
Rebecca
Oct 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really do like the story plot of this series. The only problem that I have with this book and the others in the series is the way the main girl, Ariel, in this book, is shone as one being able to take on these huge alien guys by beating them senseless or causing great pain to them. What I mean is that the woman is always protrayed as a tiny earthling BUT she is able to beat up several alien men at one time and put them all in the hospital and she escapes without a scratch. I know the story is ...more
Coyora Dokusho
It was alright!

I was going to do this detailed instruction manual of what incredibly complicated order to read the books in, but life is too short! Basically, I read books 2-5 at the same time, skipping between them at points of intersection of the books! Because! Spoilers! Ye flippin' gods the spoilers between books. And it irritated me. I had to keep going to the next book (books 6 to... 9?) because the previous book was spoiling. I skipped the sex scenes. I started reading the series because
annette colon
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ariel gets Mandra right between the eyes

All Ariel wanted to do was open an animal shelter and take care of wounded animals. Little did she know that the adventure of a lifetime was only a galaxy away. Mandra was waiting to greet his brother and his mate Abby when he met his mate Ariel. Nothing says loving like getting your butt kicked, nose broke, knocked unconscious and your balls kicked into outer space.
Ariel is determined to get one thing straight with Mandra, she is not the little woman in
Gmc
Ambushing Ariel - Dragon Lords of Valdier, Bk 4 by S. E. Smith

Ariel Hamm test pilot for Boswell International, Has decided to go home to Wyoming to build a clinic and home for neglected and abused animals.

Mandra Reykill is on earth to rescue his injured brother. When the totally unexpected happens, he meets his true mate but she is not having any of that, or him either and his warship -- suddenly infested with creatures from all over the galaxy that are just as taken with his mate as his dragon
Debbie
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
This series just keeps getting better.
The action and comedy is outstanding. The main characters in each book go back to the beginning of the series but its done in such a way its not boring or too repetitive that it puts you off. Then they branch out into the individual story lines but never deviating from the original story. That being the abductions, the matings and the bad uncle who is trying to destroy the royal family so he can rule.
Next is the last of the original 5, Carmen and the last of
Madeleine
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
This series is a must read

Simply love the chemistry between Ariel and Mantra. She drives him batty with all the creatures that she rescues. Poor Mantra doesn't know which way is up anymore Ariel has him thighed up in knots...But Ariel goes missing will Mantra be able to though the shield keeping him out from rescuing Ariel..
Courtney
Dec 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
Ok, I know that this was a book about alien dragon shifters, but even compared to other dragon shifter/alien-esque books...
description

Seriously, the whole thing is just ridiculous. First of all, you have a group of women traveling through space with a bunch of dragon shifter WARRIORS, and the ladies are able to beat them up every day. Like they're undercover Navy Seals or something.

description

They flip them over their shoulders, break their noses, send them to the infirmary even though they have magical symbionts th
Melanie S
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dragon mates needed; uppity women preferred

Fans of S.E. Smith’s Dragon Lords of Valdier series will enjoy the heck outta this book. Mondra the Valdier dragon prince, and his symbiot, AND his dragon all want Ariel. Badass ex-soldier, animal-loving vegetarian Ariel does not reciprocate. Her newly-born inner dragon votes with the majority, and the long lusty story of Ariel’s short-lived holdout is the meat of the book. It’s good, really good - imaginative, very sexy, sometimes droll, and always ent
Elena
May 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
So...I said never again but was encouraged to give the series one last try. Surprisingly, I didn't actually hate this one as much as I did #2 and #3. There wasn't nearly as much cut and pasting as there were in her previous books which was a relief. However....there will still some of the same issues with this book as with the others.

Why?! Will someone please tell me why this author insists on writing these dragons like spoiled 2 year olds that can only scream, MINE, until they get their way?!
Chantelle Bouffanie
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Incredible! This is the fourth book in the Dragon Lords of Valdier series. I had the audio version of this one. I love to read/listen to S.E. Smith stories. This is Ariel and Mandra story. Ariel is a vegan and an animal lover of all kinds. Mandra is another of Zoran's brother. Mandra is slightly OCD with his living space. Ariel has all kinds of creatures in his living quarters. This is full of humor, action and adventure, and sentimentality. You will laugh out loud as you are drawn into this wor ...more
Kristen Lewendon
Apr 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Finally we get to see, not only from a new perspective, but also some new events. I have to admit that I was getting very tired of re-reading the truck chase when Abby was kidnapped from the plane. For the most part, I like both Ariel and Mandra, they seem like they’ll be a good pairing together. However, I’m frustrated by how childish and selfish they both act on so many occasions. I’m still interested in learning more about the political intrigues that swirl about them so I know there’s more r ...more
JodyL
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ariel has been a lover of animals since an early age. She claimed that they all needed her to take care of them, even skunks and snakes. So when she got taken by the Valdier and found out that they had animals on board that were going to be eaten, she stole them all and put them in her cabin on board the ship.
Mandra  has been craving a mate. When the humans were transported onto the planet and he saw Ariel he knew she was his. Even when she hurt him repeatedly by breaking his nose and even knock
Marythios (AkaSusanne )
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
In this book we meet Ariel who happens to be a lover of pets. She will adopt anything and you find out her living quarters are full with critters including her sleeping area. Ariel is a likable character there are some minor repeat themes but this story felt a little more fresh even though Ariel's pet rescuing is extreme it still has you turning the pages. Ariel was in no rush to get matted. In comes Mandra and they do eventually overcome some obstacles to become matted. It is a fast read and en ...more
Vivien
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Good book especially the chaos she creates when she tends & protects creatures that she finds & her excitement on being on the spaceport.
I don't know why men can't tell the women what is going, if they did all they wouldn't have to deal with the females anger/annoyance all the time but they are so stupid to think all women are dumb. The dumb ones are the ones who don't see the women as equals or intelligent.
Ellena deLeon
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was artfully crafted and uniquely designed for pure reading pleasure of the reader!

When you get this particular book and series for your own personal library, you'll find yourself enchanted, riveted and endlessly entertained by the twists and turns that will have you transported to another world where anything is possible and true love triumphs over all!

One of Your Greatest Fans,

Lena deLeon
lenadeleon2004.ld@gmail.com
Betty
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shushing Ariel (Dragon Lords of Glacier Book 4) by S.E.Smith

Absolutely beautiful addition to the series and another amazing storyline with bigger than life characters and their wonderfully written love story. You're going to absolutely fall in love with her fantastic series. So get them all so u can enjoy them over and over again like I have!!!!!!🌹

Lynn Smith
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ambushing Ariel

Mandra has had enough of Earth women. Even though one was his mate. She had felt him enough pain. Ariel thought it was bad enough being kidnapped but the men on Valdier treated them as the weaker sex.
Can't help but fall in love with the characters and the wonderful world you find yourself in with this series.
A Lee
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The way the sisters sound it seems like Ariel is the younger and Carmen is the older. I was laughing so loud with the animals and that he finally accepts her for who she is. What bothers me is the fact that Raffvin isn't destroyed yet? The sex scenes in all these books are amazing and I love the fact that they transform. I can't wait to see what happens next!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Kozav (Dragons of Preor, #3)
  • Ull (Tornians, #4)
  • Taulan (Dragons of Preor, #2)
  • Mated (3013, #1)
  • Rendan (Dragons of Preor, #4)
  • Ivoth (Dragons Of Preor, #7)
  • Alien Savior (Zerconian Warriors, #5)
  • Oryon (Tornians #3.5)
  • Alien Mine (Zerconian Warriors #6)
  • Alien Surgeon’s Seduction (Warriors of the Lathar, #10)
  • Tempting Rever (Zorn Warriors, #3)
  • Sweet Alien Savage (Zerconian Warriors, #4)
  • Berrr's Vow (Zorn Warriors, #4)
  • Alien Lover (Zerconian Warriors, #2)
  • Kidnapping Casey (Zorn Warriors, #2)
  • Wray (Tornians, #2)
  • Alien Paladin's Redemption (Warriors of the Lathar, #13)
  • Alien Mate (Zerconian Warriors, #3)
S.E. Smith is a New York Times (Twin Dragons and Dagger’s Hope) and 15 time USA TODAY Bestselling author of Science Fiction, Urban Fantasy, and Paranormal Romance. She brings action, adventure, and suspense-filled romance stories to transport readers out of this world. Sexy, funny, action-packed—Science fiction, Paranormal, Fantasy, and Contemporary stories with a twist! Discover stories with a he ...more

Dragon Lords Of Valdier (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Abducting Abby (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #1)
  • Capturing Cara (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #2)
  • Tracking Trisha (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #3)
  • Cornering Carmen (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #5)
  • Paul's Pursuit (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #6)
  • Twin Dragons (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #7)
  • Jaguin's Love (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #8)
  • The Old Dragon of the Mountain's Christmas (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #9)
  • Pearl's Dragon (Dragon Lords of Valdier #10)
  • Twin Dragon’s Destiny (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #11)