Start by marking “The Other Fish in the Sea (Grab Your Pole, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Other Fish in the Sea (Grab Your Pole, #2)

The Other Fish in the Sea

(Grab Your Pole #2)

In Shark Bait, readers everywhere met and fell in love with the new girl, Camie Ramsey, and swooned over her sure to be future husband, Tristan Daniels. Now, in The Other Fish in the Sea, the long awaited second installment of the Grab Your Pole series by Jenn Cooksey, Camie and Tristan are back, but so are their friends!

So, find a breathing apparatus and shimmy into your
Published April 23rd 2013 by Jenn Cooksey

To ask other readers questions about The Other Fish in the Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Other Fish in the Sea

Start your review of The Other Fish in the Sea (Grab Your Pole, #2)
Jenn Cooksey
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I know, it hasn't even been published yet, but what can I say? I wrote it and I'm just *certain* everyone will love it as much as I do! (<--- I am nothing if not a narcissistic positive thinker! ;-p) ...more
Christy
Oct 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
4-4.5 Stars

I give you Tristan and Camie...

photo edca649a-a252-4025-8c17-85716ff9dbd5_zps6289fe0d.jpg

photo 5df61966-61eb-4083-8a39-31f6c4a470c0_zpsa852ddd4.jpg

I read Shark Bait last year and I was addicted. Ya at its finest. I absolutely love Jenn Cooksey’s writing, and her characters are the BEST! You will laugh, cry, and laugh so hard you cry! Right now I am too shocked and flabbergasted to write a proper review so here you go...

Some of the highlights:

JILLIAN- Camie’s little sister...The hilarious and devious mastermind. She is one of my favorite characters EVER!
 photo 9bb0975e-e940-4a85-a6bb-0fb6ae8ca584_zps6a5e2347.jpg
Licorice...- Need I say more?
L
 Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog)

Check out my other reviews at Reading Books Like a Boss

Wow, wow, wow! This book blew me out of the water (pun intended). I went through so many emotions, from anger to complete happiness to depression. Just when I got over one bomb, she drops another. How does Jenn Cooksey do this? Well, she's an evil genius. That's how.

Even though I've only read books one and two of the GYP series, I can already tell you without hesitation that this series is one of my ALL-TIME favorites. The characters are
Autumn Review
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc
Words cannot express my love for this series. Last year, the Grab Your Pole Series became one of my top all-time favorite series EVER. It's really hard to write reviews for this series though, because these are the kind of books that you really need to experience. You need to feel them. So, I'll do my best to give a spoiler free review by sharing with you how I felt about The Other Fish in the Sea.

This series has one of the best cast of characters I've ever read. Yes, the overall plot is consum
Kayla
May 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
HOW DARE YOU DO THIS TO ME?
:'( LOL

This is a joint review for Shark Bait and The Other Fish in the Sea.

I have no idea how to properly express just how much I adore everything/everyone in this series, but let me start with the basics:

1.Fluent in sarcasm
"What contest in hell did I win to end up with you?"

2. Constant innuendos

"Hmmm...a smokin' hot guy who's both popular and nice? When I get home I think
Jac (For Love and Books)
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-adored
Jenn Cooksey, I hate you. You are evil! Evil!!!

How can I even review this without a spoiler?!?!? I guess I will try in the morning!!

The Other Fish in the Sea Final 2-27 ***WARNING*** This review isn't really a review at all, it's an open letter to Jenn Cooksey. I tried five times to write a proper review, and just couldn't. You can read my Shark Bait review here, and my "re-review" here if you are interested in actual reviews - or haven't read the series.

***WARNING #2*** This letter WILL contain strong language. If you're easi
Kathe L
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
4,5 stars, I think?

First, let me say that I love being in Goodreads. I am a complete mess right now, and my friends say that after I finish a book I just mumble stuff that doesn't make sense and that only when I write a review I calm down. *breathe Kathe, breathe* And you know what I say to my friends? If you guys ever picked a book, you would understand how invested I get in my characters. *I get mad quite easily when it's about books*

Back to the book:

description

WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THIS END? PLEASE, L
Ali
 photo shovel.png

4.5 Stars

So, I am not going to lie and say this will be an easy review to write. It won't be. This book was somewhat of a roller coaster ride. Sometimes you love it and sometimes you just want to puke your fucking guts out.

Cooksey deceived me quite thoroughly. In Shark Bait, we had a sweet and slightly tumultuous story of young love. Filled with amazing characters and quick whit that all ended as a nice tidy package. Complete with pretty bow. I like pretty bows.

The Other Fish in the Sea brin
JB
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
No. NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOO!!!!!

Really, Jenn Cooksey? THAT is how you end the book? You're just gonna hang me off that cliff without even the tiniest hint or hope of a lifeline? REALLY?

I love your writing & adore the GYP series, but.......ARRRRRRRRGHHHHHH!

**Full review to come later, after I've recovered from the SOUL-CRUSHING WOUNDS I've just been dealt! (yeah, I'm lookin' at you, Jenn Cooksey!)**

Nancy
"You find out who your real friends are when you call and tell ‘em you accidentally killed a hooker and they show up with a shovel and a full tank of gas."

I wanted to love this so bad. I really tried, specially since I was so excited about it.

I feel like people are clearing a path towards the guillotine just for me.

photo tumblr_mj3nfrypa61s4v4pjo1_500_zps4d2aa53b.gif

I waited almost a year for this book to be released and was over the moon the moment it was downloaded to my Kindle.
I mean, I was going to get more Camie, Tristan, Jeff, Ka
Mnemosyne
**********3.9/5**********

WRITING A REVIEW FOR THIS BE LIKE:
YAH

Oh. Yes. I'm giving this one hell of a heart-wrenching novel, ALMOST FOUR STARS. Why? Because this, THIS BOOK The Other Fish in the Sea, is so damn WICKED!.

ME RIGHT NOW TO Jenn Cooksey
H8 u

[image error]

DANGIT!

Anyway, I got some points to dwell on right now. I liked the twists of making us readers guess on whose point of view is used in some chapters. Making us think for some time...

(view spoiler)

WHAT I LIKED:

1. The si
Sharon
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am in deep book like with Camie, Tristan, Kate, Jeff and their amazing parents and other friends but I LOVE Jillian. That sexy evil genius is the heart and soul of this series. It is so hard to review this book without extensive spoilers and this is the kind of book/series you want to read cold. It flows so well and the different POV's increase your understanding of this wonderful group of friends.

I hate a cliffhanger. I usually will down grade books that have frivolous cliffhangers to extend
Jen
Shelves: favorites
This series is fantastic!! I loved that this book had chapters from Jilly, Melissa, and Katy's POV. I normally like the POV changes labeled with a chapter header but I didn't even mind that these chapters were a surprise and you had to figure it out. I liked the mystery and they were easily identifiable.
Even tho Cammie and Tristan are the main characters you become just as involved with the other characters. Jeff and Kate are adorable and I'm dying to see how they handle things in the next book
Kami
I didn't like this one quite as well as the first book but it was still good.

However, that said, there was some confusion when POVs shifted (yes, I know the author forewarned of such an issue but I still felt it was a bit distracting). Most of the time, it wasn't difficult to figure out whose POV was being read but it sometimes made for an odd transition.

Now, I am all for getting to know these characters better because I really like them...ALL of them so far. However, a lot of issues were broug
Debbie
Review originally posted on Keep Calm & Read Romance

4.5 Invisible Nightmare Stars!!!

Ahhhhhhhhh...............Camie, Tristan and the rest of the Grab Your Pole series are back! After reading Shark Bait, I was more than anxious to jump back into the water with these guppies. Even though it's only been a day or two since I read the first book in the series, Shark Bait, I feel like I had been away for far too long. Once again, Jenn Cooksey had me hooked on that fishing pole of hers and I am seri
Erin
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing

*******4.5 stars******

GAH!!!! For the love of all that is holy, WHY???!!!! Ugh, that had to be one of the most painful endings for any series I've ever read, and now I have to sit here and wait for the next book and suffer like the rest of the fans of this series...*sobs in fetal position*

Okay, so what exactly is it about this series, and this sequel, that is so awesome? Well, once again Jenn Cooksey put personality to the max in each and every one of these beloved characters, and I was so blis
Ellen
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc
The Other Fish in the Sea is the second installment in the Grab your Pole Series by Jenn Cooksey. I absolutely fell in love with this series when I read the first book, Shark Bait, in which we came to know and love Camie and Tristan, and their friends. The story continues with The Other Fish in the Sea, which also includes points of view from the other girls in the Grab Your Pole Gang, Melissa, Kate, and my favorite of all, Camie's sister Jillian. I can't tell you how much I came to love these g ...more
April
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Other Fish in the Sea is book two of the Grab Your Pole series. I read Shark Bait, book 1 last summer and I didn't review it.. For shame I know.. I loved it though, I had won it off of my love Jess's blog. So before I dive into my review of TOFITS, I'll give you a 5 sentence review paragraph of Shark Bait.

~~~~~~~When it started out, I was wasn't feeling it much because I felt the Characters might be too young and immature for my liking. My friend Jess adored it so I kept pushing on and befor
Leslie
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What??? Noooooo!! OMG!!! NOOOOOO!!

That is my response to this book, rather the end of this book. I am so mad and upset I don't know what to do. This is when I wish I was not so computer illiterate and could add some of those crazy videos and pictures to my reviews!

I am just so mad I want to slap someone and I don't mean a character, although there are a few I would. No.... right now I have Mrs. Jenn Cooksey in my sight and I don't even like violence. I am in the mood to stalk her and give her my
Anjie Kendall
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-ya
I wasn't fully prepared for this roller coaster ride.

The only problem I really had was that sometimes, with such a huge cast of characters, I had trouble knowing who was speaking.

I sometimes have problems with huge casts, but this one is totally needed. You need the friends you make in this book to hold your hand and assure you that you're going to be ok, and that we'll get through this together. And, I really do hope that me and the GYP gang get through all this together. The characters are wh
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Agh! Why can't I find a fantastic series that is already all published?!?! I'm going to go nuts waiting for book 3. I love that we're getting to know the characters more. I feel like I am part of their group. Love Cammie although a tad irritating at times figure it out with Tristan talk to him!! Can't believe the cliffhanger we were left with. At times I'm a little lost with references to music/movies/ tv but not enough to distract from the story. Also keeping the characters straight for me at t ...more
Kate
HOLY CLIFFHANGER BATMAN! All I have to say is Tristan has some major sucking up to do in the next book! And he darn well better do it! I'm currently crossing my fingers that book 3 will come out early and that there will be a HEA for Tristan and Camie!

*spoiler* I understand he was sexually frustrated at the end but the poor girl was clearly dizzy and drunk. I mean, she couldn't even concentrate on him and he gets mad she told him to stop? Party fowl, Tristan, party fowl!!!

Bring on book 3, the b
Beth
Apr 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"You find out who your real friends are when you call and tell 'em you just accidentally killed a hooker and they show up with a shovel and a full tank of gas..."

Jenn Cooksey--You can call me ANYTIME!

While I read TOFitS:
I laughed.
I cried.
And then I laughed and cried again. And again.
(WAY more laughter than tears, but you get my drift.)

When I finished TOFitS:
I swore like a sailor/Jenn Cooksey.

And I wouldn't change a thing.
(Except maybe more Jillian. I just can't get enough of that girl!)
Amanda (mandy)
May 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, ebook
Ok so the second book in the Grab Your Pole series was even better than the first!

Our little friends definitely had some rough patches (read: cliffhanger). I really love the Ramsey family. They are just a trip. And Jillian is slowly becoming my favorite character. I can't to see what's in store for her (cough* Pete cough*). But what's great about this series you actually love all the characters (except maybe Jeremy) and want them all to have their HEA.

I cannot wait for the next chapter on this s
Erin
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I need a minute to process my love for this book & figure out how to adequately gush while simultaneously screaming, trying to figure out how to piece my poor heart back together and collecting all my tears in a gigantic bucket before I can properly 'review' this without it getting all spoiler-y.

My love for Jenn Cooksey knows no bounds.

Lorelle
I was pretty upset with the cliffhanger ending, especially because I had such faith in Tristan.

Here I am several days later, and I'm still obsessing over the ending of this. I hope the next book comes out sooner than later.
Kellie Maddox-Ward
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it

I freaking heart this crazy bunch of kids sooo much!

And I loved loved all the girls POV's!
Jillian is becoming my favourite...

Ok so "the girls" the cats are freaking cute, but yeah Jillian wins!

but be warned this one ends in one hell of a cliffhanger!
Cheris
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cassandra
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!! I'm so pissed off right now. I want to strangle Tristan. The next book needs to come out like right now. ...more
Beth
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favies
Ugh! That ending. Curse you Jenn Cooksey and your wicked, wicked ways!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The ending Breakup? 3 53 Jun 18, 2013 03:58PM

• The Bad Boy and The Tomboy (Wattpad Original Edition)
  • The Inheritance Games (The Inheritance Games, #1)
  • Make Me (Make or Break, #1)
  • The Hard Count
  • Kiss and Break Up (Magnolia Cove, #1)
  • Jaded (Jaded, #1)
  • Unmaking Hunter Kennedy
  • Clique Bait
  • Falling for the Ghost of You
  • American Girl on Saturn (Saturn, #1)
  • Idle Bloom
  • Fallen Crest High (Fallen Crest High, #1)
  • All My Life
  • The Girl on Gander Green Lane
  • Forever and Never (Magnolia Cove, #2)
  • Black Tabs
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Last Light
Jenn Cooksey is a Southern California girl born and bred, however she's no longer a resident of heaven on earth, but instead she currently resides in the 7th Ring of Hell with her husband, their three daughters, and a goodly number of pets. Aside from her husband, one cat, and three out of five fish, everyone living under the Cooksey's roof is female. She's sure her husband will not only be awarde ...more

Grab Your Pole (4 books)
  • Shark Bait (Grab Your Pole, #1)
  • Shark Out of Water (Grab Your Pole, #3)
  • Untitled (Grab Your Pole, #4)