Start by marking “The Tower (Sancti Trilogy #3)” as Want to Read:
The Tower (Sancti Trilogy #3)

The Tower (Sancti Trilogy #3)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  2,670 Ratings  ·  243 Reviews
In The Tower, the thrilling conclusion to Simon Toyne’s bestselling Sanctus trilogy, an ominous countdown has begun that some believe could be the first sign of an imminent global catastrophe.

Toyne’s latest thriller opens at the NASA Control Center in Maryland where the center’s director has gone missing and all that can be found is a bizarre message on his computer scree
Published June 11th 2013 by William Morrow (first published January 1st 2013)

Raven
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
And here endeth the lesson in how to write a really good religious conspiracy thriller, as The Tower brings to a close this excellent trilogy. Beginning with Sanctus and The Key, this final instalment instantly propels you back into the world so succinctly and powerfully portrayed in the first two books. I instantly took to these books, despite my original and somewhat cynical poo-pooing of this genre, thanks to the scars left by reading other less effective authors of this kind of fare. I can s ...more
Peter Cresswell
Apr 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Dissapointing conclusion to the Santus Trilogy.
An ok read but the book has major problems, too many to list so I will just touch on the books biggest failing.
After spending two books getting us to care for the 2 main characters (Liv and Gabriel)- in this concluding book they are completely sidelined into very minor characters and we are introduced to a completly new character who will now be the focus of the book.
Andrea Andrei
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Atunci cand se termina ceva, altceva nou incepe.
Frenchie
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This review is from: The Tower (Sancti Trilogy 3) (Kindle Edition)
Oh my, what a read!
Hubble, the world's Mega Universe star gazing telescope, stationed at Goddard, has been moved from its orbit. It is now watching a little spot in the desert. Its counterpart, James Webb at Marshall, has been totally destroyed. Two eminent scientists looking after them are on the run. But are they suspects or targets of a sinister, secret organisation?
Strange messages appear on computer terminals and a countdown
Andy
Real tough one to review is the crux of it......

The opening 100pgs are really very good, plenty of action & at the nub of the mystery, all is unfolding & lots of Oh yeah....! Sound! moments, and it's here that the short chapters style works but.... it jus becomes relentless & before long yer halfway through the book & not a lot is going on to warrant this short choppy style & its a real draaaaag - i think ive been here before as well with this trilogy too - so more fool me wi
Siobhan
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like the first two books in the trilogy the conclusion is fast paced and keeps you entertained from the beginning until the end. However, sadly, I will say that like the second book in the trilogy I found myself somewhat annoyed by predictable moments that I managed to work out well in advance. As a whole it was a great conclusion to the series – I was not at all disappointed – I simply expected better twists and turns to appear at certain points, much like what we saw in the first book.

As a con
K.Y. K.Y.
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
As per my expectation. Sesuai harapan. Trilogi sangat menarik. Tema berat namun disajikan agak ringan. Nggak menyesal baca buku ini, tp hrs dr buku pertama, lho.
Catnip (Antonija)
I survived..... oh God, I thought I was going to die of boredom. I really expected more from this book. Sanctus was interesting, The Key was so-so(a bit annoying) and I expected for this one to a little more packed with dynamic. With every book there was less and less dynamic and everything was in slow motion. There was nothing going on in the beginning(the first 100 pages) besides the missing professor. It just wasn't intruiging and there weren't any hints to keep you on your toes so you would ...more
Kate
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've loved the Sanctus trilogy - hugely evocative and atmospheric mystery thrillers, centered around the most ancient city of Ruin, at the heart of which lies the Citadel. This final novel is a little different, balancing the stories of familiar figures in the Middle East with a different quest by new characters in the United States. It all comes together almost perfectly. The sad news, though, is that this is it. I'm grateful to Simon Toyne for these three novels. Each has brought me so much pl ...more
Cath
May 19, 2013 rated it liked it
The third, and final, in the unfolding tale of the Key and the Sanctus. Whilst I enjoyed the story, and liked being able to have a firm conclusion to the book, it lacked the excitement and complexity of the two previous books.
Worth reading to find out what happens to the heroes, and indeed, civilisation and the world, but whilst I am sure it is intended to make you think about your life, it left me when I finished the last chapter and I have given it little thought since.
Disappointing end to the
Eadie
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
I found The Tower to be an exciting ending to an excellent trilogy. I loved all the characters (good and bad) and the plot kept me turning the pages. The books are all entertaining adventure reads with a different take on religious themes. Simon Toyne knows how to draw you into the story and make you feel as if you are right there living the story. Although they can be read separately, your enjoyment will be greater if you read them in order. I am anxiously awaiting his next book.
Daniel Nickle
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First of all I should disclose that I am a Simon Toyne fan. He captivated me with the first book of his trilogy, Sanctus. The notion of an underground movement to release the Goddess into our male dominated world I found to be truly original. The idea became more and more plausible as Mr. Toyne continued his story into the second book The Key. By the time I finished reading this second installment, I couldn’t believe I was expected to wait for the author to finish writing the third and for it t ...more
Ilaria
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Nulla dura in eterno,ma nulla scompare mai completamente.
Si trasforma semplicemente in qualcosa di diverso..."

La Torre di Ruin è un thriller a sfondo storico/religioso che mi ha lontanamente ricordato i libri di Dan Brown.
La narrazione si snoda in due parti: da una parte siamo nel presente in America, dove l'FBI sta indagando su degli attacchi terroristici sospetti ai danni di alcuni tra i più rari centri di osservazione astronomica al mondo. Prima è toccato all'Hubble, dirottato sulla Terra e
Shawn Spjut
Jul 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Tower; Simon Toyne, 2013; William Morrow

So I've finished the third book in the Ruin Trilogy and I will tell you'all that The Tower was every bit as good as Sanctus and The Key; not too shabby for a first time author.

That we should all be so favored as to produce such a great story the fist time out of the gate. It's a good thing that I am eternally optimistic or I'd go shoot myself now.

Just kidding!

No not really!

Panic attack aside, I really did enjoy the book and am pleased that I've got ano
Pupottina

L'umanità non deve guardare oltre

Misticismo e avventura si mescolano ancora un volta in un thriller religioso, il nuovo romanzo di Simon Toyne. Il pericolo è imminente: qualcuno vuole scatenare l'apocalisse.
L'’FBI deve indagare su un caso molto particolare: la NASA ha perso il controllo del telescopio Hubble, che ora punta verso la terra. Su tutti i pannelli di controllo si legge un unico messaggio: «L’umanità non deve cercare oltre.»
Tutto ha inizio nel centro spaziale di Goddard.
Poco dopo com
Vicki Elia
Jan 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Audiobook Review

In the final book of the Sanctus Trilogy, Toyne concludes this saga in sheer religious apocalyptic fashion. For readers, you must read Sanctus and the Key for this book to have any coherence. Events in the Key predict much of the outcomes of The Tower.

As a non-conspiracy non-religious reader, I would have had difficulty understanding or appreciating much of the plot without 12 years of Catholic school. Otherwise, I would have quit at book 1.

Toyne's writing is remarkable in flow,
Ape
10 January 2015: I won this on a good reads giveaway - thank you. I see I have pulled my usual trick of coming to a series part way through. In this case doing it in style and getting the third and final book first! So I think I'm going to have to track down the other two books and read them first. Sadly this will mean it will be a wee while before I get to reading this.

29 August 2015 Update: I have finished reading the first book in this trilogy, Sanctus now. I've reviewed that one on goodreads
John Lee
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Because I left it so long after reading The Sanctus before I started on The Key that I had forgotten alot of the story, I moved on to The Tower straight after it.
Although I found the concept of The Sanctus a bit hard to believe , once that you had accepted it the story in The Key and The Tower fell into place around it.
I am sure that you pick faults with the plot and the way that the story panned out but, having said that, I enjoyed reading it. Some of the plot seemed a bit overcomplex but I let
Jerrie
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I first began reading the final book in this great trilogy I was not sure I cared for the layout very much. As I got farther into the book though I enjoyed the way it was written and it brought more to the story for me. I feel the author did a great job of pulling all three books together and I thought the ending was original. I found it to be an easy and quick read and greatly enjoyed the whole series.
Dionne Dussard
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
oh my gosh what an amazing religious conspiracy thriller. I found it hard to put this amazing conclusion to the trilogy.

it was well written exceptionally researched and managed be be just religious enough. there was no overt religious agenda but at the same time not religion bashing.

I would highly recommend this trilogy. if you have never read a religious thriller I would say this trilogy is a great place to start.

This book brought the story to a close very neatly.
Aaron Advani
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good end to the trilogy tying things up nicely.
Overall as a trilogy it works really well and keeps you hooked all the way through, for me its better than the Da Vinci Code as its better written, more believable and the author actually carries through with the initial idea.
Hope he can write something equally as good next time out, will be difficult to follow this.
Patricia
Jul 04, 2014 rated it liked it
I liked this book a bit more than the second one (The Key) but I was a bit disappointed about how the story ended. Again, the personality of previous characters is repeated again and I think the end was a bit forced. The first book (Sanctus) was very promising, but in the end I feel the ending could have been a better one.
C. Stuchl
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was an audio book. I loved every word. What a ride. I was painting a small room and listened to this book while working. It was totally interesting and I would recommend it to all. It like a tangled string. So many things happening at once. Never a dull moment. Murder, conspiracy, plague, and more.
Emily
Jan 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this trilogy. I think it could have used more in-depth exploration of the Sanctus and The Mala "religions" and more "starmap" intrigue, but I liked the premise. If he writes more books he needs to dig deeper.
Kahlan23
Mar 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5*
milujem túto sériu, nech si na ňu hovorí kto chce čo chce, mne je to jedno. spočiatku som sa trošku ťažšie do knihy dostávala ale potom to prišlo a ja som sa nevedela dočkať konca. ok, nebol najlepší ale bol celkom v pohode, takže tak =D
Veronika
Mar 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
4,5 stars

Unbelievable and unexpected storyline in the final book of Sanctus trilogy brought me lots of feelings, beginning the story with detective implements it left me hoping for and really did have the bursting and explosing end. I loved it and will miss this great book...
Linda
May 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely brilliant! Loved every page. Amazing story and kept me hooked right to the end. Would seriously recommend this trilogy.
Nicole
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Trilogy!

I truly enjoyed all three books and found the conclusion to be quite satisfactory. Trust me, you'll enjoy it too. Now go read it!
Alan Marston
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very good conclusion to the trilogy.
Krbo
Feb 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
konačno i posljednji nastavak mistične trilogije

žao mi je što se dugo moralo čekati jer ove tri knjige treba pročitati "u dahu"

zanimljivo napisano, dobra ideja
The Tower, the final chapter 3 26 Aug 07, 2014 10:39AM
  • Crucible of Secrets (Alexander Seaton, #3)
  • The Camelot Code
  • The Demon Code (Leo Tillman & Heather Kennedy, #2)
  • Newton's Fire
  • Kingdom
  • The Salem Witch Society
  • The Deceit
  • Rome: The Art of  War (Rome, #4)
  • The Lost Relic (Ben Hope #6)
  • The Romanov Cross
  • The Labyrinth of Osiris (Yusuf Khalifa #3)
  • Covenant (Ethan Warner #1)
  • The Hunters (The Hunters, #1)
  • The Second Messiah
  • The Templar Agenda
  • The Lost Library
  • The Lucifer Code (Thomas Lourds, #2)
  • The City of Shadows (Stefan Gillespie, #1)
Simon Toyne was born February 29th, 1968 in Cleethorpes, England, but spent his formative years in Peterborough. He moved further south, to Goldsmiths College, part of the University of London, to study English and Drama then ended up working as a producer, director in commercial television for almost twenty years.

He quit in 2007, just shy of his fortieth birthday, to try and focus more on writing

Sancti Trilogy (3 books)
  • Sanctus (Sancti Trilogy #1)
  • The Key (Sancti Trilogy #2)
“We are all effectively made of stardust: same atomic material, same physical properties, all linked by an energy and common origin, whether you call it faith or physics. For nearly fourteen billions years the universe has been expanding, from the Big Bang onward, always heading out, always seeking the new. Everything in the universe has mirrored this inherent nature - stars, planets, even humans. As a species we have spread, conquered, always looking beyond what we already have to what we might attain, even if we risk destroying ourselves in the process; it runs through everything, from an overreaching emperor destroying his empire for the sake of one more conquered land, to the happily married family man risking his happiness for the sake of an affair. Ours is a destructive nature, often a a violent one, but it's not really our fault, we are merely exhibiting the same nature as everything else, the universal urge to expand and ultimately pull ourselves apart.” 0 likes
“the end of one thing must also be the beginning of another.” 0 likes