Start by marking “It's Halloween, I'm Turning Green (My Weird School Special, #1)” as Want to Read:
It's Halloween, I'm Turning Green (My Weird School Special, #1)

It's Halloween, I'm Turning Green

(My Weird School Special)

In this Weird School Special, It’s Halloween, I’m Turning Green!, A.J. and the gang from the My Weird School series are ready for one of their favorite holidays!

Published July 23rd 2013 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2013)

Start your review of It's Halloween, I'm Turning Green (My Weird School Special, #1)
Janie Johnson
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a really fun story for kiddos! I bought this for my grandson and I am hoping he reads it for Halloween! Although it may give him some not so great ideas. LOL
Pamela
Hilarious!! One of the best children's audiobooks I've listened to in quite some time. If you want a quick Halloween laugh with a hint of mystery and spook-a-liciousness, I highly recommend this fun Trick-or-Treat tale, of adolescent weirdness and ridiculous zinger fun.

The audio version is hysterical and quite delightfully done. I would imagine the book would be good, too.

Happy Halloween - just don't turn green.

FOUR **** Tween Audio, Spook-a-licious Hysterical Fun **** STARS
Erik This Kid Reviews Books
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
AJ and his Weird School friends are all ready to go trick-or-treating. Things don't turn out quite as expected when a monster steals all their candy and the kids find out the monster is after Mrs. Yonkers's (their technology teacher) machine that makes everything giant (the kids want to use the machine to make their candy giant). Can the kids keep their candy safe or will Halloween be ruined?

I am a fan of Dan Gutman books. His Weird School series is always guaranteed to be a fun read. I love Mr.
Jenn Lopez
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was just the comic relief I needed. Dan Gutman is genius with his My Weird School series. The audiobook versions are fun to listen to! I love the repetitiveness in all of the stories. This one was a Halloween special and it didn't disappoint. Go on an adventure with A.J. and the gang!
Camie
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Halloween book for semi-reluctant readers age 6-8.
Erth
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I give five stars based on 10 yr old grandsons opinion. He loves these books and looks forward to each new one that coms out.
I guess any book a child will sit down and read immediately read is a five star.
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Daniel (my 9-year old) was VERY happy to see It’s Halloween, I’m Turning Green by Dan Gutman in our collection. Daniel is a huge Dan Gutman fan. He loves Gutman’s humor, especially in The Genius Files series. He read the first one as part of our local library’s youth book club and we listened to the second book in The Genius Files this summer on our family trips and were very entertained.

It’s Halloween, I’m Turning Green involves the shenanigans of AJ and his friends as they go trick-o-treating.
Pooja Banga
Dec 09, 2018 rated it liked it

It’s Halloween, and you know what that means! Candy! Costumes! More candy! What would happen if a kid ate a million hundred pounds of chocolate in one night? One thing’s for sure—when A.J. and his friends from Ella Mentry School go trick-or-treating, it will be a Halloween to remember.
Shannon
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
Really bad. The kids are rotten and the title of the book had very little to do with the plot. It’s like they came up with the title first and then remembered they had to make it work somewhere in the story. 2 stars for the fun Halloween facts and other activities in the back. There were a couple of funny lines but I hesitate to pick up any other of these books. Thankfully my kids weren’t too impressed either.
Jacquie
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another interesting Weird School book. The kids enjoy these so they take turns picking out what will be read next. This one also had a bonus section at the end with fun facts and activities. We read the facts, but didn't do the activities as it was a library book. Now to see what they pick next.........
Patrick
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Claire
Oct 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads, ebooks
3.5 out of 5.
This book kept me entertained and it was really funny. It also put me in a Halloween mood. I also learned some cool facts I didn't know about Halloween in the Fun Facts section at the back of the book. A really fun and cute read!
Jaja
Oct 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
Love eww I used the l word!
Tarissa
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was looking for a quick Halloween audio book -- and I found a fun little volume in this one. Perfect for young readers who are eager to read a wacky ol' story about Halloween.
Mellanie C
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dan Gutman has a cute writing style in this series, very like Lemony Snicket in The Series of Unfortunate Events. My students will get a kick out of this book.
Danielle Mootz
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kids enjoyed reading this timely Halloween book in the series.
Kathymarie
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Audiobook with the kids. Fun book!
Helen
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny and full of surprises. A totally true portrayal of how kids think about Halloween: candy, candy, candy!
Jessica Montanaro
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
My son loves these book, very funny and a great beginner chapter book
Marcie
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Halloween is probably one of the top two holidays for kids. What's not to love about getting dressed up and getting candy--lots and lots of candy.

Well the kids at Weird School are not exception. A.J. can't wait till he can stuff himself full of candy. A.J. and his friends gather to go trick-or-treating, and they're serious. With a very-calculated plan for getting the most candy. However there are some things they have to be on the lookout for. Like the Halloween Monster that terrorizes the
Samantha
Yet another terrible book...third time is not the charm. This one was even more repetitive in its story structure than the other ones! Awful, awful writing with a very unlikable main character. How can people rate this so high, when it is such a waste of time compared to legitimate funny children's books like Captain Underpants? When there are the Magic Tree House Books and so many other fun series that have QUALITY writing?! I hope my sister doesn't check out anymore of these...I'm sick of them ...more
Mymcbooks
Oct 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
My Review: A.J and his friends are getting ready for Halloween. For them Halloween is the best day of the year, a day to fill up their bags with lot of candy. While out tricking or treating, they decided to stop at Mrs Yonkers’ house who promised Andrea a Magical Halloween surprise. But they couldn’t locate her house and then A.J and the gang confronted the Halloween Monster . This must be the Halloween Monster that terrorizes the neighborhood on Halloween day. The back of the book includes 32 ...more
Margaret Chind
I have to admit I'm stopping reading this one on p. 75 and it's going to the DNF (Did Not Finish) list. I was excited about this one and the series really for the My Weird School Series because there are quite a few and I'm really starting to make a list of things for my girls to read once they're reading on their own, but this author will not be on it. The language is offensive, the idea of promoting laughter to an underwear-werewolf is revolting and not in the least bit what I want to ...more
Alec
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I started reading, "It`s Halloween, I`m turning green" I could not put it down. while A.J and his "gang" where trick or treating he runs into Emily who says that their teacher has a treat a her house. On their way to their teachers house something mysterious happens. Soon they get to their teachers house and she has a new invention that will change your life. To find out what it is read this amazing fictional book. ...more
Mallory Grissom
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I think that this book is definitely a cute book for kids to read. It would be a good book to introduce to them around Halloween to get them excited! It is just a simple to read book, but it does not have a significant amount of good vocabulary throughout the book. I think this would be a fun read for a classroom, but not something I would tell a child to go and pick out to read. Most kids will enjoy this book because it is all about Halloween!
Christopher
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was part of the flashback series I am continuing but, its a different one! A.J. is excited it is Halloween, and the best part is...... CANDY! He is very excited for this candy, and Halloween, but is not excited with what happens next. With the help of his "gang" he gets the candy he wants, and lives happily ever after- just kidding! Go read the book to find out more on this book! I have two more left in this flashback series!
Marianne
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Classic My Weird School humor with a few extras thrown in. Dan Gutman raises the chuckles to a whole new level with this latest MWS Special edition. Nice features in the back of the book include Professor A.J.'s Weird Halloween Facts, Fun Games and Weird-Word Puzzles, and MWS Trivia Questions. Sure to be a big hit with MWS fans!
Sydney
Jan 13, 2006 rated it really liked it
its about A.J. and his friends go trick or treating and they hear about this monster is in town stealing candy.so when they fall asleep on the grass from eating to much candy A.J. dreams about the teachers are coming to get his candy his art teacher dumps green paint on him and then he wakes up.....
Joanie
Apr 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I borrowed this e book from the library in an effort to get my kids to use their kindle fire for something other than playing minecraft. It wasn't bad, the boys seemed to like it and I liked how there were facts about Halloween at the end of the book. We might check out another one someday.
Jennifer Lyon
Oct 13, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a good book for middle elementary students. The easy chapters are good for hesitant readers. The story seems tha tit would be appealing to that age group. Halloween and the adventures of a group of friends that evening are entertaining.

• Eva Sees a Ghost (Owl Diaries, #2)
  • Baxter is Missing (Owl Diaries, #6)
  • The Wildwood Bakery (Owl Diaries, #7)
  • Eva and the New Owl (Owl Diaries, #4)
  • Warm Hearts Day (Owl Diaries, #5)
  • A Woodland Wedding (Owl Diaries, #3)
  • Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer (Judy Moody, #10)
  • Junie B., First Grader: Turkeys We Have Loved and Eaten (and Other Thankful Stuff) (Junie B. Jones, #28)
  • Dog Man: Fetch-22 (Dog Man, #8)
  • Judy Moody Goes to College (Judy Moody, #8)
  • Junie B., First Grader: Aloha-ha-ha! (Junie B. Jones, #26)
  • Junie B. Jones and the Yucky Blucky Fruitcake (Junie B. Jones, #5)
  • In a Blink
  • It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
  • Cam Jansen and the Summer Camp Mysteries: A Super Special
  • The Missing Mummy (A to Z Mysteries, #13)
  • Junie B. Jones Is a Beauty Shop Guy (Junie B. Jones, #11)
  • The Zombie Zone (A to Z Mysteries, #26)
The author of over 80 books in a little over a decade of writing, Dan Gutman has written on topics from computers to baseball. Beginning his freelance career as a nonfiction author dealing mostly with sports for adults and young readers, Gutman has concentrated on juvenile fiction since 1995. His most popular titles include the time-travel sports book Honus and Me and its sequels, and a clutch of ...more

My Weird School Special (7 books)
  • Deck the Halls, We're Off the Walls!
  • Bunny Double, We're in Trouble! (My Weird School Special)
  • Oh, Valentine, We've Lost Our Minds! (My Weird School Special)
  • Back to School, Weird Kids Rule! (My Weird School Special)
  • My Weird School Special: Bummer in the Summer!
  • My Weird School Special: We're Red, Weird, and Blue! What Can We Do?