Start by marking “Crushed (Pretty Little Liars, #13)” as Want to Read:
Crushed (Pretty Little Liars, #13)

Crushed

(Pretty Little Liars #13)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  10,168 Ratings  ·  697 Reviews
It's springtime in suburban Rosewood, which means iced soy lattes, fresh manicures in shimmering pastels - and prom. But while everyone else is flipping through the racks at Saks in search of the perfect prom dress, Hanna, Spencer, Emily, and Aria are on a different kind of hunt: They're looking for A...

Hanna puts her campaign for prom queen on the back burner to volunteer
Published June 4th 2013 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Crushed, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Carolyne
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Laura Newcombe
Feb 06, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-give-up
Can't wait for book #56, Geriatric, wherein "A" tries to mow down the girls at the retirement home on her motorized scooter! I think it'll be the best one yet.
Leesh
Dec 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
It seems no ones approving this book. They think that Sara should end the series and that its getting ridiculous, I disagree. Sara is my favourite author, and this is the best series! Even if its still dragging on, I i find it still extremely thrilling. I'm in totally support of Sara writing as many more of these books as she pleases and Im really looking forward to reading this book!
hayden
Oct 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Oh my LORD, Sara Shepard. There needs to be a stopping point!

I present you with the hideous cover of the thirteen PLL novel, because apparently this series will never end.

Kate ♡
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-read
Crushed by Sara Shepard
book 13 in the Pretty Little Liars series

Actual Rating: 4.98/5 stars (because it's not quite as good as the 8th book, but it's so up there

I loved this book. From the moment I picked it up, I knew it was going to be amazing, and I was not let down!
It was a big step up from the last 4 books in the series, this book felt more like the older PLL books, yet with elements of the newer ones woven in also, which I loved so much.

The story lines were all so enjoyable in this inst
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OK people if ur so annoyed that there is another book coming out why are you on here and checking out the book! And why did you all mark it to read? Honestly if you don't want to read it which u all do cause u took the time to comment and check the book out SHUT UP cause I guarantee ur all gonna buy this book I keen how else would u know there would be another pretty little liar book if u didn't read the last book! Sara Shepard is my idol her books are AMAZING and have a good plot she inspires m ...more
Nadia
Edit (After Reading):
Well, is it just me, or was this book as predictable as the last few? I finished it last night, and I was rolling my eyes with every page. Yeah, yeah, "A" is always a step ahead. Yeah, yeah, the girls are ready to come clean but something stops them. Yeah, yeah, all the girls have an obvious "A" suspect that they are 100% sure of, but it turns out not to be that person. The whole book was "Yeah, yeah, something I've read before." To be honest, (view spoiler)
Anushka
I swear to God, this woman is capable of writing a brain-storming YA-thriller and I have no idea why she settles for this . Sara Shepard should have ended this series at 8th book as well as her The Lying Games at 4th and tried her hand at something else. I’m sure she’d have been great at it.
Even people who haven’t read PLL are sick of a new book popping up every 4 months! There is a limit, you know.

So, books 9 to 11 were total shit -1-star worthy, 12th was semi-shit as was this (13th) one. W
Geraldine O'Hagan
Aug 29, 2014 rated it did not like it
Ashley
Dec 15, 2012 rated it did not like it
If you thought this series couldn't get any worse, you're wrong.

All I'm going to say about this book is that the leaf blower plan was one of the most paranoid things I've ever heard of.

description
Iso M
Oct 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-books
OMG THE COVER!!! CANT WAIT FOR THIS BOOK!!!

04/03/2013

I can't wait for JUNE 4th
Susana
YOU HAVE SERIOUSLY GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. By the 10th book, I said to myself "I'm going to read till the 20th book" and i think i might just have to keep that promise. It's seriously annoying to see more books come out in a series that should have ended ages ago.The "Pretty Little Liars" series isn't even that good, it's JUST okay. Some say it's because of the tv show that Shepard is writing more books-whatever the reason PLEASE STOP MAKING HER WRITE MORE BOOKS! Not only is the series becoming mo ...more
Daryn Ellison
Dec 26, 2012 is currently reading it
OMG i thought that Burned would be the last book and then i looked on here today and saw that she has another one i was happy yet mad how many books is she going to write i just want to solve the mystery already. And the bad thing is they'll probally be more since she is writing a novella too. So excited to thought!!!
Kat
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am probably the oldest person in the world that has finished this book, narrowly likely beating a bored 15 year old.

I had to read this as soon as it came out, because I was SO sure this book wouldn't let the cock-tease continue one second longer. I have no shame - I love these books, but the past few have been getting on my nerves (you can read my other reviews) because frustratingly nothing seemed to happen, and it was always clear that the girls were dead wrong about who the most recent pers
Michael
Jul 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: judge-me
I guess I should preface this by saying that Crushed is a definite improvement over the last installment, which truly crashed and burned (heh, get it, because the title of the last book is......oh, never mind).

That being said, it's still light years away from its former glory. With a series like this, it's best to know when to end it at that strategic point where (a) your audience hasn't caught onto your storytelling tricks but (b) you've dragged it out long enough to still make a nice profit of
Emily
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Yes! Finally! THIS is the PLL book that I've been waiting for!

I absolutely hated the last book and haven't been enjoying this third and final arc as much as the first two. I was skeptical about Crushed and didn't even know if I was going to read it, that's how much I despised Burned. But I'm so glad I gave it a chance!

The thing I like most about Crushed is that the PLLs finally sit down together and try to figure everything all out. This is something I've been waiting for both in the book and te
Hayley
Jun 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
I'm giving this book 2 stars because I am SUPER pissed off at Sara Shepard right now. One, because this series should've ended a long time ago. Two, WHAT THE HELL?! NOEL?!! I kind of don't even care what happens in the last book now. Noel was pretty much the only "stable" things aria had in her life. Now that Sara ruined it, my only hope are this: Ali had BETTER still be alive and I hope to God that Aria gets to her first and kills that bitch. I am seriously so angry. I don't even care who the o ...more
Alex
Feb 24, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
**spoilers below**

To start, I have to say that this series has gone on long enough. I honestly should have stopped myself at book four, there was an out and I stupidly didn't take it.

However, this book had its bright sides. It was a fun and suspenseful read but not amazing. I guess I don't expect much now just because this is what, the 13th book? THE 13TH!

Aria was my favourite character and I love her and Noel as a couple. And I'm thankful Aria stood by his side... well most of the book. But com
Ivy
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
!!! MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS !!!

In 2010 I became quite obsessed with Pretty Little Liars. I lived in the States back then and heard about this new show coming out on TV, so I watched the first episode, was hooked already, found out that it was based on a series of books by Sara Shepard, went to my local book store, bought the first book and fell in love with it right away. I finished it in one sitting and went back to that same book store the same night to get book number two because I was so thrill
Aly Grande
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Alex
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Emerald
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it

Overall Thoughts

If you're a fan of show like I am, then I recommend picking up the series. There are a lot of answers in the books that the show doesn't give you. Which I found both awesome and frustrating. I wish the tv series followed the books more closely but I do feel like the books story is better and makes a lot more sense. Not the best written series and the characters can be childish but very e

Victoria
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sara Shepard is an amazing author who has managed to keep the story going and still keep it just as on edge as the last. For anyone who has a problem with it, go away. You're obviously not dedicated fans anyways. After reading Ali's Pretty Little Lies, I am even more addicted. So, Sara keep on rocking the Pretty Little Liars series because they truly are great books!
Miguel Nava
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.8!!!
Estas niñas me quieren sacar de quicio. A veces hacen decisiones tontas y me tienen gritandoles a la pantalla de mi Kindle. La situacion de Aria me gusto en este libro, es entendible y casi a lo que le paso a Hanna con Mona. Debo admitir que lo de Emily me parecía tonto al principio pero hacia buena dinámica con Iris y GRACIAS! por no hacerlo romance. Sin duda lo mas interesante era la parte de Hanna y ese final OMG!!! However, Spencer 🙄🙄 que necesidad hay de "enamorarse" con alguien quien
Sara Santos
4,5
Much better then the last one!
Bella
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm addicted. So very addicted. Yeah so people say that there are too many books, that the plots are becoming increasingly more outrageous and that the characters are irritating beyond belief... But I wouldn't change this series for the world. Whilst I can kind of see why people think they should have ended a long time ago, you have to hand it to Sara Shepard. Even people who HATE her books are still going out of their way to read more, because her use of suspense and intrigue is undeniable.

Ther
(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
Ali, Mona, Tabitha, and Courtney are supposedly all dead, but the dead don’t stay dead in this series, and now the pretty little liars are dealing with the possibility that Ali might not be as dead as everyone thinks. Who is A. this time around? Who was Ali’s boyfriend? And is he still helping her now?

This was an enjoyable book, and I thought it was a lot better than some of the recent books in this series.
I liked that the girls actually got together, talked t
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥
At A Glance
Genre:
Young Adult; Mystery
Love Triangle/Insta Love?: nope.
Cliff Hanger: yepp.

In Dept
Best Part:
The ending nailed it.
Worst Part: Spencer!
Thoughts Had: That's how girls get killed.; oh snapp.

Conclusion
Continuing the Series:
Yep
Recommending: yep

Short Review: Holy crap that ending. Crazy shit right there for sure. Um, well, for starters, Spencer. Up to thi
Travis
Jan 05, 2013 marked it as to-read
I for one can't wait for this book, I've read all the books even the new one (Ali's pretty little lies). I hope Sara Shepard makes plenty,plenty,PLENTY of more of these books. These books sell, and people buy them there all interesting and great. I love these books.
Ahmad Sharabiani
Jul 11, 2016 marked it as to-read
Crushed (Pretty Little Liars #13), Sara Shepard
A Million More Pages: 13 - Crushed (PLL): Sept 15 3 11 May 12, 2015 02:01PM
YA lovers <3: Crushed 1 4 Jul 07, 2014 11:40PM
Too Many Novels!!!!!!!! 8 99 Jan 03, 2014 08:11AM
And the second A is... 39 101 Jan 03, 2014 08:04AM
Kate Radall, Hanna's step-sister 3 21 Nov 17, 2013 06:49PM
Crazy for Young A...: Crushed (Pretty Little Liars #13) by Sara Shepard → Start Date: August 26th, 2013 76 43 Aug 30, 2013 07:39AM
Mansfield Public ...: Crushed by Sara Shepard -- Pretty Little Liars Review 1 5 Aug 16, 2013 07:13PM
  • Rosewood Confidential: The Unofficial Companion to Pretty Little Liars
  • Infamous (Fame Game, #3)
  • Vengeance (Private, #14)
  • Pretty Little Liars (TV Series)
  • Take a Chance on Me (Gossip Girl: The Carlyles, #3)
  • The Daughters Join the Party (The Daughters, #4)
Sara Shepard graduated from NYU and has an MFA from Brooklyn College. She has lived in New York City, Brooklyn, Tucson, Arizona, Philadelphia, and now lives in Pittsburgh, PA. Sara's Pretty Little Liars novels were inspired by her upbringing in Philadelphia's Main Line.

Pretty Little Liars (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1)
  • Flawless (Pretty Little Liars, #2)
  • Perfect (Pretty Little Liars, #3)
  • Unbelievable (Pretty Little Liars, #4)
  • Wicked (Pretty Little Liars, #5)
  • Killer (Pretty Little Liars, #6)
  • Heartless (Pretty Little Liars, #7)
  • Wanted (Pretty Little Liars, #8)
  • Twisted (Pretty Little Liars, #9)
  • Ruthless (Pretty Little Liars, #10)
“If a little voice in your head is telling you something is up, maybe you should listen.” 50 likes
“Catch me if you can