Start by marking “Night School” as Want to Read:
Night School

Night School (Night School #1)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  14,267 Ratings  ·  1,531 Reviews
Night School, the first book in a series of darkly romantic YA thrillers set in a British boarding school, is generating excitement around the world.

When Allie Sheridan gets arrested—again—her parents have had enough. They send Allie to the Cimmeria Academy far away from her London friends. The school is beautiful, and filled with gorgeous, ultra-wealthy teens who travel b
Published May 21st 2013 by Katherine Tegen Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Night School, please sign up.
C.J. Daugherty Sadly, no. But Cimmeria's appearance is based on a couple of real boarding schools in England, including one, in particular, called Frensham Heights.…moreSadly, no. But Cimmeria's appearance is based on a couple of real boarding schools in England, including one, in particular, called Frensham Heights. Cimmeria is the boarding school I wish I'd gone to! (less)
C.J. Daugherty Sadly, no. But Cimmeria's appearance is based on a couple of real boarding schools in England, including one, in particular, called Frensham Heights.…moreSadly, no. But Cimmeria's appearance is based on a couple of real boarding schools in England, including one, in particular, called Frensham Heights. (less)

Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
I always enjoy boarding school books (unless they’re contemporary, in which case I tend to run away screaming), and I’d hoped Night School would be a fine addition to the group, or in the best case scenario, that it would stand out in some way. Sadly, it’s not special at all, and it’s not even paranormal like I’d expected. It has the structure and the tropes of a paranormal YA novel, but no paranormal elements whatsoever. Consider yourselves warned.

Allie is a very troubled teen. After her older
~Tina~
Yup, this is definitely a Tina book!!!

Since the Harry Potter days, I've always loved boarding school books. So as soon as I saw this book, I've wanted to read it, I'm not sure why but it sounded like something I'd enjoy and enjoy I did, in fact, it became an instant favorite! Also, the fact that it's set in London and it's British is an extra bonus. I love British books!

Night School has just about everything I love in a good escape. Mystery, intrigue, excitement, driven character and a heart po
Reynje
I liked Night School. But I say that with a massive caveat. (More on that later.) So, Night School and upcoming Night School sequel: you and your ratings are on probation.

The synopsis is fairly ambiguous as to the genre of the novel. It drops hints about a strange boarding school and a mysterious loner guy, but is evasive on the specifics. Even the cover looks like it would be home among a shelf of paranormal romances. So while I don’t think it’s a spoiler to say this, I’ll put in spoiler tags
Juliana Zapata
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Una historia original con unos personajes geniales. Allie es un personaje fuerte y rebelde (eso me encanta) y los chicos tan diferentes pero con tantas cosas en común al tiempo.

El libro atrapa por el misterio, solo descubres de que va todo en los últimos capítulos y el final te deja lleno de curiosidad.

#TeamCarter

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2015/0...
Jessica
Feb 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jessica by: ~Tina~
Man, this was A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!

C.J. Daugherty managed to keep me in the dark about what was really going on in Night School until the very end. I had no freakin' clue and I loved that. Daugherty scattered a few hints here and there to make sure you never stayed on the right track. After a while I thought I had the whole thing figured out and was like "Ah well, this is just another one of those boarding school stories about vampires or whatever" but I was wrong. It really isn't. I think it's best t
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
Actual rating: 3.5

I honestly don't know how to rate this book. It's such an odd read, I came in with certain expectations as to the plot, the characters, and the writing, and none were reached. That isn't to say it's a bad thing, considering I had low expectations, but this book was so different from what I actually got. From the title, I expected a House of Night ripoff, and instead I got Gossip Girl meet cloak and daggers with a hint at the paranormal and a set of rules straight out of Fight C
crni biser
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to crni biser by: Milica's Bookshelf
Shelves: favorites
Big love description
descriptiondescriptiondescription

description

Detaljnije o knjizi možete pročitati na blogu Crni biser&Prodavnica snova http://crnibiser87.blogspot.rs/2017/0...
Cora ☕ Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Privilege, school, friendship, family, love.

I have to admit that I put off reading this for a long time.

Why?

The cover. It just screams PNR. Or YAFantasy.

No, thank you.

But this month I wanted to finally read some of those books that have been sitting on my physical TBR for a long while, starting with the UKYA. And Night School was the first one I picked up.

And wow. Why did I leave it so long?

I'm not sure what I was expecting but it was absolutely NOT what I read. This book was all kinds
madametschenny
Ziemlich klischeebehaftet, aber dennoch ein guter Auftakt! Rezi folgt :)
Isamlq
Mar 04, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sixty four percent in four days does not a good sign make. I just couldn’t get into it; but, the Lord be thanked, for if not by the powers of skimming then I doubt I’d have managed to get through to the end.

Should I say that it’s the same old, same old?
Should I say that the boys are ridiculously controlling in this one?
Should I repeat the fact that, yet gain, there be two boys in this one; both of whom are into the same girl who thinks herself, yet again, as not that much to begin with?
Should
Milica's Bookshelf
Odlična priča, zaista odlična... ali mi fali nešto.. dobro, biću iskrena, fali mi seks u priči xD valjda u poslednje vreme stalno čitam ljubavne romane sa barem jednom seks scenom, ali avaj, ovde nema nijedne.. tako da #sorrynotsorry ostaju 4 zvezdice.
Linčujte me! :P
Izzy
Awh man. I really wanted to be able to give this book more. Instead I shall tell you why I didn't (and why I gave it what I did of course).

Right, so the blurb and the first chapter of the book give the impression that Allie is somewhat of a troublemaker, what with the arrests and all. Sounds fun, right? We all love a good troublemaker. However, as the book went on I found her character *quite* and by quite I mean really inconsistent. She changed the moment she went to the boarding school to gen
Ferdy

Sixteen year old Allie is sent away to boarding school after getting arrested for the third time. Hoping Allie will start to behave, Allie's parents drop her off at her new school - Cimmeria Academy, which much to Allie's dismay is in the middle of nowhere. This conveniantly gets rid of the heroine's parents pretty much straight away - everyone that reads YA knows that parents can't heaven forbid actually be there to parent our young heroes and heroines!
It was a bit unbelievable that Al
Sophie
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Night School tells the story of Allie Sheridan, a teenage girl who is having a tough time dealing with her brother's disappearance. After being arrested for the third time, her parents decide to send her to the mysterious Cimmeria Academy, whose students include the children of the country's most powerful and influential people. Though the boarding school may house teenagers, electronics of any kind aren't accepted: no phones, mp3 players, laptops, TVs, anything.

Allie's life at Cimmeria starts o
Wanderlust
This is not a paranormal or fantasy book - Ignore the bookshelves that say it is.
It is instead about spoilt teenagers who are whiney, full of issues and extremely annoying to read about.
The big surprise about what night school is...

That wasn't a surprise.. at all.
I wouldn't recommend this book, nor continue the series.
Nikoleta
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Υπέροχη ατμόσφαιρα που με απορρόφησε από τις πρώτες γραμμές, καλοδουλεμένοι χαρακτήρες και ενδιαφέρουσα υπόθεση, η οποία ξεφεύγει λίγο από τα συνηθισμένα. Είχα μόνο ένα μικρό θεματάκι με τη ροή, που θα προτιμούσα να κυλάει λίγο πιο γρήγορα. Πολύ καλό βιβλίο. Το προτείνω!
ItsMedea
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5/5⭐ Das erste Buch das mich 2017 so unfassbar gepackt hat! Spannend von vorne bis hinten!
Arybo ✨
Nope. Ha tutti i cliché di questo mondo e, per di più, una scrittura noiosa e piatta.
Stacey (prettybooks)
If you, like me, saw the cover of Night School and assumed it was a paranormal romance novel then let me assure you – it’s nothing of the sort!

Allie Sheridan is having a tough time coping with her brother’s disappearance. He was her best friend until one day he just wrote a note and left. When Allie gets arrested, her parents decide that they are unable to deal with her self-destructive behaviour anymore and send her to boarding school – Cimmeria Academy.

Cimmeria Academy is no ordinary school. I
Crystal
Jan 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
I need more!! That is the only thing going through my brain right now. I just want more of these words and sentences that Daughtry has strung together. The story flows like water and for 454 pages it has to flow to keep my attention and it not only did that but it left me wanting another 454 pages!
Allie has been sent to a school tucked in the middle of nowhere as a last resort to save her from herself. Ever since her brother left she has been on a downward spiral and her parents are at the end o
shady boots | #WatchPOSE
This review is also available on my blog.

__________________________________

I can't think of a rating for this. Either 3, 3.5, 3.75, I just don't know.

So I decided to get this book because the reviews I've seen gave it the impression that this is a book of pure epicness. I was intrigued and curious, so I was excited when I managed to get my hands on it.

Unfortunately, it kind of let me down.

So this book is about Allie Sheridan who became a rebellious girl after her older brother Christopher ran aw
Mizuki
*sighs* Night School by first-timer C. J. Daugherty isn't awful, but the way-too-overused setting had irritated me quite a bit...

(1) New girl in a new school---a secretive boarding school, that's it.

(2) Love triangle---we all know there is no escape from this one!

(3) Two mouth-wateringly hot male love interests: one moody bad boy and one Straight-As student (and he is rich, mind you), and we all know there is no escape from this one neither!.

I'm actually surprised these two boys don't turn out
Bine
Sep 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ein Buch, das ich schon sehr lange lesen wollte. Ich muss sagen, dass es mich sehr gut unterhalten hat und auch ziemlich spannend war. Leider hat mich das Ende ein bisschen enttäuscht, weswegen ich nicht weiß, ob ich es weiterlesen werde... Ich habe das Gefühl, dass immer neue Geheimnisse aufkommen werden und es in ständige Geheimniskrämerei ausufern wird... Also ich weiß noch nicht, ob ich weiter lesen will. Das erste Buch hat mir jedenfalls sehr gut gefallen. Selbst die Dreiecksbeziehung war z ...more
Srta Books
Mar 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marzo-2018
Al ser una relectura...admito que no me ha encantado tanto como cuando lo leí por primera vez hace años. Lo más interesante ocurre al final y te dan ganas de seguir con su segunda parte, pero siento que sobraban muchas páginas del libro y que en algunos momentos la protagonista me ha resultado infantil. Seguiré con mi segunda relectura leyendo el segundo libro a ver qué tal. Pronto reseña en mi blog.
Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews)
Read This Review & More Like It On My Blog!

C.J. Daugherty has several things going for her in her debut novel and the first in her Night School series: a chilling, thoroughly Gothic vibe, an interesting and just-convoluted-enough conspiracy theory, and a somewhat rounded main character. Unfortunately for both Night School and its readers, Daugherty loses sight of what she should write about and focuses on mean girls, petty high school drama, "mysterious" boys, and an obnoxious love trianle w
mary
Mar 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Τι ευχάριστη έκπληξη!Η αλήθεια είναι πως όταν πρωτοείδα το νυχτερινό σχολείο πίστεψα πως πρόκειται για μια ακόμη paranormal σειρά όμοια με τον οίκο της νύχτας.Τελικά δεν είναι καθόλου αυτό που φανταζόμουν και χαίρομαι γι αυτό καθώς κατάφερει να ξεπεράσει κατά πολύ τις προσδοκίες μου.
Η δεκαεξάχρονη Άλι Σέρινταν μετά τη μυστηριώδη εξαφάνιση του αδερφού της έχει εκδηλώσει μια ιδιαίτερα παραβατική συμπεριφορά που οδηγεί τους γονείς να την βάλουν οικότροφη σε ένα παράξενο σχολείο, την Κιμμέρια Ακαδημ
Nic
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Nic by: Tina
Night School was recommended to me by my good friend Tina. She told me not read any spoilers, to go in knowing as little as possible and I am so glad I listened to her. Becaused it was so different from what I was expecting but I mean that in a good way. Now I don't want to say anything about what this book was actually about because it is nice to have a book that takes you by surprise. Let just say it was intriguing plot. I loved the mystery too it and how it leaves me with questions that I des ...more
Juli
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
No me acordaba lo intrigante que era. Me encanto como la primera vez que lo leí.
Carter West ♥♥
Sin lugar a dudas espero poder muy pronto con la segunda parte.
El misterio que hay en este libro es impresionante !!!
FASCINADA
Drew Tuá
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-shelf, 2015
4,5/5
Increíble, me ha encantado :)
Sylvain vs Carter 161 395 Mar 06, 2018 03:55AM
Paranormal? 8 42 May 01, 2015 12:46AM
do you think that Allie is stupid 2 18 May 01, 2015 12:45AM
  • Fated (Fated, #1)
  • Hollow Pike
  • Les Cendres de l'oubli (Phænix, #1)
  • A Witch in Winter (Winter Trilogy, #1)
  • Die Katastrophe (Das Tal Season 1, #2)
  • Daylight Saving
  • The Witch Collector Part I
  • Poison Heart
  • A Shimmer of Angels (Angel Sight, #1)
  • Logan und Gwen  (Das verbotene Eden, #2)
  • ExtraNormal (ExtraNormal, #1)
  • inDIVISIBLE
  • Undeadly (The Reaper Diaries, #1)
  • The Alchemy of Forever (Incarnation, #1)
  • Stealing Phoenix (Benedicts, #2)
  • By Midnight (Ravenwood Mysteries, #1)
  • Louder Than Words
  • Saeculum
International bestselling author Christi Daugherty is a former newspaper reporter and crime writer. Her Night School series (written as CJ Daugherty) has been translated into 24 languages, and has been a bestseller in multiple countries.

Find out more on her website: www.ChristiDaugherty.com on www.facebook.com/CJAuthor and on Twitter: www.twitter.com/CJ_Daugherty

NOTE: Please don't message me on G
More about C.J. Daugherty

Night School (5 books)
  • Legacy (Night School, #2)
  • Fracture (Night School, #3)
  • Resistance (Night School #4)
  • Endgame (Night School, #5)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Wrong Man
    $9.49 $1.99
  • What You Don't Know
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • When They Come for You (Harper McDaniel #1)
  • Murder at Bray Manor : a cozy historical mystery
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Every Single Secret
  • Name of the Devil: A Jessica Blackwood Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Night Crew (Sean Drummond, #7)
  • The Music of the Deep
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adventuress (Lady Emily, #10)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer Children (The Collector, #3)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Good Twin
    $5.99 $2.99
  • An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Speed of Sound (Speed of Sound Thrillers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Bones (Shetland Island, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Bourne Initiative (Jason Bourne, #14)
  • The Good Neighbor
  • Under an English Heaven: An Ellie Kent Mystery
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Swansong (DI Nick Dixon #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Have His Carcase (Lord Peter Wimsey #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
  • Casino: Love and Honor in Las Vegas
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Mr. Timothy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
  • The Memory Closet
  • What Lies Below
  • Silent Child
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures
  • Pleasantville
    $12.49 $1.99
  • The Walkers of Dembley (Agatha Raisin, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Killing Orders
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Prince Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles #11)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Mind's Eye (Inspector Van Veeteren #1)
  • The Sound of Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden Killers (Tennison, #2)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Paragon Walk (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #3)
  • The Secret Mother
    $2.99 $1.49
“What should I say? ‘Well, the murder was a little upsetting, and the fire did worry me a bit. I was nearly date-raped and my ex best friend is crazy. But, hey, at least I’m making an A in History’?” 88 likes
“Fine. You stay here. I shall return when I’ve found food. But when you all faint from hunger later don’t think you can just feed on me.” 61 likes