Start by marking “One for the Wicked (Dark Mission, #5)” as Want to Read:
One for the Wicked (Dark Mission, #5)

One for the Wicked

(Dark Mission #5)

In this thrilling finale to Karina Cooper's Dark Mission series, New Seattle's witches will rise again…or fall forever.

Dr. Kayleigh Lauderdale possesses the only cure for what's killing the city's witches. Desperate to acquire it, the resistance sends their best agent, but Shawn Lowe has his own agenda, and it doesn't include saving anyone—least of all, the daughter of his
Mass Market Paperback, 356 pages
Published April 30th 2013 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about One for the Wicked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One for the Wicked

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

5 Amazing Stars!!!

One for the Wicked is the fifth book in Karina Cooper’s incredible Dark Mission series. It's the perfect balance of paranormal, urban fantasy, and suspense with a hard fought, well earned, happily ever after.
From the Cover:

Beth
Jan 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shawn Lowe is about to take on the assignment of his life. Capture Dr. Kayleigh Lauderdale, daughter of the man that killed his parents, and bring her and the cure back for the resistance. Conflicting emotions is an understatement when it comes to Kayleigh, Shawn wants to hate her but he is drawn to Kayleigh like no other woman before her.

Kayleigh is sucked into Shawns like a moth to flames, little does she know the danger she is really in. Pulled deeper into the underworld, Kayleigh slowly dis
Feminista
Rating: 3.5 out of 5.

One for the Wicked by Karina Cooper

Shawn Lowe has an agenda against the Lauderdales. Having witnessed his parents’ death at the hands of Dr. Kayleigh’s father, he kidnaps her, planning to make him pay.

However, things don’t go according to plan, leaving Shawn confused and angry with the attraction he feels for Kayleigh. As secrets and lies unravel for Kayleigh, she finds herself bound by Shawn (literally), and unable to seek the answers to vital questions. Along comes a rolle
Vanessa theJeepDiva
A perfect finale to an awesome series. I just picked up Karina Cooper’s Dark Mission series a few short months ago. So this has been a swift adventure through an apocalyptic change that has left the world fearing and hating witches. This change has left many people below a crumpled city, living in the dregs of what is left. From the very beginning of the series readers find out there is more and more layers to this conspiratorial fight against the witches. The revelations have gotten bigger and ...more
Jen Davis
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Karina Cooper wraps up her Dark Mission series in grand fashion with this final installment. It’s a romance, yes, but it’s more than that. Cooper brings back all the characters and couples of previous stories to wrap up the overall arc involving the mission, the church, the witches, and the genetic puzzle that’s been causing so many to die.

But let’s start with the love story. Our hero is Shawn, a member of the resistance. His life’s mission is to destroy the man who killed his parents: Laurence
Amy
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great ending to a fabulous series.

Karina Cooper finished the Dark Mission with perfection. ONE FOR THE WICKED, book 5 in the Dark Mission series by Karina Cooper is everything I hoped it would be. I’ve been addicted to this series since I first read the novella, BEFORE THE WITCHES, and book one of the series, BLOOD OF THE WICKED, hooked me good.

I was pleased to see some of the characters we came to love in the series have small roles in the finale which lent to pulling everything together. But
Angela
Oct 17, 2014 marked it as tbr-series-sequels-x  ·  review of another edition
17 October 2014: $1.99 on Kindle
Paranormal Romance
Since the death of his parents the hero has focused his entire being on getting revenge on the man responsible. His hatred for the entire family is a festering thing and to achieve his goal, he’s willing to turn a blind eye on logic and mercy. When he’s chosen by the rebels to infiltrate the labs to kidnap the heroine, he does so with his own agenda in mind. It’s perhaps a bit alarming how easy it is for him to gain access to the secure labs of the church as a bodyguard (which is ironic consider ...more
Juliet
Mar 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018-books
Finally complete! The only saving grace was the world building. The story is meh, like a dull fan fiction.
Stephanie  G
May 15, 2013 rated it liked it

Dr. Kayleigh Lauderdale is scientist working on a cure for degradation in lab made witches. Shawn Lowe, who is a part of the resistance, is sent to acquire Kayleigh in hopes she will have information that they need. Shawn only wants revenge for his parents’ murder. Shawn hold Kayleigh’s father responsible. He poses as her security, and gets far more than he bargained for when he kidnaps her.

One for the Wicked is the last book in the Dark Mission series. It switches between Kayleigh and
Chelsea
Mar 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: magic, uf-pnr
This review was originally posted at Vampire Book Club.

Throughout the Dark Mission series Karina Cooper has thrown together enemies and made them into lovers. It’s part of what always appeals to me about these books. Each novel has a constant push and pull: lies versus truth, love versus hate, pain versus ecstasy. The final book One for the Wicked gathers all these elements and exhales them in a miasma of hidden truths, long-desired revenge and unbidden attraction.

Basically, One for the Wicked i
Michelle Leah Olson
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Michelle L. Olson:
*eARC provided by Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review

Oh Karina, way to go out with a bang! So intense, so HOT, so...absolutely amazing!! While I am super sad to see the series end, I am beyond honored to have been able to enjoy the ride, and thank you for leaving us all with this epic piece of your imagination. :)

So, how to sum up for those reading this review who have yet to take the DARK MISSION plunge? The series is set
Jody
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Karina Cooper's Dark Mission series comes to an end with One for the Wicked, a fast-paced and emotionally conflicted paranormal story. The world is still on the edge of oblivion as the Church is still waging war against witches and Mother Nature is about ready to shake things up even further. It's up to the underground resistance to make things right and they need the intelligent Dr. Kayleigh Lauderdale to fix what's gone wrong. She doesn't come willingly though as she's been taught that the res ...more
Marian
Apr 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: karina-cooper
What did I think???? Well, I think I need to read the first 4 books in this series now! I didn't know this was a series when I read this book, but it didn't take away from my enjoyment at all. It was written in a fashion that I was easily able to grasp what was happening and follow the story. But I think I would have enjoyed it even more had I read the others first, given the opportunity to get to know some of the other characters and the world they live in.

Synopsis

In this thrilling finale to K
Britt Marczak
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I suppose I should start my review with, "Shawn Lowe is an asshole". But fuck, do I love assholes. (My favorite character in this series is, and always will be, Naomi.)

To be more specific, though, Shawn is the kind of guy who wants to be an asshole, but he can never quite be one. He tries to be a badass (and mostly succeeds), but he's also a bit of a vulnerable man. Kayleigh was the right woman for him, and vice versa.

I warmed up to Kayleigh sooner than I expected to, and really empathized with
My Book Addiction and More MBA
ONE FOR THE WICKED by Karina Cooper is an interesting Paranormal Romance/Science Fiction/Fantasy. #5 in the "Dark Mission" series and the finale.While, "One For the Wicked" may be read as a stand alone, I feel you need to read all four to better understand the characters, and the plot. See "Blood of the Wicked","Lure of the Wicked","No Rest for the Witches(A Novella)","Sacrifice the Wicked",and "Wicked Lies". Follow,Dr. Kayleigh Lauderdale and Shawn Lowe on a journey of love with a bit of betray ...more
 Reading In Pajamas
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One for the Wicked: A Dark Mission Novel by Karina Cooper
Release date: April 30, 2013
Reading In Pajamas - Cori
Rated: 4.5 Stars

REVIEW:
Karina Cooper's Dark Mission series comes to a finale in One for the Wicked. This series is fast-paced, full of drama, action and romance. I picked up this book for review not knowing it was part of a series. I had to go back and read the first 4 books to understand the book. It was worth it. I loved this series and this book was a great finale! The worldbuilding i
Stephanie
Jun 16, 2013 rated it liked it
I didnt think this tied up the series. It was an okay story; not the best in this series. I felt it was a bit all over the place. There were some parts I had to read more than once just to understand it.
Heather
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked the fast paced action and the relationship that developed between Kayleigh and Shawn. But I found there were too many characters for me to keep track of during the main battle. All in all it was a fun read.
Heather Lire
May 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Perfect ending to this series.
Adelais
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really good steamy romance. Good universe and interesting story overall. All characters sounded interesting. I should definitely check the other books from this series.
Vicki
Oct 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. Karina wrapped up the story lines beautifully.
Cathy
Apr 06, 2014
Arshana Monk
Jan 23, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Night Resurrected (Envy Chronicles, #6)
  • A Kiss of Blood (Vamp City, #2)
  • Last Vamp Standing (Vampires of Crimson Bay, #3)
  • To Hell and Back (League of Guardians, #1.5)
  • The Darkness Within (Offspring, #5.5)
  • The Damsel and the Daggerman (Blud, #2.5)
  • Less Than a Gentleman (Historical #2)
  • Kiss of Temptation (Deadly Angels, #3)
  • Skies of Gold (The Ether Chronicles, #5)
  • Five Down
  • Hearts of Shadow (Deadglass, #2)
  • In the Company of Witches (Arcane Shot, #2)
  • Dead Man's Deal (The Asylum Tales, #2)
  • Haunted Wolves (Green Pines, #2)
  • Collision (Buckin' Bull Riders, #2)
  • The Shadow of Mudflap (Foxtrot Team, #1)
  • Rogue Oracle (Oracle, #2)
After writing happily ever afters for all of her friends in school, Karina Cooper eventually grew up (sort of), went to work in the real world (kind of), where she decided that making stuff up was way more fun (true!). She is the author of dark and sexy paranormal romance, steampunk urban fantasy, and writes across multiple genres with mad glee.

One part glamour, one part dork and all imagination,

Dark Mission (5 books)
  • Blood of the Wicked (Dark Mission, #1)
  • Lure of the Wicked (Dark Mission, #2)
  • All Things Wicked (Dark Mission #3)
  • Sacrifice the Wicked (Dark Mission, #4)
“shoulders, “we’re” 0 likes