Start by marking “Band of Demons (The Sanheim Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Band of Demons (The Sanheim Chronicles, #2)

Band of Demons

(The Sanheim Chronicles #2)

The highly anticipated sequel to the Kindle bestseller A Soul to Steal

The past is always at your heels…

Quinn O’Brion and Kate Tassel, two community journalists, tapped into a dark power last Halloween in order to stop a vicious serial killer. But they are still grappling with their new abilities—and wondering if what they unleashed may soon consume them.

While they confront
Published 2012

To ask other readers questions about Band of Demons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Band of Demons

Denise Hodgson
Oct 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Okay...I really liked this. Now, I could say it's because I kind of know the area where it takes place. I could say it's because I got such a kick out of knowing one of the characters (and her background) and was just tickled to see her in the book! But take those things away and I still really enjoyed the book on it's own. The ending...Man! It'll kill me to have to wait too long for book 3!!!
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Oct 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As I finished A Soul to Steal last year I wondered about if the Prince of Sanheim would have any long term effects on Quinn and Kate. , Was just a one-time occurrence or perhaps a situational incident? That question was answered almost immediately. Kate and Quinn are still trying to understand all of what happened to them last Halloween. They also have to defend their work as journalists while constantly being questioned about the details of what really happened to Lord Halloween. The allegation ...more
Rebecca
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Rob Blackwell blew me away last year with his first novel in the Sanheim Chronicles series, A soul to Steal. I can remember reading A Soul to Steal late at night getting totally creeped out by every little noise I heard, but I just could not stop reading because I had to know how it was going to end. Then when I finished I knew I had to continue this series.

I was so excited when Rob contacted me about Band of Demons! As it got closer to the time I was going to start reading it I got the *oh know
Maggie Frank
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed A Soul to Steal and could not wait for the sequel - I was not disappointed! What a wild ride with levels of mythology that are so ingrained throughout Kate and Quinn's ongoing quest to fight the evil in Loudoun County while figuring out what they have become. I really liked the addition of Kieran and every time I thought I had things "figured out" I was happily wrong and blown away! The ending - holy crap - never expected it and now my ONLY complaint is having to wait for #3 ...more
Josh
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I greatly enjoyed the fact that the author wrote this story with only the story in mind. That is, he didn't pander to the whims of the reader. When I got to the end I was PISSED!!! After I calmed down I was able to appreciate the unique style. All too often I read a book and get the impression that the author only did plot point X or Y to satisfy the readers. Mr. Blackwell's approach, while annoying, is refreshingly unique. It's going to be a long wait to see how this series concludes.
Girl on a shelf
Oct 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book! Even better than Soul to Steal--which was amazing. Check this one out!
Tere Fredericks
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Battle is On!

First, I would like to thank Mr. Blackwell for participating in the Kindle Unlimited program so that I could read this second in the Sanheim Chronicles. I read the first one, Souls to Steal, in Dead and Gone, an anthology that is also available from Kindle Unlimited.

This book deals with Quinn and Kate having returned, ready to face the Prince of Sanheim. It begins in September, as Kate and Quinn are coming into their full powers. They are not sure of what they are meant to be,
Kara-karina
Dec 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
4.25/5
It has been a slow start for me with this second novel in the series by Rob Blackwell, and I don't really approve of the change in the covers - they are just too messy, but one third of the book in when all the action started I got really hooked again, and got carried away on an amazing and gripping journey.

The mythology is pretty unique and I love how it expanded in this book, the horror element is also very very strong and Rob is not afraid to kill off some of the characters we had time
Mike
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I finished reading a Soul to Steal about a week or so ago and so I had to move onto the 2nd book in this series because the first was just so well done and suspenseful.
I have to say book 2 didn't disappoint. Although at first when they started out at the psyche ward I was a bit confused but as I kept reading it made more and more sense. This book added a lot of great details and twists that one didn't see coming. After all, generally when you have the "heroes" in a story you expect them to over
Mary
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
The second book in the series was even better than the first book. Thanks Donna for your recommendation. I really enjoyed how the relationships with the main characters was strengthened by their experiences as well as their need to "band" together to fight the new foes and to find out who they really were. Their journey of discovery was amazing to watch unfold.

Spoiler Alert - If you have not read this book - do not read any further

As Mr. Blackwell indicated, when he killed off one of the main ch
Berenice
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading Book 2 of The Sanheim Chronicles. I enjoyed reading this book as much a I did the first. I was sad and cried at the end, poor Kate, I felt her pain of her loss. I hope Kate can find Quinn and save him. I really hope Mr. Blackwell lets Kate find her love and that they be together again. I am HOOKED so I am off to buy Book 3. I hope you readers enjoy these book as much as I did. Happy Reading :)
Andrea Mcbride
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
***SPOILER***
Your killing me here MR Rob Blackwell!!! First Janus now Quinn !!!! How could you! Like I'm just so blown away right now! So many twist ! Is it a dream or reality? You just had to keep guessing ! And the end! OMG! I'm just so anxious to read the next one!!!
Comment | Permalink
Eve Peets
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading Band of Demons.......omg what a book....lots of intrigue,romance,mystery,murder,and love. When is them3rd book coming out. Pore Kate......grieving .........
Stephanie
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My review can be found here: http://beautybrite.com/2012/10/band-o...
Kisha
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Want to read the 3rd. They have to join each other somehow again. I'm thinking they can cross the death issue
Minegirl
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read (listen). Well done Rob. Looking forward to third one on Audible. Any idea when this might be?
Lorraine
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This Series of Books are an AWESOME READ!!

The Sanheim Chronicles are books, you hate to put down, even for a moment!
Epic series, encompassing time from centuries through to modern day.
Book 2 will follow thru to Kate and Quinn, who are not very sure who they can trust. Where epic battles and searching for the truth, of how and what it's all about.
With an epic love story between Kate and Quinn, but will they survive it all?
Guess you'll have to read to find out!!
Me?? I'm off to read book 3!!
Uli Vogel
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked pt.1 better. Felt this volume had way too many dialogs and lenghty parts. Still I'm delving right into pt. 3. Trilogies are trilogies.
Rebecca Graf
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 in a series where two people have found themselves brought together by supernatural powers that could be used for good or bad. They think they have faced the worse, but there is much more horror out there they need to defeat.
I can’t say much more about the plot or there will be spoilers.
This is a paranormal mystery that keeps you guessing. Unlike the first book that had you wondering who the murderer was, this book has you wondering why they are making specific moves. We know who
Leah Speller
Jul 29, 2014 rated it did not like it
The first book was excellent the mystery within kept me turning the pages for more and could not stop thinking about it trying to figure out the mystery. Unfortunately I could not say the same for this one. I felt as if it was over kill like the Halloween movies or rocky movies...like ugg again? really? For the first time in my life I actually stopped reading a book. I always felt that even a bad story is a good read. Now I understand what is meant by "It was a waist of my time."

I understand fo
Stacy Gallina
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Better and better

This series let's getting better. It was intense and you did not know what was going to happen next, who was going to be loyal and who would betray. There were answer to questions from the previous book and then more questions which hopefully will be answered in the next book. I am really looking forward to the conclusion to see what happens and who wins.
cindy hackney
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Again Rob Blackwell had me reading nonstop, don't want to put it, have to see what happens next. This story of Quinn and Kate is brilliant. It's a keep you on edge and shouting "no" I can't believe that just happen and your husband laughing at you. I can't wait to continue to the next book. Thank you Rob for this fantastic series
Julie Donovan
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Better than the first, both books are well worth the read. What you love, fear, hate defines you. Great words in this book and the writers development of each character. I'm going to read the next.
Colleen Reynolds
Dec 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a great Halloween thriller. I didn't realize that it was the second in a series until after I had gotten quite far into the book. It's most definitely a fantasy and kept me guessing. I liked it and may read more in the series.
Katrina
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Better than the first book! 4.5 stars.
Tina
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the story; definite improvement over book 1. Wish the 3rd book was available on audible, though!
Mary
Oct 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Picks up about six months after the end of the first book. Not as many surprising twists and turns, but still interesting and exciting.
Fred Hewett
Jun 19, 2016
Sara Henderson
rated it it was ok
Aug 26, 2015
Mike
Jan 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Force of Attraction (Project Exorcism, #2)
  • Fairy Blues (Songs of Magic, #2)
  • The Sin Eater's Prince
  • Last Vamp Standing (Vampires of Crimson Bay, #3)
  • Haven 6 (A New Dawn, #3)
  • All Hallow's Dead
  • Jacked (Tied With a Bow, #1)
  • Dream Bound (Dream Catchers #1)
  • Hearts of Darkness (Deadglass, #1)
  • To Hell and Back (League of Guardians, #1.5)
  • Collision (Colliding Worlds Trilogy, #1)
  • Player and the Prude (Men of Holsum College, #4)
  • Haunted (A Bridgeton Park Cemetery Book)
  • Her Loving Husband's Curse (Loving Husband, #2)
  • Demonically Tempted (Frostbite, #2)
  • Taking Karre (Divinity Warriors, #4)
  • Creating Fate (Unspun, #1)
  • Dead Hunger (Dead Hunger #1)
Rob is an award-winning journalist with 17 years' experience, and the author of The Sanheim Chronicles and The Soren Chase novels, two series that combine urban fantasy, mystery and suspense.

His first novel, A Soul to Steal, was featured on USA Today and praised by book bloggers and readers alike for its great plot and "fantastic ending." Many of his other books have been Kindle bestsellers.

As a

The Sanheim Chronicles (2 books)
  • A Soul to Steal (The Sanheim Chronicles, #1)
“That’s why I said emotions are the most powerful force in the universe. Emotions are the only things that can defy death.” 0 likes