Start by marking “Ethan Cadfael: The Battle Prince” as Want to Read:

Read Book

Ethan Cadfael: The Battle Prince

When a young warrior-queen stumbles into the ho-hum capital city of Canada, all hell breaks loose.

Ethan Evans, a Carleton University student with everything going for him, stumbles upon the mysterious body of a gravely injured young woman on campus one Hallowe'en. Given to the care of the Ottawa Police and the staff at the Montford hospital, he thinks no more of it.

Until m
Published October 31st 2012 by S.M. Carrière (first published October 31st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Ethan Cadfael, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ethan Cadfael

Eric Desmarais
Dec 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ethan Cadfael: The Battle Prince is the perfect otherworld novel, with enough twist and turns to keep an aficionado of the genre happy. I’d happily recommend this as a “gateway drug” to fantasy novels.

The author weaves convincing character arcs with mythology and wonderful storytelling.

I highly recommend getting this book and devouring it. It’ll leave a smile on your face.
Lynne Page
Apr 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm having a hard time coming to terms with writing a review for this novel.

Perhaps we can start off with the good.

If you're looking for a good adventure novel, without the excess characters and plotlines that leave you with a headache and needing a character guide, then this book is definitely something for you. It is full of action, adventure, and fun.

Half of this book takes place in the real world, right smack in the middle of Ottawa, Ontario. So for someone who lives in Ottawa or simply l
Mfransham
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ethan Cadfael: The Battle Prince

What a joyous, fun read. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and couldn't have asked for a better light hearted romp through Ottawa. Before I go further I will divide my review into two parts. The critical review where I will look at the book from a critical perspective and the expected review where I will look at the book from what I was expecting to read.

Critical Review: From a critical standpoint this book is average. It has a bunch of plot holes and largely one dim
Rob Olsen
Aug 29, 2013 rated it liked it
I reviewed this book for Geek Inked Magazine, here is the summary:

"This book was pretty much a best case scenerio, which is one of the qualities that made it a light, fun read. The only drawback to this is that it left me hungering for the story to go into more depth… but that is the classic drawback of every book that succeeds in the “light, fun read” category. It seems like you can’t have it both ways. All in all, it was a pleasant reading experience and I would definitely like to read the aut
Raeanne G. Roy
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ethan Cadfael the Battle Prince gripped me early on. It is a wonderful tale blending modern day Ottawa with a fantastical other world filled with castles, knights, and warrior women. I thoroughly enjoyed the journey I went on while reading this book.
Bill Eggleton
Dec 10, 2015
Alyssa
Oct 22, 2012
S.M. Carrière
Oct 02, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Kim Coomey
Pamela
Candy
Caroline Toye
Oct 07, 2012
When S.M. Carrière isn't brutally killing your favourite characters, she spends her time teaching martial arts, live streaming video games, and cuddling her cats. In other words, she spends her time teaching others to kill, streaming her digital kills, and cuddling furry murderers.

Author bio helpfully provided by Éric Desmarais.
“Gold is cold, and men who possess much of it are infected with its chill.” 5 likes