Start by marking “To Be Honest” as Want to Read:
To Be Honest

To Be Honest

Fifteen year old Lisi Reynolds likes to fib. Just little ones. What’s wrong with that? Everyone lies, don’t they?

With best friend Josh’s traumatic love life, a shopping-addicted mother and Kai Swanning oblivious to her existence, how else is Lisi supposed to survive, if not with a little truth-stretching?

But when a rare mammatus cloud over the Globe puts Lisi in her dele
Published September 11th 2012 by Autharium.com

To ask other readers questions about To Be Honest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Be Honest

Ally
Oct 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Why I Chose to Read To Be Honest
To Be Honest had just been brought to my attention when I received a challenge in one of my book groups on Goodreads to read a book with 150 pages or less this week. I don’t exactly have many short books to choose from, and this seemed interesting, so I gave it a go.

Relatable Characters & Realistic Setting
To Be Honest is set in Fairmere High School - also known as your stereotypical high school that can be found in all towns around the Western world. Although
Sara Palacios
Oct 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
To Be Honest by Polly Young follows fifteen year old Lisi Reynolds. Like most teenagers, life can never be perfect. Her best friend Josh has a tumultuous love life, her mother is a shop-a-holic and the love of her life, the uber hot and swoon-worthy Chad, doesn’t even know she exists … so she takes matters into her own hands and begins to fib. Albeit small, they are still fibs. So, what’s wrong with that? Well, that all changes when a rare moment presents itself and she finds herself living in a ...more
diana
Nov 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Disclaimer: The copy of the ebook was given to me [by the author] free of charge in exchange for an honest review.

The premise of To Be Honest was something totally new for me, that's why when I was given the chance to read and review it, I jumped right on it.
To Be Honest is a light, fun, and easy read. The book's heroine Lisi Reynold is such an adorable character with an easy-going and sassy personality. Being in the position she was in is no ordinary thing and honestly, I don't know what I wou
Trisha
Oct 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is just a great quick sweet read. The writing is rhythmic and the slang is very easy to roll through.

Lisi is just adorable. Although she has her flaws and she's a little drama sometimes, she is witty and sassy and just all around fun!

Miss Mint (Phoebe) is just...she's pretty cool and it's interesting to see her world through Phoebe's eyes.

Josh is just easy to love as area all of Lisi's friends. And the main love was named Kai in my version and...well, he was just Kai wasn't he??

Just a fun
Danielle
Oct 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
Disclaimer: The copy of this book (in ebook format) was given to me free of charge in exchange for an honest review.

This book, is just so sweet. You can gain knowledge whilst reading this book that you can apply in your daily life. I love this, because it has a touch of "french words" that I love to learn. :)

I didn't intend to read To Be Honest because I'm not familiar with it, to be honest. To be honest, I was bewildered because the copy of the book was given to me for free (imagine, I didn't
Sheli
Nov 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was sent this book to review by the author and really liked the blurb for the book.

The book follows the main character Lisi and the trials and tribulations she suffers as a teenager. She has an unhealthy obsession with her English teacher, Miss Mint, as she thinks that she is perfect and aspires to be exactly like her. After a freak weather event, Lisi find out exactly what it is like to be Miss Mint!

I found the very beginning of the book a little slow, partly because I find it a little diffic
Chan Luo Qi
Oct 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
I liked To Be Honest a lot! For one, it was very realistic and believable. One would think that because this book involved switching of bodies and souls that the book would be kind of unbelievable. But I have to say that this book was the exact opposite. I loved the fact that there was actually a scientific explanation behind the switch – in this case, the Mammatus Clouds.

Mammatus clouds - Pretty, huh!

This book reminds me of Freaky Friday, probably because it is the only other book I've read tha
Melissa
Oct 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading "To Be Honest" by P.J. Young. A story about a teenager named Lisi Reynolds who is fifteen years old. Her best friend Josh has a turbulent love life. Her mother loves to shop and is the enjoyment of her life. The overly hot and very attractive Chad has no idea that Lisi even exists. Lisi decides to start fibbing to get attention. On a field trip with her teacher Miss Mint and her classmates. When something strange happens that causes Miss Mint and Lisi to switch places. T ...more
Jasmine
Oct 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer:I received a free copy from the author for a honest review.I really enjoyed it! I just finished and had to leave a review right away. I could relate to Lis in some ways and connected to the characters.
The thought of being in a teacher's body is thrilling yet terrifying.
It was a short and cute read. I enjoyed the romance between Lis and Kai towards the ending.The ending was perfect conclusion , although I'm reluctant to end the story, I want to read on and find out where Lis ends up.
Bt
Merryn
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book because it was about things that some people just don't think about, such as lying. I got into the plot straight away, and finished in two days! Brilliant book that uses great language that I could very easily relate to. Lots of sentences that used ands and no full stops to convey the frantic mind of Lisi across. Amazing!:)
Kathryn
Oct 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, kindle
I LOVE this book! It tackles difficult subjects like lying and death but in a fun and easy way. It's plot keeps you entwined until the very last page. I couldn't stop reading! It can be confusing at times but I like that in a book. It makes you stop and think about what is happening. I do think some points could have been expanded more but over all I really really love this book!!
Diana Dimovska
Oct 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting teen story. Not the kind of book I usually read though. But still, it was fun and I kindly recommend it to all teen and young adult story lovers. Thanks to the author for sending it to me, it was a pleasure to read your work PJ! :)
Gisbelle
Oct 17, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a fun book! I loved that it. Lisi is sweet and just adorable. I loved how it focused on friendship and family.

Even the book started out a bit difficult to understand, as the story processed, I began to enjoy it more and more.
I'd So Rather Be Reading {Nat}
Oct 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Such a cute story! Review to come,
J. B. Pichelski
Dec 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook, full-critique
I get the feeling that this review may be somewhat unwelcome here. After all, when it comes to consistency with plot, I'm very nitpick-y. However, when I read this book, I couldn't help but shout silently at my phone when reading sections of this book. But I'll get to that in a minute. I'll start from the beginning:

To Be Honest follows the story of a 15-year old girl named Lisi. She's very annoying. This isn't actually a bad comment because I know many 15 year olds who are very annoying and beha
Jalyn
Brief summary
Lisi wants to be just like her teacher Miss Mint. She loves everything about her. Then during a weird storm, Lisi and Miss Mint are suddenly in each other's bodies and they only have 12 days to figure out how to switch back.

What I liked
Lisi's was an interesting character and I liked the idea behind this book. Can you imagine suddenly being in someone else's body? I like how mature Lisi became when she was in Miss Mint's body and how she realized that it's not easy to be an adult.

Wh
Pang
Oct 24, 2012 rated it liked it
This book is cute! Read it, that is all. :)
Sakna
May 14, 2016
Kara
Oct 07, 2012
Ley
Lisa
Caitlin
P.J. Young
Oct 17, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Dani
Jun 11, 2015
Beiza
added it
Nov 09, 2015
Crazy for Young A...: SPOOKY GIVEAWAY: To Be Honest by P.J. Young 2 24 Oct 28, 2012 03:55PM
I was born thirty four years ago in sleepy Portsmouth* in the UK and learnt to read in 1982 when the best books around were ‘Holiday at the Dew Drop Inn’, ‘Malory Towers’ and ‘I Capture the Castle’. After getting over my initial awe of the concept of puns, sitting in the kitchen sink and the contents of boarding school tuck boxes in the 1940s, I started writing my own books, which usually focused ...more