Start by marking “Highland Healer (Highland Talents, #1)” as Want to Read:
Highland Healer (Highland Talents, #1)

Highland Healer

(Highland Talents #1)

He needs her for his clan.
He wants her for himself.
Can he have both?

Toran Lathan never expected to become Laird, and never expected to meet a woman like Aileanna Shaw. Her healing ability is just what his people need, but Toran cannot resist her beauty. Yet will loving him destroy her ability to heal?

Aileanna Shaw has a healing touch - and a special talent she must keep
Paperback, First Edition, 332 pages
Published January 4th 2013 by The Wild Rose Press (first published October 2nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Highland Healer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Healer

Laura Kaye
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars - I've been on a Highlander kick lately and this one didn't disappoint. Great sexual tension and chemistry, a lot of fun and suspenseful action, plus the additional bonus of the heroine having a touching of paranormal ability. Toran is an incredibly compelling hero, Aileanna was a strong and likable heroine, and lots of interesting secondary characters (loved Senga) rounded out the story. I didn't fully get Ailenna's reaction to Toran toward the end (vague so as to not spoil), so that ...more
Maria11
Ok

It was an ok story. Very predictable. Writing was good, but just didn't light my fire. No Jamie Fraser here.
✨ Gramy ✨
The title leads the reader to believe that the storyline is about a healer, but this book focuses more on a formulaic romance tale set in Scotland, rather than healing. However, there was very little pride in the land. It had such great potential. The heroine demonstrated stupidity and put the entire clan in danger as a direct result of her poor choices. She can't claim ignorance since she had personal experience with the cruelty of the villain in the past and knew precisely the type of harm he
Dariel Raye
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aileana is an exceptional healer, capable of bringing people back from the brink of death. Orphaned at an early age and eventually captured by Colbridge, a brutal dictator, Aileana has spent 2 years using her “talents” to keep Colbridge’s army strong. When Toran, a laird in his own right, is captured by Colbridge and taken to Aileana for healing, she is immediately drawn to him.

The tension between Aileana and Toran is obvious from the moment she comes in contact with him. Blair leaves no doubt t
Ronda  Tutt
Heartwarming!

My heart has been swept away in this heartwarming Highland story. The visionary words had me picturing myself amongst the clans themselves within the mountains behind their keep. The characters Toran and Aileanna chemistry sizzled between each other and their sweet nothing teasing whispers had me grinning and laughing at how hot the scenes were. I read this smooth writing story within a day and couldn’t believe I was done so quickly, this was one of those stories I wanted to last fo
Hollie

what an unexpected surprise. the story was intense throughout and I adored the characters. Well executed read.
Ln Winchester
Pretty good story until one big, unforgivable blunder.

The Highlands Healer is exactly what you'd ecology, a formulaic historical romance story set in Scotland. I have bio problem with that. While it doesn't break any new ground - they must learn to love and trust each other under difficult circumstances - it at least was believable within those rival guidelines. He is "massive", muscley, gorgeous and mysteriously sun tanned (in Scotland? Okay then), she is bewitchingly beautiful yet miraculously
Trish R.
OK..

This was an OK read because it really did drag sometimes. I think Aileana’s healing ability was pretty cool but when she wasn’t healing someone the story kind of dragged. Plus, I just knew she was going to do something that would give her the TSTL award. I mean, how could anyone believe anything Colridge had to say? Between the drag of the story and her TSTL moment I had a very hard time with this book.

I did like the secondary characters, though: Senga, Elspie, Jamie, Angus, Ranald and Dona
Romancing the Book
Mar 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, romance
Reviewed by Bri
Book provided by the publisher for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

Highland Healer was a great Highland novel with original and pleasantly placed areas of paranormal elements. This novel had so many subplots that added to the original story. Willa did a great job maintaining the integrity of the main story while using the multitude of secondary characters to move it forward.

Usually in a Highland novel the hero is often times an extreme alpha male that “seduces”
Riley
Very enjoyable Highland adventure! The romance of Toran and Aileanna is complicated, set against a background of war brought to the Highlands by a ruthless warmonger. At the beginning of the story, Aileanna is a captive healer to the warlord Colbridge. Toran, injured by Colbridge in battle, is healed by Aileanna when he becomes a prisoner also. When Toran's men effect escape, Aileanna is take back to Toran's keep.

Toran and Aileanna are attracted to each other, but there are many things standing
Nancy
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-romance

It’s a quick and enjoyable read, very well written for the lover of Scottish clan novels, and I give it a very strong four stars. Willa Blair neatly deals with the potential repercussions of her heroine being branded a witch, without going into detail that would draw Aileana into that category. Aileana’s special powers are used sensitively and judiciously in Highland Healer. Utilising the paranormal aspects of the novel Willa Blair gives the reader a glimpse of the anatomical and physiological k
Sasha Summers
Nov 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'm one of those readers that enjoys a rich Highland based historical romance now and then. And Highland Healer delivered. With vivid characters, authentic prose, and a dash of magic - the romance between Aileanna and Toran was both sensual and sincere. Another plus, there are plenty of interesting secondary characters. We can hope this won't be the only adventure on the highlands for Willa Blair.
Tara West
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story! I'm a sucker for any romance where the heroes are in kilts. This has just the right amount of paranormal aspect with Aileanna's talents, but I have to say that it's Toran who won me over. What a stud! The love scenes were written so beautifully. I just wanted to melt in Toran's arms. I'm on to the next in the series now. I hope the next hero is as amazing as Toran. Mmmmmmm.
Kathie (katmom)
Feb 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free-downloads
I got this free in November and just found it now on my Kindle and spent a very enjoyable couple of hours reading about Toran and Aileanna.

Aileanna's skills, "talent," as a healer is something that I haven't read before. Added a touch of the paranormal to this read.

The spark between Toran and Aileanna was a joy to read.

I look forward to more from this author.
Deb
Love story between a Laird and a Healer, with interesting abilities and great compassion <3
BigComfyChairBookReviews
Some Potential Was Lost
Ugh. I really wanted to like this book…It had such potential. The overall story was good and just the kind I love. But, it felt like I was reading an author’s first attempt at writing a novel. There were key points to why a character was a certain way introduced at 90% of the way in. What is the point? There were also some continuity errors. For instance, (view spoiler)
Drako
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been meaning to read this for a while. I had gotten it a while back and it got lost in the mountain of books in my kindle currently. But now I've finally gotten to it and I'm quite pleased.

So the story starts off with our healer, Aileana, in the camp of a warlord by the name of Colbridge. As the story opens, she's brought a prisoner to heal with her mystical gifts. This guest is a laird, presumed to be of the area they just attacked. And here we have our love interest for this story. The la
Katie
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stealing a woman's heart has never been so dangerous.

Never expecting to be a lord, Toran is thrown into a world of trouble. His clan needs a healer, but the one he finds is far too tempting and taking her could ruin her healing touch forever. Aileanna has a healing touch and special talent that must be kept secret. Kidnapped by a marauding army she fears not only for her power, but her heart. Can Aileanna trust Toran with her secrets?

This story is action-packed and full of twists and turns that
Tracy Emro
This story was OK. I didn't love it but neither did I hate it.

I am not 100% sure, but I believe this was a debut effort and it shows in the writing. There must have been some scenes that didn't make the final edit, but dialogue later doesn't reflect those edits. There were quite a few scenes that I read and said "whoa, when did that happen?" Being the compulsive freak that I am, I had to then scan back through the book to see where I missed these revelations, only to find that I hadn't missed t
Trisha
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: signed-by-author
I had the pleasure to meet Willa Blair several weeks ago. Willa Blair is one of many authors I got to meet that I will be reading and reviewing. Aileanna Shaw is a healer forced for the pasted two years to follow Colbridge. Toran Lathan is taken to her tent to be healed after being captured in a battle. When a chance to escape comes Toran takes Aileanna to his Aerie in the mountain's. Aileanna has a hard time trusting what Toran says after being around Colbridge for so long. I really liked this ...more
Marta Cox
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't often read historical novels but am not averse to a bit of romance and whilst I tend to prefer paranormal or futuristic I found this book to be thoroughly enjoyable.
It's a gentle even sweet love story about laird Toran and his relationship with Aileana set in the highlands. A time of hardship and war. Aileana has the gift of healing and had been held captive by Colbridge a hard cruel warlord seeking to conquer. Her rescue by Toran and subsequent adventures with him make for an interestin
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Highland Healer is the debut novel by Willa Blair. It tells the tale of Alieanna and Toran. She is a healer and he is a laird, caught up in a battle of the Highlands and both held captive.

Alieanna is a strong character, who has had to deal with things in her own way due to her Talent. Toran is a young man who wasn't expecting to become laird but has done everything in his power to take to his new role and make it his.

The secondary characters in this book are fantastic too. I loved Senga, Donal a
Nicole Laverdure
Captivating
What a beautiful Scottish romance, that Willa Blair wrote. I found HIGHLAND HEALER, of her Highland Talents series, so captivating! I loved her two main characters Toran, a Highland Laird and Aileana, a healer. As soon, as I started to read it, I got trapped into her story, the plot was well developed and the characters nicely blended into her story. Ms. Blair is a very descriptive writer; she did a nice job describing the life for that period of time in Scotland. It's a fast paced a
Staclana
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
****** Fabulous Debut********
Willa Blair, makes the Highlands come to life in this medieval Historical Romance. Highland Healer had a little bit of everything I want in a Scottish Romance, sexy hot lard, strong beautiful female character's and they are all so sweet and respectful of their new lady although it takes her a while to know it herself.. You got a few evil villains a little magic, mystery and beautiful romance, you will love Toran he is so sweet to Aileana it's a love to be dreamt of!
♥ Joy Joy ♥
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a huge historical romance fan, but I do have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this book and look forward to continuing the series.

I liked how the author was able to have you in the battle and time era without having it become tedious. Many historical romances I've tried to read in the past tend to lose me due to the overabundance of descriptive words trying to describe the past.

There were a few parts I thought dragged a little, but they were brief enough I could easily keep immersed in the stor
My Book Addiction and More MBA
HIGHLAND HEALER by Willa Blair is an interesting Scottish historical romance with paranormal elements. Fast paced with strong characters and an intriguing plot. Highlander Laird, Toran Lathan and Aileanna Shaw, a healer find danger,a battle with a lowland army,passion,secrets, a kidnapping, romance,and love. A quick read filled with adventure and love. Received for an honest review from the publisher.
RATING: 4.5
HEAT RATING: MILD
REVIEWED BY: AprilR,My Book Addiction and More/My Book Addiction Rev
Adetia
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazon-freebies
Given that I'm prone to really liking historical romance set in this period, I have to say this debut story by Willa Blair certainly did not disappoint! A nicely developed tale with an interesting skew focused on the heroine's ability to heal. My only complaint was that I wanted this book to go on for hundreds more pages.... I can certainly see how this will lend itself to becoming a series in which we revisit the clan. I will definitely be watching for more books for this author!
Karla Brandenburg
Nov 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Caught between a rapacious war lord and a highland laird, healer Aileanna has to look out for her own best interests as a talented healer. Should she stay with the evil man who has protected her for the past two years, or trust the highlander who treats her with the respect and deference she deserves?

I liked it. The characters were strong enough to hold my attention and their motives were believable. If you love a Scottish historical (as I do), this is worth the read.
Jolene
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
If you have a longing to visit the Highlands of Scotland but don't have it in the budget or maybe your lacking the working time machine you have to read this book. With lines such as "A chill breeze laden with the remnants of morning mist swirled in the shade under the tree where guards had tied Toran." you will be pulled into the wild hills and clans of old.
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

The story concentrates largely on the men and the war between them until about midway when the pace and excitement quicken.

Full review in April 2013 issue of InD'tale Magazine.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Knight To Desire (The Brotherhood of the Scottish Templars, #3)
  • Highland Barbarian (Highlander, #1)
  • Unwilling (The MacLauchlans, #2)
  • Highland Vengeance (Highlands Trilogy, #1)
  • Celtic Skies (Celtic Steel, #3)
  • Highland Dragon
  • The Raven's Wish (Scottish Clans, #3)
  • Highland Song (The Highland Brides, #4.5)
  • Demon Laird (Legacy of the Mist Clans, #2)
  • A Highlander for the Holidays
  • Possessed by the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #3)
  • The Devil of Kilmartin (Kilmartin Glen, #1)
  • The Highlander's Sword (Highlander #1)
  • Devil Black
  • The Highlander's Desire (Highlander Brothers, #2)
  • Warrior of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #2)
  • Plead Forgiveness (Loyalty, #1)
Willa Blair is an Award-winning Amazon and Barnes & Noble #1 Bestselling author of Scottish Historical, light Paranormal, and Contemporary romance. She has been featured on and contributes to USAToday’s Happy Ever After romance blog, Savvy Authors, Romance University, and more.

Her books have won numerous honors, including the Marlene, the Merritt, National Readers’ Choice Award Finalist, The R

Highland Talents (3 books)
  • Highland Seer (Highland Talents, #2)
  • Highland Troth (Highland Talents, #3)
“Aye, we are. Ye told me that ye loved me, and that this is where ye wished to be. I told ye that I wished for ye to remain here with me. I offered a betrothal, if ye’ll recall, when ye were ready. But I neglected to tell ye the most important thing before our passions overtook us yesterday. I love ye, too, Aileana. I never want to lose ye again. I want ye beside me, always.” 3 likes
“I pronounce ye married, laird and lady. No’ ’til death will ye part. And now, Toran,” he added with a wink, “ye may kiss the bride.” 3 likes