Start by marking “Skinny Dipping in Daylight” as Want to Read:
Skinny Dipping in Daylight

Skinny Dipping in Daylight

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  34 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Skinny Dipping in Daylight is the first published collection of poetry and prose from painter, filmmaker and musician Cory Basil. Offering readers an intimate and unvarnished view, revealing the experiences and fractures of a young artist in the forge of life.

At once subjective and universal, Daylight exposes the tenderizing drum beats of lives in motion: heartbreak, hope
Published December 4th 2012 by Fog Ink Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Skinny Dipping in Daylight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skinny Dipping in Daylight

Amy Neftzger
Oct 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
I actually finished this book last week, but was waiting to write my review on my blog ... but that will take another week before I have time for the more extensive review. So here's the short version:

The poems in this book are very lyrical and poignant. There's a beauty to the flow of words and the structure of each composition supports the content like a well told story. Not every poem will appeal to everyone reading this book, but that only displays the diversity of the content. It's full of
April
I received a free copy of this book through Goodreads First Reads!

I was not sure what to expect at first. But once I started reading I could not stop. It is a great mix of deep poems and witty fun ones. On the fun side I loved the Van Gogh's to-do-list!

The thing that fist caught my eye was the title! Love it!

A few of my favorite poems in random order: Dare I Write It? [I Fear I Must], with scrapbook and tape, and little wooden memory box. I really great collection I must say! The short snippets
Margaryta
May 06, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss
A big thank you to Fog Ink for providing me with a copy of the book to read, it was an emotional and unexpected journey which I’m so glad to have embarked upon and come out of enlightened.

“Skinny Dipping in the Daylight” isn’t what I expected it to be. Even with the summary which was written on Edelweiss it’s safe to say that the true depth and power of the book can only be experienced once you pick it up. The book is a personal memoir, in a sense, of author Cory Basil, mostly consisting of his
Brandi Hamilton
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I lost sleep because I could not put this down. I have such a deep admiration for Cory's honesty and raw emotional exposure; it takes a level of courage that most of us lack. Nicely done, Mr. Basil... I look forward to more.
Mei .
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is like a river.
Runs deep at some point, flows calmly, then raging next.
Emotions flows deep and raw, the title says it all.
Thoughts so depressing, I felt I need to take a break from reading. Can't. Stop.

Words are so eloquently expressed. Not every pieces appeal to me but there's always something for everyone. I love that with some poems, he would indicate the date, time and his state of mind when he is writing it. It puts things in perspective. I could almost imagine the scenes in my h
Donald Armfield
Nov 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry, ebooks-kindle
This book is not 500 pages and not what I thought it would be. I received my copy from edelweiss which is a free ebook site in exchange for review.

Skinny Dipping in the Daylight, the title caught my eye and my sick mind played a part of what I thought the book would do. Love, un-loved, divorce and dillema. Pretty much sums up the writing style. Others may hold this book up to a wonderful read, but my cup of tea needs more sugar.
Mandi Smith
Nov 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Bravo, cB! This book of poetry and prose had me entranced from cover to cover. It's on the shelf right next to some of my all-time favorite poets/writers.
Joie Fuller
Nov 30, 2014
Kristen M
May 31, 2015
  • Jimmy Stu Lives!
  • The Doomsday Survival Handbook: A Bucket List for Every Conceivable Apocalypse
  • Two Out of Three (Meagan Maloney Mystery, #1)
  • Western Winter Wedding Bells
  • Quests of Shadowind: Sky Shifter (Young Adult Series - Book 1)
  • New Queer Cinema: The Director's Cut
  • Gangsterland (Ink Portal Adventure #1)
  • I Saw Zombies Eating Santa Claus: A Breathers Christmas Carol
  • Hiding Out at the Pancake Palace
  • The Devil Made Me Do It
  • The Reenactments
  • Smart Chefs Stay Slim: Lessons in Eating and Living from America's Best Chefs
  • Kanji-Kan (Puzzle Book 1)
  • The Fine Print of Self-Publishing
  • Dayclean
  • The Tale of Mally Biddle
  • The Grief Performance
  • Run, Clarissa, Run
Cory Basil is an American author, painter and filmmaker. Blending gothic romanticism with modern poetic rhythm, Basil's poems trust emotional honesty over the dubious truths to be gleaned from appearances. This philosophy also reigns in his paintings, where he conjures with a renaissance artist's reverence for colour and light, revealing the soul of a baroque spectacle.

Raised in Phoenix, Ariz., Ba
More about Cory Basil
“Life is too short to try and glue together broken plates that were cheap in the first place.” 31 likes
“Sometimes the silence is the loudest thing in the room.” 13 likes