Start by marking “Fangs for Nothing” as Want to Read:
Fangs for Nothing

Read Book

Fangs for Nothing

Not everyone who gets turned into a vampire becomes a sexy rock star.

At twenty-seven, Vincent Lester still looks seventeen, acne and all. He lives in his parents' basement, playing PlayStation and barely surviving by licking the blood off raw hamburger trays. His parents nag him to find a day job, but he's afraid the sun will make him burst into flame.

One night at the bar,
Published October 1st 2012 by Sam's Dot Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fangs for Nothing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fangs for Nothing

Start your review of Fangs for Nothing
Shelves: ebook
Book Info: Genre: Urban Fantasy, Humorous
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: Everyone.

Disclosure: I received a free ARC ebook edition of this title from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis: Not everyone who gets turned into a vampire becomes a sexy rock star.

Kristine
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fun People
If you enjoy angst-ridden tales of forbidden teenage love and desire to caress pale, marble skin sparkling in the sun, you probably will not enjoy this book. If you sigh longingly at the immortal pain of the sexy, brooding vampire Lestat, you will not like this book. And you know what? We probably won't like you either. However, if you enjoy the humor of Tom Holt and Robert Rankin YOU WILL enjoy this book. Fangs for Nothing is darkly humorous with many unexpected surprises, nerdy pop culture ref ...more
Rachel Eliason
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
I met this author at a sci-fi con. I asked him what he wrote and he said, "weird stuff." That's definitely true but it's also laugh out loud funny weird stuff.
Fangs for Nothing follows the life of Vinny, a twenty seven year old vampire who was turned at seventeen and has to spend all eternity in late adolescent awkwardness and acne. At the start of the story he's living in his parent's basement and barely surviving on the blood dripping off raw hamburger.
The story of Vinny's belated entrance int
Marcella Wigg
In my quest to find funny escapist reads that I, a person who generally doesn't read paranormal/fantasy, would enjoy, I read the synopsis for Fangs for Nothing and thought it might be the book for me. It seemed so promising: ten years after an unfortunate encounter with an older woman he met in a diver bar led to his conversion to vampirism, twenty-seven-year-old Vinny still lives in his parents' basement, avoiding sunlight and his parents' exhortations to find a job and surviving off of raw ham ...more
Stacie
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shannon Ryan is an unusual author. He is abnormal in a very good way. His books differ from “ordinary” books in two ways: 1. His storyline is highly imaginative and unexpected. 2. His writing style is uncommonly good. This take on vampires was fresh and witty.
Fangs For Nothing is a tale of a seventeen year old boy, Vinny, who tells his parents that he suffers from a sunlight allergy to avoid telling them the truth—that some hot woman at the bar turned him into a vampire. He lives in his parents
Angie Lisle
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Tongue in cheek, anti-romantic vamp novella. Highly recommended for fans of paranormal chick lit, even though the main character is a male vampire who just happens to be a cross-dresser because the only job he can find that works around his "sunlight allergy" involves makeup. There's a few editorial mishaps, but the humor makes up for them. I look forward to a sequel.

I won a free copy of this book from LibraryThing in exchange for a review.
Crystal Hutchinson
Dec 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
This is a homerun of a vampire book! I thoroughly enjoyed this young adult novel, and found it to be appropriate for public and school libraries. The character development was well established and the setting was entertaining. The concept of an unattractive, weak vampire is a new and creative idea, and the plot was a real page turner. I read the whole book, in a day, and I enjoyed every minute of it.
Catherine Schaff-Stump
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This irreverent vampire story makes fun of many vampire tropes, and mixes them with an absurdity and slapstick that turn the book into a unique undead farce.

Yeah, that was wordy, but I'm going with it.

I'm going to give this book a high recommendation. Just don't go in expecting any Brahm Stoker or Anne Rice. Or rather, do, but expect them to be well lampooned.
Aimee
Dec 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Hilarious as I have come to expect from Ryan's books. I love all the ridiculous situations that Vinny finds himself in and how he finally grows a bit of a spine for his friends at the end. Very fun to read!
Mark
Oct 31, 2014
Jolene Buchheit
Nov 22, 2015
Shannon Ryan
Apr 20, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jennifer Bradshaw