Start by marking “Paleo Lunches and Breakfasts On the Go: The Solution to Gluten-Free Eating All Day Long with Delicious, Easy and Portable Primal Meals” as Want to Read:

Lunch and breakfast are often the hardest meals to eat without busting your Paleo, gluten-free diet, especially when most recipes call for gluten, processed oils, sliced bread or sandwich buns.

Diana Rodgers, a nutritional therapist and Paleo community activist, solves the problem with Paleo Lunches and Breakfasts On the Go, containing 100 easy and delicious packab
Published August 6th 2013 by Page Street Publishing (first published July 16th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Paleo Lunches and Breakfasts On the Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paleo Lunches and Breakfasts On the Go

Start your review of Paleo Lunches and Breakfasts On the Go: The Solution to Gluten-Free Eating All Day Long with Delicious, Easy and Portable Primal Meals
Jen
Feb 09, 2019 rated it liked it
While it contains a lot of useful tips and ideas to eat Paleo, only a handful of recipes will be going into my arsenal.
Beth Kakuma-Depew
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Okay, some of these recipes seem super-obvious to me, like the soups and the wraps. The breakfast section looked the most interesting, and there's a recipe for rosemary crackers I will try soon. The color photos on glossy paper were lovely and the book opens easily to middle pages, nice and flat, thanks to a sewn binding. Most of the flour replacements use coconut flour and tapioca starch, which I like since I'm not a fan of rice flour.

Christina
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Exactly what I needed, great info!
Thomasin
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Some good food ideas here!
Apr 09, 2018 rated it liked it
This book has some pretty delicious-looking recipes. The lunch options seem both easy and unique.

The author does a good job of making this way of eating seem approachable-- she explains her work history and her current family situation, so it does seem like she's a "real person" and not some independently wealthy individual who can spend 6 hours a day on cooking. She contradicts herself, however, in trying to make the book the one-stop-shop for too many different kinds of Paleo eater
Heidi Kuchta
Nov 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookery
This book has suddenly inspired me out of my cooking rut, which is no small feat. Most cookbooks really turn me off by seeming too fussy, too 'hip,' or too wordy without enough pictures. (I need to SEE the end result of what I am trying to make - I really do.) By no means am I a part of this paleo lifestyle the kids are talking about these days, but I do aim to avoid sugar and starches when I cook at home. Vegan, vegetarian, and "classic" cookbooks have historically been my main sources of food ...more
Palimpest Living
Jul 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
This book has some clear strong points, and a few areas that left me disappointed. It contains some delicious sounding recipes (I can’t wait to try to unique sausage recipes in particular), covers the basics (such as mayonnaise and salad dressing), and clearly addresses the portability, re-heat-ability, etc. of each recipe (appropriate, considering that they’re all intended to be feasible for work and school days).

It’s worth noting that that author is okay with using the microwave, something I
Vonze
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, cookbook
So, my husband has decided that he wants to go Paleo. He picked this book out, knowing that we didn't have many lunch and breakfast options for him. But guess who gets to create these recipes for him? Yup, your's truly. So I read the book.

Overall, I dunno if I would describe a lot of the recipes as quick. A lot of the lunch items call for your own homemade Paleo mayo or salad dressing, on top of cooking a whole chicken, something as a Paleo starter, we're not used to doing. For me, i
Lisa
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
there was nothing that i wanted to make and giving it two stars i being nice. Ok so I got this again because I have an auto immune disease and I have read that Paleo can help. At the front of the book the author talks about her paleo experience and different aspects of the diet. That is what the extra 2 stars is for. I did find one or two things that I would attempt to make. There were a few things that maybe I would not make but I would eat if it was made for me. I did like that it made me more ...more
Iowa City Public Library
From Heidi K.:

I have used this cookbook the longest and can vouch for the deliciousness of many recipes herein! I love the egg muffin recipe for making ahead for quick breakfasts. My favorite salad recipe in this book is the Wild Tuna, Orange, and Parsley Salad. Runner up favorite recipe is the simple and amazing Chicken, Celeriac, and Mustard Salad Wrap. I had never previously eaten celeriac (celery root), and now I consider it my favorite slaw veggie! The coconut crepe recipe in th
Kerry
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a great cookbook! Like any Paleo diet cookbook, the introduction can be a little preachy with the "why you should be eating Paleo", and while all natural, pasture raised eggs & meat are more humane than factory farmed, I can't help but assume it's simply not affordable for everyone all the time. However, the recipes in this cookbook are great, and the photos look amazing. I bought it on sale at Powell's, and it was well worth what I paid.
Bonnie
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cooking
The recipes got a little to fancy for me. I mean, I'm not afraid of herbs and exotic vegetables, but seriously...there's nothing in this book that I can make with the items I keep in my kitchen. I just want a wrap...That being said, it did give me some ideas of where to go with my own creations. And the pictures are pretty sweet.
Sherri
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
I wasn't abundantly impressed by the recipes in this book. I was looking for portable, but few were actually simple grab and go meal ideas. If you're into the paleo thing, this might be more your speed. It's just not mine.
Diana
Another paleo cookbook with only a few new recipes to try. It seems like there are a lot of repeat dishes in paleo cooking. That being said, I have some new breakfasts to try out, so I'm happy for that.
Bonnie
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Mostly uninspired, plain jane recipes. Many of the wraps were especially boring and obvious with nothing new or interesting to add to the many "classics" it included, (e.g. turkey club, honey mustard chicken). I flipped through it and didn't see anything I was interested in making.
Magic Mary Austin
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I did not think anything Paleo would interest me. Too much tomato sauce in everything. However, this book was full of interesting and tasty breakfast and lunch ideas that were gluten free and delicious.
Narnia
Jan 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Some of the recipes are quite good. However, most of the recipes take some decent prep and/or cook time. There is also use of many ingredients I did not have on hand as they are not called for in most of the rest of my paleo collection. The chicken fennel salad is to die for, FYI!
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Waiting until I try some of the recipes to give this a star rating, but since all of the recipes look absolutely stellar, I'm sure my rating will be no less than 5 stars.
Amy
Jun 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: cooking, food, diet
The recipes are super simple and gave me some fresh ideas for flavor combinations I hadn't thought of. It's good to have more easily portable options for paleo lunches.
Becky
Oct 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Would be more useful for someone who can eat raw vegetables but still had good ideas and things to spark creativity about what to bring for lunches.
Valerie Kraus
Jan 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Some good recipes, I use it occassionally. Not my favorite Paleo cookbook though.
Elizabeth
Nov 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: food-and-recipes
I don't follow a paleo diet, but checked this out of the library for the gluten-free recipes. The wrap recipes and the sauce recipes sound wonderful and I plan to buy a copy to keep at home.
Tara
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
Didn't find much in here that I was interested in making.
BowbytheBay
Jul 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Some helpful information and ideas
Martha Smith
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
This is in my top 5 favorite Paleo cookbooks that I have read to date. The text is engaging and the recipes are delectable. Eating a paleo diet has reversed my autoimmune disease.
Christy
A great book, especially for packing lunches for my husband!!! Easy recipes, great instruction, and overall fun!
Debbie
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ended up buying this one because I loved the recipes so much!
Janet
Jan 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbook
Nothing earth shattering here. Will save just one recipe.
Anna
May 10, 2015 added it
Recipes look interesting, but the author sounds pretentious.
LemontreeLime
Jun 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Lots to try in this one, a keeper!

• Practical Paleo: A Customized Approach to Health and a Whole-Foods Lifestyle
  • The Paleo Slow Cooker: Healthy, Gluten-free Meals the Easy Way
  • Make-Ahead Paleo: Healthy Gluten-, Grain-  Dairy-Free Recipes Ready When  Where You Are
  • Everyday Paleo Around the World: Italian Cuisine: Authentic Recipes Made Gluten-Free
  • The Paleo Approach: Reverse Autoimmune Disease and Heal Your Body
  • The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet
  • The Whole30: The 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom
  • The Paleo Kitchen: Finding Primal Joy in Modern Cooking
  • Wild Mediterranean: The Age-Old, Science-New Plan for a Healthy Gut, with Food You Can Trust
  • Against All Grain: Delectable Paleo Recipes to Eat Well  Feel Great
  • Paleo Comfort Foods: Homestyle Cooking for a Gluten-Free Kitchen
  • 7th Heaven (Women's Murder Club, #7)
  • The Joy of Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Baking: 80 Low-Carb Recipes that Offer Solutions for Celiac Disease, Diabetes, and Weight Loss
  • The Montessori Method
  • The 5th Horseman (Women's Murder Club, #5)
  • Cat and Mouse (Alex Cross, #4)
  • Make it Paleo: Over 200 Grain Free Recipes For Any Occasion