Start by marking “Eye for an Eye (Dewey Andreas, #4)” as Want to Read:
Eye for an Eye (Dewey Andreas, #4)

Eye for an Eye

(Dewey Andreas #4)

Length: 13 hrs and 18 mins

In Ben Coes' latest, Eye for an Eye, Dewey Andreas faces the toughest odds of his life as one of China's most powerful men has decided to do whatever he must to take down Dewey—and inflicts a horrifying loss.

When Dewey uncovers the identity of a mole embedded at a high level in Israel's Mossad, it triggers a larger, more dangerous plot. The mole w
Audio CD
Published July 9th 2013 by Macmillan Audio

To ask other readers questions about Eye for an Eye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eye for an Eye

Start your review of Eye for an Eye (Dewey Andreas, #4)
Frances
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourite-books
Ben Coes has written an electrifying spy thriller that keeps you glued to every page and just doesn’t let up. Dewey Andreas, a former delta force member who works for the CIA, goes rogue on a personal mission of revenge to eliminate top officials within China’s government by any means possible. There is ample heart pounding action throughout this fascinating and superb novel. The best spy thriller read in 2015, and is easily in my top reads ever! Highly recommended!
Sean Peters
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say, another Ben Coes novel finished, another dose of Dewey Andreas !

Another epic story, but this one does get personal !

This story really if fast paced from the start, especially as you have a good idea of whats to follow.

This is an electrifying spy thriller that keeps you glued to every page and just doesn’t let up
Matt
Oct 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Coes entertains everyone with one of his best books to date. Dewey Andreas is back for another instalment of thrills and excitement, all while remaining covert and travelling under the radar. When Dewey learns of a Chinese mole within Mossad, he outs the man, and the Chinese receive a kick in the teeth, espionage-style. Upon learning of Dewey's antics, China delivers their own version of the fatwa, calling for the death of Dewey Andreas at any cost. When disaster strikes Dewey's personal life as ...more
Jacqui
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller-mystery
Ben Coes' latest Dewey Andreas thriller, "Eye for an Eye" (St. Martin's Press 2013) is the best in the series. With each book, Coes proves why his name belongs with the likes of Brad Thor, Vince Flynn (such sorrow over his recent death), and Ted Bell (I wish he'd get another book out there) rather than the new guy on the thriller block.

This is a heart-wrenching story filled with action, violence, clever deductions--everything we've come to expect from Coes' Andreas series. But, in this one, we g
Paul
Eye for an Eye – Brilliant hits the target.

Eye for an Eye by Ben Coes has on its jacket from the publishers some very big statements made about it. Calling the hero, Dewey Andreas, a hero like no other, comparing him to Bourne, Bond or Jack Reacher and calling them out. When you think of an all American hero you think of some steroid muscle bound klutz at best, John McClane or Rambo at worst.

As you read the book you are taken aback by the pace, the action of the book so much so you could use ev
Pamela
WHAT A ROLLER COASTER THRILL OF A RIDE!

I usually ONLY give 5* to literary works, but Ben Coes gets it from me:

COMPELLING CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT! Dewey Andreas, the protagonist, is a tragic character with a dark side but also with a macho, heroic, and very appealing softer side. Mr. Coes is exceptional in developing rounded, dynamic characters who thoroughly engage the reader! d

ENTHRALLING PLOT! What a thrill ride! The heightened suspense kept building as Andreas jettisoned the plot at heart raci
Tim
Oct 21, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this story predictable, which led to some boredom at times. Overall, it still held interest for the most part. Coes is not the next Vince Flynn, nor Brad Taylor in my opinion. 5 of 10 stars
Kashif
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eye for an Eye is by far, my favorite Dewey Andreas thriller. This top-notch action thriller contains high octane shootouts and vehicular combat, moments invoking gut wrenching emotions, and a captivating political theater that seems to be derived from authentic, real-world politics of governments.
Eye for an Eye continues the journey of Dewey Andreas, a former Delta operative. As a result of a previous mission, Dewey faces tragic consequences by a high-ranking member in the Chinese government, w
Glen
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fourth book in the Dewey Andreas series. After the events of the last book, the intelligence community sends a grotesque gift to the daughter of the Chinese premier, to goad the head of Chinese intelligence into making a move.

This leads to an ever escalating feud between Andreas and the entire Chinese intelligence community.

Very exciting.
Benjamin Thomas
I've been on-board with this series since the beginning when Power Down was first published a few years ago. That was an eye-opener and marked what I knew would be a fine writing career for Ben Coes, if he chose to stick with it. Four books later I am happy to report that all is well with this series and, in fact, it has somehow managed to improve.

This book is just what a 4th book in an action-thriller series should be. It's not a repeat of the previous novels (i.e. Coes does not succumb to the
Bonnie-ann
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book and another reason (besides Brad Thor) that I am frequently seen with earbuds firmly implanted. When Ben Coes and Brad Thor come out with books on the same day...???? Well, that's just not spreading the wealth out over time !!

In this fourth installment of the Dewey Andreas series, Mr. Coes wraps intrigue, Chinese politics, romance and Dewey's take-no-prisoners approach into one excellent package. I'm doing my usual "no spoiler" review, but Dewey goes on some serious rampages in th
Penney
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Why the hell must a women die as a plot device in every political action mystery to motivate a man for revenge? So tired of it.
Anna Mills
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have never, ever read a thriller, at least not like this one. "Eye for an Eye" by Ben Coes frightened the heck out of me! Does this stuff really go on like I suspect it does? How does the author live with this in his head? And how do I review it without giving away too much?
Let me tell you that there is a different world out there; just turn these pages. Very rapid action, a staccato pace. You need to hold your breath just so you can survive reading the story.
Coes gives just enough detail to
Mike (the Paladin)
Oct 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller, action
Well, this gets the lowest of any Dewy Andreas thriller so far. I have liked the Dewy Andreas character and the adventures he's been "drawn into". Lots of action lots of good characters and plots...all good.

This time we went down a fairly familiar road, a road that can be very bothersome when the character is supposed to be a professional. No it's not a spoiler to tell you that the heart of the plot here is that Dewy in involved in the death of an innocent, one he cares about.

And he loses it. Th
PhobicPrerogative
"You have to be kidding" was my thought when I read the synopsis of this book. I figured the reason for the 'eye for an eye' wouldn't be what I thought it was but alas, it was confirmed some hundred-odd pages later.
(view spoiler)
Randy
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ben Coes has written a racehorse thriller that doesn't let up from beginning to end. Dewey Andreas has been a thorn in the side of enemies of the U.S. worldwide.

His uncovering of a Chinese asset in Mossad angers the head of the Chinese ministry and leads to a death that sets Andreas on a personal mission of revenge. Nothing will stop him, not even financial pressure from China.

The action is unrelenting and the slam-bang finale lives up to the author's growing reputation as a thriller writer par
Donna
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the perfect spy thriller. I enjoyed this SO MUCH!!! It was everything I love about this genre of books. This was perfect. I haven't read any other of Ben Coes' novels, but I plan on reading every last one of them.

I liked the characters. Some of them were trapped in stereotypes, but I enjoyed them none the less. They were like-able. The author came dangerously close to the line of too many characters, but he managed them well and didn't let it all unravel. The story was easy to visualiz
Gretchen Passantino
Sometimes I was confused while reading this book: Did I pick up today's Wall Street Journal or is it the next chapter in Eye for an Eye? If you're uncomfortable w/a spending out of control US govt, & an ever more powerful financial force from China, then you'll be uncomfortable w/the story line in this book. A compelling plot, believable world threats, & main characters you are glad are on the job. If only there were a few Dewey Andreas operatives in real life! ...more
Stuart Murray
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Action,action, action and never a dull moment from start to finish. Plenty of others have included a storyline synopsis so I won't go into that. Bottom line: If you enjoy fast paced thrillers Ben Coes is an author definitely worth checking out. Well done Ben! ...more
Mike
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Dewey Andreas is a great character for this genre of books. The first three Ben Coes books were very entertaining. But, the events of this book were just too incredulous which dampened the story.
Dave
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
A solid five stars. I really enjoyed the book and hope there is another sequel in the works. While fiction, it does make one wonder how much it reflects reality in today's world. ...more
Samuel
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BLINK AND YOU'RE DEAD.

Ben Coes. Looking for a realistic thriller? You've come to the wrong place. From laughable research errors to action sequences which are like an artillery barrage against the laws of physics, do not expect something like Brad Taylor or Stephen England when reading his books. What his Dewey Andreas series does offer however is over the top fun. His work is what would happen if you combine fun factor of Matthew Riley, the writing style of Ernst Hemingway and the politics of
Gordon
"Dewey Don't Diddle... A Pretty Good New Series, No One can Replace Mitch Rapp but a Cast of Authors Help with the Tragedy"

I think Ben Coes' novels have gotten better as they progress as most great characters (except Mitch Rapp, it seems all his books kick-ass lol) don't have the best work in book 1 compared to a book later on when the protagonist has been developed more. It took me a little to get used to a bad-ass named after a library filing system, but the writer does a great job doing what
Protik Das
Aug 02, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The most absurd thriller I have read so far. Who in their right mind targets spouse of US national security advisor for killing? Well, the villain of this book, who is the minister of state security of China, does.

Not only that when team sent by the villain failed to do that, he kept targeting the spouse again and again. After the failing attempt, they targeted him at London. Now coordinated by the Chinese ambassador in London.

When the first attempt failed, the next attempt happened at Lisbon, P
Suspense Magazine
Jul 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Coes is back for another round-world-thriller “Eye for an Eye,” which means more than what you may think. London, Argentina, Lisbon, and China are all included and he races you from one country to the next in an operation spanning both covert and political arenas. The bullets fly and the explosions are huge in this busy tale of revenge.
Covert operative Dewy Andreas helps discover a Chinese mole in Mossad, and thus begins a chess match of deadly proportions. When the Chinese Minister for State Se
Jeffrey
Although Ben Coes resorts to a standard revenge plot to propel “Eye for an Eye", the 4th Dewey Andreas novel, this military action novel is an absolute adrenaline rush.

For pure action packed thrillers, there is nothing standard about the Dewey Andreas series. From a hockey game with the President of the United States, to the plains of Argentina, a party in Europe and an airport China, the action is non-stop.

The United States and its allies have decided to drop the house on Bhang, a leader of Chi
Mike Tueros
Nov 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The most recent of the Dewey Andreas series from Ben Coes, and picking up directly after The Last Refuge left out. A Chinese mole has been discovered in Mossad, and Dewey Andreas delivers the agent to the Israeli government to do what they will. Andreas then heads back to the States and into the waiting arms of his now fiancee, Jessica Tanzer, the National Security leader. As they head out for a romantic trip in South America, the Israeli government decides to brutally murder the mole and delive ...more
Phil
Nov 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, ben-coes
Eye for an Eye (Dewey Andreas, #4) by Ben Coes Ben Coes

Within this entertaining fictional novel you will find answers to international policies by many governments that are going on today.

Agent Dewey Andreas, on respite from the demands of international espionage, is a sought target by China. Dewey escapes death and now becomes the hunter as much as the hunted. Dewey is angry and wants payback... even at the cost of his life.

This is a great addition to the Dewey Andreas Series that I enjoy from author Ben Coes. Packed full of adventure, sus
Kronos Ananthsimha
The political intrigue, emotional chaos and bullet-ridden action mounts the thrills till the deceptive climax. Ben Coes brings back Dewey Andreas for the fourth time in a plot that strikes with the impact of a bullet from a Colt .45 pistol. The brilliantly executed chases, shootouts and explosions are described with true passion. Yet, better points of the plot keep you hooked like a magnet.

Coes had again proven his caliber as a rising superstar in the political espionage thriller genre. He deliv
Nightengail
I won this book from Bookreporter.com and was asked to review it on their site. It is not my usual choice for a subject matter and style of writing. I feel obligated to finish it but I am not enjoying it. It is violent and crude with very little character description or background. It reads like a movie script and I think I would enjoy it more as a movie. But I am not done reading it yet so maybe in the end I will enjoy the story. To be continued....

I finished the book and my opinion did not cha
Flotsam and jetsam I did it began as a slick 1 5 Jun 01, 2015 02:50AM

• Total Power (Mitch Rapp, #19)
  • True Believer (Terminal List, #2)
  • Hunter Killer (Pike Logan #14)
  • Savage Son (Terminal List #3)
  • Near Dark (Scot Harvath #19)
  • One Minute Out (Gray Man, #9)
  • Lethal Agent (Mitch Rapp, #18)
  • The Terminal List (Terminal List, #1)
  • Enemy of Mine (Pike Logan, #3)
  • Without Sanction (Matt Drake #1)
  • One Rough Man (Pike Logan, #1)
  • All Out War (Eric Steele #2)
  • All Necessary Force (Pike Logan, #2)
  • Black Site (Delta Force, #1)
  • The Widow's Strike (Pike Logan, #4)
  • One Killer Force (Delta Force, #4)
  • Tier One Wild (Delta Force, #2)
  • No Fortunate Son (Pike Logan, #7)
Ben Coes is the New York Times bestselling author of international political and espionage thrillers including Power Down, Coup d’État, The Last Refuge, Eye for an Eye, Independence Day, First Strike, Trap the Devil, and Bloody Sunday.

Ben’s books all center on Dewey Andreas, a former U.S. Special Forces soldier who was kicked out of the military after being falsely accused of crimes he did not co

Dewey Andreas (10 books)
  • Power Down (Dewey Andreas, #1)
  • Coup d'Etat (Dewey Andreas, #2)
  • The Last Refuge (Dewey Andreas, #3)
  • Independence Day (Dewey Andreas, #5)
  • First Strike (Dewey Andreas, #6)
  • Trap the Devil (Dewey Andreas, #7)
  • Shooting Gallery (Dewey Andreas, #7.5)
  • Bloody Sunday (Dewey Andreas, #8)
  • The Island