Start by marking “Star Trek Cross-Stitch: Explore Strange New Worlds of Crafting” as Want to Read:
Star Trek Cross-Stitch: Explore Strange New Worlds of Crafting
Preview

Star Trek Cross-Stitch: Explore Strange New Worlds of Crafting

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Live Long and Cross-Stitch!

Ever wondered what Spock would look like on a baby's onesie? Well, now you can see, in this fun collection of thirty cross-stitch projects made with love by Star Trek fans. If you're looking for ideas for putting your favorite character on a tote bag or pillow; or perhaps hanging a lovely framed "Qo'noS Sweet Qo'noS" in the entryway to let everyo
Published May 28th 2013 by Pocket Books/Star Trek

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek Cross-Stitch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek Cross-Stitch

Jessica
This is an awesome book, and not just because it combines 2 of my favorite things. These patterns are a lot of fun, and there's a surprising amount of diversity, too. TOS gets the best representation, but there's plenty here for fans of TNG, DS9, and VOY (ENT gets the shaft, as per usual, but the rest of the book is so great that I can't even be mad about it). Another perk? A Borg cube Christmas ornament! I cannot wait to start stitching these patterns, which will surely put me in a state of gee ...more
Katie
A friend gave this to me over a year ago. I've made 3 projects from it: we've got a small Federation seal in our house, a expendable "red shirt" given to the friend who got me the book, and a DS9 hanging above a friend's baby's crib.

The patterns are quite simple and often novelty, but I'm not sure there's a way to have Star Trek cross stitches not be novelty. It's fun to flip through!
The other Sandy
The patterns all consist entirely of whole stitches (no backstitching, french knots, or other specialty stitches), so they're suitable for beginners. The difficulty rating of each piece is based on how it's finished (framed vs. made into ornaments or pillows or whatever). I don't recommend that beginning stitchers follow the tips on how to cross stitch provided here, though. They're pretty poor, and you can see in some of the included photos of completed projects how sloppy the end result can lo ...more
Frances
The patterns are cute and easy to follow. Most look like they can get finished in a weekend or so (except for the bigger projects, like the ginormous sampler at the end).
Trinity
It is finally here! Mine, all mine! When I found out this book existed, I knew it must be mine.

The patterns are skilled at conveying the images without requiring tremendous detail work. Although I would not recommend the beginning "how to cross stitch" section due to some issues, the instructions with each pattern are intended for beginners.
Jen Johnson
These projects were cute, but I don't know if I'll be making any of them. I really liked the way Lohman took care to explain all steps of the instructions for each piece, that info would be very helpful for beginning to intermediate stitchers and was a thoughtful inclusion.
Caprice Procarione
Caprice Procarione marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Carol Edholm
Carol Edholm marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Sue Hurt Wait
Sue Hurt Wait marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Buran
Buran marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Leather
Leather marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Leah Kirkpatrick
Leah Kirkpatrick marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
かわいい ねこ
かわいい ねこ marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014