Start by marking “Star Trek Cross-Stitch: Explore Strange New Worlds of Crafting” as Want to Read:
Star Trek Cross-Stitch: Explore Strange New Worlds of Crafting

Star Trek Cross-Stitch: Explore Strange New Worlds of Crafting

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Live Long and Cross-Stitch!

Ever wondered what Spock would look like on a baby's onesie? Well, now you can see, in this fun collection of thirty cross-stitch projects made with love by Star Trek fans. If you're looking for ideas for putting your favorite character on a tote bag or pillow; or perhaps hanging a lovely framed "Qo'noS Sweet Qo'noS" in the entryway to let everyo
Published May 28th 2013 by Pocket Books/Star Trek

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek Cross-Stitch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek Cross-Stitch

This is an awesome book, and not just because it combines 2 of my favorite things. These patterns are a lot of fun, and there's a surprising amount of diversity, too. TOS gets the best representation, but there's plenty here for fans of TNG, DS9, and VOY (ENT gets the shaft, as per usual, but the rest of the book is so great that I can't even be mad about it). Another perk? A Borg cube Christmas ornament! I cannot wait to start stitching these patterns, which will surely put me in a state of gee ...more
A friend gave this to me over a year ago. I've made 3 projects from it: we've got a small Federation seal in our house, a expendable "red shirt" given to the friend who got me the book, and a DS9 hanging above a friend's baby's crib.

The patterns are quite simple and often novelty, but I'm not sure there's a way to have Star Trek cross stitches not be novelty. It's fun to flip through!
The other Sandy
The patterns all consist entirely of whole stitches (no backstitching, french knots, or other specialty stitches), so they're suitable for beginners. The difficulty rating of each piece is based on how it's finished (framed vs. made into ornaments or pillows or whatever). I don't recommend that beginning stitchers follow the tips on how to cross stitch provided here, though. They're pretty poor, and you can see in some of the included photos of completed projects how sloppy the end result can lo ...more
The patterns are cute and easy to follow. Most look like they can get finished in a weekend or so (except for the bigger projects, like the ginormous sampler at the end).
Bought this today and have ooh'd and aah'd over ever pattern! Can't wait to buy some more Aida cloth and stitch where no one has stitched before! :)
A number of very easy cross stitch projects, many with a good sense of humor.
It is finally here! Mine, all mine! When I found out this book existed, I knew it must be mine.

The patterns are skilled at conveying the images without requiring tremendous detail work. Although I would not recommend the beginning "how to cross stitch" section due to some issues, the instructions with each pattern are intended for beginners.
Jen Johnson
These projects were cute, but I don't know if I'll be making any of them. I really liked the way Lohman took care to explain all steps of the instructions for each piece, that info would be very helpful for beginning to intermediate stitchers and was a thoughtful inclusion.
Loveblind marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
Lori marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Ashley marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Penguins marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Xa added it
Aug 13, 2015
Ephraim Chaney
Ephraim Chaney marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Sraedi marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Liz Kennedy-midkiff
Liz Kennedy-midkiff marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Mohammed marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Pamela added it
Jun 14, 2015
Caprice Procarione
Caprice Procarione marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Carol Edholm
Carol Edholm marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015