Start by marking “The Stranger (Just One Night, #1.1)” as Want to Read:
The Stranger (Just One Night, #1.1)

The Stranger

(Just One Night #1.1 (included in #1))

This book is no longer sold separately but included in Just One Night.

In this New York Times bestselling erotic enovella trilogy, a buttoned-up businesswoman takes her friend’s advice and has a fling with a stranger on a trip to Vegas—only to find herself under his mysterious, sexy power both in the boardroom and the bedroom.

Kasie Fitzgerald knows who she’s supposed to b
Published January 21st 2013 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about The Stranger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stranger

Jill
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Jill by: Anna & Michelle

There's cheating and then there's CHEATING ....

I'm fairly tolerant about cheating in romances, if there's a credible explanation and the cheater shows remorse. Usually the hero cheats on the heroine or vice versa in a one-nighter in a fit of pique or emotional meltdown, etc. However, here we have the heroine deliberately and continually cheating with the hero, on her boyfriend of six years. And really there was no excuse for this tacky behaviour other than to create a bit of emotiona
~ Becs ~
Kasie Fitzgerald is a good girl. She’s become everything that her parents and her boyfriend expect her to be. She’s been to college, she’s climbing the corporate ladder and she’s about to become engaged to her safe and dependable boyfriend and she is the complete opposite of her wayward sister, much to the smug satisfaction of her parents. She’s living the life she was always expected to live without ever considering her own repressed desires.

Her boyfriend Dave hasn’t proposed but has talked abo
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I have mixed emotions about this book. I was drawn into the story but I didn't enjoy it, if that makes sense. It was the type of story that left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'll start with the positives:

1) Thank F-ing GOD we finally got a sexy billionaire that isn't in his 20s. Thanks to the description of "salt and pepper hair", I'm going to assume he is in his 40s. I wish there were more age details on him though.

2) Robert (sexy billionaire) is a great character, self confident and smart. I'm no
Beatriz
Reto #14 PopSugar 2018: Un libro por un autor de una etnia diferente a la tuya
Me gustó, aunque no era precisamente lo que esperaba. La parte erótica de la novela está bien, pero tampoco es descollante. El principal empeño de la historia es sumergir al lector en el conflicto de Kasie -la protagonista- cuando decide engañar a su pareja sólo una noche y con un desconocido, y cómo ese conflicto emocional alcanza niveles insospechados cuando el supuesto desconocido irrumpe en su vida, descalabrando
Anastasia シ
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Review is posted on my blog
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Dec 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Contemporary Erotic Romance fans
4 Gold Stars – A Sensuous Story about Personal Transformation (This is not another Billionaire story)

“Let's say there was a little girl, and from the time she could understand, she was taught to fear... let's say she was taught to fear daylight. She was taught that it was her enemy, that it would hurt her. And then one sunny day, you ask her to go outside and play and she won't. You can't be angry at her can you?”
– Charles Dickens, Great Expections

First, let me clarify how this is not another b
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
4.5 DAMN, THAT WAS HOT, ANGSTY STARS!

Me while reading this book.....
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Gosh, I just love finding a book that's under the radar that I completely devour in a day. Well, the fact that it's pretty short helped that fact but anyways.... This book delivers a shit-ton of that tug of war push and pull that makes you turn page after page just to get answers

First and foremost, if you're against cheating, this book is NOT for you. It's basically based on an affair......

When Kasie's best friend Simone talks
Lise *friends don't flag*
Damn, this was GOOD

I am not a fan of volume style stories as I hate the wait for the next installment and each volume is so short. Same case with this part one of The Stranger, but this first part was so stinking good, I just hope the momentum holds for the next two installments.

I think for me, there are a few outstanding characteristics of this book; the maturity and intelligence of the H/h, the writing style of the author and the authors voice.

I became emotionally connected and attached
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Dec 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Don't listen to the comparisons to other "series" books. This is fab!
01/14/2013 -- Full Review posted on http://www.2geekgirlsreviewbooks.com
Overall Rating = 4 Stars
Book Cover / Book Blurb = 3 / 5 = 4 Stars
Writer’s Voice = 5 Stars
Character Development = 3.5 Stars
Story Appreciation = 4.5 Stars
Worth the Chili = 4 Stars [$1.99 Amazon or B&N]

As mentioned before, I really liked this book.

On the blog, we are trying out something new. Please check it out. You'll see me rate 5 other recently read books with a brief review. Hope and I were killing ourselves trying to
Pam
Dec 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars
”I’m sensual, I’m commanding, I’ve been touched by a stranger.”

This one totally took me by surprise, I went in thinking about the usual storylines “one night stand”, “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas”, “good girl gone bad” but holy cow, I was not expecting a whole fuckery of things, it just kept on evolving, another new layer being added but not to the point where it’s overly confusing, frustrating, yes but not confusing.

***********************************************

Kasie, plays
Aly is so frigging bored
ARC courtesy of Edelweiss and Poket Books

-1* no condom
-1* cheating
-1* love triangle + winded talks and introspection

Now that I outlined why I gave such a low rating I’ll tell you guys why I still finished the book. I am having finals(it started on Friday) so my bullshit meter is very low in this period of time. I used the novella as a reward for studying, kind of like this: finish a boring chapter and read 2 from the book. It even worked! I, in no way condone or find sexy one night stands with
Letitia
Rating: C ... Heat: Hot

Just One Night, Part 1: The Stranger proves that what happen in Vegas does not always stay in Vegas…

Kasie Fitzgerald is living a very boring and dull life. Her career, her relationships, it is all very safe. She spends so much time striving for perfect that her life has become… uninteresting. But, for one night – and at the urging of her best friend Simone, Kasie decides to let her inner devil loose in Las Vegas.

Where she meets a dark and handsome stranger at a blackjack t

Jill
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Arghhh!! Another cliffhanger and this one is not an easy breezy one!!What is happening?? What is going to happen?? Is Kasie going to be stupid?? Has she come to her senses with this crazy curveball ending??

Okay I will rewind a bit.. Ahem. Okay, calm now.
Hello, I very happily recieved this book, The Stranger, as an Arc from Netgalley. It sounded good and just a little bit different. Different from the usual anyway of this new theme at the moment with the controlling billionare....yada,yada, you
I hate not finishing books but there are so many things I'm not enjoying about this one that I just can't bring myself to carry on reading it.

Kasie was one of the most irritating heroines I've had the displeasure of coming across and I hate the way she is so quick to drop her knickers every time she sees Robert when she already has a fiance who she has been dating for 6 years. Admittedly the fiance is a completely wet blanket but it feels like the author tried to make him as boring as humanly po
Sláinte Wanderlust
"His eyes don't just move over me, they consume me."

Hot hot hot! The chemistry between them was amazing! Straight off the bat i knew i was going to love them together.

"I bend my head and softly bite his shoulder; I suck on his neck, I want to devour him even as he consumes me"

The sex scenes just get better as the book goes on!

"You're a concealed weapon. A pistol hidden inside an Hermes handbag"

Kasie is such an interesting character, i loved her! You can just tell there is so much depth to he
Katie(babs)
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
I didn't realize this was a serial romance! The ending:

funny gifs

OMG I must have the next book now.

One hot read that's not like 50 Shades in any shape or form. A very different type of sexy romances. You can understand fully where the heroine is coming from and why she does the things that she does.

Builds up as an erotic thriller, especially reagrding last few pages and what's to come.
RomanceBookVixen ~ Vianca
Mar 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
HOLY- FUCKING- CLIFFHANGER. Are you serious? Thank GOD I waited for the whole series to be out because I would have been a very unhappy reader. I am desperate to know what happens next with Kasie, Dave, and Robert. This love triangle is killing. Kasie needs to get rid of Dave. There is something about him that i do not like. I have a feeling he is hiding something. He is too perfect and does not allow Kasie to be who she really is. Every time Kasie tries to comes out of her shell. Dave
Sandra
I need to write up my review while the feels are still coursing through me. This was my first exposure to Kyra Davis.

ETA: I also want to point out that whoever compares this to FSoG needs to get their head examined. The steam factor is actually much higher, the sex scenes are described rather well, and there is no abusive asshole in this one, though that's being hinted at for part 2.

I had a metric ton of issues with this book. It's not actually a whole book, to be honest, it's only part of a b
Kenya Wright

I give this 2.5 stars and a grade of C-.

I was really really really excited to read this book. I'd heard it was similar to 50 Shades and the Crossfire Series. Although I am not a fan of the 50 Shades Series, I tend to like books that are described as similar to the series.

Why?

Because the book tends to have three things: Hot Sex, Alpha rich guy, and Intense Relationship.

This book came close but didn't hit the marks for me.

It was well-written and possessed a clear plot line, but in the end it was j
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Dec 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
this review and others at http://totallybookedblog.com/

Gitte: I was so impressed by this novella Jenny, what a surprisingly fab read! I love this Authors style of writing, it’s addictive and I was hooked immediately! The depth of the characters and the way it simmered then suddenly took flight – flawless! This was a refreshing, seductive and highly enjoyable erotic romance filled with plenty of drama and dare I say it a tense and thrilling *whispering* cliffhanger!

Jenny: I’m with you there Gitte
Amy Jacobs
Dec 21, 2012 rated it did not like it
I am having problems writing this review not because of the writing from the author, but from a major plot point that irks me. Why are the last few books I have read about one person cheating on another? I don't like this happening in real life and I certainly don't like it in my books.

Kasie is engaged to a man named Dave. While Dave is orderly and not quite passionate in the bedroom area, he is stable and compatible. When her friend suggests they go to Vegas, she also tells Kasie to have fling
Juls
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
There was one other book that had cheating in it that really didnt matter to me. Now dont get me wrong, I dont think its right. I honestly dont really like to read about it. But in this book, it almost seemed necessary. Not that anyone deserved it but its like the main character needed to do this to find herself.

Kasie lives a very staid life. Every thing about her is predictable and normal. No hair is ever out of place. A weekend away turns her life upside down. One man, a stranger, changes eve
Judy
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OMG, I love it. Sooooo hawt and Robert Dade....... Ahhhhhhhh swoon like a giddy school girl for this man.
This is a story about how one decision of freedom and abandon leads Kasie to question who she is truly. Especially with a man showing her the way. Robert Dade knows her true self and sees beyond the perfect facade Kasie has created. Unfortunately, Kasie has a boyfriend/fiancé. She feels guilt for what she has done but can not walk away from Mr. Dade.
Fani *loves angst*
Well, this is one book that took me completely by surprise. I expected yet another 50 Shades' copycat and though it's not a completely different story, in the end Just one Night managed to differentiate itself from all the books I've read with similar plots.

To start with, I expected Just one Night to be erotica; it's not. There's plenty of character development, especially in the heroine's part and too few sex scenes IMO to be categorised as such . On top of that, the sex part was for me the lea
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Dec 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012

Jenny: I’m with you there Gitte, I really enjoyed this one as well. I agree, the autho
Rose
Initial thoughts: Thank you Kyra Davis for writing an erotic serial tale that actually turned out very nicely, at least in its first part. Probably one of the best ones I've read as of late.

Full review:

I originally finished this book on January 9th, 2013, and recently re-read it in June, and the story was just as strong as I remembered it being when I finished the work. One thing to bear in mind in this reflection: this is the first part of a serial novel. I read this as it's own work in galley
Didi
CAN YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH A BOOK?

CAN A SHORT BOOK FILL YOU WITH ENDLESS, MEANINGFUL QUESTIONS?

IS IT POSSIBLE TO SUFFER FROM DEPRESSION WAITING FOR IT'S SEQUEL?!

***pulls hair, takes deep breath***

This book was FUCKING.UNBELIEVABLY.AWESOME.

It was perfect in every way I love a book to be. And actually with it's short life it is a novella, not really a book. But damn...packed within it's short pages was an amazing, thougful and surprisingly deep read.

I LOVED THIS. I adored it. I almost cried when it
Yelania Nightwalker

Este libro lo tenía en inglés y no me atrapó tanto, así que lo dejé. Sin embargo, una vez que lo tuve en español, decidí leerlo de una vez por todas. La verdad es que después de haber leído muy buenas novelas eróticas, El desconocido no me presenta nada nuevo ni nada destacable. No obstante, dadas las novelas eróticas que han inundado las librerías en meses recientes, que son bastante ammm "singulares" y algunas pecan de una vulgaridad extrema, puedo asegurarles que Kyra Davis ha salido bastant

Tracey
Dec 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this short book, part one of three. It has some similarities to fifty shades as in his a CEO of a business, but to me that was the only one.

Kasie has gone to Vegas for a last fling ordered by her best friend before she marries, safe reliable Dave her soon to be fiancée who she has been with for 6 years.

While in Vegas she meets our mr Dade (Robert), and he is domineering in a sense but in a good way ;) He is not like a mr grey as in a total control freak, he's actually quite well
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
For this Review and more Live Read and Breathe

I didn't know what to expect from this novella but I was pleasantly surprise. There was lots of chemistry, passion and orgasms.

tumblr_lwume7PkzJ1qmfpm2o1_500.gif (orgasm,alert,warning,flashing)

I'm not usually a fan of cheating as I always believe that if you are questioning things than it's time to communicate or break up versus cheating but I understand the doubt, desire and confusion to lead people to make certain decisions.

Kasie is prisoned in a world of what everyone wants her to be but not until she meets R
How old is Robert? 7 66 Oct 31, 2013 04:04AM
great read 13 74 May 21, 2013 04:53AM
Loved this book 1 14 Apr 23, 2013 05:20AM
  • Covert Seduction
  • What He Craves (My Alpha Billionaire, #3)
  • The Arrangement 6: The Ferro Family (The Arrangement, #6)
  • Fate Interrupted 2 (Fate Interrupted, #2)
  • The Hunted (Orion the Hunter, #2)
  • Secrets After Dark (After Dark, #2)
  • Anything He Wants 3: The Secret (Dominated by the Billionaire, #3)
  • In Her Defense (Time Served #2)
  • Because You Haunt Me (Because You Are Mine, #1.3)
  • The Berkeley Method (Spotlight, #2)
  • Fade into Always (Fade, #3)
  • Hidden Fire
  • Derailed (Seduced by the Park Avenue Billionaire, #2)
New York Times bestselling author of JUST ONE NIGHT, DECEPTIVE INNOCENCE, the Sophie Katz mysteries, SO MUCH FOR MY HAPPY ENDING and the upcoming DANGEROUS ALLIANCE, JUST ONCE MORE and JUST ONE LIE (July 28th, 2015).

Just One Night (3 books)
  • Just One Night (Just One Night, #1)
  • Just Once More (Just One Night, #1.5)
  • Just One Lie (Just One Night, #2)
“Drinking is for the moon,” she would say as she poured her wine. “Darkness hides our smaller sins. But the sun isn’t so
forgiving. Light requires the innocence of sobriety.”
2 likes
“When you’re old, do you really want to look back at your life and realize that you were never young?” 2 likes