Start by marking “Not a Fine Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #6)” as Want to Read:
Not a Fine Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #6)

Not a Fine Gentleman

(Rogue Hearts #6)

Margaret, the eldest of the misbegotten Amesbury family, is accused of murdering her jerk of a husband and then fleeing. Conner Jackson, a Bow Street Runner, is hunting her down to bring her to justice. Or so he thinks...

This romantic story of loss and betrayal, forgiveness and redemption, and strangers marrying, will leave you laughing, crying, and swooning. Sprinkled lib
Kindle Edition
Published June 18th 2020 by Mirror Lake Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Not a Fine Gentleman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not a Fine Gentleman

Start your review of Not a Fine Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #6)
Kathy
The Rogue Heart series is one of my favorites, so I've been looking forward to this book for quite some time. It was nice to finally get Margaret's story and to see her finally find a man who appreciates and treats her well. I liked her and Connor together and it was fun seeing their relationship develop. They come from very different walks of life, so they really have to figure out how their lives would mesh together. There is also a mystery running throughout the book and we get to catch up wi ...more
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
I always wondered why Margaret was unhappy in the previous books, so it was wonderful to have her story! It starts off with a bang and stayed exciting throughout. The author did a good job of showing the hardships and coping mechanisms of Margaret in her marriage, and how her perceptions get turned on their head when she is finally free. Connor is from humble beginnings and is proud of his accomplishments, even if they are still beneath the level of Margaret and upper society. They had fun bante ...more
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
I really enjoyed the first 4 books in the Rogue Hearts series by Donna Hatch & I’ve been eager for the two sisters to have their own happily-ever-afters too. Not a Fine Gentleman was well worth the wait.

Amesbury sister Margaret Hennessey has the misfortune of being married to a vile man who winds up dead rather quickly into the story. Further misfortune ensues as she’s unfairly accused of killing him (a mostly stupid assumption, I thought, considering that no murder weapon was found on scene or
Katie W
Jun 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great characters in a fun Regency romance with intrigue

I've really enjoyed this series and love how each sibling gets a story of his or her own. It was a treat to see glimpses of the family and to check in with them to see how they're doing. I absolutely loved how they rally together in tough times and the murder of the eldest sister's husband, with her as the prime suspect, is definitely a good reason.

Margaret comes across as cold, but there's definitely more to her than that mask. Watching her
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I really had a fun time with this book. I'm loving these Amesbury siblings because they are such a diverse group of characters but at the heart of it, they are all strong, loyal and brave. Enter Margaret, accused of murdering her louse of a husband and on the run. Conner Jackson is out to retrieve her but boy does he get more than he bargained for!

The mystery and intrigue started right off the bat, throwing me into the thick of things right along with Margaret. I loved how the whole story played
Jerika
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of the book from Loving The Book in exchange for an honest review. This book can be read as a stand-alone or as part of the series. Each book in the series is about the romance of each sibling in the family. This is about Margaret, who we learn from previous books is in an unhappy marriage. In a shocking turn of events, her husband is murdered and she is accused of the crime. The story is a captivating narrative of her and her family's efforts to prove her innocence and keep ea ...more
Richelle
Romance - Clean with a zing
Language - None
Violence - Mild not graphic
Series - Book 6
***These books should be read in order***

I love this author and this series so much. The first book, "The Stranger She Married", is one of my absolute favorite books. This book was every bit as good as the others in the series. I hope we will eventually get to see Rachel's happily ever after also.

I won't give spoilers, but I really felt like the author did a great job of explaining what Lady Margaret was dealing
Kelly-Ann ~ Sassy Bookish Mama
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by Donna Hatch and my first in the Rogue Hearts series. I must say I do enjoy a good Regency/Victorian era type story and this one did not dissapoint! I was thoroughly engaged from the first page.

Full Review will be up on my blog on June 26th :) So make sure you visit and check it out! www.musingsofasassybookishmama.com

FTC Disclosure: I received a copy of this book as part of the Prism Book Tour for this author for my honest review and opinions. All opinions and view are
Susanne
Couldn’t put it down! SO good!
Annette
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I feel like I've been waiting for this book for quite a while. I'm glad I was finally able to read one of the sister's stories, and I anxiously await the next.
This was a sweet romance with some good intrigue and plenty of regency goodness.
Donna's books are always reliably clean.
Christy
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Regency romance has been one of my favorite genres since junior high. I remember reading a few of them during my early teens, but then I got away from them when the Janette Oke “boom” began. There’s only so much time in a day, especially when you’re in high school! But in the past several years, I’ve gotten back into this genre and have found many more Regency books to love. Not a Fine Gentleman is the latest to join my list. I haven’t read the others in the series, but this can easily be read a ...more
Robyn Echols
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful story! This is not only a sweet romance, but also quite the murder mystery. Lady Margaret Hennessy, a disillusioned romantic, is in the wrong place at the right time and becomes a suspect in the murder of her odious and unfaithful husband. Faced with the threat of ending up in the hands of a lecherous night watchman, she flees.

I loved how the author portrayed the characters, including Connor, the constable, or Bow Street Runner, whom her family hires to find her and bring her
Marissa
Jul 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Intrigue and Murder and Romance - perfectly combined

Although I did end up loving this book, it was honestly my least favorite of the series. I absolutely adore the Amesbury family, but Margaret was always the most offish of everyone - even more than Grant. So it took me a while to warm up to her and I did come to like her, but certainly not at first. Margaret finds her husband murdered fairly early on in the book and she is accused of committing the crime. She finds herself on the run from accus
Leah
Jun 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’ve loved this series about each of the Amesbury brothers and was very excited for this new book about their sister Margaret to come out!
Margaret is married to a Marchess who is a complete rake. She’s unhappy and feels unlovable when she hears a commotion in her husband’s office, only to enter and find him dead. He’s been murdered and the whole house staff believes she did it.
Connor Jackson is a constable who’s been hired to find Lady Margaret. So far, all the evidence points to her being the
Suzie Waltner
Jun 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
While Not a Fine Gentleman is book five in Donna Hatch’s Rogue Hearts series, it is the first one I’ve read. And, while I wasn’t at all lost in Margaret and Connor’s story, I’ve added the previous four books to my tbr.

Hatch transports readers to the Regency era with the murder of a Marquis and his wife’s quest to prove her innocence in said murder when all evidence points to her. Enter Connor Jackson, a Bow Street Constable, intent on seeing justice served.

The mystery in this book is engaging an
Bethany Swafford
Jun 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Margaret witnesses the man who murdered her husband and, fearing that her distant relationship with her brute of a husband will condemn her, she flees the scene. A Runner from Bow Street is on her heels. Can she discover the truth before the danger catches up to her?

While it was lovely to return to this family, I found it hard to get behind the romance of Margaret and Conner. I was sympathetic to Margaret, and I wanted her to see justice done. Then Conner Jackson is on the scene. He's agreed to
Vickie
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The excitement with the Amesbury family continues in this story. Always a wonderful romance. There's also mystery and intrigue. Again the heartache was very touching.
The characters are well-developed and it's easy to feel their emotions. I love Connor. He's rough and strong and yet has a loving heart. Margaret being the oldest sibling finally has her life going in the right direction after all the hard things she has endured.
The story flows well from chapter to chapter and is easy to follow alon
Jillian
Aug 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fine man

Still enjoyable but I did like the brothers stories more. The first half of the book had Margret making so many stupid fool hardy choices to put herself unnecessarily at risk that I almost gave up reading the book completely. But I kept hoping that it would get better and it did. I really enjoyed the second half of the book and the conclusion.
Rating: PG, clean, talk of past mistakes of marital infidelity on the part of the murdered husband. Some violence, but nothing graphic.
Lois Zollars
NEVER A DISAPPOINTMENT!

How wonderful to reconnect with this WONDERFUL family!!!!! Makes me want to read all the books again from the very beginning!!!!!! Hope there will be a follow-up on Margaret's twin, Rachel!!!!!!
A clean read, yet enough spice for the mature reader to fill in the blanks! Donna Hatch knows how to write a story that keeps the reader turning those pages- consistently!!!!!!!
C. Wanganga
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have read and loved all of the books in the Rogue Hearts series. Once again this one did not disappoint. It grabbed me from the first page and I could not put it down. It was lovely reading about the Amesbury family again and especially finding out what happens to Margaret. This book was exciting and had many plot twist and turns. I wonderful clean read.
Flora W.
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 and a half stars

Quite a good book. Like all of the others, it’s never boring, quick paced and full of adventure and swoon worthy kisses. I highlighted a few typos and at least one misused homonym that the editors didn’t catch. I liked both of the main characters and loved seeing the other characters from the previous books. Love those Amesbury boys!
Carol
Mar 19, 2021 rated it liked it
Nice clean read

I really enjoy the read of what I assume was the last of this series. I am disappointed that the story of Rachel was left unanswered. They alluded to her heartbreak and even mentioned him in at least two books but then he just disappeared a d her life remained unfinished. That’s the reason I only rated it a three.
Clarissa Kae
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Read this as an ARC with the loving the book blog tour. I loved the ending (I'm a sucker for a happy ending). I'm a Donna Hatch newbie but will definitely be checking out her other books. This is a great read for historical romance fans (esp regency era). ...more
Lilly Bevins
Really love this series!

I love this whole series! I love the way the characters continue from one book to the next. I think it feels like a much deeper story that way. I can't wait to read Rachel's story.
Linda Logsdon
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great story!

A great mystery as well as a wonderful romance. The characters were unique and very entertaining. Loved Met and Connor! Read it straight through, even if I did have to stay up until 3:00 am.

Alice
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love these

Good clean romance with some intriguing and adventurous and some danger. I really liked this series. I would love to know when Rachel’s book comes out so I can read it also
P. Elston
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So Good

I adore this series. I just wanted to jump inside the book and be a family member. The hero is just charming. This series has real, relatable feelings of just wanting love and to belong. Now, we need Rachel's story.
Jenn
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: clean, ebook
I've enjoyed all the books in this series, this one included. ...more
Tena Rees
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous

Everything that you want in a romance. Likeable characters that have fabulous chemistry. Plus we get to catch up with the rest of the Amesbury clan.
Katherine Evans
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Murder mystery plus romance

I really enjoy these stories with Bow Street Runners. The murder mystery was well done and the characters. Very nice love story as well!

• To Sketch a Sphinx (London League, #6)
  • A Well-Trained Lady (Seasons of Change, #4)
  • The Last Eligible Bachelor  (Seasons of Change Book, #3)
  • A Lily in Disguise (Wycliffe Family, #1)
  • Romancing Her Rival (Promise of Forever After #2)
  • Forget Me Not (The Gents, #1)
  • His Disinclined Bride (Seasons of Change, #7)
  • The Cottage by Coniston (Seasons of Change, #5)
  • A Forgiving Heart (Seasons of Change #2)
  • The Best-Laid Plans
  • Black Knight (Gentlemen of Knights, #2)
  • Mr. Gardiner and the Governess (Clairvoir Castle Romances #1)
  • Fortune Favors the Sparrow
  • A Lord of Many Masks (Wycliffe Family, #2)
  • A Proper Charade
  • A Fall from Grace (Clavering Chronicles #1)
  • Loving a Lady (Brotherhood of the Black Tartan #3)
Multi-award-winning author of more than twenty best-selling Regency Historical Romances, Donna Hatch is a hopeful romantic and an adventurer at heart. Each book she writes is filled with wit and heart and plenty of swoon-worthy romance. Donna sings, plays the harp, and loves to ballroom dance. Her family, including six children and two cats, recently left their native Arizona for the Pacific coast ...more

Rogue Hearts (6 books)
  • The Stranger She Married (Rogue Hearts, #1)
  • The Guise of a Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #2)
  • A Perfect Secret (Rogue Hearts #3)
  • The Suspect's Daughter  (Rogue Hearts #4)
  • Unmasking the Duke (Rogue Hearts, #5)

News & Interviews