Start by marking “Ocean Kills (Ocean Breeze, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ocean Kills (Ocean Breeze, #1)

Ocean Kills

(Ocean Breeze #1)

Around the world, murderers and rapists pick off the innocent. Killing loved ones, separating families, and ruining lives.

As an eight-year-old girl, Ocean witnessed her family’s massacre and something altered inside her. Twisting her genetic code… unlocking an ability to teleport.

Ocean Breeze was never destined to be normal, especially having been named after air-freshen
Published December 5th 2012 by Jade Hart

To ask other readers questions about Ocean Kills, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ocean Kills

Start your review of Ocean Kills (Ocean Breeze, #1)
A. Bookzilla.
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
21.02.'13 - Free in the Kindle store.

OK WHAT? Ocean sure does kill, without flinching.
This was brilliant. It's such a unique story and I was on the edge of my seat the whole time wanting to know what happens next. Ocean and Callan have so much chemistry it's ridiculous. And they make such a great team, despite not really seeing them in action, you just know they'd be so good together.

I love Ocean, she is such a great character. My heart broke for her after I found out what she went through. No w
Heather Helene
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm partial to this one! Love it! ;-)

Ocean Breeze is unprepared for the turn her life is about to take when she gets arrested. She has only ever let one person into her heart and she is not interested in allowing anyone else access. But when she stumbles onto a sex ring and knows she is the only hope the victims have she could be forced to open her heart.

Ocean is a unique character. She has endured the unthinkable and survived. Not only did she survive, but she developed a unique power that ha
Sharon Bayliss
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ocean Kills pulled me in right away with relentless action and compelling main characters.

The vigilante Ocean Breeze is much more deadly than her tongue-in-cheek, air freshener name suggests. She is complex, strong character who is easy to root for despite the fact that she kills men as easily as I kill spiders (maybe more easily). The romance between her and Callan - a sexy, smart, likable, tanned Aussie hero - is delectable. Callan is a good man through and through, and a perfect match for Oc
Jenny Morris
Nov 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Breathtaking descriptions of some of the most intriguing places on Earth collide with action packed teleporting, vigilante justice, and HOT AS HELL Callan. Love this book and I can't wait to see what happens next. ...more
Victoria Smith
This gritty new adult read is sexy and fierce, and it will not disappoint! You want a wild ride, a kickass heroine, and a smexy hero from down under this one is your read :)
Patrycja
Nov 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ocean Kills is sexy - smexy, funny and incredible thrilling book debiut by Jade Hart

Ocean Kills is the first book in the Ocean Breeze series by Jade Hart and an amazing new adult novel. I had the opportunity to read the ARC of "Ocean Kills" which made my day a lot of more enjoyable than I thought it could turn out to be. Actually when I got an e-mail from the author with attached ebook I screamed in joy and started reading it immadiately. Who cared about history exam, which in fact I probably f
Leigh Ann
Dec 05, 2012 rated it liked it
To see this review and others like it: http://flyingonsilverwings.blogspot.c...

When Ocean Breeze (yes, that is her real name!) was eight years old she witnessed the extremely brutal murder of her family. Something about the torment and torture she endured altered something inside of her. The ability to teleport was unlocked in her. Since then she has worked to keep the type of people that killed her family off the streets. She stalks and kills the men that murder and rape and then teleports out
Alicia Batista (Addicted Readers)
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r2r, murders

I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion. Everything you are about to read is my full and honest opinion about the book!

Wow First and foremost I have to give praise to author for creating such an AMAZING book, I LOVED IT! This books was nothing like I expected it to be, it was so much better! The book was fast-paced and kept my attention easily! I enjoyed this book from start to finish! This was a great ride!

This book follows a girl named Ocean Breeze. When she was ve
Jade Hart
Sep 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
From my wonderful critique partners who made this book what it is today. I couldn't have done it without them, and here is what they have to say about Ocean Kills:

"Having so much trouble sleeping and I can blame it all on Jade because Ocean Kills is so freakin' fantastic and I couldn't put it down, and now can't stop thinking about the story." Devin, Cairo, 15 Aug '12

"Holy Mother of God my writerly friend, I thought I'd read a little on my lunch break and couldn't stop. Love it. Love it. Can't s
Zed Whisper
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ornella (Nyx)
God, this book was...beyond awesome. The teleporting assassin concept was a new one and a very well done one as well. Even thought it's the first book and it's not really explained in depth, there are hints as to it's origin and I can tell it's gonna get complicated.

I liked how the romance developed, even though Callan was a bit too overprotective it still worked somehow for this, probably cause Ocean doesn't take any of his crap xD

I would like to know more about those marks and how badly it af
Alisa
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Alisa by: Ornella (Nyx)
I'm glad I picked this book up. At first I thought it was near 400 pages, but that was just other stuff towards the end. Still, the book had a good length to it to be able to develop a well written story. It wasn't rushed at all. I ended up loving it. Loved the characters.

Can't wait to get my hands on book 2 and 3! I hope she comes out with those quickly because really need more of Officer Bliss :0) I really liked the plot line of this story. It was very interesting & different. And I need more
Kelley Lynn
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ocean Kills will take you to places you've heard of and have always wanted to go, for reasons you hope you never have to encounter. Ocean is a raw and believable character, conflicted over her past, present and future. With Jade Hart's well written words you will be witness to the most beautiful locations, the most horrendous people, and one of the sexiest male leads. Callan's stubbornness is perfect for Ocean's conflict and makes you root for them that much more.

You must read this book. But I w
Nancy
Dec 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
I just wasn't sure this book was for me. I like paranormal books, but they are hit or miss to me. This one started off a bit confusing to me as it flipped between characters every chapter, not giving me enough time to really connect with them at first. But then, it hit it's stride, and BLEW ME OUT OF THE WATER. What a fantastic concept. I was so sucked in that I could think of nothing else. Now, I have read three books since finishing this one and still can't stop thinking about Ocean and Callan ...more
Cassie Mae
Dec 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was so intense! I'd seriously be up all night reading, then dreaming about it. Jade Hart has a wonderful way with words. With her visuals, she pulls you right in the story with the characters, making you gasp, cringe, and even blush ;)

I loved this book. It's one I'll read multiple times :)
Hope
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful, fast-paced journey between a woman who wants to save the world and a guy who wants to save her. Steamy, adrenaline-pumping, emotional--so good! A MUST READ!
Maghon Thomas
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First, I'm going to give you a little warning, this is not going to be a "normal" review from me, and I maybe should give you a heads up about mature content... This book has had a deeply personal connection. This is a very not so happily ever after story for a good part. It's a very real, very hard, but very much needed story about sexual abuse and how downright terrible the human race can be, but I'm so glad it's being shared! I've decided that this story, although hard to think about, is deva ...more
Lissette
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ocean Breeze witnessed her family's demise at the early age of eight-years-old. The experience has left her traumatized in more ways than one. So much so, that it's changed her entire existence, as well as her genetic code. You see, she can teleport from place to place, an ability she makes the most of.

Vowing to make the men who stole her family and her innocence away from her pay, Ocean has spent her entire life hunting cutthroats and those who seek to do others harm. The knowledge that she's b
Amber
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I am seriously excited about this new urban fantasy series! What’s not to like about a teleporting killer who travels to exotic locations to inflict her strong sense of justice on the bad guys? This is Ocean Breeze. An unbelievably gorgeous woman with a kick ass attitude and the will to take evil out of the world even at the expense of her own soul.

Throw in the hot cop, Callan Bliss, and it’s a super explosion of chemistry that leaves you on the edge of your seat hoping and wanting for more. Jad
Kyra
Dec 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wow. Ocean Kills took me on an adventure I wasn't expecting. There was drama, excitement, sadness, fear, and enough hot scenes to melt even the coldest person!

I've read books in the past with very unusual plotlines, that have ultimately come off sounding completely unrealistic. Well, strange as Ocean Kills was, I believed every single word Jade Hart told me. The story stayed in my head all day, until I got back to it again, and then I dreamt about it!

The only downside for me - and it's not muc
Jessa Russo
Nov 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Well, aside from the freaking ending - dammit, Jade! - I LOVED this book! I was so instantly in love with Callan, and so attached to Ocean, that it was impossible not to think of them when I wasn't reading.

Callan Bliss is a sexy, strong male lead, whose determination and drive when it comes to pursuing Ocean is nothing short of swoon-worthy. Even bordering on stalker-status, I still adored him. He was right to never give up on her, and I cheered him along the entire way!

Ocean Breeze is a troubl
Nina Post
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scifi, romance
I loved the characters in Ocean Kills -- the damaged, teleporting Ocean Breeze, who is gradually sacrificing herself for her mission; Callan Bliss, the determined, insouciant cop from Sydney; and Maurice, Ocean's mysterious benefactor. The characters are complicated and wonderful. The romance is unusual and fresh and skillful -- and the chemistry sizzles. Callan makes it clear that he understands Ocean, really sees her, and though she drives him half-mad, he's very much there for her. Ocean Kill ...more
Jessica Salyer
Dec 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books I've read in a long time! The characters are wonderfully flawed and amazingly lovable. The story line is unique and kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. I literally could not put it down. Ocean's character is multifaceted. She is a character that you grieve, cheer, and weep for; even though essentially what she does is wrong, you can't help but love her for what she does and understand it. Callan's character is completely crush worthy. He knows not everyth ...more
Onnica
Feb 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Great premise for a story - truly original. I thoroughly enjoyed the slightly futuristic, teleportation world. Not quite dystopia but not quite the world we know.
Ocean is a likeable heroine - tough as nails, although this self-isolation she inflicts is a little waring at times.
Callan Bliss - well, what can I say. A hot, surfing cop with sunkissed complexion. What's not to like?

The back and forth between the pair was stimulating, then became a little annoying - I wanted to shake Ocean and make he
Charity Bradford
Jan 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Where to start with this one? It was a hard hitting, fast paced ride with lots of mystery and heartache. I loved that Ocean was such a kick butt kind of woman, but every once in a while that scared little girl showed through. It made her real and believable.

The paranormal element to the story is fascinating and I can't wait to see where it goes and how it even happened in the first place. Guess I'll have to read the rest of the series.

The romance side is steamy.
Kris
What a beautiful, amazing and wonderful story!!! Absolutely loved Callan, he's such a great guy, I adored how he handled girl like Ocean: hotheaded, full of pain and with fragile, beautiful soul. However I was often irritaded with Ocean's all drama regarding relationship with Callan. Tension between this two was deliciously erotic, I was shamefully salivating every time Callan and Ocean get together:D ...more
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
I am so glad I decided to give this book a try. From the first page, I knew I was hooked. The plot was fast-paced and action-packed, and the romance was hot and had me swooning every five seconds at the intense chemistry between Callan and Ocean. The cliffhanger has me eagerly anticipating Ocean Slays in May 2013. Ugh I'm so excited! What a refreshingly unique, interesting, hot read!
More people need to read this book!!
Shana
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
this book is FANTASTIC!!! It is something paranormal that you have never seen before. the writing is exquisite, the story line flows, and you can't help but feel everything the characters do. this book has catapulted to my #1 favorite book. a must read! ...more
Kristin Campbell
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was intense! I feel so bad for all the things the main character went through. Sad, sad person and story.

Then, you get to the end and it's like, "really, you ended it like that!?!" Intense!
Anna Coleman
Oct 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, really enjoyed this story so well Written! Can't wait to read the next sequel to see what happens with Ocean and Callan :-) ...more
New Adult Corner: Ocean Kills by Jade Hart 8 25 Jan 05, 2013 06:41AM
New Adult Corner: This topic has been closed to new comments. Giveaway- Ocean Kills ended 01/02/13 10 22 Jan 02, 2013 11:44PM

• Slaying Monsters for the Feeble (The Guild Codex: Demonized #2)
  • Curse Breaker (Kingdom of Runes, #2)
  • Shadow Weaver (The Nightwatch Academy #2)
  • Vampire Mage (Clutch Mistress, #1)
  • War of Hearts (True Immortality, #1)
  • Shadow Caster (The Nightwatch Academy #1)
  • The Lion Heart (Rogue Academy #2)
  • Heartless Hero (Crowne Point #1)
  • Kiss of the Royal
  • Promise of Darkness (Dark Court Rising, #1)
  • Warrior Fae Trapped (Warrior Fae, #1)
  • Taming Demons for Beginners (The Guild Codex: Demonized #1)
  • Oath Taker (Kingdom of Runes, #1)
  • Scales and Skeletons (Trixie Towers, #2)
  • Winter (Evermore Academy, #1)
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • The Studying Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #1)
  • Rewrite the Stars
Jade Hart is a self-confessed book worm who is happiest glued to a lap-top with an eternal battery life and typing up stories running rampant in her head.

She currently resides in Middle-Earth, but has lived in Australia, England, and Hong Kong.

Ocean Breeze (2 books)
  • Ocean Slays (Ocean Breeze, #2)