Start by marking “The Mystery of the Strange Bundle (The Five Find-Outers, #10)” as Want to Read:
The Mystery of the Strange Bundle (The Five Find-Outers, #10)

The Mystery of the Strange Bundle (The Five Find-Outers #10)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  1,401 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
All the Five Find-Outers have had flu this Christmas holiday, so it doesn t seem as if anything exciting could happen. But then a strange robbery, where nothing seems to have been taken, occurs. Mr Fellows, whose house was robbed, seems to have run out in the night and thrown a bundle into the river.
Published (first published 1943)

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of the Strange Bundle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery of the Strange Bundle

Nandakishore Varma
Another nostalgic remembrance. My first "Find-Outer" novel. Nothing great, but this introduced me to Enid Blyton's mysteries. I was rather attached to Fatty, as I was also somewhat portly. :D
Kavita
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, uk
In this book, Fatty and Co. take on a mysterious scar-faced man. Goon and Fatty have a scuffle, but it all ends badly for the policeman and on a good note for the children. This book has a special place in my heart because it was my first ever Find Outer book. It's also great fun, and one of my favourite Blyton scenes is in this book. Fatty and Goon explore the house and hear all kinds of strange noises. It's downright hilarious!
Musab Abuasi
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Musab Abuasi Nov-3-2014
8-Purple Mr.Wehbi

This a story about 5 kids called the Find Outers who got the flu and are on christmas vacation. They complain that they can't solve mysteries because they have the flu. When they get better they find out their neighbor, Mr. Fellows, house is trashed and there is nobody there to be found. Mr.Goon, a police officer, hates the kids because they steal his job every mystery. Witnesses say that Mr.Fellows ran out carrying a bundle in his hand, and the robber sto
Jake Collins
Jan 09, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Very poorly conceived, and often incredibly silly.
Tiina
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From time to time, I like to read books from my childhood. The mystery series is more about detecting than the Five series and I've been partial to them. This is a good mystery and all ends well - except for the villains.
Muskaan Sood
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gifted, 2-stars
Thankgod It's over !
Catherine Ryan
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice to revisit a childhood favourite on my Kindle :-)
Anshu Sharma
Dec 25, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Another mystery solved all thanks to the amazing power of coincidence.
Magpie
Jan 12, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: readathon16
The rating reflects my opinion as a child rather than what I would think of it reading it first time as an adult. It's hard for me to rate it now, anyway, because objectively I can see the writing isn't great, but subjectively I'm filled with lots of nostalgia reading these books, which makes everything seem cute. Nevertheless, I do think that Blyton's books are the kind of children books that most adults wouldn't enjoy, unless, like me, they've read them first as kids.

Although these books have
Cheryl
Apr 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's so hard to believe that this book (and the rest of the series) was written over 60 years ago and yet is still being read by children around the world. This was the book that compelled me to launch a quest to track down and obtain all the other books in the series. I read this book when I was around 11 and I enjoyed it a lot. In fact I enjoyed it so much that I bought the rest of the series. So far out of the 5 or 6 that I have read (yes I know I should be ashamed) this was the story that re ...more
Alison
Nov 16, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(Written as a 10 year old - again!) I've discovered the secret of increasing the number of books on my read list - read children's books! I must have read this as a child but I don't remember it. Having a cook, maid, gardener etc makes being a parent and looking after a house sound so much easier! I loved the way the children worked together and worked out the mystery - and I found myself wanting to finish the book to find out what did happen. I hope my niece has more of this series on her books ...more
A.R. Collins
I was hoping to give this one more than two stars, especially when I reached about the halfway point and the Find-Outers weren't puzzling over the most obvious clues in the world, as they usually do. But then, that's because the whole answer is so obscure that the reader doesn't have a hope of getting everything, the children are still extraordinarily dense about the aspects that are gettable. The writing is even lazier than usual, and once again I felt that Fatty went much too far in antagonisi ...more
Kirsti
Nov 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really felt like reading another Enid book after yesterday, and these are I think the second under appreciated series of her books. Fatty, Bets, Larry, Daisy and Pip stare in this one, along with Buster the Scottie dog. The police man Goon is always there, bumbling along and making it easy for the oh so smart kids to solve the mystery every time. There's a few laughs and a bit of fun, lovely food described, what's not to love about an Enid Blyton book?
Tommy Verhaegen
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paper_nl, youth-all
De vijf detectives en hun hond zitten midden in een mysterie zonder dat ze het beseffen. Buster speelt wel een heel bijzondere rol. Een verhaal vol actie waarbij het lang onduidelijk blijft wat eigenlijk de bedoeling is. Mysterieus, een beetje griezelig zelfs.
Preeti
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great read and nostalgic!
Jebin
I loved it!
Batool
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO interesting
Kelly Pua
May 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The pranks crack me up as usual ;D
Liz Yardley
Feb 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One either likes Enid Blyton or not. I like the simplicity of the plot, the endearing characters and the overt social morals. This is as good as the others.
Haroon Shareef
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: enid-blyton
Brilliant Book..Everyone should read it..A very interesting mystery solved by the five children and the dog..I really loved it...Superb!
Noora
Jul 23, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nuortenkirjat
Ei mitään uutta sanottavaa, paitsi että tässä salaisuus oli pilkottu kahteen osaan niin, ettei sitä voinut arvata etukäteen.
Yunisa K.D.
Jan 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, english
I love the ending. Fatty is so magnanimous towards Mr Goon
Roshni
Nov 05, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Fatty is a pleasure - a nice afternoon read
Matthew Gacsal
Re read. November 1st 2016.
Victoria Conlan
Sep 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
Bedtime book for my 8 + 10 year old boys. Given it was written in the 1940s, it has aged well, more or less
Diah Didi
Aug 08, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, series, own
Pasukan Mau Tahu pertama yang aku baca. Langsung jatuh cinta ama si Fatty. :D
Georgie Worley
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good my favorite series of all time I named my dog Buster after the dog in the book
Frederick Tan
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read.
KatForsyth
May 15, 2014
Saad Qasim
Feb 17, 2014
  • Di Gua Kelelawar (Lima Sekawan)
  • The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #7)
  • The Secret of the Crooked Cat (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #13)
  • STOP : Melacak Gerombolan Pemburu Liar
  • The Mystery of the Silver Spider (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #8)
  • The Mystery of the Nervous Lion (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #16)
  • The Mystery of the Sinister Scarecrow (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #29)
  • Sky Blue Frame (Hardy Boys, #89)
  • Jennings Goes To School
  • Safari Adventure
Enid Mary Blyton (1897 - 1968) was an English author of children's books.

Born in South London, Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 192
More about Enid Blyton...

The Five Find-Outers (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Mystery of the Burnt Cottage (The Five Find-Outers, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Disappearing Cat (The Five Find-Outers, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Secret Room (The Five Find-Outers, #3)
  • The Mystery of the Spiteful Letters (The Five Find-Outers, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Missing Necklace (The Five Find-Outers, #5)
  • The Mystery of the Hidden House (The Five Find-Outers, #6)
  • The Mystery of the Pantomime Cat (The Five Find-Outers, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Invisible Thief (The Five Find-Outers, #8)
  • The Mystery of the Vanished Prince (The Five Find-Outers, #9)
  • The Mystery of Holly Lane (The Five Find-Outers, #11)