Start by marking “Mods: The New Religion” as Want to Read:
Mods: The New Religion

Mods: The New Religion

4.55  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Mod may have been born in the 60s in the ballroom and nightclubs around London, but it soon rampaged throughout the country. Young kids soon found a passion for sharp clothes, music and dancing, but for some it was pills, thrills and violence.

In this unique book, the original Mod generation tell it exactly how it was, in their very own words.  It features first hand accoun
Published July 1st 2013 by Omnibus Press

Tosh
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-bought
There are only a handful of books on the British Mod movement, and without a doubt "Mods" The New Religion" is the best Mod book so far. In fact, I can't imagine one greater than this book. There are others, like Terry Rawlings book on Mods, and one on Mod literature, but this really captures the scene as it happened. Partly Oral History, but with narration as well, what makes this a superb book are the vintage photos (many and many) as well as clothing ads from that era. Essential book on fashi ...more
Bill.fordham
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Growing up in 1960's South West London, I was old enough to appreciate the Mod scene but too young to get into the action. I loved the clothes, but couldn't afford them... and my big brother's fashionable threads were much too large for me. I loved the music, though, and would spend hours playing Steve's collection of Jazz, R&B, Motown and Blue Beat on his Dansette Debonaire.

So, I was eagerly awaiting the publication of Paul's 'Mods: The New Religion' and certainly not disappointed when it f
Hunter Jones
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you are a fan of the Mods, or if you are merely curious about this slice of history, fashion and rock and roll, this book is a must read. I loved everything about it from cover to cover. Well done, Paul "Smiler" Anderson!
Kendall
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
A definitive resource on all things mod. Definitely provided background information sorely missing in other accounts. Only thing missing would be a section called "for further reading/listening/watching"
David Tucker
Jun 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Obviously a labour of love by the author, but I found it at times to be quite repetitive and narrow in it's scope.
Max