Start by marking “The Nutrition Twins' Veggie Cure: Expert Advice and Tantalizing Recipes for Health, Energy, and Beauty” as Want to Read:

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  28 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Get started on the path to a happier and healthier and more energetic you! In this book the Nutrition Twins, both registered dietitian nutritionists, reveal which vegetables help specific health and beauty problems, and provide more than 100 delicious and nutritious recipes to put this "cure" into action on your plate. Each chapter starts with a goal--more energy, stronger ...more
Published January 7th 2014 by skirt! (first published July 2nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Nutrition Twins' Veggie Cure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Nutrition Twins' Veggie Cure

Leslie Fisher
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: health
***Received this book for free as part of Goodreads firstreads*** I really liked this book. I've been interested in adding more vegetables to my diet for quite some time because, like most people, I know they are healthy for me. This book discusses which vegetables are good in the following areas: fighting heart disease, fighting cancer, being kid-friendly, skin-enhancing/beautifying, slimming, good for pregnancy, fights bloating, fights stress and stress-related damage, satiety, easy to prepare ...more
Dawn
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this cook book! Obviously, it is all vegetarian, so I don't have to skip over any recipe, which is a usual proven for me.
With this book, you can look at recipes by what good they can do for your body. Help you when you are feeling sad, bloated, when you don't have time etc.. You can also look up recipes by a favorite ingredient, or whatever you may have in the house.
Great for entertaining guests too- especially a section for "salad haters"
My personal favorite section is about eating for
Alison
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
A wonderfully informative book and simple to understand. I enjoyed the advice as well as the not too complicated scientific and nutritional information. Loads of different and well used vegetables along with a few that you don't eat quite so much. Made my eating of vegies more enjoyable knowing what good things they are doing for me, as well as tasting great. Some interesting recipe ideas too.
Carie
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book contains a lot of very useful information on the relationship between each particular veggie & how it can improve your overall health with amazing recipes as a bonus! A definite read for kick starting & maintaining a healthy lifestyle!
LemontreeLime
Sep 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Sure there's lots of great information in this one. But what brings you back for more are the amazing recipes. You want veggie ideas that make you hungry just reading the recipe, look no further. This is now on my "need to buy my own copy" wish list.
Sara Goldenberg
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
I didn't love it.

The authors are twins, granted, and I think only 3 births out of a hundred are twins, but still - that doesn't make you all that special. Certainly not special enough to write a book that says nothing new, nothing that you can't read a hundred thousand times elsewhere.
Bonita Braun
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Interested in health and diet
Recommended to Bonita by: Joann Alt's radio program
Easy to read, good organization and wonderful recipes.
Lisa Arrigo
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I would give this book 10 stars if I could!
BookingforTrouble
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Insightful and delightful, colorful and comprehensive.
Pat
Feb 14, 2016 added it
gooc
Aimée
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
You know it's a great book when you've only read ten pages and you know you have to buy it! I am Super excited about this book!
Ahmed Ayman
Julie Alvarez
Amy Vey
Ansuya
  • What Makes You Grateful?: Voices from Around the World
  • Beans, Greens & Sweet Georgia Peaches, 2nd: The Southern Way of Cooking Fruits and Vegetables
  • UnDiet: Eat Your Way To Vibrant Health
  • Julia Child Rules: Lessons on Savoring Life
  • Moonshine Nation: The Art of Creating Cornbread in a Bottle
  • Crash: A Mother, a Son, and the Journey from Grief to Gratitude
  • Some Horses: Essays
  • Wineocology: Uncork the Power of Your Palate with Sensory Secrets from Hollywood's Sommelier
  • All in All: An Actor's Life On and Off the Stage
  • The Girl Factory: A Memoir
  • Suburgatory: Twisted Tales From Darkest Suburbia
  • The 28 Days Lighter Diet: Your Monthly Plan to Lose Weight, End PMS, and Achieve Physical and Emotional Wellness
  • Where Were You? America Remembers the JFK Assassination
  • Rush to Glory: Formula 1 Racing's Greatest Rivalry
  • Our One Common Country: Abraham Lincoln and the Hampton Roads Peace Conference of 1865
  • Theodore Roosevelt and the Assassin: Madness, Vengeance, and the Campaign of 1912
  • Flying off Everest: A Journey from the Summit to the Sea