Start by marking “Morgan's Hunter (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #1)” as Want to Read:
Morgan's Hunter (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #1)

Morgan's Hunter (The Bodyguards of L.A. County #1)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  1,371 Ratings  ·  94 Reviews
Morgan Taylor, D.C. socialite and wildlife biologist, leads a charmed life until everything changes with a phone call. Her research team has been found dead—slaughtered—in backcountry Montana.

As the case grows cold, Morgan is determined to unravel the mystery behind her friends’ gruesome deaths. Despite the dangers of a murderer still free, nothing will stand in her way, n
Published October 15th 2012 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published October 9th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Morgan's Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Morgan's Hunter

Mei
Nov 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
OK, but I hate TSTL actions and behaviour, thus the 3 stars!!!

The story id interesting and action-packed, but I didn't like neither Morgan nor Hunter! Why? Let me explain.

Morgan comes from a very rich family, but she's a working woman, a biologist tracking rare and endangered animals for a Federal agency. And even if her father is the CEO she's hard working and dedicated.
When part of her team is killed, apparently by a poacher, she becomes comitted to discovering what really happened. She feels
Jonetta
Quick summary
Hunter Phillips is a former Marine gunnery sergeant now working as private security for Ethan Cooke Security. Morgan Taylor is a wildlife biologist for the Parks and Conservation Bureau heading up a six-member research team. When part of her team is murdered on a research trip in Montana, she decides to go there to find out what happened. Hunter is hired by her father to be a resistant Morgan's bodyguard.

The issues
Hunter is suffering from PTSD after a horrific final mission in Afgha
Sherry Fundin
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I cannot imagine how our brave men and women feel as they dodge IED’s and bullets in a foreign land, so…

When Hunter was at Jake’s side in Afghanistan, as he lay dying, Jake made Hunter promise to take care of Sarah and the baby.

Hunter had been injured himself and nightmares haunted his sleep.

Morgan didn’t hurt for money, but she worked hard anyway. She and her friends were the six Musketeeers and committed to their environmental work…until three are found murdered. She seeks answers with a venge
Maureen
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, favourite, romance
A view weeks ago I started reading the Bodyguards of L.A. County series. And ever since I started, I haven’t been able to stop reading these books. And I was really curious about Morgan and Hunters story. So when I got the opportunity to read another book in this series, this was the book I choice and I couldn’t wait to start reading. ‘Morgan’s Hunter’ is the fourth book in the Bodyguards of L.A. County series I read and it’s the first book in the series, but every book can also be read as a sta ...more
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Good but not really 'suspense' like I was hoping. Book 2 was better! Full review on the blog!
Ian
This is Hunter - a former Force Recon Marine. He's quite a guy. This is Morgan. She's gorgeous. She's one lady who knows how to take care of herself. By the way, my name is Ian. I read the book, which wasn't easy; 'cause when they met... it was horrendous!

description

I was tossing up whether to rate this 2 or 3 Stars. In the end I settled on 3 Stars. There were some good moments when I wasn't banging my head against a wall. The author really needs to do a little more research on bushcraft and on how weapo
Lauren
Morgan's Hunter
1 Star

When her research team is murdered in the remote Montana wilderness, wildlife biologist Morgan Taylor is determined to uncover the truth of what happened to them even if it means ditching Hunter Phillips, the personal bodyguard hired by her father who has the annoying habit of getting past her defenses in more ways than one.

A huge disappointment!
The book has such tremendous potential both in terms of the intriguing suspense story and the love/hate relationship. Unfortunatel
Kate's Corner
First read 02/01/2013 4 Stars.

Reading this the second time around I’m still as impressed as I was the first time round but now I feel as if I can explain it better.

The plot of this book is superb, and the twists and turns that there are so if that alone I give this book 5 stars.

Morgan Taylor is a biologist and on a trip half of her group is murdered at Yellowstone while she was in Maine, both of them were trying to track a lynx. For a D.C. Socialite she knows her job and does it well. She is s
MaggieReadsRom
3,75 stars

March #TBRchallenge theme is 'a recommended read'. I don't have many recommendations as I don't often actively ask for them. My TBR is huge as it is and recommendations just add to it.

Still I did have one or two books on the TBR that qualified for this month's theme. This one was recommended to me by Rhian Cahill I think over a year ago...we were talking books and RS and she recommended this series to me.

Hunter Phillips is a former Marine turned bodyguard after being injured on duty.
Sue
Aug 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Yvonne
Nov 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
Really liked it!

I'm very glad I took the chance on this one. I saw all the favorable reviews and thought I'd give it a try.
I'm so glad that I did, this was a well written romantic suspense. The suspense was important but it didn't take over the romance.
For my GR friends this isn't as dark as Karen Robards or Allison Brennan, the suspense is a little lighter. Also, the heat factor is fantastic!
I'm happy to discover a new author and will be downloading book #2!

Yesenia Gonzalez
When I read the blurb I was really excited to for this story but it was hard for me to continue at times. Morgan was trying to be on her own, show that she make it on her own. Hunter is still feeling guilty for coming back from war and his friend didn't. Hunter and Morgan were not a good couple they had their moments but they were both mean to each other, they bicker so much and Hunter kept being a jerk. The blurb was great plot but the characters were too much.
Georgette Gray
This has been sat on my currently reading shelf for about a month now, I'm just going to mark it as DNF and probably never come back to it. The heroine irrationally annoyed me and I couldn't get past that.
Danielle Gypsy Soul
This book had potential but both the hero and heroine were TSTL. I was really looking forward to this book. The plot sounded really interesting. When Morgan's entire team is murdered she sets out to find out what really happened even if she has to ditch the bodyguard her father hired to protect her.

Morgan does indeed travel to where her team was murdered and she is with the bodyguard that her father hired but I didn't see anywhere in this book where she investigates the murder. Morgan and Hunter
Paula Legate
I loved this book so much I ended up staying up all night reading, because I just couldn't put it down. My husband woke up at 6 am, and gave me a strange look. I said I can't help it; it's a Great Sappy Romance. This book starts out with a military mission during the 1 st chapter. The rest of the book is about Hunter protecting Morgan while she works outdoors at Yellowstone. Morgan is feisty, and thinks she is in charge. Hunter has to protect her, it's his job, so they have a few disagreements. ...more
Elisa Hordon
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Morgan and Hunter what a pair, what a team, what a freaking disaster....lol

So what do you get when you mix a DC socialite/scientist with an ex military man who suffers from ptsd?????? Survivor of the most stubborn, seriously these two are a match made for the wilderness.

Hunter is a judgemental ass who takes one look at Morgan and assesses WRONG, Morgan is pissed before her new bodyguard arrives but you know what she picked his personality pretty spot on from the start....lol

Morgan might come fro
Melisa Hamling
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
Freaking LOVE this series! AND BOOK 1 AND 2 ARE AVAILABLE NOW! YES!

Just when I thought Ethan Cooke was all THAT! (I read book 2 first).

I loved every bit of of Morgan's Hunter. The moment Hunter is assigned to protect Morgan, the heat is on! Their first encounter immediately embarks on a love/hate relationship.

Hunter is in for one helluva mission when he realizes Morgan is not the snotty, rich daddy's girl he's used to babysitting. She knocks his socks off *make that his pants* with killer looks
Tifferz
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars, 3 Flames
Hunter Phillips has known his share of pain. Watching his best friend die in battle and failing to bring his team home, he is not ready to let anyone else close. Hunter is now part of a security team that is known worldwide but he is bored of trailing rich brats around to ensure their safety. He dodges more flirtatious advances than bullets. When he meets Morgan he thinks it is going to be like the rest of his assignments. He quickly comes to realize there is more to Morgan than
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Morgan’s Hunter has given me good characters in both Morgan and Hunter along with tragic issues, twists and turns here and there, out of the way places, and I must not forget a bad guy. A bad guy with issues of his own. There was intense adrenaline through the building of the characters and getting to know them. There was an emotional connection there laid in the beginning few chapters.

Morgan was not your typical socialite. She had an opinion. She was strong, defined, intelligent, independent,
Reen
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first in a series and a new author for me. Hunter is a former marine, now working as a bodyguard for Ethan Cooke Security after an IED takes his best friend and his unit in Afghanistan. Morgan is a wildlife biologist who comes from a wealthy and powerful family in DC, and half her team is sent to Montana while she goes with the other half to another national park across the country. Tragedy happens and Morgan is determined to finish the assignment in Montana and the only way her fath ...more
Rachelle Ayala
Oct 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Who wouldn't love spunky Morgan and taciturn, but oh so hunky Hunter? Morgan has suffered a tragic loss. Her beloved friends were mysteriously killed while researching in a national park.

Hunter has also suffered tragic grief when his unit is ambushed in Afghanistan, resulting in the death of his best friend.

While Morgan frets about her missing friends, Hunter's only job is to keep Morgan safe. He does not share her enthusiasm for either wildlife studies nor snooping at the ranger station for clu
Anita
Jun 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Survivor's guilt. Our hero, Hunter, has it and our heroine, Morgan, has it to. Hunter was unable to save his best friend after an attack in Afghanistan. Morgan was on the Maine team while the Yellowstone team were murdered. Each carry the weight of losing their best friend and now Morgan is on a mission to complete the project that killed her friends. Hunter has been hired to protect her.

TSTL (to stupid to live) is what describes Morgan from the beginning. She wants to go the Yellowstone to com
Charlene
Maybe 3.5 stars, but the heroine's TSTL moments (rather, attitude toward the task at hand) made me wonder what the hero saw in her. This is the first book in the series and the preview of coming stories look like better-executed plots than this one.

I usually give a series more than one chance before I decide whether to continue or to drop, so I'll look for Book #2, which has secondary characters from the first book as primaries.
Rachel
Jan 14, 2013 rated it liked it
A good way to spend a day reading some light romance. I didn't enjoy the language in the first chapter but the book improved a lot after that was finished. Being from a military family, I do appreciate the author's handling of a tough issue and incorporating it into contemporary fiction. Although the book is very predictable and follows the romance/suspense formula, it was a pretty good read.
Paris        (kerbytejas)
Dec 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016
a good mix of whodunit ( I can't quite call it suspense) and romance. I enjoyed it.
Allyson ☘️
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.
I liked the story. I liked hunter. I liked Morgan.
The only issue I had was that I didn't really feel the suspense..
Lghiggins
Jul 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Beautiful Morgan Taylor, a wildlife biologist from a wealthy and politically influential family, finds herself in need of an expert bodyguard, according to her father who hires the handsome Hunter Phillips. The title Morgan’s Hunter is a play on words as Morgan is herself hunted in the aftermath of the vicious killing of members of her team who work for a government environmental agency.

Morgan and Hunter both deal with guilt issues and a physical attraction to each other in what should be a prof
Angela
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my first Cate Beauman novel and I quite enjoyed it. I found her books after seeing Toni Anderson and Rachel Grant promote her on social media (and I love those two ladies).

At first I thought it might go down the cheesy road - ala erotic novel. But while I do think that the two main characters got together quicker than I would have liked (and that's quite a conundrum for me because I'm always yearning for the moment the characters finally get together when in reality I do love that push
Donna Ferraro
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick read thrilling and romantic

What a fast pace, thrilling and romantic read. This book was sad at times, funny at times and suspenseful at times. It was a quick read without a dull moment. Can't wait to read the next book in the series.
  • Operation: Endurance (When the Mission Ends, #3)
  • Relentless (Suspense Series, #4)
  • Miami, Mistletoe & Murder (Red Stone Security, #4)
  • Wild Encounter
  • Deadly Secrets (Deadly, #5)
  • Last Chance to Run  (Slye Temp #0.5)
  • Betrayal (The Surgical Strike Unit, #2)
  • Make Her Pay (Bullet Catcher, #8)
International bestselling author Cate Beauman is known for her full-length, action-packed romantic suspense series, The Bodyguards of L.A. County. Her novels have been nominated for the National Excellence in Romance Fiction Award, National Indie Excellence Award, Golden Quill Award, Writers Touch Award, Aspen Gold Award, Heart of Excellence Award, and have been named Readers Favorite Five Star bo ...more
More about Cate Beauman

The Bodyguards of L.A. County (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Falling For Sarah (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #2)
  • Hailey's Truth (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #3)
  • Forever Alexa (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #4)
  • Waiting For Wren (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #5)
  • Justice For Abby (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County #6)
  • Saving Sophie (The Bodyguards of L.A. County, #7)
  • Reagan's Redemption (The Bodyguards of L.A. County, #8)
  • Answers For Julie (The Bodyguards of L.A. County, #9)
  • Finding Lyla (The Bodyguards of L.A. County, #10)
  • Deceiving Bella (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #11)
“You drooled all over me."
She glanced at his shoulder, and a smug smile played across her lips. "Don't let it go to your head. I assure you it wasn't because you're irresistible." She gave his thigh a quick pat.”
0 likes