Start by marking “Amor en verano” as Want to Read:

(Celebrity Magazine #2)

Un verano viajando por toda América con el cínico, cáustico e impaciente fotógrafo Shade Colby no era precisamente un sueño para Bryan Mitchell, fotógrafa de la revista Celebrity. Todo lo contrario; confinados en el limitado espacio del coche, viajando de un lado a otro sin dejar de hacer fotografías, la situación estaba siempre a punto de estallar. Tenían un trabajo que h ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 256 pages
Published June 2009 by Harlequin Iberica (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Amor en verano, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amor en verano

Cyndi
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An older Nora book and still showing her genius! Its a lovely story about two photographers that are sent on a road trip to document summer across the country.
They both see the world differently. She is an optimist, he a pessimist.
I really enjoyed taking the trip with them, especially with Nora's ability to form word pictures.
Mackenzie
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Song for summary: Pictures of You by The Last Goodnight

I found this book to be a nice, sweet, summer read! The characters are unique and talented, while the plot is a lovely blend of discovery, photography, traveling, and romance. This novel is the perfect companion for a relaxing day at the beach.
Jess
Road tripping photographers fall in love. What's not to like???
Carina Carvalho
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lindo! Um amor de verão que se torna num amor para a vida ❤ ...more
Romanticdryad
Cute and fluffy. Like most romances, this one pretty much goes where you expect. Two people who seem to be at odds, fall for each other dealing with some bumps on the way.

Unlike some of her more epic books, this Nora Roberts tale is pretty intimate. Most of the book is just Shade and Bryan (odd names) and scenery. It's a road trip story and I enjoyed learning little bits about different parts of the US. Roberts' descriptions were interesting enough that I wanted to go to parts the States I've ne
Deepika
Oct 29, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The most boring book I've ever read. Waste of time.

Its true... Don't judge a book by its cover! How can a book with such a lovely cover be so boring!!
Paula
Apr 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandonados
Solo he leído 50 páginas, pero han sido suficientes para saber que acabar el libro no me va a aportar nada. Los personajes se conocen en la página 10, en la 12 ya están pensando que tienen que separarse para no acabar enamorados y en la 40 ya se están besando apasionadamente. Además el libro esta bastante mal traducido.
He leído otros libros de la autora que me han encantado, pero este no lo reomiendo.
Sofie
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Dit boek is het vervolg op Kloof tussen twee werelden. Nouja, het is gewoon deel 2. Het verhaal gaat niet over de hoofdpersonages van het eerste boek. Zoals Nora Roberts heel vaak doet in haar boeken series is een bijpersonage als hoofdpersonage dopen in haar volgende boek. Ook bij dit boek deed ze het. De vriendin van de protagonist wordt nu protagonist. De antagonist is een nieuw karakter. Heel even is er sprake van de hoofdrolspelers uit het eerste boek, ze komen ook even in beeld en spelen u ...more
Melodie
Oct 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
One Summer is the second installment of the Celebrity Magazine series. This one follows the prickly romance that develops between Celebrity photographer Bryan Mitchell and photojournalist Shade Wilder.
The two are sent off on a cross country mission to capture summer. It doesn't take long for sparks to fly as they try to get along in close quarters, each believing the other to be a royal pain in the ass.Of course the inevitable happens,even though both had decided that it shouldn't and wouldn't
Megi
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Thats it. Am done. Either Am too old or i have read too many of her books but am finding Nora Roberts monotonous which i never thought was possible. My last few books i read were less than liked them. They are boring, tedious and utterly repetitive. They are romance. But i read so many varieties of romance that am finding the old Nora Roberts boring. Its getting difficult to like her books and am so sorry that this happened. I could always depend upon her and now i feel as if someone died.
Aurelia Rowl

A fun, enjoyable, read with two strong, intriguing, main characters
Isabela Lopes
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Primeiramente, este foi o meu primeiro contato com uma obra da Nora Roberts e devo dizer que comecei com o pé direito.
Na primeira história, Segunda Natureza, temos os protagonistas Lee Radcliffe e Hunter Brown. A primeira jornalista de uma revista de celebridades, aspirante a escritora, e o segundo um escritor famoso de livros de terror. Lee tem a tarefa de escrever um artigo sobre o misterioso escritor e para isso terá que acampar com ele. Nesses dias sozinha com ele, uma paixão começa a surgir
Caitlin Norton
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-reading
My favourite Nora Roberts yet

There is something about this story that speaks to me. Something that is makes the reader become so introspective...so moved. The romance is sweet, the characters delightful. Yet there were moments of bittersweet feelings. Moments of silent passion so beautifully poised to paper, I was left shell shocked.
I love her work. Some more than others. But this one....this one stands above the rest. Because it pulls a quiet peace out of me while at the same time, it fills me
Elgyn
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
s. 13 Proč musí Vánoce skončit. Ale oni skončí
s. 20 Nebylo snadné ignorovat její úsměv, ale bylo téměř nemožné, ignorovat ty nohy
s. 42 rodiče byly

s. 53 ovce začaly mečet, ovce mečela Vždycky jsem si myslela, že ovce bečí.
podařilo přehodit ovci za plot Chudák ovce.

s. 54 Shade začala Tedy začal
s. 57 Slyšely [on a ona]
s. 61 udělaly (...) vyměnily [on a ona]
s. 64 obě pracovali
Bydleli jsem

s. 76 trik. “
s. 95 její city k Shadeovy
s. 98 na malém zaprášeném ranči v Bar T.
dusty little r
Mad
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5*
---
Opinião completa em breve
---

O livro em geral não é mau mas a autora podia ter escrito um livro maior, afinal, para um livro que se passa no decorrer de três meses e onde temos personagens tão complexas, 222 páginas sabe a pouco e faz parecer um pouco precipitado. Em geral, é um romance esperado mas bem escrito e perfeito para quando queremos ler algo leve e rápido.
monica
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amor en verano

Sencilla y fácil de leer.dos personas que tienen que trabajar juntas un tiempo.son opuestas en muchas cosas pero tienen en común el amor por la fotografia.poco a poco sus razones para no amar a nadie o dejar que nadie se acerque van perdiendo significado al enamorarse.la historia no está mal.
Fabienne
Well, it was certainly better than Second Nature.

Shade didn't seem as demanding and jerky and rough as Hunter was. Bryan was more relatable and interesting than Lee.

Plus, it was about photographers. Which may have been more appealing to me anyway.

It seems as if I like newer Nora Roberts better than these older ones.
Tammy
Feb 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is Nora, in the era of 1986...not my fav, too dated. I feel that most of what this feeling ties to is the narrator, just no life, no lines/definition between the characters....wishy-washy. She is just reading a book. I love so much the newer books, it is wonderful to see how she has grown as a writer.
Jeni
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2 photo journalists take on a 3-month project traveling across the USA. The have opposite personalities. Much of the plot was quite predictable, but still the details made it enjoyable storytelling.
Suzanne Hiron
I've read her most recent books first, so this one was a bit disappointing. I found the approach to sexual encounters from 1986 to be a bit borderline assault in some instances. Made me cringe sometimes. Thankfully, times have changed and so has her female characters. Still entertaining.
Irene
May 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the storyline but at times it became too wordy in describing the characters thoughts and feelings . Early Nora Roberts book . Always looking to read more of her books
Alexandra Robertson
2.5
This was much more entertaining and realistic than the first one, but it was still pretty bland. Cute and simple, with memorable quotes like 'he stirred her feminine needs' and 'she stroked the sheep's back in a way that was oddly sexual'.
Teresa Sablan
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy fast read

Easy fast read in complete roberts fashion. Love abounds and you will enjoy the characters of this story. Good read
Cinthya Maya
A great read, I loved it 😀
Linda Clarke
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

I gave the book 5 stars. I enjoyed this book and the two characters, it is another winner for Roberts.
Robyne (grl-1der-reader)
enjoyed. will never travel cross-country but feel as if i did w/ Shade and Bryan
Debbie
Jul 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mediocre

Not one of the best I've read by this author. Very predictable right from the beginning. Cute book that just doesn't grab you.
Gail A Ostrove
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shade and Bryan

Shade and Bryan are both photographers who had failed marraiges. They fall for each other during a project where they photograph summer scenes across the country.
Murr
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Love Nora Roberts, but her early books are just so so. This one didn’t do it for me.
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • The Cinderella Solution
  • A Little Moonlight
  • A Reckless Beauty (Romney Marsh, #5)
  • The Wedding Dress (The McDaniels, #3)
  • Exposed: Misbehaving with the Magnate (Hot Bed of Scandal #1)
  • With A Southern Touch: Adam\A Night In Paradise\Garden Cop
  • All They Need (Porter Siblings #1)
  • I Do, I Do, I Do
  • Witchcraft: Last Chance Cafe\Bayou Reunion
  • Twelve Across
  • Hired Husband (Fortune's Children #1)
  • The Hidden Heart (Aincourt's Hearts, #2)
  • Led Astray (Hellraisers, #1)
  • Silver Bullet (Night Fall, #6)
  • Christmas Weddings: His Christmas Eve Proposal / Snowbound Bride / Their Christmas Vows
  • Dating the Rebel Tycoon (The Kellys of Brisbane, #1)
  • After Hours

Celebrity Magazine (2 books)
  • Second Nature (Celebrity Magazine, #1)