Start by marking “Another Day in Paradise” as Want to Read:
Another Day in Paradise

Another Day in Paradise

(Louise Golden Mysteries #3)

Dog nappings have doubled on O`ahu over the past year. Brazen thefts of beloved pets from their homes have the community on edge. A beautiful, mysterious Chinese actress is distraught when her Pomeranian is stolen. Mail carrier Louise Golden finds the missing pooch, only to learn the actress is suddenly gone, with her belongings. Dogs are disappearing. Street people are be ...more
Published September 28th 2012 by Hoaka Moon Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Another Day in Paradise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Another Day in Paradise

Vicki
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is book 3 in the Louise Golden mystery series by Laurie Hanan, and I would have a tough time deciding which book I like more, all three are really good. They all kept my attention, had a wide range of great characters, unusual scenarios, and they all kept me guessing. Plus, you get a peek into life in Hawaii! Even with it’s tropical awesomeness, there are still bad things that happen, and bad people, just like every where on the planet.

I loved that Emmeline & Jackie were still in the se
Kerstin Lampert
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The third of the Louise Golden, Oahu mail carrier series has more twists and turns than the road to Hana, Maui. But if you really wnat to know what goes on in our Hawaii Paradise..... you'll just have to read it! Otherwise, we are keeping it a secret.
G.L. Jackson
Jan 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This is a book with great bones, but too much meat hanging off them (sorry, since many of the characters are vegetarians that might be a bad comparison). I can tell that the author put a lot of herself into the book and into the characters, particularly the main one. That's admirable but in this instance I think it gets in the way. There's a lot of description, particularly of meditation and its surrounding practices that doesn't further and wasn't necessary to the storyline.

It's also a book tha
Ellis Shuman
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What did I know about Hawaii before reading this book? I used to watch the police detective show "Hawaii Five-O" as a teenager and I recently enjoyed a George Clooney movie that took place there (I remember the actor running frantically down a street). Other than that, I pictured Hawaii as sandy beaches, lava-filled volcanoes, island hopping boat rides, and girls dancing with garlands of flowers around their necks. In short, paradise.

Reading this book I realized that there's a regular sort of li
Rick Ludwig
I had the honor of proof-reading this exciting new Louise Golden mystery and wanted to be the first to recommend it to readers both familiar and unfamiliar with Laurie Hanan's excellent series. As with any excellent series, a reader gets a full menu of delights from each of the three books whether or not they've read the preceding installments. This latest book is again set on the lovely Island of Oahu and takes our mail-carrier sleuth on an excitement-filled trip which includes a finely crafted ...more
Franki Demerle
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Laurie Hanan is like a magician with her plots, and Another Day in Paradise is no exception. She keeps her reader absorbed in the characters so you never expect what happens next. Like the first two Louise Golden mysteries, this one is easy to read and hard to put down. If you like a good murder mystery that keeps you guessing, this is it. It has a perfect ending. - Franki deMerle, authorFive Flowers
Eileen Goudge
Dec 26, 2013 rated it liked it
For a light mystery, this is good value. Fun but with just enough weight to keep it from blowing away with the tropical breezes in this novel set in Hawaii. Louise Golden is a mail carrier who seems to keep stumbling on special deliveries of the unwanted kind. I read it over the holidays when I was too stressed to concentrate on anything heavy. It was just the ticket.
Ann Andrews
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great mystery! The plot was placed perfectly to keep me guessing. I definitely did not see the ending sneaking up on me. Louise is charming and admirable and I look forward to reading more of her stories!
Darlene Mai
Apr 16, 2018
Sharon Rubinstein
Jun 06, 2017
Laurie Hanan
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
kc
Jul 28, 2016
Laurie grew up in the picturesque islands of the South Pacific. Her father pioneered air travel to many of the tiny islands, and Laurie often accompanied him on his flights. She moved to Seattle to study photography and dance at the University of Washington. While there, she discovered an interest in Jewish Studies, Hebrew, and Middle Eastern dance. She moved to Israel to pursue these subjects, ea ...more

Louise Golden Mysteries (4 books)
  • Almost Paradise
  • How Far Is Heaven? (Louise Golden mystery #2)
  • Stairway to Heaven (Louise Golden Mysteries #4)