Start by marking “Supernova (The Commons, #1)” as Want to Read:
Supernova (The Commons, #1)

Supernova

(The Commons #1)

All Lily wants is a fresh start. A desk job in a cryonics lab, miles from home, seems like the perfect way to begin her new life. She just doesn’t expect her employers to be a pair of power-hungry psychopaths from the far future who won’t let anyone stand in their way, including their quiet receptionist.

Hauling a pile of museum artifacts in a dilapidated patrol ship, the w
Published September 18th 2012 by Shadow Press

To ask other readers questions about Supernova, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Supernova

Start your review of Supernova (The Commons, #1)
Carolyn F.
Time travel sci-fi romance. I know some people didn't feel the romance was realistic but I thought it was. I kind of liked the ending - everything didn't turn out perfect but it did turn out good enough - kind of like life sometimes. ...more
Pamela
Nov 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle, reviewed, sci-fi
Travis
Sep 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: story-bundle
Not a bad story, though honestly, I'm not all that clear on who the enemy race is, and why they're trying to change things. It's covered, but the coverage is kind of thin, so ....
The story could be better, but being the first of a series, I'm hoping the rest of the series fills in a lot of details left out in this first volume.
Sandra
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. Fun space opera/romance. Although it never made sense to me why the Nym stored Lily with plans to kill her later. They could have just killed her to start with.
Llaph
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, ctr, time-travel
Lily Stewart, a receptionist at a Cryogenics Lab, moves to the city for a new start in life. She expects the same normal and boring day and not to witness her new boss going crazy and attacking someone. Being abducted and waking up 850 years in the future was not part of that day either. Now she will have to deal with finding her place with this new time and the straight-laced Captain in charge.

Rian Marska is the captain of a dilapidated star ship crewed with slackers and trouble makers. His shi
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Feb 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: time-travel

Jane
Jan 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3, kindle, to-review
Supernova by Jessica Marting

3.5 Stars

Supernova is a Sci-fi read with a great plot. Our MC Lily went to work expecting a normal day at the office but instead she witnessed her boss going psycho on his latest client and she ended up 850 years in the future, in the middle of major interplanetary unrest.

The concept was definitely interesting and had me wondering and guessing what was going to happen to Lily. What did they want with her? Would she want to stay in the future or would she want to find
Amy
Dec 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: older-ya, free
www.the-book-diaries.blogspot.com

I was so impressed with this book and I’m actually surprised that it hasn’t gotten higher ratings. As a new reader to the Sci-Fi genre, I am relatively picky what I choose to read. This book had just the right amount of everything for me to enjoy. The "technical speech" when it came to futuristic stuff did not confuse or overwhelm me to the point that I couldn’t comprehend it, the characters were entertaining and intriguing, the romance was not overly or under do
Yellagirlgc
Nov 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-books
I received a free copy of this book for an honest review.
Reading this book definitely took me back to my days of watching Star Trek. Lily is from the past & wakes up after being attacked by aliens from the future. She wakes up on acting Captain Rians ship & discovers she likes the future in outer space. We get a chance to see from her perspective what it's like meeting new beings, adapting to change, living & traveling through space. There are a lot of differences for her such as clothes, food,
The TBR Pile *Book review site*

Holy smokin’ space-ships, Batman! I’ve never read anything by Ms. Martin, but let me assure you I will leap at any chance to read more by her now. I’ve been looking for a good sci-fi
romance, rather than para-rom, and this gave it to me. The world building is top notch and you sincerely feel like you’re seeing the world (galaxy/universe) as it might be in eight centuries. Ms. Martin doesn’t focus overmuch on the technology, which to my mind is a good thin
Dana
Dec 25, 2012 rated it liked it
I really liked the story line and plot to this book. Sci-fi romance and space it a very interesting avenue that is not as extensively written about compared to vampires and werewolves. I only gave this book three stars because there was way too much bad language and explicit sex scenes. This book could have been much better without describing exactly what was going on. Had the sex scenes not been so graphic I probably would rate it between 4 and 4.5 stars.
Paddy O'callaghan
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Marting is incredibly eloquent,and must be a genius to have come up with this. I shall be buying all his book from pas present and future ,if there are any, of course.
Jeannette
Sarah-jayne Sanders
Penny
Khadija

• The Answer Is…: Reflections on My Life
  • Nairobi Jack (Saving Time, #3)
  • Millennium Crash (Watchbearers, #1)
  • The Retrieval Artist
  • Yes: Perpetual Change
  • The Redemption of Michael Hollister (Middle Falls Time Travel #2)
  • 15 Minutes (The Rewind Agency #1)
  • The Legacy Human (Singularity, #1)
  • The Continuum (Place in Time, #1)
  • The Successful Life of Jack Rybicki (Middle Falls Time Travel #11)
  • Genome: the Autobiography of a Species in 23 Chapters
  • The Empathetic Life of Rebecca Wright (Middle Falls Time Travel #10)
  • Blue Apocalypse (End Days #1)
  • The Many Short Lives of Charles Waters (Middle Falls Time Travel #12)
  • The Stubborn Lives of Hart Tanner: A Middle Falls Time Travel story
  • Absolute Fourth World by Jack Kirby Vol. 1
  • Absolute DC: The New Frontier
  • Vanished (Greywalker, #4)
Jessica Marting is a sci-fi and paranormal romance author, art enthusiast (not quite an artist, despite all that time in art school), an avid reader, and makeup collector. She lives in Toronto.

The Commons (2 books)
  • Celestial Chaos (The Commons, #2)

News & Interviews