Start by marking “The Dom with a Safeword (Badass Brats, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Dom with a Safeword (Badass Brats, #1)

The Dom with a Safeword

(Badass Brats #1)

Late at night, on an amateur ghost hunt, Sabrina and her best friend Q are caught trespassing by the gorgeous, blonde Jude. The embers of attraction between them sizzle when they discover Judes kinks match their own.

Jude is a Dom on his last summer of freedom before starting the prison sentence that is med school. Q is a bad-ass bi switch who knows what she wants, and for
Published October 25th 2012 by Wicked Cucumber (first published October 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Dom with a Safeword, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dom with a Safeword

Start your review of The Dom with a Safeword (Badass Brats, #1)
Silent_count
Nov 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
If there's something strange in your neighbourhood, who 'ya gonna call?

How could you not love a book which opens with a quote from the title song from Ghostbusters? That little, seemingly inconsequential quote serves well to set the tone for the proceedings because this book is a curious creature. It's giddy and exuberant... and it's contagious.

Most of the intimate things we do are, at best, a tangential to procreation. We kiss, hold hands and make out because they're fun. Sadly, somewhere
carol
Dec 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: adults and BDSM readers
Recommended to carol by: Lei-Reading Is An Adventure
I quite liked this story, light hearted at times, serious at others, romance and bratty subs and a Dom with amazing tolerance and a sense of humour.
It is a ménage story with supposedly straight, Sabrina, encouraged into her submission by bi switch, Q, and an adorable Dom to both girls, Jude.

Needed a light BDSM and a HEA end read right now, yet still with some angst, and this has these elements. It also reflects what for some is a difficult step...coming out of the closet to close and extended
 Rosebud
Jude just wants to spend a relaxing summer by himself before he has to start med school when he discovers two girls trespassing on his property in the middle of the night. Doesn't anyone understand that he just wants to be left alone?
Sabrina and Q, roommates and best of friends, are searching for concrete evidence of ghosts when they're caught trespassing and sent on their way. Q doesn't want to disappoint Sabrina so she finds a way for them to get back into Jude's home only to discover that
Dee
Nov 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
50% in I was still unsure if I going to like this story or not. The constant use of some 'cute' names irked me (view spoiler) however I got used to them and found they lessened further into the story. Likewise probably due to the names I didn't overly care for Q or Sabina (intially) however the last 1/3 of the book was great and I came to really like the girls and Jude!! Well I liked Jude throughout the entire story :)
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Angeline's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

5 Stars

The collaboration of authors Cari Silverwood, Leia Shaw, and Sorcha Black is a three-some made in literary heaven. They do a fantastic job telling a great story that I loved.

Best friends and roommates, Q and Sabrina, constantly live with their attraction for one another. The two, sexy women meet Jude during a night of ghost hunting. Jude is only in town for the summer. A friendship begins and the three quickly agree to explore a
Cor Cordium
4 1/2 STARS...rounded up to 5

SOME SPOILERS

I really like this...a lot! I'm not really a fan of BDSM books, mainly because most, in my opinion aren't well written or I can't get into the characters heads.

In Dom with A Safeword, I really enjoyed the characters. At first, I was a little uncomfortable with the relationship between Q and Sabrina. I'm not particularly a fan of FF type stories - because like many BDSM stories, I don't find them to be well written or relatable. But any awkwardness I
The Smutty Kitty
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As posted on The Smutty Kitty reviewed by Witty Kitty

5 out of 5 Licks

If you are a fan of BDSM or Ménage books I recommend checking out these three authors because you wont be disappointed.

Sabrina and her best friend Q are out ghost hunting and happen to end up at what they think is a deserted house. They are surprised to find Jude is living there and spending the summer fixing it up before he goes to medical school. Jude is a Dom and worried medical school will get in the way of his kinky side.
TheMadHatter
Dec 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
I usually read anything that Leia Shaw publishes. I like her writing style. I love her dialogue. I enjoy her characters. However, when I saw this book I decided against reading it as the idea of three authors working on one book sounded like a disaster and I didn't like the previous book she co-authored in the same genre as this one.

However, a few people recommended it and I wanted a light book to end my year's reading challenge (especially as the previous book I read was a bit depressing).
Paris        (kerbytejas)
Nov 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-2012
I loved this story.. the characters were so real. My only complaint was I would have like them to do a few more things together (besides having sex) - more day to day activities, even though they were not officially living together. I also wanted to know more about Nico's & Q's relationship and why Q needed so much "pain" to be happy.
I was so happy with the ending (view spoiler)
Cari Silverwood
Nov 19, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: bdsm

5 Stars
This review from Night Owls reviews is not posted on Goodreads. LINK:
Anna
This is an incredibly written story about two girls; one bi, the other is convinced that she is not only straight but hates sex. They fall in love, with sweet perfectly hot and Dom-y Jude and ech other. Just a great story, and a wonderful read. I would recommend this to anyone, and will be looking for more like this
Brandy
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! Talk about hot....damn I need a fan lol
Melissa Anderson
Nov 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in one night it was funny and heartwarming all in one book I hope they write more about these characters..
Ni_kii
Nov 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Review is up at http://scorchingbookreviews.blogspot....

Cari Silverwood is one of my favourite writers. This one is a little lighter than her other works (possibly as it is co-authored) but I still devoured it in one sitting. I loved all of the separate characters but I adored Jude for allowing these two women to finally allow themselves to express their feelings for each other. Yes there is FF contact in this book, in fact there is a lot of it, but the emotions that are apparent in every word,
Nerine Dorman
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ill come clean from the start and say that I was a beta-reader for this novel, and loved every minute of it. Three authors might seem like a bit of a handful when it comes to writing one story, but Leia Shaw, Cari Silverwood and Sorcha Black certainly have chemistry and sparks in all the right places.

Although there were a few times where I did notice a bit of an unevenness in style, the ladies hold everything together masterfully. What I especially appreciated was the authenticity of the
Mrs. Missive
This book hit me at a great 4.5 stars. I rounded up for Goodreads scale.

Are your batteries charged ladies? Seriously. It was that hot. I haven't found a book with F/f scenes that rang as true to me as this one did in awhile.

We are told this story by the three members of our trio. The POV jumps from person to person, allowing us inside each of their heads. This has the making of a really disjointed novel, but I gotta say, I was rapt. I could not believe there were three authors here. The voice
Evita
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The story revolves around Jude-the Dom and his submissives Q and Sabrina (Q also is a Domme to Sabrina). They meet Jude during a ghost hunt and gradually get to know each other and eventually they all agree to a summer relationship.

Jude cannot say no to dominating such bratty subs, he takes on the challenge and boy does he have his hands full. He cannot believe some of the comments they throw his way, so of course he has to find ways to punish those infractions that will end up pleasing at least
Laz the Sailor
Nov 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: smut
This was good fun, as an MFF with a good amount of BDSM thrown in. The characters had interesting personalities, and their relationship developed naturally - well, if you consider tied up and spanked natural... Plus, there is a nice introduction to bondage and submission, with the Dom being a really nice guy, so he's not too scary. I wished that he would really react to all the sassy backtalk and really be dominant for one scene.

Each of the main characters gets a turn to drive the story, which
Erzabet Bishop
What do you get when you have a ghost hunter and her best friend trying to investigate a haunted house, only to find a hunky guy in residence instead? You get a threesome that will have you reaching for the ice water and going back for more.

The dynamics of this book are stellar. You have a Q who is a rebel with a questionable cause, Sabrina the girlie girl who is questioning her sexuality and Jude, the Dom who is about to leave for med school. There are some very intense scenes with Q and
Rea
Nov 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. I'm not into menage at all but I thought I'd give it a chance and I'm glad I did! I absolutely adored Q's character... I related to her from everything to attitude, physical appearance, and likes/dislikes. I would love a spinoff or another book with her in it!! I thought the relationship between the three was very realistic and believable as well as the sex...I wasn't rolling my eyes like I normally do reading romance books. The only complaint I ...more
Christine
Nov 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love love loved this book.....It is one of the hottest books i have read in a while, The dynamic between Jude the Dom, Q the Domme/ Switch and Sabrina who will their help discovers her Bi/ sub side, works really well.....There a is lot of Hot scenes but it is the love that develops between the three that also keeps you hooked , also the cheeky side of the two bratty subs is fun to read..If you are a lover of BDSM books then i would recommend this as a must read.....
Moira
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
BDSM with Laughter!!
Donna
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely brilliant!

I haven't enjoyed a book as much as this one in a while. It has all the perfect elements, Great characters that you connect to straight away, an interesting story which makes you not want to put it down, hot sexual scenes which make you melt and humour ... Oh and if course a heavy dose of angst followed by a HEA!
LOVED IT
This review first appeared on A Weebish Book Blog https://aweebishbookblog.com.
The first Badass Brats novel isnt my favorite of the series, but it does hold a special place in my heart. Before reading this novel I was intimidated by M/F/F. I have no idea why because Ive always been more attracted to women, but its true. THE DOM WITH A SAFEWORD introduced me to a love of all things M/F/F and served to remind me that kink has all flavors and while your kink might not be my kink and thats okay.

Dont
Shayna
These three authors: Cari Silverwood, Leia Shaw, and Sorcha Black, are a forced to be reckoned with! I can't begin to tell you how happy this book made me. The Dom with a Safeword is one of my favorite books that I have read this year.

As a HUGE fan of the TV show GhostHunters, you can see why Sabrina instantly became my favorite character. When Sabrina and Q find the perfect house to start their ghost hunt, they find that it's occupied by a gorgeous, sexy man who is too beautiful to be a ghost.
Holly Full Moon Bites Book Reviews

May have slight spoilers.

I absolutely loved this book!

The Dom with a Safeword was a really fun, sexy, emotional and HOT read! Q is very blunt, crass and bi, mostly for her best friend Sabrina. When they run into Jude, a gorgeous and kinky Dom, while on an amateur, and non-sanctioned, ghost hunt Q learns that Sabrina is very submissive.

While she knows Sabrina has always done what she said, she has never really pushed it, trying to hide her attraction from Sabrina who is says she is very
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
This was my first F/F/M menage book. I can't quite put my finger on what was missing but it was missing something. Maybe it's that I wasn't attracted to any of the characters-not sure exactly. Theoretically, the D/s was impressive, all things that normally get my motor running but it just lacked something for me. Sabrina is your typical ditzy blonde who's main concerns are about fashion & how her hair looks; she does have a thing for ghosts but even that didn't interest me. Q is a goth kid ...more
Kinkstarter
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poly, brat, mff
Though I started out frowning about the premise, I absolutely loved this book. I've read a lot of BDSM erotica over the years, but few of them have managed to make me both laugh and cry. The thing is: I'm not a big fan of Silverwood's writing. So I did not expect much from this novel. And boy did it surprise me.

The characters are likeable and believable, the BDSM scenes are hot, and the paranormal elements would satisfy both believers and non-believers. But this novel manages to do much more.
Tanja
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG !!!!

i just went crazy for this story !!! love it when you are free to be yourself and not be judged by others what you do, who you are, and most importantly who you love !!!

I never thought it would be so fun being a brat LOL the book gave it a whole new perspective LOL (mental note to myself:must try out!!!) what is most important is that all of it didn't feel forced - the complexity, the stubbornness, the pain, the raw feeling, the brat-ing
the characters have such a touch to them that
Nona Raines
Nov 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Guilty Pleasures: The Dom with a Safeword (Badass Brats #1) 26 19 May 09, 2014 02:23AM

• Sunstone, Vol. 3
  • Sunstone, Vol. 4
  • Sunstone, Vol. 5
  • Sunstone, Vol. 2
  • Fake It For Daddy (Sugar Daddy, #1)
  • Sunstone, Vol. 1
  • Safe Harbor (Suncoast Society, #1)
  • Yes, Mistress
  • Sugar Daddies
  • Succubus Bargain (The (un)Lucky Succubus, #1)
  • Board Resolution (Knights of the Board Room, #1)
  • Firm Hand (Perfect Hands, #1)
  • Learning to Drown
  • Small Town Siren (Texas Sirens, #1)
  • Yes Daddy (Dark Daddies #1)
  • Feral King (The Dominant Bastard Duology #1)
  • Tragic King (The Dominant Bastard Duology #2)
  • Submission (Doms of Club Eden #1)
Sorcha Black writes kink romance, both alone and co-written under the name Sparrow Beckett.

Badass Brats (5 books)
  • The Dom with the Perfect Brats (Badass Brats, #2)
  • The Dom with the Clever Tongue (Badass Brats, #3)
  • The Dom with the Kink Monsters (Badass Brats, #4)
  • The Dom with the Deviant Kittens (Badass Brats, #5)

News & Interviews