Start by marking “Zombies at Tiffany's” as Want to Read:
Zombies at Tiffany's

Zombies at Tiffany's

(The Kat Lightfoot Mysteries #1)

Kat Lightfoot thought that getting a job at the famed Tiffany’s store in New York would be the end to her problems ... she has money, new friends, and there’s even an inventor working there who develops new weapons from clockwork, and who cuts diamonds with a strange powered light. This is 1862, after all, and such things are the wonder of the age.
But then events take a tu
Published 2012 by Telos

To ask other readers questions about Zombies at Tiffany's, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zombies at Tiffany's

Helen
Zombies, steampunk and diamonds? I knew when I saw this book at the Sci-Fi weekender that I had to read it!

It’s set at the time of the American civil war where a zombie outbreak starts spreading in New York. Kat Lightfoot, a young woman who has just started working at Tiffany’s, takes refuge from the zombie hordes at work with a mismatched group of her colleagues and customers.

I like that Sam Stone has not followed the usual zombie rules, and has created something different and unexpected here.
Velvetink
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
kindle - The Walking Dead script writers should read this - there is a cure for zombie bites.
Jessica
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
This is a cute and quickly read young adult zombie and steampunk book. Sensible ladies, interesting weapons and a unusual take on the zombie-concept. My teenage self would have loved this one - as an adult I find it an ok and pleasant read but would have preferred a deeper and longer story to really become engaged in it.
Kelly Beckett
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Having previously read all of Sam Stone's other books with the exception of Silent Sand, which I will be reading very soon as I have just ordered it, I had to pre order Zombies At Tiffany's as I just could not wait to read it. I have to say I was definately not disappointed with this. I sat and read it from start to finish as I could not put the book down I was so engrossed in it.
I loved everything about the book from the amazing cover art to the zombie who would only eat kosher brains which I
Jane
Sep 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Zombies at Tiffany's is an enjoyable novella and a thrilling new world to be plunged into.

It's set in the US at the time of the civil war and features Kat a young lady who is employed at Tiffany's. Sam Stone has put her own spin on the zombie mythos with some interesting features, that I hadn't come across before - I'm not a Zombie expert though.

Added to the mix is a smattering of steampunk which makes for a heady enjoyable mashup of genres.

It's a pacey read and short, with plenty of gore for th
Jo
Oct 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Kelli Sprowls
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: zombie
I have to say that the description tells you everything you need to know about this book. The setting is wonderfully done, and the author did a pretty good job of making me care for the characters. That being said...I really wanted more from the book somehow. The end resolution took place very quickly, in almost a Deus Ex Machina kind of way which was disappointing to me as the build up of the story had been so well done. I really wish that there had been more time spent on the ending. Overall I ...more
Fiona
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a really enjoyable book....a great mix of characters, action, and zombies....all in a Steampunk world set during the American Civil War. I'm planning to buy and read more in this series.
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it, finished
Anna
Nov 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge fan of Sam Stone and after buying this book, couldn't wait to crack on with it. On Saturday night, I started reading 'Zombies at Tiffany's' her steampunk Zombie Novella, and despite being extremely tempted to stay up reading all night, I reluctantly put the book down at 11pm and returned to it the next day. By mid afternoon on Sunday I'd finished the 180+ page novella.

I simply hadn't been able to put the book down. I'm not normally interested in Novella's if I'm honest. I can count t
Marisa Grimes
Apr 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: already-bought
The writing is really well done and the story kept me engaged the whole time. The concept of dialight and diamond bullets was really interesting and I am always a sucker for any kind of steampunk and this book had some cool guns and an airship. The *only* thing keeping this from being a 4 star for me is the cheesy idea behind the cats. That was just a bit too silly for my taste.
Gert-Jan Kramer
Jan 01, 2015 rated it liked it
A fast-paced zombie romp and good introduction of Kat Lightfoot, a loveable heroine who knows her Tiffany diamonds from her steampunk bullets. Once the darkness of the civil war battefields is descending on the civilized streets of New York, there are some pretty gruesome goings-on for fans of the walking dead. Not so sure about the ending, but a fun read on all other counts.
Sasha Drennan
Aug 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Overall an enjoyable read and a fresh new take on zombies. I was fascinated by the concept of the 'darkness', the hive mind and of cats as our protectors. Kat Lightfoot is a strong and feisty heroine and I'm looking forward to reading more of her adventures. The only negatives for me were some slightly clumsy dialogue and prose now and again; also some slightly too pat plot twists.
tiffany griffiths
Enjoyable

This book I found enjoyable, although it seemed a little more 'vanilla' than I expected. The characters are vibrant and make me wish for the next story!
Paul Tokarski
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
reading through the eyes of Kat
Adrian Bowman
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Kat Jennings is a different kind of hero and you can't help liking her. The take on the Zombies is also refreshingly different but no less scary for it.
Jane Caruana
Sep 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great fun, really liked the use of some characters from the Truman Capote book of similar name :)
Helen Stokes
May 25, 2017
Geoff Jones
Feb 11, 2014
'Mistress of the grisly and the glutinous' - GRAHAM MASTERTON

'A deceptively readable date with darkness – watch your step! This book is lit for the much more discerning chick (and cock) who likes to walk in the shadows. Relax with it, but be prepared for sudden jewels and little masterpieces – and the rug to be pulled from under your feet.’ - TANITH LEE on Killing Kiss.

GENRE AUTHOR.

BIOGRAPHY
EDUCAT

The Kat Lightfoot Mysteries (6 books)
  • Kat on a Hot Tin Airship
  • What's Dead Pussykat
  • Kat of Green Tentacles (Kat Lightfoot Mysteries Book 4)
  • Kat and the Pendulum (Kat Lightfoot Mysteries Book 5)
  • Ten Little Demons (The Kat Lightfoot Mysteries Book 6)