Start by marking “A Terrible Love (A Terrible Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Terrible Love (A Terrible Love, #1)

A Terrible Love

(A Terrible Love #1)

Jess Mackey is living a meticulously fabricated lie of necessity. She's left the secret tragedy of her past behind along with who she was and is forging ahead with a clean slate. But Jess soon discovers that passion can't be left behind—neither her own, nor that of the one man who sees who she really is…and whose unexpected presence may breach the peaceful life Jess has pa ...more
Published February 11th 2013 by Tamara Rose Blodgett

To ask other readers questions about A Terrible Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Terrible Love

Jennifer Kyle
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A Terrible Love was a heart pounding, panty dropping, suspenseful read and I LOVED every second of it!! I’m still experiencing the high from the adrenaline rush.

I wasn’t expecting to completely devour this book but I did. All the while my heart was racing from the first page to the very last one.

The story was not only well written but had ALL of the characteristics that I check off when finding that “good read”.

description

• One or more HOT alpha bad boys
• Terrific sidekick/best friend
• Hot chemistry
• Great story
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 OUTRAGEOUSLY GOOD STARS

When I first saw this book there was just something about it that was calling to me. The cover seemed to scream “READ ME”!!! So I decided to squeeze it in and see what it was about. HOLY COW am I glad I did. It was a surprisingly intense, dramatically heart stopping read. It gave me tingles, turned me on and freaked me out all at the same time. The prologue was freaky...

description

seriously I f
Christy
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 ‘Cas’ lovin’ stars!!!!!

A fantastic read with angst, drama, suspense, and a steamy love triangle!!!

Jess (aka Jewell) has been through a lot. Two years ago, she has to run away from her family. Her parents are influential and her step brother is a psycho. She has changed her name, hair color, eye color, everything about her. She has spent the last two years living under the radar. That is about to change.

And for the fist time in two years I really begin to live. The secret has been killing me. Taking small chunks out of
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
Well, I guess this one just wasn't for me. I felt like I knew almost nothing about Jess or Cas. I didn't connect to them, or feel their connection to each other. The last 15% or so was interesting, but the twist felt so out of the blue, it was disjointed. I also wanted to know what happened to Brad. He was kinds of "there" (though I don't understand his purpose at all) and then he was just gone. Never to me mentioned again.

Not for me.
Rose
This is a review that hurts to write because I can't say that I enjoyed any part of "A Terrible Love" in the aftermath. When you have characters that are threadbare and have very little to hold onto, that's one measure. When you have abrasive characters who are constantly at each others throats and championed for that violence, that's another. When you have a very thin and unbelievable plot, that's yet another problem. And yet another thing to consider is that your convoluted writing can throw t ...more
Sam
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Totally loved this book! I was hooked from the first page!

Jewell MacLeod is a victim and hiding from her horrific past under the new name Jess Mackey. Jess meets hunky Mitch Maverick and the hot bad boy Devin Castile and is torn between her desires for Devin and her friendship with Mitch. The sexual tension between the characters are hot!

I like that it is told from the point of view of each of the characters, it gives you different views of the story from their perspectiv
~ Becs ~
Feb 13, 2013 rated it liked it
This is probably best described as a new adult contemporary romance with a bit of suspense and had a bit of a Beautiful Disaster vibe to it.

After a traumatic event, Jess, our heroine, his hiding out at college under an assumed identity in fear of of her life. She’s keeping secrets from everyone, even her best friend. She’s a former ballerina and hasn’t been dancing for fear of discovery but gets coerced into a dance trial and dancing starts to bring her unwelcome and uninvited attent
Stella
2.5 Stars

I so wanted to have LOVED this book, and for a few chapters I promise I had. But I just liked it

WHAT I LIKED:
THE COVER - so beautiful!
Love triangle - Yay!
Tattoed Bad Boy who rides a Harley - *fan herself Devin YUMMIE Castile.
A likeable whiny heroine - you don't feel like punching her - *sigh in relief
It's well written (despite the need of some editing for punctuation and spelling).
It has a dynamic pace

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:

There were s/>WHAT/>WHAT
Vanessa
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Review: A Terrible Love by Marata Eros
“Her pleas go unheeded. I bear witness in a dark locked closet; shamed, terrified and soaking in my own sweat and tears, I hear what he does and I can’t stop it. Faith saved me, and my apathy murdered her.”

Jess Mackey is a sophomore at the University of Washington, far away from home. She tries to blend in, stay anonymous amongst her peers. With dark blonde hair and blue eyes, no one could possibly know she’s really Jewell MacLeod, daughter
Arlene
Feb 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, romance, read-2013
“Malevolence hangs just out of reach, waiting for its companion, opportunity.”

With A Terrible Love, Marata Eros delivers a sinister yet erotic plot casted with captivating characters that twist and turn the story at precisely timed moments. The initial chapters immediately drew me in, but it was the ultimate direction of the novel that kept me furiously turning the ePages. This is an original and intriguing story that provided constant intrigue and excitement, which was exactly what I was in the mood for
Beth
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Jewell MacLeod life is filled with secrets, deadly secrets. Sometimes the deepest and scariest secrets are caused by your family. Jewell’s step brother and the senator’s son, Thaddeus MacLeod is a monster. The only way for Jewell to escape from this monster was to hide and become someone else. Jewell became Jess Mackey, a student at the University of Washington. New hair color, contacts to hide her eyes, always keeping her head down and hiding in plan sight, Jess has spent 2 years carefully conc ...more
Michelle
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it

Jess Mackey has escaped, but she has spent the last two years in hiding. She ran from the life she knew and had to leave any ties to her old life behind. But a chance at dancing again is something that secretly she never let go of. Between dancing and the mysterious Devin Castile, she starts to live a little more each day. But living might just cause her guard to slip.

Devin Castile is the mysterious Senior. He's a transfer and already has quite the reputation, but when his eyes lock with Jess's there is n
Lorie
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 ‘INTERESTING TURN OF EVENTS’ STARS

I really loved this book, it’s still running around in my head, and I don’t really think I can put down complete and coherent sentences yet. So, here are my initial thoughts:

• Sexy cover that screams READ ME!

• New bad boy on the block...... Devin Castile. Leather + tattoo + motorcycle. “Devin Castile is all sex-and-hotness wrapped up in a dangerous package.”

• Fan-fucking-tastic Prologue. This one is dark and powerful.

• You don't even have to ventur
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love
5 Nail-Biting Stars!

What a fantastic read! This book had me on the edge of my seat and glued to my e-reader from the first page...and it never let go! I devoured this book, I couldn't put it down. The further you got in to the story, the more questions you had. I had to keep reading to see how it would all play out. This book had it all....action, suspense, humor, love, drama.

I can't say too much without giving away the best parts of the story and it makes it so much more exciting t
Claire Robinson
Oct 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF - Nothing bad about this book it just didn't grab me, and after 25% I am calling it quits, cause if it hasn't got my attention by now it isn't likely to.
Dianne
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Adults
I was hooked from the painfully dark first page! The background for the story was set up with brutality and the images were stark, young Jewell is hiding in a closet while her best friend becomes the victim of her sadistic step-brother's rage. The next scene is the bleakness of the funeral for Faith, and Jewell resolves to flee, change everything about herself and start a new life.

Skipping ahead two years into that new life, with the same pain and guilt that has had time to age and ferment, the girl now call
Kat

This was a disappointing read. I couldn't connect with any of the characters and the story was at times confusing.

None of the characters were fleshed out, including the narrator Jess Mackey. She wasn't relatable and I had a hard time believing her history/storyline. Devin Castile seemed more caveman than mysterious hero. I didn't think he was hot nor could I see this chemistry between Cas and Jess Mackey. He would say all there was between them was sex, they would hook up (once in a janitor clo
ValerieC
I have been trying to read through tye big list of books on my Kindle. This took a while to get into, but it was worth sticking with.
Ange
Sep 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-books
A Terrible Love
by Marata Eros
This is Ms. Eros' maiden voyage into the Contemporary Romance genre. Oh my Lordy Lou people!!!! If she were playing cricket, she'd have hit a six, into the back row of the crowd at the MCG!! (Melbourne Cricket Ground)
For those who have no idea what I'm talking about....the ball was hit out of the field; a hole in one; TOUCHDOWN!....you get the picture I think!

I know you're probably thinking: "Settle down Ange, really?" ....My answer to you: "
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Feb 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Jenny: So, this is another one we knew nothing about going into it and what an enjoyable, mysterious, suspenseful and hot read it turned out to be.

We meet Jewell Macleod aka Jess Mackey who is in hiding from her past, specifically her crazy step brother Thadeus who is hell bent on revenge over something that happened a couple of years back. Jess has many secrets and trying to keep them under wraps becomes harder and harder as she begins to let people in.

Gitte, even though
Cocktails and Books

This one had such strong potential but it fell completely flat. The writing style was disjointed and seemed to jump from scene to scene...even if the scene we were just in left you hanging.

I felt bad for the heroine, Jess/Jewel, but more times than not, it seemed like she was encouraging trouble to come find her rather than moving forward in her life. One prime example...the door knob on her dorm room was broken and it was taken campus maintenance forever to fix it. So if y
Sally
Feb 22, 2013 rated it liked it
I finished A Terrible Love by Marata Eros last night. For the first time I am completely at a loss how to even rate or review this book. The weird thing is I really, really liked this book but I cannot ignore the fact that it wasn’t very well written. Before I read it I saw a review from someone who said that the dialogue was off & didn’t make sense a lot of the time. That person was absolutely right; I saw that as well & still liked the book anyway. So even though I am confused & mi ...more
Lori
Jess Mackey had a brutal life. She does the only thing she can do to save herself. She runs and hides. Determined to never be found she tries to close herself off. However, soon cracks start to break through her shell and slowly and surely people start finding ways in. But only a little. Until Cas comes along and completely blows her shell to smithereens.

So you're a horror fan who secretly adores some hot NA/YA contemp romances. (Ok, so maybe it's not really a secret anymore). Then this is the
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Feb 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Jointly reviewed for: http://totallybookedblog.com/

/>Jenny:
LipSmackin' GoodBooks Bloggin' Bitches
I LOVED the plot to this story, it was absolutely AWESOME! This story had a cup of dark, a quart of thrilling, and a damn pound of super freaking sexy! I really didn't expect to get sucked in as quick as I did when I started reading this book. The reviews that I read didn't have me chomping at the bit to get to it. You damn crazy reviewers, this is a Fantastic 5 stars, and if you don't think so, well we probably can't be book BFF's, 'cause we don't roll the same, obviously, lol. Jess / Jewell is ...more
Aimes Sera
Jun 23, 2013 rated it did not like it
I can't even begin to describe how bad this novel is. Our heroine must have a personality of a middle schooler with personal intensity crisis. She can't make up her mind about anything and seems to be having a drama queen moment in every chapter. Its hard to pin point all the parts that made me want to crack my kindle in half since it seemed to be every other pages. I literally had to force myself to complete this novel since I hate leaving a book half way no matter how bad it is. In this case I ...more
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
Where did this book come from?! Effing-Amazing! Review to follow.

Jess Mackey is a liar...she has to be. It's her only way to stay alive. She is hiding in plain sight and really wants to stay that way... She can’t date, she can’t party...and she can’t fall for her fellow classmate Devin Castile. Jess meets Devin, a Harley riding, inked up alpha-male hottie. Devin knows she’s hiding something and wants to be her knight in shining armor… and he wants her in a bad way.
A Terrible Love by Marata Ero
Bookish Temptations
The title of this book has the word terrible in it, but other than that there is nothing but awesomeness for you to read and enjoy. It isn’t just that this book has great characters…which it does. It isn’t just that it also has a fabulous – I couldn’t put it down- story line…also true. It isn’t just that the book gave me all the feels…and then some. Nope…it was also written so beautifully that I was in book nirvana.
You can read the rest of my review here: http://bookishtemptations.com/2013/08...
MBR
ARC REVIEW: A Terrible Love by Marata Eros

Rating = 4.75/5

Caliber SEAL: FANTASTIC READ

Final Verdict: One hell of a page-turner. The twists and turns this book takes leaves you drained. Yep, that good!
Hbeebti
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was really good. Although Brock had me thoroughly confused. I mean did he ever get into trouble? I'm not sure I could ever stand to be around him after all of that. But I knew it, I knew it... that so and so wasn't what he seemed. I just knew it. Overall this was a really good read.

• Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Break the Night
  • The Savage Principle (#3)
  • A Lesson in Temptation (Stanton Family, #4)
  • Whose Bed Is It Anyway?
  • Montana Actually (Medicine River, #1)
  • Cullen's Bride
  • The Best Man
  • Guilty as Sin (Dead Wrong, #4)
  • Too Much (All or Nothing, #1)
  • Anticipation (Brothers Ink #2)
  • Going the Distance
  • Skin Heat (Skin, #3)
  • The Lonely (The Lonely, #1)
  • House of Glass
  • The Sister Swap
NEW RELEASE ALERT: bit.ly/MarataNEWS

Marata Eros is the author of over ninety-five titles, including her NEW YORK TIMES bestselling novel, A TERRIBLE LOVE, and the #1 international bestselling erotic Interracial and African-American TOKEN serial. Marata writes a variety of dark fiction in the genres of erotica, fantasy, romance, suspense and sci-fi. She and her husband live in the midwest with their four s

A Terrible Love (2 books)
  • A Brutal Tenderness (A Terrible Love, #2)
“I guess I'm giving in to life. It's like the ocean breaking against the rocks: it simply wears me down until I given in. It was only a matter of time.” 20 likes
“We're terrible together."
"It's not about true love, Jess."
"If it were love then it's a terrible love.”
15 likes