Start by marking “Sólo un juego” as Want to Read:
Sólo un juego

Sólo un juego

Parks Jones era insufrible y Brooke Gordon ardía en deseos de pinchar el globo de su ego. Por desgracia, también era brillante... y el protagonista de una campaña publicitaria que Brooke debía dirigir. Y ahí era donde estaba el problema. Para colmo, Brooke se sentía intensamente atraída por él, aunque no pensaba reconocerlo. Parks, sin embargo, tenía otros planes y estaba ...more
Published April 2010 by Harlequin Iberica (first published 1984)

Meg
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: print-book, read-2018
This was a book I read many years ago. I was (and still am) a fan of Nora Roberts' writing, including her books as J.D. Robb, and gave this one a quick re-read when I ran across it while redoing some shelves. It's one of the few print books I've read within the last couple years, being a diehard Kindle user, but I have many more that I hope to have a chance to revisit before too long.
Fernanda
não sei porquê tenho sempre algum "pudor" em atribuir menos de 3 estrelas, acho que o autor merece sempre pelo esforço apesar de historia não ser exactamente "the one"!

bem, apesar de ser NR, nota-se perfeitamente que foi escrito nos anos 80, mais ou menos no incio da sua carreira.
esta historia pouco ou nada trás de novo. recheada de "clichés" o que acaba por condicionar algum envolvimento maior com os personagens.
apesar de ser uma historia "cute" fica um certo vazio porque não houve um amadur
Amy
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
As a baseball fan and a Nora Roberts fan, I thought a Nora Roberts book with a baseball theme would be a treat. Sadly, my knowledge of baseball actually hurt my ability to enjoy this book. I know it wasn't meant to be a guide to understanding the game, but the baseball parts should have been reviewed by someone who knows the sport (like winning a World Series isn't the same as winning a pennant). Oh well, I guess it's not realistic to expect to like every book an author writes!
Pallavi Bansod
I picked up this novel to enjoy a slow & romantic read which is the general theme of Nora Roberts books.
Brooke is a top-notch director of a commercial producing company. Her boss, Claire, is her mentor and her friend who decided to hire her when no one else would.
Claire picks up a famous baseball player, Parks, to star in the commercial.
Sparks fly when Brooks & Parks meet leading to an instant, erotic chemistry.
Fighting for dominance, the couple struggles through the shoot.

I give it 2
Jen
Dec 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
Parks Jones, professional baseball player is the new spokesman for a clothing line and he isn't that excited about it. But, when he meets his director, Brooke Gordon, sparks fly immediately. Parks is attracted, Brooke is intrigued but doesn't want to get involved and both are not ready for the relationship that seems to develop overnight. While Parks shoots for a World Series championship and Brooke contemplates branching into directing more than commercials both have to open their eyes to the l ...more
Ashley Christensen
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: all-the-nora
I really liked this one.
It felt like I was reading a more recent novel she wrote, instead of one written in 1984. Park was an outstanding leading man, and Brooke was the perfect leading lady- standard Nora, with a strong female protagonist.

I also thoroughly enjoyed all of the side characters, as I usually do in her novels.
I’d love to know what happened with Brooke and Park, if he went off to be an actor and she went off to direct films. I guess that’s the sign of a good book- wanting to follo
Vona Bowling
Typical short Nora romance. The interesting thing about this one was instead of immediately living happily ever after it showed an end chapter where they actually had difficulty adjusting to being married and living together instead of it being instant perfect. They worked through it of course but it was nice to see that yes, two completely independent people have to adjust to being married where you have to recognize the other person's POV.
MissKitty
An early Nora Roberts, under silhouette intimate moments. The sex scenes are pretty risqué for its time period, 1984. The story line is quite contemporary and it still lives up to the present. I liked the main characters, both were strong personalities and the author did a good job of showing how this could cause tension between the couple.
Sandy
There's nothing particularly wrong with this book. It just fell a little flat for me. The characters were superficial, the descriptions were a little boring, and the conflict just didn't hold my attention. I've been reading Nora's books for most of my life, but this is the first time I've read one of the early ones. It's fascinating to see how her writing style has changed over the years.
Sophie
Feb 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Didn't know anything about baseball before this book, no more knowledge now - that doesn't detract from the romance in my opinion. Unfortunately, similarly to others of her early books, I found the consent issue tricky - her early male leads are not good at taking no for an answer and instead see it as a challenge.
Melissa
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The book I read this in was anthology called Forever.

I wasn't a fan of the couples, but I liked the supporting characters so it wasn't a great read for me, It was OK but not one I enjoyed very much.
lori callis
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lori's review

Really enjoyed reading this book. Nora Rob erts is one of my favorite authors. Each one of her books are a pleasure to read.
Maura
Teddie
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Take this rating with a grain of salt - perhaps I've become too cynical to enjoy early Nora Roberts.
Lisa
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Ouch. I adore Nora, but I'm discovering in re-reads that some of her older titles just don't work for me.

The absolute arrogance/cockiness of the hero, Parks, in this one drove me insane. He's decided he wants Brooke, and he'll persuade/convince her to go along, despite her telling him quite clearly that she does not want to get involved with him for very logical, reasonable business reasons. Reasons which are proven completely valid when they DO get involved, and he gets butt-hurt and all broody
Cynthia
Nov 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I liked the depth in characters. In romances, I like it when the female lead is comfortable in her skin. I think Nora Roberts is probably one of my more favoured authors now. I like how straightforwards she is in her writing. When I want to get to the meat of a story, Roberts provides it. I was initially hooked into the name of the book, because I was locked into looking at life as a game, and I caught so many key words that are connecting with me in the moment. I liked the book. I liked the cha ...more
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Awal cerita dalam buku ini biasa saja, tokohnya memang yang agak luar biasa, karena NR menempatkan tokohnya sebagai seorang sutradara wanita yang berpasangan dengan pemain baseball.
yang menarik dalam buku ini adalah jalinan cinta antara Brooke dan Parks. Termasuk pemahaman Claire terhadap kebutuhan2 Brooke, pengertian yg Claire berikan. Dan cinta Parks yang ternyata tidak cukup untuk membuat Brooke merasa aman.
Kebakaran di hutan dekat rumah Brooke yang membuka mata Brooke mengenai apa yang dia i
Kristin
3.5 stars. My mom gave me a stack of her all-time-favorite romance novels (all from the 1980's) and it has been really fun going through them. "Rules of the Game" was pure fun. Is it profound with a cast of complex characters? No. It is exactly what you expect to read when you pick up a Nora Roberts Silhouette about a Baseball Player and a Commercial Director: easy, uncomplicated, funny, and at times sweet. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys a fun romance and 2-3 hours of blissful, stress-free ...more
Gjbates
Sandra Munger
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: n-roberts
It's one of her earlier books. Strong conflicted heroine with a shaky past and the hero who at first glance reminds her of the bum that robbed her of both items and emotions. It takes a fire to get everything together.
Natalya
May 22, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great quick romance read, hard to put down, female character with lots of depth. Good drama between characters (except maybe final fire scene, slightly forced). Loved Parks character, hot stuff in every way, the perfect man.
Annette McIntyre
As is usual in Nora Roberts romances there is a good story with well developed main and secondary characters.
Brittany
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent! Though the ending seemed a bit random but I suppose it works to achieve the ending she was going for, I love her hidden treasures!
Helen Holt
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read.

As always Nora Roberts delivers a book I can recommend to all my friends. Human emotions explored and defined by a great author.
Cindi
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, romance
Typical Nora Roberts. Same theme but great introduction to film production and baseball.
Precious
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My absolute FAVORITE of Nora!
Kristie (fabk)
This is another early NR. It was just okay. It was a little different than the traditional NR, but still basically the same set up.
Eileen ONeill
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Baseball and advertising.

Parks moves are reminiscent of Jeter's. Great personalities, interesting plot. I enjoyed the characters and felt they were familiar to me
Allison
Jan 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
couldn't put it down, quick read and had my two favorite subjects, Romance and Baseball. Loved it!
Steph
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Is it just me or are the men in Nora Roberts' novels a little "rapey". I know they are supposed to be dominant and manly etc but really, they're just assholes.
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • The English Doctor's Baby - Buah Hati Sang Dokter (Westerling, #3)
  • Ya, Saya Bersedia, Tapi... (I Do, I Do... For Now)
  • Alison
  • Going Deep (Mustangs Baseball, #2)
  • Sang Playboy Paris - The Parisian Playboy
  • Sliding into Home (Harlequin Blaze, #486)
  • Playing the Game
  • To Woo A Wife [Menaklukkan Calon Istri]
  • Rewarded (Torn Between Two Lovers #3)
  • Perfect (Italian Lovers, #1)
  • Love's Awakening
  • Heat Of The Moment (Brooklyn Heat, #2)
  • Pelajaran Cinta [Lesson To Learn]
  • The Wedding-Night Affair - Selingkuh Di Malam Pengantin
  • Having His Baby - Anak Sang Kekasih (3 Bayi Untuk 3 Saudara Buku 3)
  • The Italian Millionaire's Marriage - Jodoh Sang Jutawan Italia (Counts of Calvani , #2)
  • Dinner First, Me Later?