Start by marking “Sólo un juego” as Want to Read:
Sólo un juego

Sólo un juego

Parks Jones era insufrible y Brooke Gordon ardía en deseos de pinchar el globo de su ego. Por desgracia, también era brillante... y el protagonista de una campaña publicitaria que Brooke debía dirigir. Y ahí era donde estaba el problema. Para colmo, Brooke se sentía intensamente atraída por él, aunque no pensaba reconocerlo. Parks, sin embargo, tenía otros planes y estaba ...more
Published April 2010 by Harlequin Iberica (first published October 1984)

Start your review of Sólo un juego
Cyndi
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Written in the '80's, the years of the "Bodice Rippers" it is a good book with some bodice ripping, but strong characters nevertheless. Our heroine directs commercials. Her first love used and dumped her in a terrible fashion. She also grew up in foster homes. So this is a strong lady with tons of baggage. Our hero is a 'love 'em and leave 'em' baseball star. His career is coming to a close so he is branching out into acting. He's beginning with commercials. Enter our heroine. The attraction is ...more
Meg
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: print-book, read-2018
This was a book I read many years ago. I was (and still am) a fan of Nora Roberts' writing, including her books as J.D. Robb, and gave this one a quick re-read when I ran across it while redoing some shelves. It's one of the few print books I've read within the last couple years, being a diehard Kindle user, but I have many more that I hope to have a chance to revisit before too long.
Samira Salimi
This book is talking about marriage intension. Maybe it is a good idea to recommend it to every couple to read and fine tune their marriage, especially if the marriage is moving towards post-years.
One valuable sentence from the book: Love is needed to start a life, then you need to sustain it.
Kerry
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I really enjoyed this one! Good premise and enjoyable characters!
Amy
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
As a baseball fan and a Nora Roberts fan, I thought a Nora Roberts book with a baseball theme would be a treat. Sadly, my knowledge of baseball actually hurt my ability to enjoy this book. I know it wasn't meant to be a guide to understanding the game, but the baseball parts should have been reviewed by someone who knows the sport (like winning a World Series isn't the same as winning a pennant). Oh well, I guess it's not realistic to expect to like every book an author writes!
Maria
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It all seemed too familiar to me, as if I had read it before, yet I had not. Then I decided to watch and old Kevin Costner movie, one I had not seen since 2000 For Love of the Game, and suddenly the book made perfect sense as to its familiarity! This book is almost a rip off of the movie! Or it is a major coincidence.

Almost word for word in some sections it seemed to be taken from the movie. Although some of the main characters story was different it was too much like the movie where the girl i
Pallavi Bansod
I picked up this novel to enjoy a slow & romantic read which is the general theme of Nora Roberts books.
Brooke is a top-notch director of a commercial producing company. Her boss, Claire, is her mentor and her friend who decided to hire her when no one else would.
Claire picks up a famous baseball player, Parks, to star in the commercial.
Sparks fly when Brooks & Parks meet leading to an instant, erotic chemistry.
Fighting for dominance, the couple struggles through the shoot.

I give it 2 stars on
Jen
Dec 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
Parks Jones, professional baseball player is the new spokesman for a clothing line and he isn't that excited about it. But, when he meets his director, Brooke Gordon, sparks fly immediately. Parks is attracted, Brooke is intrigued but doesn't want to get involved and both are not ready for the relationship that seems to develop overnight. While Parks shoots for a World Series championship and Brooke contemplates branching into directing more than commercials both have to open their eyes to the l ...more
Ashley Christensen
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: all-the-nora
I really liked this one.
It felt like I was reading a more recent novel she wrote, instead of one written in 1984. Park was an outstanding leading man, and Brooke was the perfect leading lady- standard Nora, with a strong female protagonist.

I also thoroughly enjoyed all of the side characters, as I usually do in her novels.
I’d love to know what happened with Brooke and Park, if he went off to be an actor and she went off to direct films. I guess that’s the sign of a good book- wanting to follo
Vona Karns
Typical short Nora romance. The interesting thing about this one was instead of immediately living happily ever after it showed an end chapter where they actually had difficulty adjusting to being married and living together instead of it being instant perfect. They worked through it of course but it was nice to see that yes, two completely independent people have to adjust to being married where you have to recognize the other person's POV.
Charlotte Griggs
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had a difficult time getting into this novel. I didn't like the topic of Brooke being a commercial producer. I'm also not a baseball fan, so I didn't particularly like the parts about Parks in the field. But, the romance, like most of Robert's novels, was perfect. I overly enjoyed "the game" being played between Brooke and Parks. They were perfectly compatible even if Brooke didn't want to see it. Luckily for her, Parks wasn't one to give up on love.
Sophie
Feb 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Didn't know anything about baseball before this book, no more knowledge now - that doesn't detract from the romance in my opinion. Unfortunately, similarly to others of her early books, I found the consent issue tricky - her early male leads are not good at taking no for an answer and instead see it as a challenge.
Sandy
There's nothing particularly wrong with this book. It just fell a little flat for me. The characters were superficial, the descriptions were a little boring, and the conflict just didn't hold my attention. I've been reading Nora's books for most of my life, but this is the first time I've read one of the early ones. It's fascinating to see how her writing style has changed over the years.
MissKitty
An early Nora Roberts, under silhouette intimate moments. The sex scenes are pretty risqué for its time period, 1984. The story line is quite contemporary and it still lives up to the present. I liked the main characters, both were strong personalities and the author did a good job of showing how this could cause tension between the couple.
Melissa
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The book I read this in was anthology called Forever.

I wasn't a fan of the couples, but I liked the supporting characters so it wasn't a great read for me, It was OK but not one I enjoyed very much.
Rosie
May 09, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Had to stop reading this book. The forced relationship really hurt the whole thing. I read most of it in about 2 hours, but the conflict really didn’t matter to me when it finally came. I guess this kind of writing just isn’t my style.
Dorothy
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For a quick romance novel this one was pretty good. It is about Brooke who produces TV commercials and Parks a good looking third baseman for the cities ball team. Of course there are hurdles to cross for this romance to happen.
lori callis
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lori's review

Really enjoyed reading this book. Nora Rob erts is one of my favorite authors. Each one of her books are a pleasure to read.
Gail A Ostrove
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
They discovered by being married they were a unit

Everything now became ours instead of yours and mine. She learned to trust Parks and Brooke loved him with all she had.
Mai
Mar 28, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of her earlier works. Decent enough, but not my favorite.
Judy Butterworth
Two strong people go head to head to win the game.

Two strong personalities clash over and over only to realize that together they are everything. Another winner for Nora Roberts
Lois
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the “fire” between Brooke and Parks, but find it completely unnecessary to have three such detailed descriptions of their sexual encounters.
Jennifer Brown
Typical, older Nora Roberts book. I wasn't a fan of the narrator for this one so it did kind of make me not like the book. I probably would've done better reading it.
Tammy L Needy
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Having the baseball for the main storyline was great, being I'm a baseball fan. Everything about the book was well written and really well received. I totally e noted it.
Karen Carlson
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
audio - great summer fluff read
Vicki
Feb 19, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Old style romance story of a commercial director and a professional baseball player.
Megan Williams
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So fun...or romantic...or just plain NICE. It's what is needed.
Fraukje
Jun 08, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Cannot finish this, since I find it sexist. Flat. Cringeworthy. How can she be one of the most read authors of all time...?
Maura
Teddie
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Take this rating with a grain of salt - perhaps I've become too cynical to enjoy early Nora Roberts.

• Golden in Death (In Death, #50)
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including Come Sundown, The Obsession, The Liar, and coming in December 2017, Year One -- the first book in The Chronicles of The One. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print. ...more