Start by marking “Vuelta a casa” as Want to Read:
Vuelta a casa

Vuelta a casa

Paperback
Published February 2010 by Harlequin Iberica (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Vuelta a casa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vuelta a casa

Nadin Adel
Nov 18, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel, audio-book
Two reasons I didn't like this book:

Firstly, the story was really digged a thousands of times in movies, books, cartoons, etc.

That filthy rich man that with a single look - that didn't take much of the novel - love that very normal girl and out of a sudden she has a whole big talent. So it's exactly as that their are hundreds of keys in your pocket for happiness, but never tried any! And suddenly she uses all those keys, thanks to the multimillionaire that actually, have done nothing!

Really kind
Susan
May 10, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
I couldn't get past the first 30 pages of this one.

Here's the premise: hero is standing outside of a grocery store and sees heroine. Heroine's friends think he's wonderful. Heroine thinks he's a jerk. He arrogantly assures her that she'll want him; she tells him to buzz off.

Hero shows up at heroine's house for business with someone else in the house. She still thinks he's a jerk. He manipulates her into spending time together.

Why would any woman put up with this crap? What kind of relationship
Rie_dominique
Sep 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, harlequin
Update 2016
Sudah 16 tahun and still like it :)

-----------------------
First read : 2000
Thenia
A poor choice for the first book of the year...

I kept waiting to get invested in Megan and "Katch"'s story but that never really happened.

(view spoiler).

I hate you!Don't leave me

Just wrong book at the wrong time...
Stephanie Jenkins Ortiz Cerrillo
Nice little romance book that keeps you intrigued so you hang on to see how it ends. It's a happily ever after kind of book, no matter how hard Megan tried to not get involved with Katch, David Katcherton. Megan is a very naive, hometown girl with a great talent that she hasn't shared with many people. Katch is a rich worldly man that is used to getting what he wants and he wants Megan and Megan's grandfathers amusement park. They are from two completely different worlds but now their worlds hav ...more
Naika
According to “Less of a Stranger” by Nora Roberts, love and trust are two of the biggest issues in a relationship. Without these two, a relationship will not work out right. The story was sweet. The characters felt like real people. Less of a stranger takes place in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Nora Roberts captures the charm of the people and the place in this book. I was very impressed with the wonderful detail of the beach. Then again, Roberts is extremely descriptive and can form a picture ...more
Jun 07, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: light and easy read
Shelves: read-in-2012
This book was okay, but definitely not the best one I've read by NR. It's dated, which didn't really bother me. It had a lot of potential but since back in the days of Silhouette the books tended to be a lot shorter and it shows.

The book centers around Katch and Megan. I wasn't really fond of either character. Katch is extremely rich and extremely arrogant. He's a tease and somewhat manipulative and tries to take control of her life. Megan is very mistrusting, which I understood, but then she is
Fernanda
De facto está me a custar um pouco não dar mais estrelinhas, mas a historia que NR nos apresenta não tem o conteúdo nem a profundidade de sentimentos, de emoção a que nos habituou nos anos precedentes.

Nota-se que a historia já foi escrita há uns bons anos atrás e dai que algumas das cenas não sejam descritas com envolvência, com o carisma, com o deslumbramento que tive ao ler outros romance mais recente da NR.

Mas apesar de tudo não deixa de ser uma historia aprazível, de leitura rápida e sem gra
Tammy
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Megans parents died when she was 5 years old, so she was raised by her grandfather. He owned an amusement park and Megan helped him run it. She likes to dabble in sculpting on the side but doesnt think of selling her pieces. she is content in helping her grandfather run the park.

Then she meets a guy at the grocery store who is an egomaniac. He doesnt like the word NO. He pursues Megan even when she tells him she isnt interested. He is even bold enough to tell her that he WILL have her AND her Gr
Desi
Leído el 16/01/2012

Protagonistas: David "Katch" Katcherton y Megan Miller
Argumento:

David Katcherton, un hombre atrevido, seguro de sí mismo y arrogante, entró en la vida de Megan Miller y le removió sentimientos que habían permanecido aletargados. Megan no quería tener nada que ver con Katch, y menos después de saber que él quería comprar el negocio de su querido abuelo, pero Katch era un hombre que nunca aceptaba un no por respuesta. Y había fijado sus miras en Megan.
Megan no estaba dispuesta a
Ashley Christensen
I flew through this one (it’s only 216 pages), and not so much because I enjoyed it, but because it was a shorter read. I actually can’t decide how I feel about this one. I liked Megan, I loved Timothy (I have a soft spot for grandparents as literary characters, probably because of my soft spot for my own grandparents), but I only kind of liked Katch (though, I did like him more as I read further, and he was opened up a bit). But, again, with these shorter romance novels, I’m just never satisfie ...more
Linda
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I first read this book in 1984 when it was published. It is a romance of that era. and I still enjoyed it today, though times have changed. It is a light romance, quick read with snappy dialog between Megan and Katch. He wants to buy out her grandfather's amusement park and falls for Megan in the process. I enjoyed learning about the amusement park business, the setting in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and her sculpting.
Mari
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another romance that develops quite fast and then goes sour. David K. sees her and simply must meet her and Megan wants nothing to do with him. But he comes to talk with her Grandfather that she lives with, and boom, romance develops. He just happens to be very, very rich of course and he buys some of her sculptures and her career is blooms. She hates to leave her grandfather and the carnival he owns, even for a couple of months, but does and gets back with David.
Carol McPherson
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful,beautiful story.

T thank you Nora for writing such a beautiful heartfelt love story. I'm a born romantic but sometimes get tired of reading such sexual explicit stories. This was so beautiful and so lovingly tender and what a joy in all these tumultuous times.
Always enjoy your books but this one more than ever.

Sue Lauzon
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this was one of Nora Roverts' earlier works and it didn't disappoint me. They rarely do. A really cute romance story that is a quick read. Easily could have been read in an afternoon but seeing as I have ADD when it comes to reading I had other books on the go at the time.
Amanda Siegrist
I really wanted to like this novel, but I just couldn't figure out how they loved each other. Katch was rude and controlling, and Megan didn't like him, yet every time he touched her, she forgot all about it. It was just hard to believe.
Irene
May 13, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was not one of Nora Roberts best . Too predictable and not very interesting sorry to say .
la biblio de mimi
Très beau roman
Shawn
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not high on my NR list at all. Thumbs down.
Cláudia Martins
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Um livro perfeitamente normal com uma história engraçada... Sem muito conteúdo, mas não se pode esperar muito de um livro com tão poucas páginas.
Sandybear76
a short romantic book with a seaside aging amusement park, a girl who loves to sculpt, and a guy who is rich and buys things for fun and to fix up.

I read this book on a flight to Spring Break fun and I purchased it at Half Price Books.
Mojca
Megan Miller has been helping her grandfather run his amusement park for years, and she's not about to let David Katcherton, no matter how infuriatingly handsome he is, wiggle into their family and buy their park.

But Katch intends to do just that. But beside the park, there's something else he's determine to end up with—Megan.

It was short, cute, sweet, and incredibly tame (Megan and Katch never got beyond second base), which was equally strange and refreshing.
The heroine was rather annoying with
Maura
Vanessa
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Este livro foi-me oferecido no final do mês passado e, como estava bastante curiosa acerca do mesmo, acabei por me decidir e escolhê-lo para ser lido durante este mês.

Este é um livro repleto de romance, atracção, amizade, intriga, amor, tensão e paixão desde o princípio até ao fim, com um enredo ritmado e muito envolvente e com personagens carismáticas, reais e muito cativantes. Como de costume, a escrita da autora mostra-se leve e descontraída e proporciona uma leitura fácil e muito agradável p
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Mar 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of contemporary romance
Shelves: read-in-2011, romance
It is a real treat to take a dusty old paperback off the garage shelf and rediscover a treasure like this.

Though published 27 years ago, this book has not aged much. The description of the characters competing at playing Space Invaders was one of the few ways one could date the story without checking the copyright. Another was the heroine's checking her pocket for a dime and looking for a telephone booth.

These pecadillos aside, it is a great story. I loved the amusement park and beach setting. T
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Megan tinggal bersama Kakeknya semenjak menjadi yatimpiatu pada usia 5 tahun. Dan baginya taman hiburan Joyland merupakan rumah, dan berat rasanya untuk melepaskannya walaupun dia menyadari tidak banyak yang bisa dihasilkan dari taman hiburan tersebut selama Pop bersikap sinterclaus pada semua orang.
Katch tertarik untuk memiliki taman hiburan tersebut, bukan hanya taman hiburan yang membuatnya tertarik, juga terhadap kemampuan seni yang ada dalam diri Megan.
Katch secara terusterang menyatakan mi
LJ
Less of a Stranger - G
Roberts, Nora

Cocky, confident and colossally arrogant, David Katcherton swept into Megan Miller's life and awakened feelings that had been lying dormant.

Megan wanted no part of Katch, especially when she discovered he was after her beloved grandfather's business. But Katch was a man who never took no for an answer. And he'd set his determined sights on Megan.

Megan wasn't about to let herself fall for this irritatingly irresistible stranger who'd insinuated himself in her li
Caroline G'wattage
The feature of this story is a fairground.
Megan has grown up with her Grandfather, who owns the fairground.
She is worried when a stanger, Katch comes along and tries to buy it.
Although the fairground is only just making a profit, Megan does not want to see it go.
Along with that Katch is determined not only to have the fairground he is determined to have Megan too. She is finding it hard to resist falling for him.

This book was full of romance and the setting of the fairground sounded simple but
Linda
The story of Megan and Katch. She's a woman who's parents died when she was very young and was raised by her grandfather. He owned and ran an amusement park that both supported them and held them down. The expense of the park kept them from doing much else, and since her grandfather mostly ran the park out of enjoyment, he barely charged enough to keep it in business. In breezes Katch, a very wealthy man, who aparentently has more character than we originally discover. The story was okay. Not on ...more
Molly Morris
Apr 04, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Nope not going to finish. I read through chapter 3 and was appalled by the main Malle character Katch. He was rude, arrogant and borderline abusive and she went to a deserted beach with him? Nope. Don't think so. I have no desire to read any further. Megan doesn't seem stupid, so she would never go with an arrogant stranger like this. I can't get over how much I disliked the beginning of this book. I wish I could give a zero stars.
Goodreads Librari...: Less of a Stranger & Bonus Book ISBN 9780733 551574 3 18 Sep 03, 2017 01:32AM
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Pelajaran Cinta [Lesson To Learn]
  • Charming Lily
  • The Devil's Own (Hellraisers, #2)
  • Istri Simpanan
  • Reluctant Father (Blake Donovan #2)
  • An Accidental Engagement - Pertunangan Tak Disengaja
  • The Lady Gambles (Copeland Sisters, #1)
  • Simply Sensual (Simply, #3)
  • Prince Charming M D
  • The Playboy & Plain Jane (Dynasties: The Barones #1)
  • A Valentine for Daisy
  • The Main Attraction
  • A Cowboy Under My Christmas Tree
  • Perkawinan
  • The Firebrand (Great Chicago Fire Trilogy #3)
  • The Men of Bitter Creek: Two Complete Novels