Start by marking “An Ice Princess Heart (Shard of Ice Novellas, #1)” as Want to Read:
An Ice Princess Heart (Shard of Ice Novellas, #1)

An Ice Princess Heart

(Shard of Ice Novellas #1)

When a string of men vanish without a trace along the coast of France, Lilix Morgan seeks to uncover the source of the mysterious deaths. Aided by four other immortal Originals, they comb the coast, only to find out the horrible dark truth; one of them is the culprit.
Published October 28th 2013 by Red Alice Press (first published October 26th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about An Ice Princess Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Ice Princess Heart

Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Oct 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shards-of-ice
Favorite Line “A True was one who completed you, one who made you stronger both inside and out."

“This is someone enacting revenge, or a killer with an intense hatred for men. And it’s using dark magic to do it.”

“You and the others will never know what true love is, I swear on it.”

What a great little start to a very interesting series! Someone is ripping souls from humans. Lilix must find out who it is. Her and her sisters were made by the creator. Just by those couple sentences how could not wan
Rachel
Nov 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
An Ice Princess Heart
A Shard of Ice

I received an ARC copy of this book to give an honest review that I will post to Amazon as well as Goodreads. Then I will have listed on my blog.

Lilix, Pris, Katie, Rea and Arabella are five sisters created by The Composer and they have special powers. They have lived for many years and only one had found her True Love and that was Arabella, but she also did the unthinkable and cause the biggest mistake possible. She never forgave her sister Lilix for what h
Rachel Marks
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What I loved most about An Ice Princess Heart, was how author Alivia Anders was able to captivate me in such a few short pages. The moment I started reading I was completely drawn into the story of fantasy and magic.

I could tell that these characters have been well developed and even with the book being a novella I felt like I was connecting with them. I personally loved the powers that each of the girls had, especially Lilix being about to generate ice and snow. To me it is a really intriguing
L.L. Hunter
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow if this is just a tease of what we can expect in A Shard of Ice then I'm excited. Everyone should know about Ms Anders' books worldwide! Her writing style is superb and you just want to know more about the characters she creates. Go and buy this book NOW!
Elicia Cheah
Nov 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You can also find this review at http://girlinthewoodsreviews.blogspot...

Detailed Review: This review might be short because An Ice Princess Heart is a novella that's 5 chapters long. But I do have lots of thoughts despite the book only having 5 chapters.

What striked me the most was the writing style Anders has. I haven't read any of her previous Illumine books (although I'd like to now), so this was my first experience of this author. I had seen great reviews and ratings on this book on Goodrea
Emily (Reviewer
Dec 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yes, I am completely HOOKED! This Novella was an awesome read and I am ready to read all the others and the Book when it finally comes out in 2014! We are flung into this odd dynamic of girls that are immortal, have powers, and are searching for love. Throw in there a supernatural something killing men in the town that they are residing in and weird reoccurring sleepwalking dreams for Lilix and I am LOVING were this is going already.

Alivia does an amazing job at making you feel like you already
Emily (Reviewer
Dec 17, 2013 rated it really liked it

Alivia does an amazing job at making you feel like you already
Heather Anne
Dec 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ice Princess Heart captivated my attention the minute I started reading it. With this being a novella, I was quickly enveloped in this coastal French setting wanting nothing but more words to read and answers to the various questions I had running through my head. This short introduction into the Shard of Ice world is captivating and intriguing for the reader.
Five sisters, Lilix, Pris, Katie, Rae, and Arabella, were created by The Composers. They live among mortals, but they themselves, are not
Hollie
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
For me, a prequel novella should get you pumped about finally picking up the first book in a brand new series. And that is exactly what An Ice Princess Heart did for me.

I wanted something to read during my lunch break that wasn't going to take forever to get through in case I started it and never finished it, and I ended up demolishing through the thing in around 15 minutes, which is probably a record when it comes to my attention span at the minute. I was sucked into this intriguing world immed
Dawn
Sep 12, 2015 rated it liked it
I received a free ecopy of this book for an honest review.

An Ice Princess Heart is a good story as far as it goes but it is very short. I felt like it was just getting started and it was over.

Four immortal girls who were created by ‘the Composer” have lived together for thousands of years. Lilix, the Ice Princess, is the leader chosen by the Composer. She is trying to find out who is killing men along the coast of France. What she discovers is horrifying.

The Composer told the girls that someday
Lady
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This novella was really surprising. First off the world was incredibly immersive and yet I feel like I know next to nothing about it. The characters were living and breathing and yet I am just scratching the surface of their lives. I am blown away by the sheer magic of it all!

I am mystified by how quickly I fell in love with this series. It is breathtaking and brilliant and any fantasy lover will quickly become as hooked as I am :) I just wish it was longer as I was not ready to leave that world
Kelli
Jun 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was very good. I usually don't like novellas much as I find they are too short and don't capture my interest before they end sometimes. However, this one did. The characters were interesting and had unique magical qualities. I want to know more about their story and their world. I liked the writing a lot and the ending/introduction left me wanting the first book asap! In fact I'm going to preorder it now :)
Kelly
Apr 19, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a very very short peek at the world and, I guess, the characters. I don't really have a lot to say. I'm somewhat interested in what's going on but eh.
Wee Shubba's World
Mar 03, 2014
Hershey
Feb 11, 2014
Nlc
rated it did not like it
Apr 14, 2015
Feb 08, 2014
Jamie
Apr 02, 2013
Alivia Anders
Sep 28, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Chamera
Mar 17, 2013
Mar 28, 2013
Lucia
Apr 03, 2013
Alivia Anders was thirteen when she fell headfirst into the world of internet fanfic and RPG-forum board sites that showed her the 'back door' into the world of writing. Four years and many hours spent glued to a computer screen later she found her true calling in writing.
Alivia currently lives with her family in her hometown of Coopersburg, PA. She frequently admits that if she wasn't so intolera

Shard of Ice Novellas (4 books)
  • An Ice Princess Kiss (Shard of Ice Novellas, #2)
  • An Ice Princess Symphony (Shard of Ice Novellas, #3)
  • An Ice Princess Dream (Shard of Ice Novellas, #4)