Start by marking “Casanova Killer” as Want to Read:
Casanova Killer

Casanova Killer (SSCD Crime Thrillers #1)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  496 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Catching the eye of a delusional serial killer known as the Casanova Killer signals the end for certain beautiful young women of San Francisco. True to his name, Casanova offers the women a taste of romance and unparalleled adoration before sending them to a bloody death.

The FBI Special Serial Crimes Division, SSCD, sets a trap for the killer with one of their own as bait.
Published July 29th 2012 by Tallulah Grace

To ask other readers questions about Casanova Killer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Casanova Killer

Ragne
Well, if this was supposed to be a thriller, it failed miserably. Grace over-explains the motives, and the final scene with the killer, was a huge disappointment, as it wasn't really exciting. It seems to be a romance, with a criminal story as a sort of bi-story.
The characters didn't seem plausible at all. As usual, the two main characters are beautiful beyond belief. The woman, Jerry, says that her good looks has made her life hell, but still insists on making herself as beautiful as she can
Brandi  Hansen
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Loved it

Tallulah Grace is a very talented writer. She knows how to grab your attention and keep it. Casanova Killer is a great read and a wonderful insight to the SSCD Thriller series. I was sad about Jerry getting her heart broke but hopefully in the stories to come she will find her true love again.
Donna
Oct 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recomend
First book I've read of Tallulah grace. A free read and can't wait to read the rest of them
Donna
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review is hard to write. I really enjoyed the story. It did take me longer to read it than it should have but I had a headache so it wasn't the story that was at fault. I liked the characters and I really wasn't ready for the book to be over. I felt bad for Jerry and I hope things work out better for her in book 2. Overall, a really good story and I am looking forward to the next one.
Michelle
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Good book

You people should just read this book yourselves and write your own review on this novel yourself and I really enjoyed reading this book very much so. Shelley MA
Nancy Silk
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"A Top Notch Crime Thriller With Some Romance"

This story is fantastic, and I've been glued to it. It reminds me somewhat of the TV series, "Criminal Minds." At Muir Beach in California, Jenna and Robert are enjoying walking along the high cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Jenna is thrilled with her new lover who strolled into her life just a week earlier. Little did she fear him when he walked up behind her, wrapped her in his arms, and calmly sliced her throat and tossed her off the cliff.
Wendy
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a really great book. I loved the idea behind it and it was rather well executed.

I only have 3 minor complaints:

1. There's a lot of grammar and punctuation errors. The author is good at getting the story across, but I think she could help her writing career by brushing up on proper punctuation and grammar skills to improve the way the text reads. The errors snap the reader out of the story, which can be annoying.

2. The resolution of the story felt a bit...simple. After intense build u
Teri
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense
Mistresses were being lured away from their companions by a much younger man that would wine them and dine them and show them a good time - not knowing that in under a month they would have their neck sliced and left for dead. Keeping a low profile, he was able to move onto his next victim in no time using his same mo. Agent Jerry Forbes and Interpol’s Ethan Barnes go undercover to try and lure what they were calling the "Casanova Killer" out from hiding using Jerry herself as bait. By the victi ...more
Pierre Sr.
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read Casanova Killer in less than a week, and I had a very busy schedule! This book was captivating and I had a hard time leaving it at night, when I just HAD to get some sleep...

Trying to catch a serial killer, Jerry and Ethan pose as a couple who lives the good life: easy money, nice apartment, car with private chauffeur, etc. (all paid by authorities who wish the FBI to catch this killer ASAP).

The fake couple becomes a real one, as Jerry and Ethan experience love at first sight. But both ar
Timeforme
Rated at 2.5.

I liked this story right up to the point that (view spoiler)
Bethan
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
Ok so I sort of enjoyed this story. However, punctuation and grammar errors jarred me out of the rhythm of the story a bit. The author needs to double-check the typing (bits of punctuation missing were the most obvious) and there were a few instances when eg, the wrong person's name was written (Kim instead of Sonja).

I also felt that the two main characters fell in love way too deep way too fast. The whole backstory of her life added very little to the story, except a cliche.

From a crime novel
Donna Eddy
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, kindle
I had never heard of this author until this book appeared on Amazon's free list. The synopsis peaked my interest so I thought I would try it. When I started it I couldn's quit reading it until I finished. I started hunting more books by her. My only problem was I didn't know if there was a certain order to read them. I just finished Bayou Butcher and was a little confused at first because things were very different since I read this book. I finally figured out what happened and I have the order ...more
Cheryl
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling, suspenseful and romantic

Casanova Killer is not an ordinary crime thriller. Tallulah Grace carefully weaves magic between the pages of her novels with such finesse the plotline and character dialogue flows smoothly throughout the story. I enjoyed reading not only for the murder mystery that was going on but the budding relationship between one local agent and an international agent. I am looking forward to reading more of the SSCD Crime Thrillers and seeing where these two agents end u
Matthew Cousens
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: z_incomp-series
Decent story; unformatted text

Plot was much like a TV show. Think CSI or something like that. Most annoying thing was that the Kindle version I read was not structured right. There was nothing to mark scene transitions, so one paragraph would be in a place with two people and the next paragraph was in a different place with two different people. It made the story hard to follow at times, like a fifth-grader wrote it.
Lisa Lopez
Jan 30, 2014 rated it did not like it
I kept trudging through knowing a first book in a series, can be a world builder, but no. Sadly this was predictable, flat and just boring. I gave up after the H after the h's admission to her childhood and sharing her heart decided to enlist the help of her friend/partner to break her heart to protect her. No, this did not fit in with the relationship built to that point and honestly I just stopped reading.
Marcia Witherspoon
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Exciting Read!!!

Was caught up right from the beginning. Lots of thrills and suspense in the last few chapters. Since I am not a fan of romance stories I was bored by the romantic parts of this book so I basically skipped over those parts. But overall it was a pretty decent serial killer thriller. Would recommend.
Black Butterfly
Aug 25, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Y/A
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: AMAZON
I JUST COULDN'T GET INTO THIS BOOK, I TRIED, JUST COULDN'T. IT JUST DIDN'T HOLD MY INTEREST, I LOVE TV SHOWS LIKE "CSI" (all the cities), "CRIMINAL MINDS", AND "DEXTER". THIS JUST DIDN'T HAVE A SPARK, CHARACTERS WERE KINDA FLAT. ;(
Lisa
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A tense and high stakes read as the SSCD and Interpol race against time to capture a killer intent on killing the women of rich socialites across Europe and America. A sit on the edge of your seat and bite your nails read as they try to outwit the arrogant murderer.
Hilleary Peterson
Jun 19, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the story but I feel like something is missing. It is fast paced, I really like the characters and the plot, but the end was just too fast, could have more build up, more emotions, really the whole book needed more emotions.
Valerie
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
Just had a hard time with this book....to many POVs mixed together along with switching of scenes..they needed to be broken up better was really confusing...story line was good but the execution not so much.....
Michelle Baldwin
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
Wow what a great book couldn't put it down and I'm going straight into the next book .. God I hope there is more in the pipeline ........ I read a lot and tallulah is one of the best writers I've ever read......
Barb Nifong
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by this author I have read. I thought it was a good book and it held my interest. It doesn't require a lot of thought and is an easy read. Probably look for more by the same author when I want casual reading.
Susan
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
A murderer known as the Casanova Killer is tracked to San Francisco where the FBI Special Serial Crimes Division lay a trap to catch him.
Michelle Ogden
Sep 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Feel like I read more of a romance novel with splashes of a crime story - not what I expected. But, the trilogy is worth the read - I will continue to book 2.
Melody
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended!
Yvonne
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another great book from this author. Great story. Can't wait to see what happens with Jeri and Ethan in the next book.
D
Oct 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
This was a good, quick read. Will certainly read more in the series, but wouldn't go out of my way searching for the next book.
Kate
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
I'm about three quarters of the way through reading this book and kind of want to set my iPad along with iBooks on fire
Bettie
Sep 08, 2013 rated it liked it
2.4 stars. ok, but continued in next book. probably won't read it
Janet
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
enjoyed this book, reminded me of criminal minds on TV. Look forward to reading more in the series.
  • LEGACY RISING
  • Test Pilot's Daughter: Revenge
  • An Eye For Danger
  • The Trouble with Murder (Zoe Grey #1)
  • Run Run as Fast as You Can (Emma Frost #3)
  • kidNAP Inc.
  • A Touch Of Magic
  • High Seas Deception
  • And Justice for Her: Boxed Set
  • Storm Surge
  • InSight
  • Panic
  • Cold Blue (Jonathan Thorpe, #1)
  • The Big Blind (Nadia Wolf #1)
  • No Cry For Help
  • Frostbite (Touch of Frost #1)
  • Taken! (Taken! #1-6)
  • Pale Wolf (Bad Wolf Chronicles, #2)
Raised in the foothills of the mystical Blue Ridge Mountains, I attribute my love of beautiful landscapes, and fascination with all things paranormal, to my environment. The settings and characters in my novels reflect my appreciation for natural beauty, as well as a desire to explore the what-if’s of things unseen. Throw in a degree in Psychology, paired with a strong interest in the workings of ...more
More about Tallulah Grace...

SSCD Crime Thrillers (6 books)
  • The Littles (SSCD #2)
  • Bayou Butcher (SSCD Thriller #3)
  • Anson
  • An Extraordinary Christmas
  • The Collector (SSCD Crime Thrillers #6)
“Neither knew how long they kissed, neither cared. It was difficult to say which one held up the other; both were balanced against each other, as they fell into an abyss filled with psychedelic colors, shooting stars, and the pounding of one heart.” 0 likes
“Sorry Slick, but I have news about Casanova. You remember, the case we’re working? The reason that you’re here?” Dylan tried to keep it light, but inside he was seething.” 0 likes