Start by marking “Ultimate Fantastic Four, Vol. 3” as Want to Read:
Ultimate Fantastic Four, Vol. 3

Ultimate Fantastic Four, Vol. 3 (Ultimate Fantastic Four hardcovers #3)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  127 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
A guilt-ridden Reed Richards attempts to undo his greatest failure by using time travel to fix the snag that caused the teleportation accident that resulted in Ben Grimm's becoming the Thing. If it works, Ben will be Ben and the Thing will never have existed.
Published July 4th 2007 by Marvel (first published July 4th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Ultimate Fantastic Four, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ultimate Fantastic Four, Vol. 3

Neil
I loved the artwork in the books in this compilation. Greg Land is a phenomenal artist. I love his work. This run also introduced the world to Marvel Zombies [unfortunately]. It introduces Namor to this universe and has some time-traveling stories as well. We also discover the Mrs. Storm is not quite dead, and that she has been searching for Atlantis and made a deal with Victor von Doom.

I think the most poignant part of the 'book' is when Johnny convinces Ben to make a fool of himself at a part
Justin
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was never much of a Fantastic Four fan, but was impressed enough by the first two (hardcover) installments of the Ultimate Fantastic Four series to take a chance on volume 3, especially once I heard Mark Millar and Greg Land were at the helm. I had no idea that when I was done reading it, I would rank it just below the Ultimates volumes 1 and 2 as the best Ultimate Marvel storyline ever.

In this volume, Reed Richards open a gateway to a parallel universe, this one populated entirely by Marvel h
Kurt
Jul 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The pace really picks up in this collection of twelve issues, each with words by Mark Millar and art by Greg Land. There is a lot of action in almost every issue, but Millar still throws in significant and emotional character developments, and this book is a real treat to any fan of these characters. Greg Land's art is also amazing. Yes, at times it looks like he just barely photoshops photos from racy magazines and airbrushes on some clothing, but the effect of his work is stunningly realistic, ...more
Myles
Pretty cool, and a single panel of a newspaper headline near the end of 32 had me laughing out loud. It was perfect. Injustice to the wicked.

Anyway, these issues mostly centered on, big surprise with the cover and all, an encounter with a zombie-infested universe. I couldn't believe that Reed Richards let ethics get in the way of destroying the frightful four or whatever the comics called them. What kind of principles are those? Where were those principles when during Ultimate Galactus?

There wer
Rita
Oct 19, 2010 rated it liked it
Yeah, zombies are pretty cool, and so are interdimensional aliens, but this whole series felt forced. At times, I felt that the characters were jerking around like cardboard cut-outs being played with by adolescent boys in who disagreed about the plot of their after-school games. I suppose any multi-author series could suffer these problems--then again, I've read much better examples of the writers' work (except Warren Ellis, of whom I'm not yet a fan).
Feather Mista
Dec 27, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Los mismos.
Recommended to Feather by: Lo mismo
De acá leí las dos sagas que lo corresponden (Crossover y Frightful) y escribí sus correspondientes reseñas (que después linkeo) con opiniones y toda la bola. En cuanto a la edición española, es tan linda como cara, pero haciendo un balance está bastante buena. Si me acuerdo de algo más que en su momento se me hubiera ocurrido resaltar, después rerreseño.
ERNEST MORE
Dec 05, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Great art, good stories. Fantastic addition to the Marvel Zombies storyline.
Ian
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
Millar plays with action figures.
Anie Things
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4f
No está del todo mal, incluso me ha gustado (a pesar de los zombies)
Greg
Jan 13, 2014
Andrew
Sep 28, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Mark Millar is the New York Times best-selling writer of Wanted, the Kick-Ass series, The Secret Service, Jupiter’s Legacy, Jupiter’s Circle, Nemesis, Superior, Super Crooks, American Jesus, MPH, Starlight, and Chrononauts. Wanted, Kick-Ass, Kick-Ass 2, and The Secret Service (as Kingsman: The Secret Service) have been adapted into feature films, and Nemesis, Superior, Starlight, War Heroes, Jupit ...more
More about Mark Millar...

Ultimate Fantastic Four hardcovers (6 books)
  • Ultimate Fantastic Four, Vol. 1