Start by marking “When Girlfriends Step Up (When Girlfriends, #2)” as Want to Read:
When Girlfriends Step Up (When Girlfriends, #2)

When Girlfriends Step Up

(When Girlfriends #2)

A novel about love and support, and learning that with enduring friendships, no woman is ever alone.

Robin Sinclair is young, determined, and has a promising career at a small publishing house in Seattle. Even though she considers herself unlucky in love, Robin still dreams of eventually meeting Mr. Right and having a happily-ever-after kind of life. And at twenty-five, th
Published September 27th 2012 by Pearls and Pages

To ask other readers questions about When Girlfriends Step Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Girlfriends Step Up

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireWait for You by J. LynnThe Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica SorensenNever Too Far by Abbi GlinesLosing It by Cora Carmack
NEW ADULT 2013
1,087 books — 3,668 voters
When We Were Very Young by A.A. MilneWhen the Emperor Was Divine by Julie OtsukaWhen Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit by Judith KerrWhat We Talk About When We Talk About Love by Raymond CarverThe Unthinkable by Amanda Ripley
"When" in Titles
198 books — 18 voters

More lists with this book...

Naomi
May 04, 2013 rated it it was ok
Haven't finished yet and already the word "girl" is driving me crazy. No one uses it. "Girl, I sure missed you"

Finished it. Dialogue between the friends was phony. The author tried too hard.
Teresa Zea
May 04, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: drama
Read the first few paragraphs and had to put the book down. The main character sleeps with her best friend's boyfriend when she was drunk and months later, all is forgiven (but the boyfriend gets dumped and consider as a jerk). How about some equality here? Takes two to tango, why is one forgiven and the other not? And why is "I-was-drunk" ever a good excuse for your actions? Might as well be reading a book about how unicorns fart rainbows for how realistic this book is.
Cindy
Aug 18, 2013 added it
dddduuuummmmbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb....in a perfect world maybe. but this is no way reality..
Glenda
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
I finished it, but not sure why. . .
Stephanie
I love this series and these best friends so much! The 2nd book in the series definitely does not disappoints while baby Rose makes her appearance! I love these best girlfriends and their super relatable life stories. Savannah Page will always be my favorite chick-lit author!
Carol Peterson
Jul 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
I made myself finish it.

Very boring. Her life is perfect and one big party. Good friends that are also perfect. Life with no real problems. Again, boring.
Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)

Did I enjoy this book: I did enjoy this book. It was a good addition (book #2) to the When Girlfriends… series. But I didn’t enjoy it as much as the first book.

***This review will contain at least one SPOILER for those of you who haven’t read When Girlfriends Break Hearts (which you should read, by the way!)***

The relationships in When Girlfriends Break Hearts were more real to me than they were in When Girlfriends Step Up. I just can’t imagine a group of late-twenty-something, single w
Kathleen
Mar 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
"But, I'll be there for you, when the rain starts to pour. I'll be there for you, like I've been there before. I'll be there for you, cause you're there for me too."
- I'll Be There for You by the Rembrandts - Friends Theme

Twenty-five year old Robin Sinclair works at a small publishing house in Seattle. She thinks that she is unlucky at love but believes that Mr. Right is still out there, and she has a great core of girlfriends to lean on ... and boy is she going to need them when she finds out
Sara Palacios
Jan 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of When Girlfriends Step Up by Savannah Page in exchange for an honest review.

When Girlfriends Step Up follows the tale of Robin Sinclair, a determined young lady embarking on a small publishing house in Seattle. Unlucky in love in the past, she is optimistic about her luck in the future and hopes to one day meet Mr. Right. But, so far he hasn’t turned up and her year only seems to be getting worse when she finds out that she is pregnant. Uncertain of what will happen, she turn
Josie  Ann
Dec 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received a copy for this novel from the author through CLP Blog Tours, in exchange for my honest opinion, and participation in the tour. Before I read this novel, I wanted to read the first novel in the series, but I ran out of time. Although I haven't read When Girlfriends Break Hearts, it didn't change my opinion of this novel, and I do plan on reading that book as well. The novel begins with Robin Sinclair trying to figure out a name for her latest painting, and we find out that she and her ...more
Samantha March
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Savannah Page is now on tour with CLP Blog Tours and When Girlfriends Step Up. This book is just my cup of tea, and I’m so excited to see that there will be a series following the friends. The first introduces us to Robin, Sophie, Claire, Lara, Emily, and Jackie. We follow along with Robin, who is twenty-five and works in a small publishing house in Seattle. A colossal mistake almost cost her a friendship, but her life gets even more rocked when she finds out she is pregnant from a one-night sta ...more
Ambrosia Sullivan
Jun 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Posted this first for Fire & Ice

I didn't read the first in the series I only found out it was a series part after I started reading it. That said it is a book that can also stand on it's own very well.

This was a very heart warming and great book. I enjoyed the story as whole and I was very glad that our main character Robin found love but what I loved even more was the love and support between her and her girlfriends. It seems to me that in today's society to many times women are competitiv
Debbie
Feb 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Girlfriends that don't leave when you need them most. The ones who don't judge when you need a shoulder to cry. This book is about five female friends that support and cheer each other on regardless of the issues they are facing. Think Sex in the City but with a bit of suburbia living thrown in. A great page turner I couldn't put down for very long. Can't wait to read the next installment in the series.
Sara
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
When Girlfriends Step Up by Savannah Page was an easy and enjoyable read. The story is about a girl who is unlucky in love and finds herself unexpectedly pregnant. The story goes through her pregnancy and shows the love and support she receives from her friends.
It was a good book about the bonds of friendship and how the support and love of friends can affect your attitude and outlook on what is happening in your life.
Lisa
Jul 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Well I never...I actually liked this book! It was a nice simple chick lit, with some humour in it too. It was written better than the first one and the story line was nice and simple to follow. I was able to get abetter feel for the characters in this book as it was purely based on one girls whinging about a break up. I really liked the main character, Robin, and you also got a good feel for some of the other characters as well. I really enjoyed this, a big 'Step Up' from the first one.
Amber Brooke
Feb 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another solid book in this series! I enjoyed this one as well although it did seem to drag along more than the first book. The characters are so enjoyable and easy to connect with. This was a great mixture of girlfriends, babies, work and boys. I'm looking forward to reading the next book I'm the series!
Cyndi Grube
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a great book about friendship and the struggles they help each other through. It was a good light hearted read. The characters were well developed and easy to connect with. I didn't realize this book was part of a series. It was well written and I didn't feel lost with it being part of a series. Now I want to read the other books.
Stush
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book about the awesome relationship between college friends who have remained close after their undergrad years. Included is the drama when one girl who slept with another friend's boyfriend. Friendships get mended and an unplanned pregnancy develops.
Janice Jackson
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
well to me this was an really cute book.. I laughed throughout the book and it had a very good ending to it.. It was an easy read book. and one that I wanted to keep reading .. Its awesome if one have friends like these !!
Denise Whelan
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a very cute book! It is about the fabulous friendships that Robin and her friends have with each other! They are quirky, fun, energetic, and close! I would highly recommend this book to anyone, including my own friends!
Amanda
May 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Pretty good

This novel reminded me somewhat of three girls and a baby. I really enjoyed reading this book-not a dull moment. Unfortunately there was some editing g mistakes & some langue but overall the book was hard to put down. It was a nice read.
Lisa
Oct 19, 2015 rated it liked it
The believability factor in these books is too far fetched. Everyone can forgive an affair with a boyfriend and rally around the unexpectedly pregnant home wrecker? Not in my universe! The first book was ok but this one pushed the limit
Kim Fienberg
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. My only issue with it was the use of the term 'girl' when the friends were speaking to each other. It was used so often it got annoying. The story was engaging enough that I could overlook it but I don't think I'd read another book from this series.
Amanda
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great book about a pack of friends that stick together more so after one of the friends becomes pregnant from another one of the friends ex boyfriend. This is a great story about friendship and how true friends will stick together no matter what.
Aly
Apr 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
A Good Read

A Good Read

This was a good hearty story about love, forgivness and most of all friendships! outlined how good friendships can be and are needed in ones life. Great read!!
Tammi Whitcomb
Sep 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
54% - Simple. That's the best word I can come up with to describe this book. Far from realistic. The plot/story line had potential, it's just soooo poorly written. Should be a YA book.

70% - And what's so wrong with a little pot now and then? Uptight, plain crappy author.
Kristen
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
A quick and enjoyable girly book that's perfect for when you're in the mood to read something like that. It's predictable but you've got to love a book with strong friendships and a happy ending.
Keri
Apr 16, 2014 rated it did not like it
Could not force myself to try to finish this. The prologue was a bunch of rambling and continued into the first chapter.
Lydia
May 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great, easy read.....

Wonderful story of dedicated friends.....Family is not always formed with blood relations.....Will read the rest of the series for sure.
Jen
Jun 12, 2014 rated it did not like it
Easily one of the worst books I've ever read. I have to assume the author is a high school student imagining how adults act and speak.

• This Tangled Thing Called Love
  • Baking Bree
  • Picture Perfect
  • Good Girls
  • For Internal Use Only
  • One Day, Someday
  • Always on the Run (Always the Bridesmaid, #2)
  • Reinventing Claire
  • Twenty-Five
  • Elly in Bloom
  • Roll The Dice (Vegas, #2)
  • Do or Di
  • Working It Out
  • The Mother Load
  • Play for Me
  • Chocolate Beach (Chocolate Series #1)
  • The Queen of Minor Disasters
  • Unlock the Truth (Desert Heat #1)
Savannah Page is the author of Everything the Heart Wants, A Sister's Place, and the When Girlfriends series, heartfelt women's fiction. Sprinkled with drama and humor, her writing celebrates friendship, love, and life.

A native Southern Californian, Savannah lives in Berlin, Germany, with her husband, their goldendoodle, and her collection of books.

Savannah loves to hear from readers, so feel fre

When Girlfriends (7 books)
  • When Girlfriends Break Hearts (When Girlfriends, #1)
  • When Girlfriends Make Choices (When Girlfriends, #3)
  • When Girlfriends Chase Dreams (When Girlfriends, #4)
  • When Girlfriends Take Chances (When Girlfriends, #5)
  • When Girlfriends Let Go (When Girlfriends, #6)
  • When Girlfriends Find Love (When Girlfriends #7)