Start by marking “Sugartime: The Hidden Pleasures of Making Maples Syrup” as Want to Read:
Sugartime: The Hidden Pleasures of Making Maples Syrup

Sugartime: The Hidden Pleasures of Making Maples Syrup

3.45  ·  Rating details ·  11 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Sugaring is the act of collecting maple sap to make maple syrup, an early-spring endeavor that takes place all around the country -- in Vermont, most famously, but also throughout New England and as far south as Ohio and as far west as Minnesota. It is a time-honored tradition that has changed little since the Native Americans sugared centuries ago. Sugartime is a beautifu ...more
Published October 1st 1997 by Lyons Press

To ask other readers questions about Sugartime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sugartime

Katie
Oct 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written and filled with the meditations that early spring sugaring brings to those willing to take them time for it. Also contains helpful information about how to tap maple trees and boil the sap.
Volkert
Sugartime, by Susan Carol Hauser, is a journal of one season of sugaring with her husband in northern Minnesota, interspersed with sections on the history of maple syrup and maple sugar, starting with the natives, and other sections providing a primer on “how to” sugar.

I am a relative newcomer to the maple syrup country of New Hampshire, when I saw this used copy of Sugartime (at the height of our local sugaring season) at a local bookstore, I grabbed it. I’m glad I did.

Hauser has a knack for d
Dan