Start by marking “Thin Places” as Want to Read:
Thin Places

Thin Places

Finn Tully is clean, sober and on the downside of a prison term when he makes a promise to a soon-to-be executed man. He agrees to find the man's daughter and prove her father's innocence to her. But Finn is not prepared for what he finds. The daughter is involved in a smuggling scheme with the very man who framed her father.
Published September 17th 2012 by Diane Owens (first published September 16th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Thin Places, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thin Places

Start your review of Thin Places
Diane Rapp
Oct 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A father’s love, a treasure, and redemption.

When a death-row inmate befriends Finn, he doesn’t realize the magnitude of the man’s final request—to find his daughter, Chloe, and prove he wasn’t guilty of murder. All inmates claim to be innocent but Calvary meant what he said. Finn was guilty of his crime and lost everything as a result—his wife, his daughter, and soon his mother. He’d leave prison and probably land back inside. Thin places are magical spots where the afterlife meets this world,
Heidi
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016
Read my official OnlineBookClub review here:
Winston Crutchfield
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-library
I don’t remember how I found this book. I may have been searching for treasure hunting stories. That feels correct.

This was a really easy read. I flew through the pages and kind of forgot I was supposed to be on a treasure hunt. You meet the two principle characters and walk with them in turn until their lives converge. After that it’s just a matter of wrapping up loose plot threads.

I was trying to describe the book and it’s motif of “thin places” but couldn’t put a finger on the genre. It’s
So, I Read This Book Today
Jul 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fantasy
Recommended to So, I Read This Book Today by: Publisher
Death Loss and Redemption Heaven and earth are only three feet apart, but in the think places the distance is even smaller. – Celtic Saying
In prison, if you know how to get there, you can travel to those thin places. – Calvery, Death Row Inmate, Thin Places
Chloe Thomas lives a quiet life, fishing off the coast of Washington and Oregon, only unusual in that she is the only woman charter fishing captain in the area. A cash strapped charter fishing captain, at that. But she has a poorly kept secret
Jody Zimmerman
Mar 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Thin Places is a fine novel with an intriguing storyline about a young man, Finn Tully, incarcerated in a Texas prison from actions related to his heroine addiction. While in prison, Tully, assigned to mop floors, befriends an almost mystical death row inmate, Calvery Thomas, who professes his innocence to Tully. Thomas’s dying wish is for Tully to let Thomas’s estranged daughter, Chloe, know that Thomas never committed murder and was framed. Thomas leaves Tully all his belongings which fit in a ...more
Darlene
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Mystery, Thriller, Adventure fans
Recommended to Darlene by: Diane Owens Prettyman
Interesting. I was drawn into the story right from the beginning. At first I was disappointed that the main character isn't a female, rather is a male inmate. He is an interesting character, though, flawed but with sparks of goodness fighting to get out. Somehow I liked him enough to keep reading.

Then I met the strong female, Chloe. Wow, she's impressive! Boat captain extraordinaire!

I loved feeling like I was there in Washington enjoying time out on the ocean.

The story kept me engaged and
Linda
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Thin Places offered the adventure, intrigue, suspense, and yes, just a little romance, that allows readers to escape. The characters quickly become like friends or neighbors we've known for a lifetime. We feel what they feel because we know them. We understand their thoughts and emotions. The settings are subtly drawn and become clear images, bringing us into the sights, sounds, and smells of distinctly different worlds.
The mystery and suspense builds up to on-the-edge-of-our-seats apprehension
Heather
Sep 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Ahhhh, what a good story of redemption, of reuniting of families, of walking away from the bad stuff, of carrying on after loss, of doing ones best to make things right. Loved Chloe and Finn. I also loved the reference to 'Thin Places'. I believe there are thin places where the separation between us and those who have passed on is very thin and sometimes translucent. I love, and often live for, those moments to feel loved ones around me. It's a beautiful thing!!
Heather
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
The story could be awesome. I felt like there was so much the author could do with it but sadly she fell short. I almost recommended it to a friend but realized about half way thru she would be as disappointed as I was with the almost complete story. So many things were left unsaid and undeveloped in this story. Good try but I need a little more meat in my reading.
Shirley R Keller
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
Good read

I had to finish this tonight even though I am fighting a major migraine. We had so many visits today from children and grandchildren that I didn't get a chance to finish it earlier.
All the twists and turns in this book had me hooked from the start to the end.
Claire Bennett
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great story line & I enjoyed the twists & turns. It really was a full on journey for Finn who I felt sorry for to begin with but who turned his life around & I wanted to high five him at the end! I enjoyed this book a lot & will be reading it again.
Grkchkruns
Jul 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
Seriously? I chose this book because it was one of Oprah's Book Club. It's almost an example of a student level of creative writing, and not a very good one at that. Rediculous climax, predictable conclusion. Disappointed in Oprah.
Janell Barney
Jan 12, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 on this one. Good easy read.
Julianna
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Enjoy able read.

It's a good read. I like the narration.
This book reminds me of good people and bad choices. Don't judge a book by its cover.
Rose Beyke
Apr 10, 2013 rated it liked it
I thought this was a good book. I liked the characters in it and the scenery. A little magic never hurts either.
Janett Young
Nov 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. A good easy reader.
Chris Yorgason
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was given this book as a Read for Review and quite enjoyed it. It was a good story, with characters who felt real. I suppose more of a romance than a suspense novel, but a fun read just the same.
Dawa Dente
Bessie Winters
rated it it was ok
Oct 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Modern Good Reads: Audio Version of Action Adventure Read for Review 3 11 Nov 27, 2013 06:41AM

• Deer Season
  • In a Small Town (A Small Town, #1)
  • This Shattered Land  (Surviving the Dead, #2)
  • The 7th Day
  • Saint Death (John Milton #2)
  • Rua (Rua, #1)
  • Just The Pits (Hetta Coffey Mystery, #5)
  • The Blue Hour (Merci Rayborn, #1)
  • Lords of the Sith (Star Wars)
  • Ahsoka (Star Wars)
“A word of forgiveness, not to mention love, goes a long way toward healing the soul.” 2 likes
“Solitude does strange things to a man. When it's just you & your soul, you better be friends.” 1 likes