Start by marking “The Duke's Match Girl (Fiery Tales, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Duke's Match Girl (Fiery Tales, #3)

The Duke's Match Girl

(Fiery Tales #3)

From USA Today bestselling author Lila DiPasqua comes a scorching new historical romance novella in the acclaimed Fiery Tales series! A romantic, erotically charged retelling of Hans Christian Andersen's The Little Match Girl.

As childhood friends, Leopold d'Ermart and Suzanne Matchet were inseparable. One unforgettable Christmas Eve, their relationship changed from the bes
Published December 4th 2013 by Lila DiPasqua (first published December 3rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Duke's Match Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Duke's Match Girl

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
Oct 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
(THE DUKE’S MATCH GIRL is part of Lila DiPasqua’s Fiery Tales series but can easily be as a standalone.)

**5 Delightfully Wicked Stars**

I LOVED this novella! It was romantic, steamy and funny and kept me totally entertained from the first page to the last.

Here are the things I loved:

The story combines two of my favourite tropes…friends to lovers and second chances. I adored Leo… his willingness to admit how much he had hurt Suzanne and his sheer determination to prove how much he truly loves her
Rebecca Wheeler
Dec 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved this very sexy read!

This was a great read in the lead up to Christmas, a retelling of The Little Match Girl, a Hans Christian Anderson Christmas Fairytale. Only this one is a lot more grown up, and very, very sexy.
A wonderful second chance/hate to love story with a feisty heroine. Slow build, which I love, with off the charts erotica when you finally get there. I'll never think of champagne and ice cream the same again ;-)
Penny Watson
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
FANTASTIQUE!

I adore this novella. ADORE! Incredibly sexy and romantic story.

LOVE!

Review to follow.

Grade: A+
Zoe
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't know why this book is called the Duke's Match Girl. How is Suzanne Leo's match girl? Yes I read the writer's note in the beginning. And yes I am familiar with Andersen's The Little Match Girl. And no, I don't get it.

But no matter, the thing is this is a novella. Like all novellas, they are too short for me to feel anything for the characters. This book is a second chance romance, so that saved us some time. We go in to the book assuming that Suzanne and Leo were once in love.

The book c
Janice
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It is not an exaggeration to say I’ve been waiting for The Duke’s Match Girl for a long while. When I heard that Lila DiPasqua was writing a story loosely based upon the Hans Christian Andersen tale, I didn’t know how she’d pull it off. Boy, did she deliver.

Leopold d’Ermant, the Duc de Mont-Marly (Leo for short) is given a second chance at finding his happily ever after with the one woman he can’t forget – Suzanne Machet (clever right?). Seems Leo and Suzanne grew up being best friends before t
Ivy H
Ok so sue me for being the only reviewer to hate this novella. On second thoughts, don't sue me because I need money to buy dog chow for Harold.

I knew this was erotic historical romance but I didn't expect that it would be heavy on the erotic and light on the historical. Normally that would have been great because reading erotica has often made me horny enough to send very sexy text messages to the husband while he's at work. But the erotica in this novel failed to make me horny because the her
Debbie Scott
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So Lovely, Hot and Steamy

Amazing characters and a great storyline bring us a sexy Duke, who decides to return to his first love and try to win her back after treating her horribly as young adults. A most satisfying ending, thank you. Danny Scott.
Lindsay
Dec 17, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 rounded down, mostly because this could have been really good but fell short of that for me.

This was not an amazing read, but it was certainly better than the last DiPasqua that I read, which was the one based around The Emperor's New Clothes. That one was incredibly explicit, with hardly any plot to speak of. This one was still on the explicit side, but it did have a storyline, and most of the book was actually focused on conversations between the MC's. The idea that this is at all based up
Donna
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
GREAT hero and heroine!!!!! I loved how Leo set out to make it up to her for how he'd treated her seven years ago. Funny, romantic and STEAMY.

Leo's redemption--how he went about capturing Suzanne's heart again:

1. He goes out of his way to not only tell her how he feels, but show her--in such a grand scale---BEFORE he sleeps with her (and man, the sexy scenes are seriously hot)!

2. He pledges never to leave her and that he's a changed man...BEFORE he sleeps with her---and is true to his word.

4. T
Jules2016
Aoi
Oct 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotic, hf-france
The set-up and the hero's former douchebaggery was enough to set my teeth on edge- but the story was so so beautiful, I was a reader captivated. It's a testament to the author's skill she manages to fit both toe-curling erotic scenes AND swoon-y romance in only 106 pages..

Virginia Campbell
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Author Lila DiPasqua once again treats readers to her superb storytelling skills with "The Duke's Match Girl", a nicely naughty addition to her "Fiery Tales" series. Set in France in the late 17th century, this lush, sweetly erotic reunion romance will also captivate readers with its rich historical detail. Leopold Charles Nicolas d’Ermart, Duc de Mont-Marly, is a man with a mission. He means to make amends with the woman who was once his childhood friend--the woman whose heart he had broken sev ...more
Linda
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, novella
Lila is truly a master at re-twisting favorite fairy tales and she hits another winner with this re-telling of Hans Christian Andersen’s The Little Match Girl.

The relationship between Leo, our tortured hero, & Suzanne, our lovely heroine, was complicated (of course!) and fraught with sexual chemistry. I was really pulling for Suzanne as Leo had been quite the cad to her years ago and she had risen to the challenge of surviving without him by helping others. I was so mad at Leo in the beginni
Sharon Fournier
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh what a lovely read. Leo, the Duke of Mont-Marly, after one night of passion lost not only his best childhood friend but the only woman he would ever love. Suzanne Matchet, deceived after giving her virtue to Leo, leaves with her father and attempts to put Leo from her mind once and for all. Years later, while mourning the loss of her beloved father, Leo shows up at her door tempting her to take up where the left off years ago. Not believing Leo is sincere, Suzanne basically tells him to get l ...more
Bandmama (aka Lucy) - Claiming Mitch as mine
I totally fell in love with this book. I bought it on a whim to enjoy a quick Christmas read that I could add to my "Christmas Collection" and boy am I glad I did. The idea of taking fairy tales which are romantic at heart to begin with, and all, by the way have a happy ever after, and spinning them into hot, erotic, romance intrigued me. This is a super sweet story that has a hot connection between the characters. The romance is as heavy sigh quality romantic as it is, well, fiery and erotic. W ...more
Eirene
I am a big, big fan of second chances in my books. I think it’s great and I think everyone deserves one. The Duke’s Match Girl has made me feel very happy after reading it. I was grinning like a fool at around 11pm (which is when I finished this book) because this was so romantic and while it was a second chance story, there wasn’t much angst. I honestly don’t know how Ms. DiPasqua has managed to fit that much story in 106 pages but she did and I”m glad for it.

Read the full review over at Sleep
Carole
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lila writes the best fiery fairy tales I've ever read. The research that goes into these re-tellings is obvious and goes a long way to making each story she writes rich and entertaining.
Andrea
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review

This was my first book by Lila DiPasqua. I'd read in another review that this novella works very well as a stand alone. It does, so that made it perfect for me. Sometimes I like to start off with a novella rather than a full book when I’m reading a new to me author. It’s usually enough to give me a taste for their work but doesn’t require much of a time commitment from me. My first impression upon starting into the story was, “Wow, this author can write!”

THE DUKE'S MATCHGIRL tells the
LOU71
The third book in the Fiery Tales series is a short novella that is a steaming second chance love story. I love that the Hero, Leo, and the Heroine, Suzanne, were childhood knock-about best friends getting into mischief together, so there's that history of them really knowing each other before the reality of society expectations influences Leo's future. He is the heir of the Duke and she is the spirited daughter of their family's physician, who flouts convention from the get-go and speaks to Leo ...more
Kelly at
NUMBER OF HEARTS: 4 1/2
REVIEW:
I don’t think anyone can twist a fairy tale and tell such an amazing story quite like Lila. I loved this story. I loved the tension between Leo & Suzanne. Although I wanted to kick Leo's butt for hurting Suzanne like that. Leo & Suzanne’s history is very heart breaking and while it would have ruined the story I wish that he would have fought for her. But being a novella I am not going to tell you any more.
Just know that if you have loved any of Lila’s book
~~ Angie ~~
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Verified Amazon Purchase: Review
The Duke's Match Girl (Fiery Tales Book 3) (Kindle Edition) March 29, 2015
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
5 out of 5 stars

***This bedtime story will warm your heart and your bed....

This is an excellent bedtime story!!! The Duke is soooooooooo romantic !!! The end brought tears to my eyes.

Miss Matchet played hard to get, but the duke deserved it. I only wish this was a full novel. Anyway, I enjoyed every second of this book!

Lila DiPasqua is a tal
Crystal
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic story! Great characters with a fiery romance and heartwarming story that will make you laugh and sigh before the HEA. Loved the verbal sparring, the emotion, and the steam. Suzanne is great with her wit and strength. Leo is a reformed cad that will stop at nothing to get the one woman he loves yet foolishly let out of his life seven years ago. Great story, but fair warning that the language is a bit crass.
Jane
Thanks to both Goodreads First Reads and the author for the opportunity to win The Duke`s Match Girl. Humor, a determined Duke, the beautiful and spirited match girl plus a series of uniquely funny situations, make this wonderful book adaption a must read.

I would like to thank Lila DiPasqua and Goodreads First Reads Giveaway for my copy of The Duke's Match Girl ~ Fiery Tales #4.5 that I won in the Giveaway.
Amy ~ Love At 1st Read
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Fairy tales turn steamy in this series! Leo and Suzanne were friends and then lovers. But family duty kept them from being together. Now, 7 years later, Leo is determined to win Suzanne back. When the two finally get together again, it is obvious the flame is still burning. And boy does it burn! The Fiery Tales series is one you won't want to miss. Lila DiPasqua takes fairy tales to the next level with these books giving classic tales a new twist.
Nhi Nguyễn
What a great way to start the new year with another wonderful erotic historical romance novella from the brilliant Lila DiPasqua!!! I'm in love with her fairy tale retellings <3 <3 <3 She is amazing just like her stories ^^ Had this novella got steamier (and by steamy, you know what I mean :D), than it would have been perfect for a 50-star rating :))
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
3.5 stars. I wish this had been longer to include more of the backstory and current lives of the two MCs. Although the H did grovel, it should have been more protracted one to equal the cold and callous betrayal. The heroine forgave a little too quickly for the hurt/pain inflicted.
Mary
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This story is one of my favorite kind romances to read. First they are together, then they break up and years later they get back together. Boy this was a great one too and I don't even have words to say how HOT it is! A short, fun and sexy read!
Stella
Jan 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
A short and more romantic than erotic story in Lila DiPasqua's Fiery Tales fairy tale retelling series.

Shelly
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
Well, at least it was short. I like the premise of basing the book on a classic story, but I just wasn't feeling it. I didn't mind the characters, but there was nothing special about them either.
Eli Yanti
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is about second chance romance story, i love it so much, even i think it's too short but always, Lila is the great and my fave :)
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Gentle Grace (Wedded Women Quartet, #4)
  • The Wedding of the Century & Other Stories
  • Passion and Propriety (Hearts of Honour, #1)
  • Love's Portrait
  • Her Perfect Match (Mistress Matchmaker, #3)
  • Practically Wicked
  • Rude (House Of Payne, #4)
  • A Promise of More (The Disgraced Lords, #2)
  • The Nekkid Truth
  • Three Schemes and a Scandal (The Writing Girls, #3.5)
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed
  • A Lady's Revenge (Nexus, #1)
  • Black Silk (Rodesson's Daughters, #2)
  • Lord Ruin (The Sinclair Sisters, #1)
  • Against Her Rules (Heart's Ease, #1)
  • The First Sinners (The Sinners Club, #0.5)
  • The Devil's Waltz
  • One Week As Lovers (Somerhart, #3)
Lila DiPasqua is a USA TODAY bestselling author of erotic historical romance. She lives with her husband, three children and two rescue dogs and is a firm believer in the happily-ever-after.

***SIGN UP FOR MY 99¢ NEW RELEASE ALERT NEWSLETTER!***

Each new release will be just 99¢ for a limited time only. GET NOTIFIED. Don't miss out! Easy sign up form found on http://www.LilaDiPasqua.com/

JOIN ME ON:

Fiery Tales (10 books)
  • A Midnight Dance (Fiery Tales, #1)
  • Undone (Fiery Tales, #2)
  • Sleeping Beau (Fiery Tales, #4)
  • Little Red Writing (Fiery Tales, #5)
  • Bewitching in Boots (Fiery Tales, #6)
  • The Marquis's New Clothes (Fiery Tales, #7)
  • The Lovely Duckling (Fiery Tales, #8)
  • The Princess and the Diamonds (Fiery Tales, #9)
  • Three Reckless Wishes (Fiery Tales, #10)
~ Anonymous quotation”
15 likes
“Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale.” 2 likes