Start by marking “Just One Day” as Want to Read:
Just One Day

Just One Day

She has nothing but time . . .

Twenty-four hours. That’s how long Andie Fremont has to say yes—or no. At forty-four with a daughter in college, she’s no young kitten with starry-eyed ideas of what love is. Still, when the man who is everything she should want pops the question with a ring he knows isn’t her style, during a party she didn’t want to have, Andie balks.
Published September 24th 2012 by Beyond the Page

To ask other readers questions about Just One Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just One Day

Start your review of Just One Day
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
I really enjoyed this novella. I loved that it was about a woman in her forties.

Andies boyfriend proposes but she needs time so he gives her twenty four hours. Taking herself on a road trip to think she finds herself with an old flame.

I found this to be a well written easy read that I’d certainly recommend.
Feminista
Oct 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Rating: 3 out of 5.

Andie, a 44-year-old woman, has been given 24 hours to decide whether or not to marry the guy she has been dating for 2 years. Conflicted, she goes on a road trip and ends up in a place where she made beautiful memories more than 20 years prior. A place where, in only 24 hours, she made memories that lasted a lifetime with another guy. This novel also has a good dose of paranormal activity, in the form of well-meaning ghosts.

What I liked about this novel was the unconventional
Ellis
I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Brad asks Andie to marry him. Andie realises she doesn't feel at home with rich folks and judges them for their wealth, even though they always conveniently take a liking to her and treat her as one of their own. She realises she and Brad don't have a whole lot in common. She drives around for a day. She is reminded of that one day ages ago when she had the best sex of her life with a stranger named Jesse. Andie is hungry and
Shawna
2 stars – Contemporary Romance Novella

This was an okay read, but it felt somewhat short and rushed, especially the ending. There was an unexpected paranormal aspect of the story involving the (view spoiler) that seemed a bit strange and random. But I liked that it featured an older/mature H/h, and the author has an interesting voice. So even though this didn't live up to my expectations, I'll probably still check
Michelle
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by the Author for an honest review.

Just One Day is a short novella that spans the time frame of just about 24 hours in the life of Andie Fremont. She has what appears to be the perfect man to link arms with. After two years with Brad he is ready to stake his claim on the woman that fits perfectly into his life. But when he goes to one knee in a room full of his friends and co-workers; Andie can't seem to let the word yes escape her throat.

Left unanswered... Brad offers her

Just
Susana
Originally posted at Paperbackwonderland

Ebook provided by netgalley

Lately i haven't been too keen on reading romances. However this is my second contemporary novel in the last few days, and I'm okay with it...hum, i'm blaming my strange behaviour on the weather! ;)
To be fair, i'll admit that the fact of it being a short story and "indicated" for fans of Sarah Addison Allen piqued my interest

Okay, so this gets a three star rating, because its a novella.
Its impossible to get something perfectly
Claire Robinson
Jul 02, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a short easy-going read focusing on 24 hours in a womans life.

Brad has just proposed to Andie in front of all their friends, but rather than say yes to him she throws up. Brad gives Andie 24 hours to decide she wants to marry him, and she takes off on a roadtrip, bumping into none other than her first love Jesse.

This book was Ok, it didn't blow me away the story showed promise, but being only a novella it lacked a little depth. I wouldn't say it was anything like Sarah Addison Allen's
Sofia Lazaridou
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I couldn't see the chemistry between Andie and Brad. Instead I felt a pull for a guy she had met 22 years ago (I swear I hadn't seen the synopsis because I had no internet). I am glad she made the right decision when the time came. It was more the obvious what she should do.

I liked the story but I wanted an epilogue. I was left wanting more of Andie and Jesse. But that's not an option with short stories so I had to suffice to what I had. What I also liked it the way Andie's life changes in just
Ela
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
eBook provided by Netgalley.

2.5

The main reason I picked this up was because I confused it with Gayle Forman's new novel (which incoviently is also called 'Just One Day'), but it turned out to be a fairly enjoyable romance novella.

When she is preposed to by her boyfriend, Andie panics and goes for a drive in order to be alone and think about her answer. On the way she encounters an old flame, a tornado and finally makes up her mind; all in just one day.

The story may have been a little
Christa
Jun 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-arc
This was my first experience with a Sharla Lovelace book, and it was quite good for a short novella. I will definitely be reading more by her. I thought she was able to pack quite a bit into the novella, and I wasn't left feeling like I'd been shorted as I sometimes am after reading a novella. I enjoyed the characters, the storyline was interesting, and there was enough action to keep me engrossed in the story.

When Andie Fremont is blindsided by a proposal from her boyfriend of two years in
Killian
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
The worst thing I can say about Just One Day is "WHY is this a novella and not a full length novel?! WHYYYY?". Yes, there is a distinct whiny tone to that, and I mean it. This was one of those stories that I read and then can't stop thinking about the next day.

The premise isn't one I normally go for, which unfortunately is what kept this on my TBR pile for so long. We are introduced to Andie at her surprise engagement party. Yep, you read that right. Apparently Andie has problems picking
Cindy
Jan 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
The title says it all in this short novella. After literally getting sick after her boyfriend proposes to her he tells her to take 24 hours to give him an answer. This has her taking a road trip which leads her to a diner where she not only meets an old couple with wisdom who may not be of this world anymore but also the owner of the diner turns out to be a one night stand from college she has never forgotten.

Even though this book happens over just a 2 day period there is a lot packed into and
Pamela
Jul 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, kindle
I ended up enjoying this novel more than I thought I would. It's just too bad it wasn't longer, which is probably why I found the ending to be quite abrupt. I actually wanted to read more about Fremont and Montgomery. The fact that they're both in their 40's was smart and refreshing. "Just One Day" is a well-told story with enough details that make the protagonists very likeable. After twenty years you can feel the passion between the two.
Laura Drake
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Sharla Lovelace has been my 'New author find' of the year. Her debut book is the best I've read in 2012, and this novella did not disappoint.

It's an oft told plot - a coincidental reunion - but it's proof that if you are a master storyteller, that doesn't matter. The characters are well rounded and real, the dialog sparkles, and the end makes you sigh.

I highly recommend this!
Megan Fall
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, ghosts
This book was short, but it was so good. A lot was packed into this and I couldn't put it down. I loved the characters, especially Jesse.
old account (rl)
May 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014-read
Note: some minor spoilers contained in this review.

After I read Don't Let Go I was excited to check out some of the author's other work. When I saw Just One Day out on Amazon I quickly gobbled it up, but now I really don't know why I bothered.

Sharla Lovelace wrote her other book with a fair amount of spark and chemistry. Her characters were honest, caring, a little messed up yet willing to throw themselves back into their problems to try and find a little peace so they could move on. I loved
 Mummy Cat Claire
I wasn't expecting much from this book because I have read a book by this same author before and it was very dirty and I was less than impressed. I was right that I didn't care for this book, for the same reasons I didn't like the other book, but I will say this book is a little better.

Andie, finds her boyfriend proposing to her in a very public way. Andie is terribly embarrassed. Her boyfriend, Brad Marcus, is a high profile business man and is rich. He gives her one day to think about them. He
N.W. Moors
Aug 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Andie Fremont has 24 hours to give Brad, the guy she's been living with for two years, an answer to his proposal. On the surface he's a perfect mate: rich, good-looking, successful, all the things a forty-four-year-old woman wants. But she doesn't give him an answer when he proposes in front of all his friends on a yacht and with a ring the size of Houston.
She decides to take off and gets caught in a bad storm, stuck at a diner in the middle of nowhere - except Jesse Montgomery, the guy she
Neka
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I found a new favorite author. This book was the perfect mix of sweetness, hotness, fun, action and drama. It also made me want to watch the movie Twister for the umpteenth time, but that's always a plus.
Tina Lee Harris
Sep 26, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a cute short story of second chance love and how fate seems to play a part in our everyday lives. Andie and Jessie will realize that fate will step in and push you toward the right choice. You just have to take that first step.

Andie Fremont thought she was happy with her life until her boyfriend took the next step in their relationship and popped the question. What does Andie do? Throw up thats right. She does not give Brad answer but he knows they fit together. He offers her 24 hours
Zelle Andrews
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The author wrote a novel about a middle age woman possibly finding love. It's about time we got away from teens and young adults. Thank you so much for a delightfully refreshing novel!
Kristen
Aug 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: chick lit fans
as posted on Coffee Until Wine

received ebook on NetGalley.

I was in search of a quick, easy read and I came across Just One Day by Sharla Lovelace. I began reading it not even knowing what to expect, honestly. It was actually pretty typical chick lit to start out. I thought I was going to predict the whole thing in the first chapter.

WRONG!

I really thought it was going to be a "woman coming into her own" type book. Maybe a mild love story. And like I said, I was wrong, in a way.

The book begins
Ilaria
Jun 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
I really love this novella! It's 100% romance.

Andie Fremont is a 44 years old woman who has 24 hours to decide if say yes or no to her boyfriend.
Her boyfriend, Brad, made the proposal to her during their anniversary in front of his colleagues and in that moment Andie understand something was wrong.
The next day, Andie decide she needs time to think and hits the Texas highway in search of an answer. But breakfast is breakfast and Andie stops in a diner where she finds her ex-crush Jesse
Kat
Jul 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Kat's Review

I'll be honest, I didn't read this novella because of the comparison to the other authors because I've never read any of those authors. I read it because there was something about the description that pulled me in, particularly the fact that the protagonist wasn't a twenty-something looking for love, or even a thirty-something independent woman worried that she would never find the love of her life. No, this novella features a woman in her forties with a child, a relationship, and a
Rachel
I received a copy of Just One Day from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Netgalley, Sharla Lovelace, and Beyond the Page Publishing.

Just One Day was more like a 3.5 for me, but I just couldn't round up this time to give it a 4. This is one of those times that Goodreads is really frustrating to me that they don't allow half stars.

I don't typically read novellas or short stories, but I recently purchased The Reason is You, also by Sharla Lovelace, so when I saw this on
Crystal Marie
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
"Brad Marcus had spared nothing to celebrate our two-year anniversary, with sixty of our closest friends, of which I kind of knew four."

In this story we meet Andie who is 44 years old and in a two year relationship. Her boyfriend proposes to her and she just isn't sure and needs time. He gives her 24 hours for her to sort it out and expects an answer. Brad seems like a typical type A personality. Andie feels like she should know after 2 years, but does she truly love Brad?

"The little white box
Tina
Sep 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have never read anything by Sharla Lovelace prior to this book, so I didn't have any idea what to expect. It stated in the book description that if you were a fan of Susan Mallery or Susan Addison Allen you would probably love her work, so I had high hopes.

This was a very short little novella. I liked that it was a quick read, but it certainly left me wanting more! Just One Day is the perfect beach read, or anytime when you just don't have all day to curl up with a great book. It tells the
Vania Nunes
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Vania by: NetGalley
I remember when I saw the bucolic cover of this book. I thought at that moment that something good could come of that book .... and I was not wrong .

The book is short . Just over 100 pages , and I confess that despite not exactly a cliffhanger , wish it had at least more 2 chapters .

Andie is a different heroine, starting with her age , 44 . Her daughter is in college , she got a divorce; her parents have died , for two years she is living with a man considered wonderful, but for some reason when
Daisy
This short novella makes you think about mistaking comfort in a relationship with true love.

Andie got a second chance at a relationship. Having come out from a bad relationship, you'd think that getting involved with a kind, attentive and rich banker would be a blessing. But when she finds herself abandoned by her friends, as they don't seem to fit into her life anymore and surrounded by superficial coworkers of her boyfriend at an extravagant "2 years of being a couple" party on an elegant
Kat at Book Thingo
Just One Day is a sweet novella about second chances and following your heart. There’s enough complexity in the heroine to enjoy the first person narrative, and it just goes to show that older heroines can be just as sexy, vulnerable and conflicted as any virgin mistress. (‘I’m too old for this shit,’ she tells Jesse.) As a bonus, the excerpt (see link below) is a vomit scene. And it comes straight after a marriage proposal. Awesome.

Romance novellas are hit and miss for me, often because authors
« previous 1 3 next »

• Come Back For Me
  • Then She Vanishes
  • Tell No One
  • I Looked Away
  • Beyond the Point (DI Nick Dixon 9)
  • This Is Me
  • That Second Chance (Getting Lucky, #1)
  • The Dead Ground (Paula McGuire, #2)
  • The Silent Dead (Paula Maguire, #3)
  • A Sellsword's Mercy (The Seven Virtues #6)
  • The Secretary
  • A Sellsword's Hope (The Seven Virtues #7)
  • Dawn of a Legend (The Silvan, #3)
  • Gravity
  • Winter's Fire (The Rise of Sigurd, #2)
  • Bite
  • Easter On Lovelace Lane: Springtime shenanigans with the lane's newest resident (Lovelace Lane, Book 7)
  • Wings of the Storm (The Rise of Sigurd, #3)
Sharla Lovelace is the Bestselling and Award Winning Author of five standalone novels, the exciting Heart of the Storm series, and the fun and sexy Charmed in Texas series, all featuring sexy small town love stories with heat and humor. Being a Texas girl through and through, she's proud to say she lives in Southeast Texas with her husband, a souped up golf cart, and two crazy mutts.

Sharla is