Start by marking “Ghosts in the Wind” as Want to Read:
Ghosts in the Wind

Ghosts in the Wind

Andrei Cuza and Dean Marshall celebrated their tenth anniversary only to have their happiness shattered by a random, insane event: On his way home from closing a business deal, Dean stops on the parkway to help a young mother with her flat tire, and her ex arrives, murders them, and takes off with his two kids.

Ghosts have haunted Andrei all his life. He bears the guilt fo
Paperback
Published October 31st 2012 by Dreamspinner Press (first published October 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Ghosts in the Wind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghosts in the Wind

Icedave
Rating:
somewhere between 3.75 and
EDIT: looking back 8 days later I'm more certain about the rating.

Genre:
paranormal m-m-romance thriller with horror elements.

Infos
main characters:
Andrei, a private investigator interested into helping kids and coming from a gipsy family, but they are estranged from each other.

Dean, his husband and gym owner with a loving family, who doesn't move on after being murdered.

impressions:
Andrei is heartbroken by Dean's death and wavers between wanting to keep Andrei longer as a g/>main/>

EDIT:/>somewhere
Kade Boehme
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy shit. IDK why I do these to myself and ME? PARANORMAL? But... wow. Glad I did, other than I'm a bit of a wreck. That epilogue. *contented sigh*
Kaje Harper
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: intense, m-m, paranormal
This is an interesting take on ghosts and the paranormal world of the dead who fail to move on. Dean and Andrei open the book as a happy and committed couple. Dean owns a gym and hopes to open another. Andrei is a private detective with a special interest in finding missing kids. He has a bit of a hot-headed streak and is inclined to take risks in pursuance of his job, and Dean worries about him. But it's Dean who stops to help a young mother change a flat tire, and ends up murdered by her ex-hu ...more
Moniqee
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OK, it is one of Dreamspinner bittersweet stories ( hey even the blurb say so but i am a sucker to paranormal action ) and I am glad it didnt deter my purchase because it is one of the best stories I read so far.

At first, I thought it was going to be a hot mess with so much things going on in one story ie paranormal horror, action-packed and romance but somehow the plot mesh up pretty well with this intriguing story buildup.

Unlike some Dreamspinner bittersweet stories, the ghosts still have th
Morgana
Sep 28, 2012 marked it as probably-not
I'm going to pass on this. I tend to avoid Bittersweet Dreams titles, and for a reason. Sometimes, though, my curiosity gets the better of me and I end up in tears. Don't wont it to happen again, and this book definitely seems like too much for me. The blurb only made me awfully sad! Still, I look forward to reading reviews.
Melanie
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Don't let the label Bittersweet Dreams scare you away from this excellent book. That is the last word I would use to describe Ghosts in the Wind.

Read my review at http://scatteredthoughtsandroguewords... and find out why love is never bittersweet!
Widya Vello
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, romance, ghost
I entered this book for August 2017 Indonesian reading's challenge. I like this book, it's a ghost story, although it's bit scary but there's also lot of love element inside. It's pretty sad too. Who knows how or when your life will be ended? When it seems like everything's been going so fine and smooth.
Dean is just a decent guy who helped a woman with a flat tire and suddenly her ex-husband arrived and killed him. Andrei, Dean's partner is should be the one with high chance of being in danger,
Lisa The Novel Approach
I loved the fact that Dean and Andrei got the chance to say all the things you would always want to say to your partner if you knew they were going to die. They didn’t part with what-ifs or should haves or could haves; they both got true closure. This book was packed with ghosts, action and romance. The three concepts blended so well together the story just flowed, and I didn’t stop until the story was over. This will definitely not be the last book I read by Marguerite Labbe. I am looking forwa ...more
Paul
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: won_it
Wow! Thank you, Ms. Labbe, for a touching story that's different and wonderful.
Curtis
Andrei Cuza and Dean Marshall expected a happily ever after life. But when Dean is murdered after pulling over to help a motorist with a flat tire, Andrei's world comes crashing down. And that world keeps spinning when Andrei learns that Dean's spirit is staying behind to send him a message and help him track down the murderer. None of this is how they expected to be spending their days, and it's certainly not how they expected to say goodbye. This is a bit of a whirlwind story--things move very ...more
Sammy Goode
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Well, my hands are still clenching my kindle and my eyes are still misty eyed as I begin this review of Ghosts in the Wind by Marguerite Labbe. There were times in this fast-paced, action packed thriller that I was sure I was reading a Dean Koontz or a Stephen King throwback. The bad guys were indeed scary and had me glancing around my darkened bedroom more than once.

But then, Ms. Labbe would write a poignant and emotionally searing love scene between our two heroes and I would be tr
This book can be summed up in one word in my opinion: beautiful. The emotion practically shines off the pages/screen, and the story intensely flows from chapter to chapter, taking the reader along on a roller coaster of a tale. A very definitive five star book.

The author has a real gift in blending story elements that wouldn't always work together in a way that one doesn't outshine the other. There's romance, action, police procedural bits, supernatural chills, and exploration of hum
Karen
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 STRONG stars--This is not a romance; it’s a love story—an absolutely beautiful, heart breaking love story. It starts where most romances end—in the midst of their HEA. Dean and Andrei have been together for years now—completely devoted to one another, still deeply in love. Andrei has the high risk job. If anything were to happen to one of them, you’d think it would be Andrei, but in trying to help a young mother in need, Dean gets caught up in a situation beyond his control, and things do not ...more
Karen
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, this book was nothing like I expected, and so much better! One MC is killed off at the beginning of the book -- and no, that is not a spoiler, though trying to say more without giving spoilers is almost impossible! Probably because of the violence of his death, and his need to protect innocent victims, he remains on earth as a ghost. He reconnects with his husband because he needs to help him save those victims, and his husband has a gift -- the ability to see ghosts.

What follow
Amy
While this is not a usual choice (paranormal, ghost) for me, I don't think I could have loved this book more. Definitely in my top reads of this year. So well done, a story of a love so beautiful. I cried big, ugly tears. ❤❤❤❤❤

Marbea Logan
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This beautifully written with all the right elements of paranormal suspense and romanticism. The main characters bond was so spiritual I felt the closeness in the authors words. I cried in the beginning sad tears, and cried in the ending happy tears. Well done Marguarite!!
Ayanna
Nov 22, 2012 marked it as maybe-later
It sounds really good, but I don't think my heart could handle it. I can really do with some happiness in my life right now, so this one maybe later...
Feliz
Nov 03, 2013 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
dnf at 32%. Perhaps later.
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great book. packed full of angst, love and drama.
Janice
Oct 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was an intense paranormal thriller with a nail-bitting climax and a smile-worthy ending. No tears or angst like the blurb suggested, although there were a few sniffles I couldn't quite muffle.
Elisa Rolle
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2013 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention (5* from at least 1 judge)
Penny
Jan 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
WOW!!! One of the best Ghost/love stories I've read. Great character. 4.5 stars. Highly recommend.
Annie Nicholas
Nov 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a beautiful and sad tale about two men's love. Ms. Labbe captures her character's emotions and pulls the reader in with heart wrenching clarity. A true romance.
Katrina
Stillman
Aug 26, 2014
Summer Michaels
Dec 31, 2012
Dreamspinner Press: Ghosts in the Wind by Marguerite Labbe 1 7 Oct 31, 2012 11:58AM

• A Token of Time
  • Tarnished Gold (Tarnished, #1)
  • Look Away Silence
  • Last Dance with Mary Jane
  • Paid Leave (ABQ Heat #1)
  • Duet
  • Wishing on a Blue Star
  • Hidden Away
  • After the End
  • Laying a Ghost (Laying a Ghost, #1)
  • Bound to Fall
  • The Haunting of Timber Manor (Memoirs of the Human Wraiths, #1)
  • When Love Is Not Enough (Unconditional Love, #1)
  • A Frost of Cares
  • In the Flesh (Flesh, #1)
  • Eyes of an Innocent (In the Eyes, #1)
  • Choices (Golden Collar, #1)
  • Love, Like Ghosts (Bay City Paranormal Investigations, #7)
Marguerite has been accused of being eccentric and a shade neurotic, both of which she freely admits to, but her muse has OCD tendencies, so who can blame her? Her husband and son do an excellent job keeping her toeing the line, though. Together with her co-author Fae Sutherland, Marguerite has found a shared passion for beautiful men with smart mouths.

When she's not working hard on writing new m
“Just give me a bit, let me pretend you're still alive," Andrei said hoarsely. "Let me pretend that I don't have to give you up."
"Andrei," Warm, calloused hands cupped Anrei's face. "Look at me. I'm real. I'm still with you. A part of me will always be with you. Even after I go through that doorway.”
8 likes