Start by marking “Masquerade” as Want to Read:
Masquerade

Masquerade

When Clarissa takes a much needed job under slightly false pretenses, she doesn't think it will be such a big deal. She may have told her movie-star boss that she was married, but that shouldn't matter. After all, she doesn't want anything to do with men for a long, long time.

It's hard for a woman to keep up the masquerade when her boss is as handsome as Slade Jacobson
Published November 2012 (first published June 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Masquerade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Masquerade

Edenbrooke by Julianne DonaldsonBlackmoore by Julianne DonaldsonSeeking Persephone by Sarah M. EdenCourt of the Hawk by Debbie  PetersonDrops of Gold by Sarah M. Eden
LDS Romance
396 books — 374 voters
Pillar of Light by Gerald N. LundLike a Fire Burning by Gerald N. LundA Season of Joy by Gerald N. LundFire of the Covenant by Gerald N. LundCharly by Jack Weyland
LDS Fiction
149 books — 92 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Masquerade
Janette
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm breathing a sigh of relief now that I've revised this book and put it out as an ebook. It's nice to be able to fix all the things that bugged you in the printed edition. I wish I could do that with every book I've ever written.
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
September 2012: When I found out the author was republishing this (should be out in a couple months), I decided to re-read it. I think she'll be making some slight changes, making it more mainstream. I'm curious to see how she will update it, I also really hope she adds an epilogue. Anyway, I enjoyed this as much the second time around. The last chapter was especially good. When I first read this three years ago I didn't have any kids, now I have three toddlers and I could appreciate Slade and ...more
T.K.
Feb 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this book so delightful I actually hugged it when I finished the last page. :) There were so many laugh-out-loud moments, that I just want to read it over again. Janette Rallison (Sierra St. James is a pseudonym) is a romantic comedy genius!
Brooke
Nov 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
So fun. A nice, light read that could be categorized as clean...

Please head here:

to read the rest.
Mimi
Nov 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult
I read a blog post by Janette Rallison, where she mentioned that she had been able to make changes to one of her earlier novels, and it made me interested in reading it. It's only $2.99 for the ebook right now on Amazon.

So, the main characters in this romance are Clarissa and Slade. Clarissa is a divorced single mother of a three year old daughter (her husband was verbally abusive). She is working multiple jobs trying to make ends meet, and she finds a great job opportunity in becoming the
Tiana
Nov 22, 2012 added it
I haven't read any of Janette Rallison's adult books before, so I was pleasantly surprised that this book was just as fun as her books for teens. There's still the humor and voice that I've grown to associate with her novels, but grown up just a little bit. The main female character still gets in embarrassing situations, but it's handled more maturely.

I know this book was rewritten from an earlier edition, which I never read, so I can't really compare them.

Normally when a book depicts someone
LeNore
May 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was the third book of Ms. Rallisons Ive read. Sometime in the first 15% I was laying on my back, legs curled in the air, thrashing from side to side squeezing a steady stream of tears from my eyes from laughing so hard. It was quite a spectacle. At that time I vowed to read every one of her books. Laughing is good for the brain (it makes it produce one of the happy endorphins and we all need more of those), its good for the soul and the world. I have rarely laughed that hard in a book. And ...more
Dena (Batch of Books)
Nov 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: clean-romance
Another charming and clean romantic comedy by one of my favorite authors, Janette Rallison. It had the same type of voice and wit as her young adult novels do, but with a grown woman stumbling through embarrassing situations instead of a teen.

The story was completely enjoyable. Rallison has the ability to make me forget that I am not part of the plot. I melt into the world of the characters, and get lost in their ups and downs. I laughed so much during this book, and it was refreshing to read
Shauna
Nov 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Janette Rallison is one of my FAVORITE authors!
Her books are SO GOOD!
I have read A LOT of them and LOVE each one!

I have read:
Revenge of he Cheerleaders
Life, Love and the Pursuit of Free Throws
Dakota's Revenge
What the Doctor Ordered

Masquerade is Janette Rallison's newest book.
I knew it would be good just because Janette wrote it...and it really was!
Actor Slade Jacobson is looking for a nanny for his little girl...Bella...
Deborah
Dec 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
4.5
I was really looking forward to this book for two reasons: First, I love Janette Rallison. She is one of my favorite authors. Her books are always fun, sweet and most important to me CLEAN!! My second reason was my friend Kath. She had been so excited about this book that in turn it makes you more excited!

I will say I was not disappointed. I really enjoyed this story. I thought it was everything I loved about a Rallison book. I liked the characters and I thought it was pretty believable. I
Jaima
Oct 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Hilarious, light, done in a day, with a few unexpected twists to keep me guessing. (view spoiler) Clever and independent herione, so this book hits all the right notes!
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I didn't realize this new edition was out yet, I hurried and downloaded it and am curious to see how it varies from the original Masquerade by Sierra St James (aka Janette Rallison).
Melissa
May 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of two LDS romance novels that I can stand to read and actually really like! This book and the other (Trial of the Heart) are both written by the same author. It's clever and funny. I like to pick it up occassionally for a quick fun read.
Whitney Rasmussen
Aug 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sierra St. James and I share a similar sense of humor. I am actually reading this book again (as my in-between books before I can get my hands on another book :) and I forgot how witty it is. I am reminded of how cute it is, and I'm pleasantly surprised.
Kristen
Dec 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Huh, I know I've read this before. I must have forgot to review it. Another really cute one by Janette Rallison. This one was a little bit more for adults than for teenagers. I wouldn't recommend it to mine. But a fun read and Slade, he's perfect.
Shiralea Woodhouse
Dec 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really fun book - more for adults than teens, though still clean and with lots of laughs!
Joanna Smith
Dec 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love her books! They are cute without being cheesy-which is rare.
Karen
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Masks we wear

This was a fun book. It started with a misrepresentation during a job interviewed. This was a sweet love story about two people going through similar situations from two very different backgrounds. The book kept my interest throughout. I wish the epilogue would have been longer. There wasn't much transition or resolution to me. But I loved the book regardless.
Dori
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun, clean romance

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and may or may not have stayed up way past my bedtime to finish it. The characters were fun to get to know. The plot kept up at a good pace and the finish was highly satisfactory. I cannot wait to dig into another one of Janette's books!
Lewis M. Miller Jr
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Uplifting story!

Although the situation the heroine and hero each find themselves in a situation that is a downer, they persevere, learn to trust and love again. Awesome characters navigate the real results of broken marriages but resolve to make a new brighter future for their children and themselves. An uplifting story.
michelle a akins
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really cute

When I saw this cover, I thought I'd already read it. But after the first chapter, the plot was good and I got hooked. Parts of this story are funny. And other parts are laugh out loud funny. I am going to pass this on to my romance reading friends.
J.
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute and clean romance

It's hard to find fun and clean books with adult mcs so I really enjoyed reading this one. I would have liked it to be a little longer. As it was, I still stayed up to late reading it. Oh and the author's bio at the end made me chuckle.
Kate McMurry
A witty, heart-warming feast for fans of romantic comedy!

Clarissa Hancock married young and is currently a divorced, single mother of three-year-old Elaina. Clarissa has limited job skills, an unfinished college degree in family science, and is currently working multiple low-paying, part-time jobs to support herself and Elaina because her coldly malicious ex-husband has legally outmaneuvered her. Though he has granted Clarissa full physical custody of Elaina, he refuses to have anything to do
Dianna
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had me giddy the entire time. Had me smiling and at times cracking up. My 5 year was looking at me like I was 😝This was the 1st book I read from this author and cant wait to check out her other books. ...more
Irene
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Clarissa explains it

Who doesn't recall Melissa Joan Hart! Sorry but that name came to mind when I first read this book. Actors!
Becky
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor, romance, fiction
Fun!
Jo
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Funny

Loved this light, funny romance. Enjoyed reading a fun story with several laugh out loud moments. Highly recommend to anyone who likes clean romance
Rebekah
Feb 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Clean story

This was a cute clean story that I probably won't remember, but it was a quick read. I enjoyed it. Why only three stars? There was just something about this book that bothered me under the surface. I think a lot of the dialogue was very cliche. I enjoyed the story line. Unbelievable story, but that's the fun of fiction.
Language: completely clean
Sexual content: completely clean
Religious: not at all
Overall story: As I mentioned above, perhaps too cliche and a little anticlimactic, but
Kathryn Cooper
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
reviewed on Clean Adult Fiction

I loved this book! Clarissa was a single mom with a critical and disinterested ex-husband. She needed a job and found an old friend of her ex's at a temp agency. He thought she was still married and sent her over to Slade the movie star's house for a nanny interview. The guy told her Slade preferred the nanny to be married so she wouldn't be another girl trying to get his attention instead of nannying his daughter. Slade thinking Clarissa was married was not the
Courtneycolver
When I was in high school, I spent a lot of time and money on LDS fiction love story/mystery novels. Over the years I've weeded out the ones thatr didn't leave a big impression or were too cheesy until all I have left is two of them and both of them are by Sierra St. James (this one and Trial of the Heart). I really like this book. It's fun, and while the situation is unrealistic, the protagonists are not. The main character, Clarissa, is a mother to a three year old and a nanny to a four year ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• A Longtime -and at one point illegal- Crush
  • My Unfair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #2)
  • How I Met Your Brother
  • Just One Wish
  • My Fairly Dangerous Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #3)
  • My Double Life
  • Pickle Licker: A Quirky Christmas Novella
  • My Fair Lacey & A Perfect Fit (Echo Ridge Romance)
  • It's a Mall World After All
  • All's Fair in Love, War, and High School (Pullman High #2)
  • Small Town Girls Don't Marry Their Best Friends (Beaches of Trumanville #3)
  • Work in Progress (Cook County, #1)
  • Cocky Playboy
  • Pit Stop: Baby! (Crescent Cove, #4)
  • Possessive Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago #2)
  • Married To My Enemy
  • Hero Next Door
  • Revenge of the Cheerleaders (Pullman High #3)