Start by marking “The Unfinished” as Want to Read:
The Unfinished

The Unfinished

This is the full novel, taken from the short story, The Unfinished.

In a future where the Unfinished (murdered) are brought back to life for only 72 hours to testify against their killers before being "put down" for eternity... an Unfinished is resurrected to what he believes is his one chance to point the finger at his accused killer.

He remembers the final details of his l
Kindle Edition, Second Expanded Edition, 17 pages
Published November 28th 2011 by Amazon Digital Services (first published June 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Unfinished, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unfinished

Start your review of The Unfinished
Melinda
Death sucks. I should know. I croaked once before the ultimate upchuck to face the one who knocked me off. I'd get to point the finger at the prick who put a .22mm to the back of my head.

Donny York has the personality of Sam Spade in 2022, the morals of a alley cat and the unenviable job of mattress salesman. Donny York is also dead...but not for long. He was murdered. He has no idea why. He didn't see the killer. The government reanimates murder victims for 72 hours to testify against their
latybug
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received a free download of this book from Story Cartel.
I enjoyed this story quite a bit. The whole idea of being able to have victims identify their murderers, is quite intriguing. The way science and technology grows by leaps and bounds on a daily basis, I can honestly see this being a reality someday.
I can also see the trouble with this, as the author pointed out in having the main character not actually know who killed him. I'm sure that some people could be "persuaded" to think that someo
brandy oliver
Dec 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was more then pleased with this book. It isn't very often that a book with less then 20 pages, that isn't a children's book, really grabs my attention and ends up being one of the most original stories I ever read.
My only complaint would be that I would love an actual mini series or possibly a new book with a lot more pages! This has a lot of potential to be a super mystery, detective, science fiction, and everything in between, novel.
It amazes me that this author was able to create such a uni
audrey
Donny York has just been resurrected within a futuristic legal system that reanimates murder victims for 72 hours in order to identify and testify against their killer. He reminisces about the first trial that incorporated The Unfinished while preparing to face his own killer in court. The 2014 expanded edition also includes the first chapter from the forthcoming novel that expands upon the story.

The Unfinished is a short story that is 21 pages long. The first-person narration illustrates great
Nata Romeo
Nov 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of reading Patrice Williams-Marks book titled The Unfinished. First off, I was intrigued by the title, second the cover and third I wanted to know more about what was unfinished.

I loved the opening hook! "Death sucks," ha ha isn't that the truth. The premise of the story is unique and keeps the reader on his or her toes. Fast paced plot and amazing true voice. I just loved the character's voice, it made me chuckle and wanted to keep reading even though my eyes were struggling
Marjolein (UrlPhantomhive)
READ IN ENGLISH

Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

I won a free copy of this story via the BL-giveaways in exchange for an honest review.

This is a very short story, only 17 pages long (Says GR, I haven't yet found how I can see page number on my Kindle-for-PC program). Still, it is able to present to you a intriguing story based on a very interesting idea. Bring back the murdered (only for 72 hours) so they are no longer only Silent Witnesses to their crimes.

I really like
Dani Sue
Nov 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this short story! It definitely has that Film Noir feel to it. It's Science Fiction meets Film Noir. I like the juxtaposition of the future...the 2200's...and the vintage 30s/40s Noir speaking style of the narrator. Everything is through the narrator's perspective. I love the writing style because it pulled me in right away and I was able to get a clear sense of Donny and the world he lives in...or should I say is brought back to life in? There is a great twist at the en ...more
Athena Nagel
Oct 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
The Unfinished was a captivating read. I was surprised I could become so totally engrossed in such a "short". It was easy to follow this story and get to know the characters (yes there is more than one) and the end was as surprising as can be. Quite a shocker. The end left me wanting so much more - what happened to the "Unfinished" after the shocking close? This story only took a few minutes to read but the whole premise of this story was so intriguing I really could sit and read about "the rest ...more
Cruikshank
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very conversational entry, and it definitely builds up to another book. This is a short work and it has a lot of interesting characters and details, and the author has mentioned her desire to turn this into an actual series later with follow-up stories, of which this will lead right into. It's about a man who has 72 hours to come back and finish everything he's left behind and you can definitely tell that the author has screenwriter roots with the dialogue and characters.

A good read, and a goo
Stephanie Ziegler
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So much in so few pages!

Even though this story takes place after 2211, the narration is straight out of 1940s detective movies. That makes the story easy to imagine.

The plot is simple and explained in detail but with few words. Not everyone can write like that. The ending came as a shock, then, bam! The story was over. I am so glad to hear that this story is being made into a full length book. Heck, this could be made into a TV show or a really good movie!

Until next time, live life one page at a
CassandraG
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Longer. Definitely Longer. The writing is very good. For a very short story,it’s an intriguing and interesting take on justice in the after-life, even if it is, just for three days. Definitely, have to get the follow up. Definitely, an author to keep an eye on and keep on the top of your TBR Pile. If you haven’t read The first part of Unfinished, do so, you’ll be wanting more.
Melissa Laird
May 02, 2014 rated it liked it
I received this copy for free and I enjoyed it and wold like to read more about the unfinished it was what made me want to read this was the description it just sounded good
Jeff Elkins
Jul 06, 2013 rated it liked it
It was good. I enjoyed the story. It's a fast read. I think it has real potential for expansion. ...more
Patrice Marks
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jim
Mar 12, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: Need Alt Cover Edition 3 12 May 04, 2015 07:54PM
Vote on Book Cover 1 2 Dec 07, 2012 03:12PM
www.PatriceWilliamsMarks.com

"I've been a writer since age 6 when I pinned the wildly successful (in my own mind) THE DAY SNOOPY GOT MARRIED. My teacher was so impressed that she shared it with the entire school staff. Unfortunately, I never got it back!

I've written over 10 screenplays; some of which have been optioned. Hoping one will make it to the big screen some day. I envision Universal's spin

News & Interviews