Start by marking “Felix and the Worrier” as Want to Read:
Felix and the Worrier

Felix and the Worrier

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  60 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Rosemary Wells brings back her lovable little character from FELIX FEELS BETTER in a reassuring story that is sure to send pesky Worriers everywhere out the window.

Every night, Felix has a visitor. It’s the Worrier, who comes to remind Felix about the little black spot on his tooth, the possibility of getting birthday presents he doesn’t like, and other troublesome things.
Published August 11th 2003 by Candlewick

To ask other readers questions about Felix and the Worrier, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Felix and the Worrier

Kathryn
Feb 10, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: those who worry at night!

I absolutely LOVE the concept for this book (and they ought to make one for grown-ups because I know I am visited by The Worrier one too many nights!) and Felix is sooo cute. However, I thought the resolution was a bit unsatisfactory.
***SPOILERS***
If the only reason Felix solved his nighttime-worry problems was by getting a dog for his birthday, um...? What are the majority of kids going to do 1) if they cannot have a dog OR 2) if they have a dog and still have visits from The Worrier. It woul
Tam
Apr 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
My 5-year-old loves the "Max and Ruby" series by Rosemary Wells but neither of us liked this book. I don't like the message it sends. Why does a child need to have a Worrier appear every night? Especially one that tries to ruin his birthday by telling him people might not come to his party or he might get scary gifts?!

"When all the world lay fast asleep, someone tapped on Felix's window. It was the Worrier."
Logan
Jun 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
what a hilarious little book! Logan laughed out loud. When I read it to Logan's daddy this evening, we both laughed. Felix is a guinea pig who is visited at night by a little creature called the worrier, who talks up small concerns into big worries. I love Wells' illustrations of the perpetually big-eyed Felix. If you've got a little worrier, this charming book might help talk about. it.
Mary
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book, bedtime
An endearing picture book that beautifully captures a child's nighttime anxieties. Felix 's peace of mind is disrupted every night when the worrier comes to visit and gives Felix fearful ideas. With a satisfying conclusion, this is a story that is both reassuring and empowering.
jacky
Jun 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Read this with Natalie many times. The Worrier is a little man that comes and whispers worries to Felix, but in the morning they are never true. I love the ending where a friend helps Felix keep the worrier away for good.
Jill Pickle
Felix is so cute I can't stand it.
Kerry
May 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: therapy, children
Externalising worry is a really good way to work with younger children. Rosemary Wells has created a lovely story with cute illustrations. A nice book for the little worriers.
Katie
Apr 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is quite possibly the funniest children's book I've ever read. Our whole family was belly laughing!
Jayden Mahoney
Jul 13, 2016
Benjamin Elliott
Aug 31, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Rosemary Wells is the author of a number of popular children's books, most notably the Max and Ruby series which follows the everyday adventures of sibling bunnies - curious three year old Max and bossy seven year old Ruby. She gets the inspiration for Max and Ruby from her two daughters and the experiences they
More about Rosemary Wells...